Brock's larnyx ride - will the rules change?

Edfray

After seeing him use it on Mir, it seems to me the rules must change. Think about what Brock might do next - why not crush-the-cartilage and get a tap that way?

There are other places the thumb can go, if you are classless enough to do it. There is a pressure point where jaw meets ear, and another at the temple. Heck, the rules as they now stand even permit Brock to find that missing horseshoe.

Let's change the rules now. Brock's Roman hands and Russian fingers have got to go. He can't help himself, so we must help him.

After seeing him use it on Mir' date=' it seems to me the rules must change. Think about what Brock might do next - why not [b']crush-the-cartilage[/b] and get a tap that way?

There are other places the thumb can go, if you are classless enough to do it. There is a pressure point where jaw meets ear, and another at the temple. Heck, the rules as they now stand even permit Brock to find that missing horseshoe.

Let's change the rules now. Brock's Roman hands and Russian fingers have got to go. He can't help himself, so we must help him.

I have no idea what you just wrote but i don't think I agre

After seeing him use it on Mir' date=' it seems to me the rules must change. Think about what Brock might do next - why not [b']crush-the-cartilage[/b] and get a tap that way?

Covered by the rules already

11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.

There are other places the thumb can go, if you are classless enough to do it. There is a pressure point where jaw meets ear, and another at the temple.

While annoying it won't end a fight is easy to defend and won't have much affect at all.

Heck, the rules as they now stand even permit Brock to find that missing horseshoe

Also covered by the rules already

7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent

Let's change the rules now.

No need to change the rules. Everything you posted is covered already. Also about the larnyx squeeze I thought Brock was awefully close to breaking that rule # 11 and at one point Mir even looked at the ref like "hmm that's alright for him to do" but he never complained about it at all so neither should you.

He didn't grab the trachea, he drove his thumb into it.

Mir's willingness to put up with it has nothing to do with how the rules should be applied, do they? Would Mir's willingness to let Brock find the horseshoe make it OK? How about the other issue; Will the game now include combatants getting thumb-happy will any available pressure point?

The rules are in place and it is up to the ref to make sure these rules are not broken. Maybe what Brock was doing was on the line of legal. But rules have been known to change, like in the earlier days there is no fish hooking, which wasn't in the rule book until Tank Abbott came along a did it. I have to say the horse shoe thing is hysterical.

lol'z there goes my hopes of seeing somebody utilize the dirty sanchez in a fight

what about removing a horseshoe from any oriface. is that alright?

Dirty Sanchez' date=' good one. I think you can [b']remove the horseshoe[/b], if it is partially sticking out to begin with.

If I understand StompGrind, a dirty sanchez is legal if the 'ink' is obtained from the horseshoe above, or obtained from your own private supply. Puking on your opponent is also welcome, and a good way to teach these technicians not to pull guard.

These ideas may seem funny but they are also within the rules until StompGrind says otherwise. Let's brainstorm some more.

No need to change the rules. Everything you posted is covered already. Also about the larnyx squeeze I thought Brock was awefully close to breaking that rule # 11 and at one point Mir even looked at the ref like "hmm that's alright for him to do" but he never complained about it at all so neither should you.

kimbo " beard lice" slice lmao

kudos

Dirty Sanchez' date=' good one. I think you can [b']remove the horseshoe[/b], if it is partially sticking out to begin with.

If I understand StompGrind, a dirty sanchez is legal if the 'ink' is obtained from the horseshoe above, or obtained from your own private supply. Puking on your opponent is also welcome, and a good way to teach these technicians not to pull guard.

These ideas may seem funny but they are also within the rules until StompGrind says otherwise. Let's brainstorm some more.

well you can't spit at an opponent but you can throw up all over them? whats the deal here. that ain't legal. if it was i sure wouldn't want to take a fight to the ground

what about pulling kimbo's beard? is that legit or dirty?? man i dont understand some of these rules. it should be perfectly legal to execute the dirty sanchez maneuver, the horse shoe removal, and a little bit of spitting here and there.

If buddy is busted up then hell, shove a finger in there and start digging until it looks like a goats virginia. if you can't win the fight by ko or submission, then why not just take it via doctor stoppage. that's what i would do. it sure beats leaving it in the hands of cecil peoples (at 61 years old, i pray he kicks the bucket. I swear the guy mustve got a thumb to the eye before the machida fight.)

A hand on the neck in order to control the opponents head movement is not illegal. That is what Lesner did to Mir. He wasn't choking' date=' crushing, grabbing, or otherwise harming the larynx.[/quote']

He was compressing Mir's larnyx with his thumb. Maybe next time he will collapse it.

I've heard of Fighters not bathing for long periods of time leading up to a fight' date=' the idea being that they will smell bad enough that their opponent won't want to grapple with them. I don't think anyone has ever won because of it though.[/quote']

Well... Matt Hughes WAS the most dominant Welterweight of all-time.. until his wife threatened to divorce him if he didn't shower!

(Was that in poor taste? lol)

Back on topic..

If you're gonna complain about what Brock did to Mir, then why aren't you complaining about what Wanderlei did to Jardine, or what Rampage did to Wanderlei?

Personally, I always thought that the rape choke was illegal. But, after seeing it a few times, I guess it's not. As long as they're not squeezing, it's all good.

I also thought it looked like brock was using an illegal choke, but I dont like either fighter so havent put much thought into it. actually I have. brock hit randy in, what I thought constituted the back of the head (behind the ear) but apparantly back of head is 180* away from the eyes and face..... or a strip straight up the neck.

as far as gouging cuts I think that is an awesome move and I have seen numerous fighters use that technique.

step 1 is cut the opponent.

then everytime you clinch or grapple you rub your laces across the cut. (a good reason to tape gloves)

not illegal because your not digging a finger in there, but a VERY common move used, just push and rub your forarm across the cut and hope to open it up a bit more to get the blood going.

Edfray Just so you know these are not my rules. They are the UFC's which I looked them up on the site here as anyone can do. Just wanted to clear that up.

I agreed with you already that Brock looked close to breaking rule #11 but IMO it was hard to tell and Frank didn't complain. I have the DVD of 100 and watched that fight multiple times and again I say it was too close to call. However Refs should certainly take note and be looking out for it not just with Brock but with all fighters because it can be pretty dangerous.

7. Putting a finger into any orifice ( this covers both you and your opponent )

So in theory at least a dirty sanchez would not be possible unless you ****e on yourself before the match I suppose you could do it but Im sure it wouldn't be allowed and if someone did it Im sure the rule would be ammended to include this if indeed it isn't already. It's kind of rediculous that anyone would try it though and it's not like it would be a fight ender. Highly disgusting though.

As for vomiting on an opponent again you'd have to be able to do that involuntarily ( sticking a finger down your throat to induce it ) Which again breaks rule #7 also it could also fall under 21. Spitting at an opponent. It's a foul.

BTW if you want to see the rules look no further and see what other rediculous things you can come up with but I still say everythings pretty much covered it's just up to the ref to enforce it.

Here's the rules

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

Have fun

Cheers

I've heard of Fighters not bathing for long periods of time leading up to a fight' date=' the idea being that they will smell bad enough that their opponent won't want to grapple with them. I don't think anyone has ever won because of it though.[/quote']

I think abbot must have done this, along with not training for long periods of time

Archived