Cain Valesquez VS Junior Dos Santos

shefs

That would be a good fight but Dos Santos vs Gonzaga is scheduled for UFC108 I believe.

This.

I can't stand Cain. He has to try and ground and pound everyone asap. Not entertaining. Ben Rothwell wasn't even given a fair chance. I hope Cain is knocked out' date=' and I don't care who does it.[/quote']

Dos Santos would most certainly put him to sleep.

I can't stand Cain. He has to try and ground and pound everyone asap. Not entertaining. Ben Rothwell wasn't even given a fair chance. I hope Cain is knocked out' date=' and I don't care who does it.[/quote']

cain is like a bigger version of gsp, well not really, maybe if he had much much better striking and a bb in bjj. but he takes guys down at will and he is very active with his gnp, there is no lay n pray with cain. rothwell had a chance, he just wasnt on cains level. cain could end up being a very good fighter some day, but once he fights someone with takedown defense and good standup he is getting knocked out.

oh yeah tuf127 dos santos if he could keep it on the feet would ko him easily, big difference in the two fighters standup.

Cain won't fight Dos Santos. at least not yet(maybe in a couple of years) UFC is trying to built him up as a great fighter so they can sell him to the hispanic market and bring MMA into mexico.

My guess is his next fight will be like his last two fights. Someone with a bit of a name but no wrestling and no takedown defense.

This is MMA not just standup striking. Cains ground and pound is better than most ive seen, and not just from full mount either. Ben Rothwell was given a fair chance, he just got out-classed. If he cant fight on the ground then he will get beat.

how come everybody gets annoyed when there are people that are mainly wrestling and use that to win but when they're mainly striking or even JJ they dot really care

personal preference. i do like standup or submissions, they are the most exciting aspects to martial arts for me. but my favorite fighter is gsp, so i also really like watching wrestling as well. so i think it is really just a matter of preference.

sorry to say but in my opinion no one can beat cain velasquez right now because he has talent and skills like gsp. the only man that can beat and Ko cain is brock. cain vs dos santos im sure cain will won because he can easily put on the ground dos santos like what he did againts kongo. cain deserve a title shot againts brock but suddenly brock has a lil beat trouble force him not to fight in ufc106.

... great match-up that would answer some questions like dos Santos on the ground, & can Cain take heavy shots ? I might lean toward Cigano here because Cain's stand-up defense does not look too swift, Cains defense is offense & he will just shoot if he feels he can't trade effectively .

Archived