Anderson silva?

FrankPig

I dont think Anderson can be that dominating in the LHW division beacuse it has way more talent than middleweight.

I bealieve guys like Shogun and Machida would be Silvas toughest test ever.Rampage could be dangerous for Anderson too. He would also probably had problems with strong wrestlers who can avoid submission like Rashad

there a chance vitor can catch him' date='anderson is gonna have to be carefull. i hope to god vitor knocks anderson out worse than lindland.[/quote']

Me too. Vitor has serios Ko power and is really quick. I wonder if Anderson will try to do that dance of thing with no block he usually does.

there a chance vitor can catch him' date='anderson is gonna have to be carefull. i hope to god vitor knocks anderson out worse than lindland.[/quote']

that chance is very slim since Anderson has never been hurt or rocked ever. and he has gone up against some people with some power as well. Belforts power is overrated, he generally just frustrates people with an overwhelming barrage of punches after punches. that wont work against Anderson. we even saw in the Lindland fight that one shot that initially dropped Lindland didnt do much as he was about to get back up, it was all of the follow up punches that put him away. Andersons power isnt much better though. he also relies on a few punches to put them away, but Andersons history in the UFC shows that he does have that "one-punch" that can make u give up (Irvin, Marquardt).

on the feet, Anderson has every advantage. he is WAY more accurate, more technical, just as fast, not to mention he has great footwork and head movement which Vitor does not. Vitors kicks are worthless. if u actually watch his fights, he is a very sloppy striker. he just overwhelms people at times and if u have watched his recent fights, u would see that he is a slow starter now. he is timid to get that first exchange.

on the ground.... Vitors bjj is about as good as Wandys. which is to say that he wont sub anyone that is decent on the ground, but he should be able to stay out of subs as well. not clear advantage for either one of these fighters on the ground since they are both stikers, however Anderson has the Nogs in his corners and they are beasts on the ground.

Vitor MIGHT have a slight edge in the wrestling area, but he is no wrestler. so even IF he is able to close the distance on Anderson and take him down, i HIGHLY doubt he will be able to keep him there. plus with Anderson u have to watch out for those long limbs of his for possible up kicks and triangles and such.

there really is not much of a chance for Vitor in this fight. i cant believe all the people buying into the hype. i dont see it in him yet. i would like to see Vitor fight a top 5 MW first and see what he can do. someone like Marquardt, Hendo, i wouldnt even mind if Mousasi dropped back down and fought him, but Mousasi in the UFC is a long time away. Vitor KOs Martin and people act as though they didnt expect that to happen. then he KOs Lindland. Lindland USED to be a top MW, at that time he was not though, not imo. not to mention that Lindland is aging. dude was 38 when he fought Vitor and as Liddell has shown us, not everyone is Couture.

Vitor has a chance as every fighter in any fight does, but not a great one. Anderson will TKO him before the end of the 2nd imo.

Shogun may have beaten Machida but he doesn't have what it takes to beat Anderson Silva..... Plain and simple ya dig

he has what it takes to beat Anderson...Shogun isn't gonna get Rich Franklin'd by Silva...Shogun is talented enough to beat Anderson...should make a great fight

Shogon ain as good as he's made out to be i think. Anderson would outclass him.

Shogun wont get outclassed by anyone...I still think Pride Shogun is the best and as long as he is injury-free he's not getting outclassed...u have to try and watch his fights other than his injury-riddled UFC career...he is no joke

No one is unbeatable not even fedor or silva. Will see silva tested when he fights a sound wrestler. Everybody thought machida to be unbeatable enough said!

he fought Marquardt who is a solid wrestler and a very solid bjj guy as well. Silva put him away. we saw Silva fight Hendo.... and there is the question lol. Hendo brought the fight to him in the first round, however Hendo was unable to do anything once he was there. he kept "busy" throwing tiny lil slow hammer fists and constantly covering his mouth annnnnnd Silva put him away.

the person with the best chance in the UFC of beating Silva imo is Maia, but obviously Maia isnt ready yet. Maia has the ability to get inside, take him down, and submit him. Maias striking is horrible and his striking defense is just as bad.

i would like to see the UFC pick up Jacare, but Jacare is currently in the works to fight Lindland at an upcoming Strikeforce event. Jacare could definitely give Anderson some fits.

I don't think A. Silva will dominate the LHW class the way he dominated the MW. I think he will be a force, but to think he can run through the competition the same way is just crazy. He will be competing with some pretty massive fighters. Both in size and experience, the LHW division is far more stacked than the MW division IMO. But again, I think he'll do very very well with the LHWs.

he fought Marquardt who is a solid wrestler and a very solid bjj guy as well. Silva put him away. we saw Silva fight Hendo.... and there is the question lol. Hendo brought the fight to him in the first round' date=' however Hendo was unable to do anything once he was there. he kept "busy" throwing tiny lil slow hammer fists and constantly covering his mouth annnnnnd Silva put him away.

