Floyd mayweather loses temper after radio host calls him out

Bruiserxx

As ****y, uninformed and flat out stupid as Floyd generally is, his comment about the sport "dying" when he leaves is actually not that far from the truth.

Manny and Floyd are pretty much the only guys holding boxing together as a sport. It's a sad day for sure, especially for us folks who were huge boxing fans before MMA hit the mainstream.

The sport' date=' if it's not dead yet, isn't using Floyd as life support... It's definitely on the shoulders of Pacquiao now. People love the guy, they love how he fights, they love his willingness to compete (unlike Mayweather). I'd say he is more important to the sport at this point[/quote']

Definitely agreed. The remaining fans of the sport, are all sitting on the shoulders of Manny. Nobody in their right mind likes Mayweather, but unfortunately, he is a boxing master. We need his skill as much as we need Manny's heart (not saying Manny doesn't have near equal skill to Floyd either)

Definitely agreed. The remaining fans of the sport' date=' are all sitting on the shoulders of Manny. Nobody in their right mind likes Mayweather, but unfortunately, he is a boxing master. We need his skill as much as we need Manny's heart (not saying Manny doesn't have near equal skill to Floyd either)[/quote']

I agree wholeheartedly! I also agree with the DJ doing the interview, we'll never know how great Floyd is because he won't take the big challengers. He brings up a great point in saying "Ali was the best because he had challengers and stepped up and met them!" He brings up a guy nobody has ever heard of who was 49-0 and says 'is he better than Ali because his record is better?'

Floyd doesn't have a good rival and wouldn't take the tough fight if he had one. This keeps everyone from finding out how great he truly could be. He's too worried about a check... Damn shame.

For him to call out the fighters who actually do take tough fights (Margarito, Cotto, Mosely, Pacquiao) because they have losses on their records is ridiculous! They have losses because they fight good competition when it's placed in front of them, not tomato can and tomato can (to a dance, counterpunch, and decision win)

floyd mayweather gets piss*d as the radio host and floyd go at it. acccusing him of fighting guys in weight classes below him and being afraid to fight other fighters....

part 1

part 2

wow the egotistical **** got owned. and Floyd isn't keeping boxing alive he is one of the people that is poisoning the sport. Just like Don King did. If boxers wanted to know what killed their sport its people like that.

I agree wholeheartedly! I also agree with the DJ doing the interview' date=' we'll never know how great Floyd is because he won't take the big challengers. He brings up a great point in saying "Ali was the best because he had challengers and stepped up and met them!" He brings up a guy nobody has ever heard of who was 49-0 and says 'is he better than Ali because his record is better?'

Floyd doesn't have a good rival and wouldn't take the tough fight if he had one. This keeps everyone from finding out how great he truly could be. He's too worried about a check... Damn shame.

For him to call out the fighters who actually do take tough fights (Margarito, Cotto, Mosely, Pacquiao) because they have losses on their records is ridiculous! They have losses because they fight good competition when it's placed in front of them, not tomato can and tomato can (to a dance, counterpunch, and decision win)[/quote']

Good calls. Floyd is truly blind. It's clear to see that he's more concerned about having a zero in the loss column, than having respectable competition in the win column. It's a shame too, because in all honesty, from a P4P perspective, I see Floyd as the most talented, technically gifter fighter in the history of boxing. If only he had parlayed this talent into epic wins, and a closed mouth, we might actually like Floyd.

Boxing's made a good move with this super six tournament they're doing though' date=' it's maintaining the interest of the fans as long as they keep on with this type of thing the sport will go on.[/quote']

Agreed that this format was a great idea to keep boxing alive for a few more years. Unfortunately, I don't think it will hold enough weight long-term to keep fans around.

Good calls. Floyd is truly blind. It's clear to see that he's more concerned about having a zero in the loss column' date=' than having respectable competition in the win column. It's a shame too, because in all honesty, from a P4P perspective, I see Floyd as the most talented, technically gifter fighter in the history of boxing. If only he had parlayed this talent into epic wins, and a closed mouth, we might actually like Floyd.[/quote']

Honestly the only reason he still has a 0 in the loss column is because of his unwillingness to fight the top flight competition. Randy Couture would be 26-1, or maybe 24-3 if he took the same route, feeding his record of the middle rung of the division and occasionally take a higher seed that his camp hand picks knowing he has the physical advantage.

