lyotos incredible striking percentage numbers

MountAndDo

One fight is barely gonna dent those numbers.

typically one fight wouldn't do much but he probably got hit more in this one fight than his entire UFC carer...i'm sure he still has incredible striking numbers though

this fight serves as an outlier in his UFC career and outlier values typically skew averages...thats why you take medians instead of means :cool:

He didn't come into the fight with a broken hand' date=' and shogun came into the fight recovering from injuries and with ring rust.[/quote']

The broken hand was during the fight but there were more than just one think wrong with his hand. He should have had surgery before the fight but he didn't want to delay it. He still says that he was at 100% for the fight though so I don't think it would have changed anything.

because the issue isn't "what value does Machida have as a fighter?" The only issue anyone argues is "did he win the fight?" If you argue he lost the fight because he had a broken hand, then you agree he lost the fight. Nobody argued that when Shogun was submitted he actually won! Therefor there is no connection between Shogun's surgeries and Machida's broken hands except that they are both insane for fighting injured.

Seriously... does anyone else feel like less a man? I would retire from fighting the second my ear started to bump out. Broken hands? Forget that. I can inflate my own ego. What I can't do is tolerate physical pain.

because the issue isn't "what value does Machida have as a fighter?" The only issue anyone argues is "did he win the fight?" If you argue he lost the fight because he had a broken hand' date=' then you agree he lost the fight. Nobody argued that when Shogun was submitted he actually won! Therefor there is no connection between Shogun's surgeries and Machida's broken hands except that they are both insane for fighting injured.

Seriously... does anyone else feel like less a man? I would retire from fighting the second my ear started to bump out. Broken hands? [b']Forget that. I can inflate my own ego. What I can't do is tolerate physical pain[/b].

Pain is weekness leaving the body!

I'd guess his gets hit% has gone up and his takedown defence% may now be even better than GSP's..but who really cares about the stats - this is about who is the best in the world at 205...

With Machida having fixed hands and Rua having another 6 months to train an April rematch is going to be awesome...

I'd guess his gets hit% has gone up and his takedown defence% may now be even better than GSP's..but who really cares about the stats - this is about who is the best in the world at 205...

With Machida having fixed hands and Rua having another 6 months to train an April rematch is going to be awesome...

his # of times hit per sound has to be around 4-5 average now, I dont see his TD defence increasing too much Maybe 1-5% he only stuffed like 4 takedowns. his % of strikes landed I dont see changing either way.

yeah, i almost gave up when "machida won!" "no shogun won!" started, but since mods said it first, i'll still go ahead and ask DOES ANYONE HAVE THE NUMBERS? have they changed? who is number 1 now? i heard he caught like 1 clean strike per round and 1/2 or something crazy like that. i just want to know what site has the updated numbers or if anyone knows them.

Archived