[b']the person with the best chance in the UFC of beating Silva imo is Maia, but obviously Maia isnt ready yet. Maia has the ability to get inside, take him down, and submit him. Maias striking is horrible and his striking defense is just as bad. [/b]

i would like to see the UFC pick up Jacare, but Jacare is currently in the works to fight Lindland at an upcoming Strikeforce event. Jacare could definitely give Anderson some fits.

so according to you Maia's striking is horrible yet he is the biggest threat to Silva in the UFC? Maia will get KO'd by Silva each time...Maia does not have enough on the feet to make it to the ground (except by KO)

imo this UFC LHW belt is going back and forth between Machida and Shogun...and I think either of those two can make a good bout with Silva...

those three are way too familiar with each others games and are too talented to just get outclassed by each other

Maia just needs enough striking defense and offense to get a hold of Anderson. if u dont know, Maia actually is (aside from what Rogan says)... he actually is one of the best BJJ practitioners in the world. the only real chance for anyone to beat Anderson is to either submit him or hold him down and get a decision win. as far as finishing goes... subbing him, Maia has the best chance to do so.

as for Anderson in the LHW division. the only people that could give him problems are Shogun and Machida. he will NEVER fight Machida, so no need to worry about that one. Rampage could also give him problems... but i think Anderson would find a way to take him apart. probably via knees, we know how much Rampage likes to chow down on some knees.

so Shogun definitely poses the biggest test for Anderson and Machida. i doubt we will see Anderson fight Shogun either since Shogun is really the only person that can frustrate Machida in the LHW division currently. so the UFC has to leave their only real contender.

Anderson Silva will dominate whatever weight class he wants to. He's the best fighter in the sport right now and nobody is even a close second.

Really dude? You can't be serious. I mean, you're not even saying he'll dominate the LHW, you're including the HW. Do you really think he can fight the monsters in the HW division? I know there are some people around here that do, but thats just silly. Guys are cutting weight to make 265, and you think A. Silva could compete with that. I love Anderson, he's amazing. Certainly one of the greatest strikers and most dominate forces the sport has ever seen, but he's not superman.

Anderson Silva will dominate whatever weight class he wants to. He's the best fighter in the sport right now and nobody is even a close second.

as far as an ALL ROUNDED fighter goes, Anderson is not #1. he can obviously be a tough fight for anyone, but straight up skill for skill in being well rounded, he isnt number one due to his obvious lack of wrestling skills. his bjj is good, but it is nothing fancy either.

GSP is the best all rounded MMA fighter in the world. he has the best wrestling in mma. very solid bjj, and his striking is great as well. not to mention his conditioning and cardio are outstanding.

however, dont get this confused. i too think GSP would lose to Anderson, but skill for skill he has more sharpened tools to work with.

But the real question is, Does Anderson even whant to fight anymore? I think in LHW he would do very well but.. He will never be the champ as thats his buddys division. So if Machida lost to Shogun then he could never fight him for the title because then how would Machida ever get another shot at the title. We all saw how he asked for the title shot the first time so in my mind it won't happen. Anderson could beat most everyone in LHW though. I could see him get used for super fight style matches where he fights big names if he decides to move on from MW.

Sadly I am not 100% sure if he is going to fight Belfort, I can see him vacating the title and moving to LHW just so he does not have to fight him. I know it sounds like I am saying he is scared of him but thats not what I mean I just think he is getting beyond him self and is very picky of who he thinks desirves to fight him, and to me that is wrong. A professional fighter should fight who he is told not who he figures he wants to fight.

Good or great LHW I think he can be but we will have to see.

as far as an ALL ROUNDED fighter goes' date=' Anderson is not #1. he can obviously be a tough fight for anyone, but straight up skill for skill in being well rounded, he isnt number one due to his obvious lack of wrestling skills. [b']his bjj is good, but it is nothing fancy either. [/b]

GSP is the best all rounded MMA fighter in the world. he has the best wrestling in mma. very solid bjj, and his striking is great as well. not to mention his conditioning and cardio are outstanding.

however, dont get this confused. i too think GSP would lose to Anderson, but skill for skill he has more sharpened tools to work with.

Are you kidding me? Anderson Silva's BJJ is world class, we just don't get to see it very often because he tends to knock his opponents out. And he seems to have done pretty well without having to rely on the fascinating and exciting style of LnP wrestling.