Honestly the only reason he still has a 0 in the loss column is because of his unwillingness to fight the top flight competition. Randy Couture would be 26-1' date=' or maybe 24-3 if he took the same route, feeding his record of the middle rung of the division and occasionally take a higher seed that his camp hand picks knowing he has the physical advantage.[/quote']

lol Yh i feel sorry for shane mosley hes bin wanting this fight for a while

Watching Mosley get ruined by Vernon Forrest years back was tragic. Love Mosley. Would love to see him pound on Floyd but I think Floyd is way too fast for him at this point of his career.

True i dont see any one beating floyd anyway apart from pacman but i would still put money on floyd to beat him

Honestly the only reason he still has a 0 in the loss column is because of his unwillingness to fight the top flight competition. Randy Couture would be 26-1' date=' or maybe 24-3 if he took the same route, feeding his record of the middle rung of the division and occasionally take a higher seed that his camp hand picks knowing he has the physical advantage.[/quote']

Nobody would argue those points Kev. Floyd has definitely not made a habit of going after top competition. He's more concerned with padding his record because he believes that an undefeated record will place him alongside Marciano - which couldn't be further from the truth. Floyd doesn't quite realize yet that his name will never be mentioned alongside the likes of Marciano except for annecdotal commentary.

As a fan of boxing for 22 years, I gotta say Floyd is, in my opinion, the most technically gifted P4P fighter in the history of the sport. I know that's huge acclaim, but I've never seen anyone fight with that kind of control, speed, or accuracy. He is a textbook definition of boxing as a science. Even with that praise though, I'm also well aware that the best can easily lose, and certainly a man with the drive and heart of Pacquiao can be the one to do it.

I'd never rule out Sugar' date=' at any point in his career. But I don't think he'd handle Floyd's speed and accuracy. I would sh*t my pants for this fight, let me tell ya.[/quote']

So would I friend, so would I. This brings me back to my original statement that boxing lost its public relativity when Tyson went down, and Lewis retired. Like it or not people wanna see big guys hitting each other.

Besides that I think that boxing as a whole would benefit greatly from bring Iron Mike on as a color commentator or Boxing personality. After watching the last few years of his life unfold and watching documentaries/ public appearances he's made, his knowledge of the sport is unparalleled. Plus he would add life to a rather lack luster part of watching boxing aside from Teddy Atlas.

So would I friend' date=' so would I. This brings me back to my original statement that boxing lost its public relativity when Tyson went down, and Lewis retired. Like it or not people wanna see big guys hitting each other.

Besides that I think that boxing as a whole would benefit greatly from bring Iron Mike on as a color commentator or Boxing personality. After watching the last few years of his life unfold and watching documentaries/ public appearances he's made, his knowledge of the sport is unparalleled. Plus he would add life to a rather lack luster part of watching boxing aside from Teddy Atlas.[/quote']

Was blown away by the recent documentary Tyson. You can see the potential for a very intelligent person behind that battered mask.

To add to the Tyson, Lewis point, we had Roy Jones Jr also falling out in the same era. His decline was quick and harsh. Compound the recent loss of Gatti, the fan favourites are all but gone. Heavyweight is a joke, with the Klitschko domination, and no real competition for the last 4 years. It's a rough time for boxing, and ultimately, it's Floyd and Manny that appear to be playing Atlas in a dying sport.

Good calls. Floyd is truly blind. It's clear to see that he's more concerned about having a zero in the loss column' date=' than having respectable competition in the win column. It's a shame too, because in all honesty, from a P4P perspective, I see Floyd as the most talented, technically gifter fighter in the history of boxing. If only he had parlayed this talent into epic wins, and a closed mouth, we might actually like Floyd.[/quote']

I think RJJ was a more talented fighter than Floyd. The big difference is Floyd's superior basic and fundamental skills enabled him to last longer in the fight game as compared to RJJ who relied mostly on his physical gifts which, when age caught up with him, deteriorated and so did his game.

Archived