To people who think Lesnar has no skill:

cooper9934

As someone who wrestles and practices Jujitsu it really bugs me when people say Lesnar has no skill and he is just big.

There are so many little things that happen and people don't see them. This video explains those little things that most people miss.

Lesnar has skill its just very little atm. He won his championship with his wrestling ability and size. when he has proved him self as a MMA fighter he will last a long time due to his size and speed. But no in compairison to many other fighters he is very one dimentional. And yes his size does make up for what he lacks in standup and Jits.

As someone who wrestles and practices Jujitsu it really bugs me when people say Lesnar has no skill and he is just big.

There are so many little things that happen and people don't see them. This video explains those little things that most people miss.

Lesnar is actually a good wrestler with quick lunchboxes for fists. People who say he has no skill at all are ignorant.

But his size certainly does help alot.

while i agree that lesnar's win over mir was not luck, i must point out that if the fight remained on its feet, he would have lost, evidence of this is in the post fight interview with brock when he says the 1 knee mir lands at the beginining of the second round rocks him. Also had lesnar not been so massive, Mir or anyone for that fact could submit him, he has 1 thing going for him, the ability to take poeople down and since he's huge that gives him the ability to not allow people back up. If he comes out against Carwin and bangs, doesn't try to GnP a victory, then I'll finally respect him, (oh ya, he has to lose all the wwe antics also). I like, and respect fighters who are good, I like a lot of fighters and dislike few, I like them based on skill and atitiude towards other regarding the sport, brock is a terrible image on the sport. I'd like him way more if he were humble like gsp and what not.

throat grab, yeah, he definitely used that

but for the most part, all he did was wrap his arm around mir's neck, laid on his chest preventing him from moving, and punched. Was it a good move? Yeah, it was pretty damn smart and worked out well.

Does that make him the ground genius you're trying to make him out to be? No.

As someone that wrestled in High School and has currently been training MMA for four years I can see that lesnar has immense skill in wrestling. But in stand up Lesnar looks as if its his first day out of the womb. Not using the right angles or technique. In ju jitsu he hasnt even shown one atempt in any of his fights. Brock Lesnar is a one dimensional fighter. He takes you down sits on top holds you down with his weight and size and suffocates you. Example Frank mir. I cant wait to see him go up againt someone who can stuff him and knock him in the mouth more than once. But i do not want to bash Brock Lesnar. If he improves his stand up and ju jitsu I could see Brock destroying the heavy weight division for years and years.

i dont care what anyone says brock lesnar is good at what he does and everyone knows that. so get over it.

Funny people debate then some (mod edit) gets in and takes offence to a debate. Nothing was said in a bad way about Brock but you have to throw the get over it line in haha. So my question is to you. (mod edit)

i think lesnar has skill as a wrestler and wrestling definitely has it's place in mma. Brock is one hell of an athlete...he is just a ****y jerkoff. i do believe that if he had the guts to stand and trade there are a bunch of fighters who could knock him out. it's what he needs if he wants to become a real mma fighter and be respected

i think lesnar has skill as a wrestler and wrestling definitely has it's place in mma. Brock is one hell of an athlete...he is just a ****y jerkoff. i do believe that if he had the guts to stand and trade there are a bunch of fighters who could knock him out. it's what he needs if he wants to become a real mma fighter and be respected

it's what he needs if he wants to become a real mma fighter?

he is more of an mma fighter then all of us..so gsp is not respected becaus he dont want to bang? and Maia is he not respected..if you just open your eyes you will se so many one dimensional fighters that will use there best skill to win the fight....Royce Gracie did not bang in the octagon and thats why no one remember him =)

So your saying a fighter who fights to his strengths will never be a respected fighter? C'mon lets me fair.. Why would brock or anybody for that matter not fight to there strengths? Your there to win in whatever way you can.

So your saying a fighter who fights to his strengths will never be a respected fighter? C'mon lets me fair.. Why would brock or anybody for that matter not fight to there strengths? Your there to win in whatever way you can.

+2

Cain V. is more 1 dimensional than Lesnar. Brock has hurt people with his fists. Cain is 100% 1 dimensional.

i dont care what anyone says brock lesnar is good at what he does and everyone knows that. so get over it.

Your a ****ing idiot if u believe that, Brock is a solid wrestler and 265+, Thats all he is, every fight he has had he out weighed his opponents by to much to not make a difference. He doesint deserve Coutures title when he outweighed him by 45 pounds, Carwin will put his ***** **** in place, You can tell already Brock already pussied out

Brock is not extremely well-rounded but he is a serious fighter. He's improving all the time. I'd really like to see him take Carwin's arm home in a submission arm bar. That would shock most of the MMA fans who think Brock isn't improving.

