Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander

rscott94

wow this kinda seals the deal on Kimbo getting back in to the competition...love to see Kimbo fight i hope its a stand up and bang kind of match some guys thats all u want to see from them ya kno and thats how i feel about Kimbo i just wanna see him defend take downs and knock out fools!

im gunna root for kimbo on this one i will be the first to admit i had the rong impression of kimbo and even slagged him off in these forums befor but since TUF he seems a very humble guy and hes caused no trouble what so ever hes jsut got on with his training and got along with every one in the house and he seems very eager to learn mma

Wow, I think Nebraska will definitly be in the building. I bet Alexander KO's him fast. Does he make a (bigger) name for himself if he beats Kimbo? Kimbo did not impress me at all on TUF. Hes a cool dude but seemed to have very limited skills. I cant wait to see this, should be some bigs bombs dropping.

.. hard for me to think of this as mma (street-brawl maybe)' date=' although HA did defeat the war-god Sherman Theodore Pendergarst in Sept. w/ leg kicks,

I consider it [b']interesting entertainment [/b].. bring it ;)

I just cant look at this fight with out shaking my head laughing and mumbleing "Gimmick". I, I just cant do it...

I got a lot of respect for Kimbo after watching TUF. The guy presents a completely different image then what most of us thought of when we first saw his YouTube fights.

But seriously, Houston WILL knock him the _____ out. Houston will have the reach, the experience, the skill, and the technique. Sorry Kimbo. I think the UFC is setting him up in a bad way.

I think it's smart on UFC's part not to match up Kimbo with a grappler. This should be a interesting match up' date=' they both have KO power and should be a fun fight to watch.[/quote']

IT's smart how is this smart this fight is to put ratings up on the board don't get me wrong this is going to be a awesome fight but come on people unless kimbo slice learns a ground game in the next year all he'll ever be is a legend youtube star. thank you

Kimbo KO First Round. i know that the ufc will put kimbo in fights with people that stand up and bang until he shows a ground game. we'll see if that happens and if it does and he starts sprawlin and brawlin then maybe kimbo could get a title just . that if he develops and i bold this A GROUND GAME AND GROUND DEFENSE

Well Kimbo already knows how to strike. I bet 90% of his training now is a ground game.

This is a great first fight for Kimbo. Dana knows that Kimbo will be ten times more entertaining (at least for now) on the feet. Do you really see Houston Alexander taking it to the ground?

Regardless of thoughts on Kimbo or Houston, it'll still be an entertaining fight. 90% chance SOMEONE gets knocked out.

I have to agree I'm not all that in to this fight. I really hate it when they take fighters that are completely one dimensional (always of the standing variety) and then put them high on fight cards against a fighter that is nothing more than someone who has no interest in playing the exact game the first fighter wants. Think Hardunk, Kongo, Cro Cop, Alexander, Leben etc.

If this wasn't bad enough the UFC then does 2 things that really gets me: 1) They rip on boxing as a one-dimensional sport and not as evolved as MMA. Yet UFC has no problems putting on what amounts to nothing more than a kickboxing fight over and over. 2) They cram these bums, who any real fan knows has no ground game and therefore no real chance at ever going anywhere, down our throats as the next big thing. Remember when Hardunk was going to be the next unbeatable champion? Or how they still to this day insist that Kongo is a legitimate challenger in the HW division?

Put these kind of fights way down on the undercard, possibly not even televised. They are simply for the "fans" that have no understanding of MMA or the ground game and think technical fights are boring. The same fans that cheer the nuts off Silva when he knocks out Leben or Irvin and then boo him relentlessly when he buts on a not-so-entertaining but technically superior fight against Cote.

I'm not saying I don't like a striking battle, but it's annoying when they keep giving such one-dimensional fighters such profile fights. Part of the fun of watching MMA is not really knowing for sure if the fight will stay on the feet or not. It adds a whole dimension to the anticipation of a fight and the nervous energy you get when viewing it. Even the best strikers at the top of the divisions occasionally go to the ground to win.