Maia just needs enough striking defense and offense to get a hold of Anderson. if u dont know' date=' Maia actually is (aside from what Rogan says)... he actually is one of the best BJJ practitioners in the world. the only real chance for anyone to beat Anderson is to either submit him or hold him down and get a decision win. as far as finishing goes... subbing him, Maia has the best chance to do so.[/quote']

i agree Maia has the possibly the best BJJ in the world...but its not a BJJ competition...and Silva isn't gonna get submitted immediately he trains with the Nog brothers...Silva's BJJ is more than enough to defend himself...Maia can fall in line behind either Lutter and Leites...no way Maia gets a submission with the power in Silva's blows raining on him...

you say Maia just needs enough striking to get a hold of Anderson? thats a ridiculous statement because Maia didn't even have enough striking to last 30 secs with Marquardt...that's how far Maia is from the level of striking he needs...

as for Anderson in the LHW division. the only people that could give him problems are Shogun and Machida. he will NEVER fight Machida' date=' so no need to worry about that one. Rampage could also give him problems... but i think Anderson would find a way to take him apart. probably via knees, we know how much Rampage likes to chow down on some knees.

so [b']Shogun definitely poses the biggest test for Anderson and Machida[/b]. i doubt we will see Anderson fight Shogun either since Shogun is really the only person that can frustrate Machida in the LHW division currently. so the UFC has to leave their only real contender.

i agree...i think this LHW belt rotates between Shogun/Machida...i think those two, at the moment, are far and away above the rest of LHW...im not including Anderson because I think he is only taking LHW super-fights not title-driven bouts...

i never believed that machida was as good as everyone thought he was and have said as much on a couple of occasions,but i really do think that silva has too much power and skill for almost anyone out there at the moment.

im sure there is someone out there who can beat him there always is but im buggered if i know who.

Are you kidding me? Anderson Silva's BJJ is world class' date=' we just don't get to see it very often because he tends to knock his opponents out. And he seems to have done pretty well without having to rely on the fascinating and exciting style of LnP wrestling.[/quote']

his BJJ is NOT world class. what makes u think that? Joe Rogan? get outta here. he has NO credentials to his BJJ. and aside from that he rarely ever submits people, but 2 out of his 4 losses are by submission. the only thing he can say about it is that he is a black belt under the Nogs. big deal. the Nogs arent the best either. very good, but not the best. he has been submitted by Takase and Chonan for crying out loud. neither of which are fantastic jujitsu players.

i agree Maia has the possibly the best BJJ in the world...but its not a BJJ competition...and Silva isn't gonna get submitted immediately he trains with the Nog brothers...Silva's BJJ is more than enough to defend himself...Maia can fall in line behind either Lutter and Leites...no way Maia gets a submission with the power in Silva's blows raining on him...

you say Maia just needs enough striking to get a hold of Anderson? thats a ridiculous statement because Maia didn't even have enough striking to last 30 secs with Marquardt...that's how far Maia is from the level of striking he needs...

that much was obvious. i already mentioned that A) he isnt ready B) he lost to Marquardt and C) his striking offense and defense is a huge part of that.

but once he develops some striking ability, he will be able to frustrate anyone.

his BJJ is NOT world class. what makes u think that? Joe Rogan? get outta here. he has NO credentials to his BJJ. and aside from that he rarely ever submits people' date=' but 2 out of his 4 losses are by submission. the only thing he can say about it is that he is a black belt under the Nogs. big deal. the Nogs arent the best either. very good, but not the best. he has been submitted by Takase and Chonan for crying out loud. neither of which are fantastic jujitsu players.

that much was obvious. i already mentioned that A) he isnt ready B) he lost to Marquardt and C) his striking offense and defense is a huge part of that.

[b']but once he develops some striking ability[/b], he will be able to frustrate anyone.

easier said than done...Matt Hammil is on that same quest for knowledge...maybe Maia should train with Delagrotte...KenFlo is nice with the hands now

easier said than done...Matt Hammil is on that same quest for knowledge...maybe Maia should train with Delagrotte...KenFlo is nice with the hands now

Delagrotte parted ways with Kenflo now, but yes. that would be good. or even Freddie Roach. Wandy is not the person he should be learning striking from.

Hamill is terrible imo, i wouldnt mind it if he was cut at all. he is the SAME fighter now then he was 3 years ago. its sad. he hasnt really improved in any area and his cardio and conditioning dont seem to be getting better either.

Delagrotte parted ways with Kenflo now' date=' but yes. that would be good. or even Freddie Roach. Wandy is not the person he should be learning striking from.

Hamill is terrible imo, i wouldnt mind it if he was cut at all. he is the SAME fighter now then he was 3 years ago. its sad. he hasnt really improved in any area and his cardio and conditioning dont seem to be getting better either.[/quote']

tru, but no doubt his impact on KenFlo's game...Kenny needs some strength training imo...well at least Wandy striking will give you the chance for Fight/KO of the night each time lol

Archived