Realistically though Brock is unlikely to even attempt a submission. His bread and butter is ground and pound, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Lesnar has not skill and is just big.

Well I'm going to shine some light on the situation here to possibly help stop this from ever being brought up again.

People who say Brock has no skill for the most part understand he has some skill. Hes obviously talented in wrestling.

But heres the point with all of us who cant stand the guy. HE DID NOT, I repeat DID NOT beat Frank Mir because he was more talented. He beat Frank and I would say all his opponents in the UFC because of his SIZE.

I love MMA because it to me is art work. A very high level of art. All martial arts are beautful and to watch these fighters display them is awesome. For the most part there has always been some sort of maturity in watching MMA. The way Brpock acted after his win took a huge chunk outta that. Regardless of his apology the DMG was done.

Watching these fighters use their ART to overcome adversity is why MMA is so intriguing and captivating to watch. Now Brock aint over coming adversity. HE IS HUGE. GIGANTIC. CRAZY BIG. And moves like a cat. He is freakishly big and agile. He is blessed no doubt. And these blessings in my opinion will never lose a fight. I honestly believe no one can beat this guy. He is THAT big.

So now yes Brock understands wrestling but that is not why he wins.

I can understand someone thinking Carwin might have a shot. With his size and power he should a shot against anyone.

But Gonzaga and Nog are guys that have lost decisively to guys Lesnar has beaten decisively.

So whats up with that?

How come Lesnar gets zero credit for it?

Because until he beats Fedor he is not going to be considered anything but another HW.

Lesnar is one dimensional. Obviously he has skill in wrestling. Other than that he's just a big dude. Carwin will show the world that Brocks stand up blows.

I completly agre, lesnar has a great ground game if hes on top. but when he fights a supirior striker like carwin or even santos i feel the true test for him will come. look at how randy did against him randy showed that even his size doesnt matter. but if you get caught by those hands of stones your going down!

We'll throw out logic altogether and go with your instincts.

It's not my instincts that leads me to my conclusions. It's an objective analysis of the the fighters experience, strengths and weaknesses. Lesnar is 4-1-0, he's managed to use his size and wrestling to beat some okay fighters but the truth is that Herring's best days are long behind him, same with Couture and Mir has never been the same fighter since his accident. Lesnar has never faced an opponent comparable in size who he can't bully and outwrestle or who has legit KO power and when he does he's going to be exposed as being a one trick pony who can't compete with the elite of the sport.

I can understand someone thinking Carwin might have a shot. With his size and power he should a shot against anyone.

But Gonzaga and Nog are guys that have lost decisively to guys Lesnar has beaten decisively.

So whats up with that?

How come Lesnar gets zero credit for it?

Because until he beats Fedor he is not going to be considered anything but another HW.

No people do give him credit he beat the Natural. but Randy was winning that fight tell he got caught. so i believe people want to see him fight a big heavy handed striker and win tell they believe hes the real deal.

"Mir has never been the same fighter since his accident."

Do you think he would have beaten Big Nog even worse?

Is that even possible?

He shouldn't have beat Nog at all... Nog was sick before that fight and wasn't 100% he would have kicked Mir's **** other wise.. But a win is a win I guess Mir can't help he just got lucky Nog was sick...

What a pile of crap.

It's not crap it's a fact, Mir wouldn't have won and if he did Nog would have actually faught back instead of just taking those shots and then napping on the mat... Think about it he made Randy look bad do you think Mir can actually beat Randy that easy? Mir couldn't do a whole lot against Brock so whats that tell you?

It tells me that regardless of what happens in the cage people just believe whatevver the hell they want to believe.

I don;t care about opinions.

difference is my opinion is right. Your opinion is just subjective with no backing. Fact is Nogueira was hospitalized for staph and only let go a couple days prior to the fight. He was in absolutely no condition to fight but man'd up and fought. The Nogueira that fought Couture is the actual Nogueira and he would tear through Mir

oh yah he is but,hes afraid to get hit in the face hahaha,everytime couture would throw a punch he closed his eyes like ''OMG plz dont hit me no,this is gonna hurt'' but when he gets over it hell be better,but hes ****ing fast hahaha this guy is a bulldozer with a wrecking ball attached

oh yah he is but' date='hes afraid to get hit in the face hahaha,everytime couture would throw a punch he closed his eyes like ''OMG plz dont hit me no,this is gonna hurt'' but when he gets over it hell be better,but hes ****ing fast hahaha this guy is a bulldozer with a wrecking ball attached[/quote']

might be me but I don't think your intentions going into the fight is wanting to get hit. I think you'd want to avoid being hit as much as possible......

Archived