Are you as sick of Mike Goldberg as I am?

Edfray

It's good to have a technical guy and an enthusiastic stats guy doing the commentary. But why must Goldberg do all that shouting when the match ends suddenly? He always shouts the same obvious things and repeats himself;

IT'S ALL OVER! IT'S ALL OVER! SO-AND-SO HAS DEFEATED SO-AND-SO!

I'm not deaf and I'm not blind. Yes, the celebrating guy has defeated the unconscious guy. Yes it's all over. Yes, it's all over.

Watch Ultimate Knockouts I and you can hear Mike 'evolve' a longer and louder shout, match by match. Do it, it's almost fun.

I would rather be hearing Rogan's informed and spontaneous reactions than this same-old-shout-out.

I think people should stop whining about the commentary...its fine the way it is. ITS ALL OVER ITS ALL OVER is trademark goldberg. Should Bruce Buffer announce the fighters differently??? I mean he does the same thing every fight...Should they switch up the tale of the tape because its had the same music in the background for how long?? NO..please stop complaining...It amazes me how there are not even fights on and people still find something to complain and cry about. God.

It's good to have a technical guy and an enthusiastic stats guy doing the commentary. But why must Goldberg do all that shouting when the match ends suddenly? He always shouts the same obvious things and repeats himself;

IT'S ALL OVER! IT'S ALL OVER! SO-AND-SO HAS DEFEATED SO-AND-SO!

I'm not deaf and I'm not blind. Yes' date=' the celebrating guy has defeated the unconscious guy. Yes it's all over. Yes, it's all over.

Watch Ultimate Knockouts I and you can hear Mike 'evolve' a longer and louder shout, match by match. Do it, it's almost fun.

I would rather be hearing Rogan's informed and spontaneous reactions than this [b']same-old-shout-out[/b].

I think Goldberg is great, if for nothing less than comic relief. He makes a great sidekick to Rogan. They are an awesome team, and good friends outside the UFC. Go together like a horse and carriage. They are one of my favourite parts of the UFC, aside from the fighters. Love Goldie, love Joe. Don't underestimate Goldies knowledge either. I think his lips get ahead of his brain sometimes, but he's human. Goldie rolls and trains himself and I've got a lot of respect for him.

I don't have the volume on for any kind of sporting event' date=' especially fighting. The crowd and the commentators are probably the worst thing you can listen to.[/quote']

Damn dude you complain more than a woman. I've seen you on other threads trying to justify why Machida lost. You and Plyhard have got to be the same person

this is the most retarded complaint ever. HE'S A FREAKIN COMMENTATOR! I mean i can understand complaining about him messing up, which he has been improving on, but wtf. It's his job. god what is wrong with people, no common sense on these forums. Im thinking people starting these threads are trying to be like the guys who actually have valid complaints.

Machida doesn;t have a loss.

Rua's got four of them.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Shogun has fought WAY tougher competition. Hope this clears things up for you.

Of Machida's 16 wins, only 6 were against good competition. Rua, Evans, Silva, Ortiz, Sokoudjou and Franklin. Please don't count BJ Penn, cause Penn fought at 190, and Machida was at 221. And if that fight was a SD for Penn, it wouldn't have surprised anyone. Machida barely beat a natural LW. Laughable.

Shogun, on the contrary has wins over Alistair Overeem x 2, Rampage, Liddell, Arona, Little Nog, Coleman, Randleman, and Gono. Not to mention that Shogun has 15 knockouts in 18 wins.

Machida has 9 decisions in his 16 fights. Lame. Obviously he has a hard time finishing fights, which shows how overhyped he really is.

im sorry but thats a very retarded complaint joe rogan and mike goldberg is one of the best parts of the ufc i love their comments and the way mike talks.i would never change them in fact if someday somebody else replaces either one of them i would be very said.and as for the ITS ALL OVER thing, i ESPECİALLY love that part, every sport has its own thing in itself and i think this is what makes the whole thing feel more intense and real.Each time i watch a ufc show and see the usual stuff i feel more accustomed to it

One: This complaint is hopeless. If Dana White has shown one thing it is loyalty to the guys that helped build his empire. As long as Rogan and Goldberg don't start raping children on tv, they are going nowhere.

Two: You think these two are bad? Listen to a Dream boradcast with Michael Schiavello (or whatever his name is). He must be the most annoyingly overhyped retard-commentator I have ever seen. Guy Metzger as his sidekick is ok, but he ruins everything. The guy need to get hit by a bus.

I like Goldie, because every now and then he would say something technically incorrect or refer to a past bout incorrectly, and Rogan would quickly correct him and Goldie would respond "well, ya, your right Joe".

Rampage KOs Silva:

Goldie: "The same left hook that knocked out Chuck Liddell !!!"

Rogan: "Actually it was a right hook that knocked out Liddell"

Go Goldie.

Goldberg and Rogan are a great team. And as someone has previously stated, it is his trademark. It's Buffers trademark to say 'We are LIVE', 'introducing first', etc. It's called a show. That is how shows work. This is why the UFC is number one for MMA.

Quit whining. Turn the volume off and make your own commentary if you think it will soothe your pansiness.

I like Rogan and I like Goldie, the UFC has a hugely successful formula and I don't see them messing with it. However, I also really enjoy when they have guest commentators like Couture or Florian, I think they do a great job and bring an interesting perspective to the fights.

The bottom line is that they could have a chimp in tuxedo commentate the fights and probably I'd still watch :)

Archived