Strikeforce's WW division gaining on UFC's

RaWrBoOm

Not only do they have arguably one of the only men that can beat GSP, Jake Shields, they now have Dream WW champ Marius "The Whitemare" Zaromskis. Not only does Marius have possibly the greatist nickname in the sport, he is a complete terror. With his brutal kicks and impressive ground game, he ran through Dream's WW Grand Prix earlier this year.

He is added to a few other big name other WWs that Strikeforce has on it's roster.

Shields only moved up cos Nick Diaz was going for the welterweight Title. And Melendez another teammate is gunning for the Lightweight title against Josh Thompson. If that will ever happen.

yeah ... Diaz & Shields are tight, ... Diaz is getting a ton of mileage from his last 5 :

Smith

Shamrock

Denny

Corbbrey

Inoue

.................. this dude is slow w/ medium power, I guess DW dislikes his questionable habits ..

GSP would run through Jake sheilds...where are u guys getting these predictions from i have seen many of Shields fights and its always if he can stand up he will be fine but if he gets taken down he out of his element...and last time i checked GSP gets rediculously high precent of successfull takedowns. Lets also remember GSP is not a slouch on his feet either and twice the athlete that Shields is...So u guys are putting everything ona punches chance?(ala matt sera)

GSP would run through Jake sheilds...where are u guys getting these predictions from i have seen many of Shields fights and its always if he can stand up he will be fine but if he gets taken down he out of his element...and last time i checked GSP gets rediculously high precent of successfull takedowns. Lets also remember GSP is not a slouch on his feet either and twice the athlete that Shields is...So u guys are putting everything ona punches chance?(ala matt sera)

dude, you need to hit the books before you spout, Shields hasn't lost since 2004 (UD) ... before that, 2002 (MD) ... 12 wins in a row ...

No.

None of them could take GSP.

plus.. last I heard Jake Shields was moving up to MW.

Shields moved up in weight because Strikeforce has Lawler, Miller,Santiago, Lindland,Jacare, and maybe Henderson at MW. I already liked Shields, but the move up made me a bigger fan. He gets paid the same for either weight, so all he gets is more compelling fights. And it is risky, Jake could look real good just beating up top 20-30 WW's, instead he take's a chance on losing by fighting bigger, tougher and more highly ranked MW's. He is on a five year steak, "he finally gets his due making it onto the P4P rankings" Josh Gross SI GSP said Silva was to big. So he will fight the winner of Hardy vs Swick. I like Geores but I respect Jake a little more.

Not only do they have arguably one of the only men that can beat GSP' date=' Jake Shields, they now have Dream WW champ Marius "The Whitemare" Zaromskis. Not only does Marius have possibly the greatist nickname in the sport, he is a complete terror. With his brutal kicks and impressive ground game, he ran through Dream's WW Grand Prix earlier this year.

He is added to a few other big name other WWs that Strikeforce has on it's roster.[/quote']

lol at your thread, Strikeforce's welterweight division is nowhere near the UFC's, wow they have like 5 guys and the UFC has like 12 guys

Not only do they have arguably one of the only men that can beat GSP' date=' Jake Shields, they now have Dream WW champ Marius "The Whitemare" Zaromskis. Not only does Marius have possibly the greatist nickname in the sport, he is a complete terror. With his brutal kicks and impressive ground game, he ran through Dream's WW Grand Prix earlier this year.

He is added to a few other big name other WWs that Strikeforce has on it's roster.[/quote']

Marius looks is a BEAST and Shields hasn't lost in years but...

GSP is tops and until someone beats him UFC's WW division will be the real proving ground of the division.

The UFC has a near monopoly on #1's so if anyone wants to be a legitimate #1 they have no other choice than to come over. Thats bargaining power.

Ya he has an incredible record but there nobodies (except a few) GSP has had at least as many tough opponents as Jake' date=' if not better, ya he's lost twice, but Jake lost four times, think it would be fantastic though, GSP is better IMO[/quote']

Shields is on a 12 fight win streak, that includes 4 top ten, and 4 top 20-30 opponents. Mike Swick and Dan Hardy, one of whom will be GSP's next fight have 2 top 20-30 wins each and no top 10 wins. Shields was top ten BEFORE this 12 fight streak. Shields has the same number of top ten win as GSP, and he has more top 20-30 wins.

Shields is on a 12 fight win streak' date=' that includes 4 top ten, and 4 top 20-30 opponents. Mike Swick and Dan Hardy, one of whom will be GSP's next fight have 2 top 20-30 wins each and no top 10 wins. Shields was top ten BEFORE this 12 fight streak. Shields has the same number of top ten win as GSP, and he has more top 20-30 wins.[/quote']

Are we really trying to compare GSP with Shields?

lol.

Shields is on a 12 fight win streak' date=' that includes 4 top ten, and 4 top 20-30 opponents. Mike Swick and Dan Hardy, one of whom will be GSP's next fight have 2 top 20-30 wins each and no top 10 wins. Shields was top ten BEFORE this 12 fight streak. Shields has the same number of top ten win as GSP, and he has more top 20-30 wins.[/quote']

Nice post. Most GSP ****s, and fans in general, don't give Shields any respect. Easily one of the most underrated fighters in MMA right now. His resume is spectacular, and he's on a tear right now. No disrespect to GSP, whom although I dislike, regard as one of the best MMA fighters of all time. He's cleaned the UFC WW division with ease, which is no small feat. However Shields, and even Zaromskis could definitely beat GSP. Anyone who clearly denies this possibility is a hoser - the same folks who said Machida would 100% knockout Shogun in the first round.

Nice post. Most GSP ****s' date=' and fans in general, don't give Shields any respect. Easily one of the most underrated fighters in MMA right now. His resume is spectacular, and he's on a tear right now. No disrespect to GSP, whom although I dislike, regard as one of the best MMA fighters of all time. He's cleaned the UFC WW division with ease, which is no small feat. However Shields, and even Zaromskis could definitely beat GSP. Anyone who clearly denies this possibility is a hoser - the same folks who said Machida would 100% knockout Shogun in the first round.[/quote']

+2 .. good job

Archived