I have to agree I'm not all that in to this fight. I really hate it when they take fighters that are completely one dimensional (always of the standing variety) and then put them high on fight cards against a fighter that is nothing more than someone who has no interest in playing the exact game the first fighter wants. Think Hardunk' date=' Kongo, Cro Cop, Alexander, Leben etc.

If this wasn't bad enough the UFC then does 2 things that really gets me: 1) They rip on boxing as a one-dimensional sport and not as evolved as MMA. Yet UFC has no problems putting on what amounts to nothing more than a kickboxing fight over and over. 2) They cram these bums, who any real fan knows has no ground game and therefore no real chance at ever going anywhere, down our throats as the next big thing. Remember when Hardunk was going to be the next unbeatable champion? Or how they still to this day insist that Kongo is a legitimate challenger in the HW division?

Put these kind of fights way down on the undercard, possibly not even televised. They are simply for the "fans" that have no understanding of MMA or the ground game and think technical fights are boring. The same fans that cheer the nuts off Silva when he knocks out Leben or Irvin and then boo him relentlessly when he buts on a not-so-entertaining but technically superior fight against Cote.

I'm not saying I don't like a striking battle, but it's annoying when they keep giving such one-dimensional fighters such profile fights. Part of the fun of watching MMA is not really knowing for sure if the fight will stay on the feet or not. It adds a whole dimension to the anticipation of a fight and the nervous energy you get when viewing it. Even the best strikers at the top of the divisions occasionally go to the ground to win.[/quote']

hmm so youre one of those self proclaimed "MMA know-it-alls" im not gonna waste my time ranting about about your post. But i want to point out that, the same way you find a grappling fight sooo exciting, no matter how slow and boring it gets, many other people find striking fights very exciting just as you do. its called MMA not MGA(mixed ground arts) if someone is good at grappling, they will grapple more than strike, and maybe only do just that, just as if someones really good at striking, they may just only do that because thats theyre best chance of winning. when these "one dimensional" fighters are training, theyre not thinking of that dbag sitting behind his computer who is scolding them for not being great at a particular skillset. so stop thinking that in order for someone to be a true mma fan, that they have to have a burning desire to see ground fighting just like you. I love mma and id take a striking match over a grappling fight anyday, but i do understand the skill and persistence that grappling needs, which is why i respect those who practice it, but i prefer to watch striking just like youprefer to watch grappling. So stop thinking your the "enlightened" one when it comes to mma, because really, that is only yourpreference.

hmm maybe that was a rant, but i had to get the point across

the guys that say this is a eazy fight 4 kimbo clearly do not now mma......and houston he is one of the dangerous stand ups in the ufc. his only flaw is his ground game and he doesnt have to worry about that with kimbo... is see houston winning this fight with leg kicks and points he is not gonna bang with kimbo he is gonna trow a kick and step back.

i love kimbo wanna see him succeed butt they ****ed him up with giving him houston

Dana knows what he's doing. It will be an entertaining fight. You put Kimbo against a guy like Cain Valasquez, or even a decent wrestler or BJJ guy, Kimbo gets OWNED. Kimbo is a valuable comodity, and you can bet your last dollar that Dana is pulling for Kimbo to win this fight. Nobody expects Kimbo or Alexander to compete for the title. But this fight should be quick, and end in spectacular fashion. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy the fireworks?

Dana knows what he's doing. It will be an entertaining fight. You put Kimbo against a guy like Cain Valasquez' date=' or even a decent wrestler or BJJ guy, Kimbo gets OWNED. Kimbo is a valuable comodity, and you can bet your last dollar that Dana is pulling for Kimbo to win this fight. Nobody expects Kimbo or Alexander to compete for the title. But this fight should be quick, and end in spectacular fashion. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy the fireworks?[/quote']

Amen!! A war of the tomato cans and I'd pay to watch it.

imo Kimbo has been learning alot of new techniques, is it so crazy to think that he might take it to the ground just to give it a try, now im not saying hes gonna try any technical submission , but maybe alittle ground and pound, he has to have gotten some sort of ground game training at ATT.

Archived