"mma live brought to you by wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010"

bloodywonder

every now and again i go to the espn website to check out the mma live video section. i recently clicked on the 10-29-09 video to check out kenflo and rashad's take on how they thought the shogun-machida fight was scored..any way, before they talked about the shogun fight they advertised the wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 video game..while rashad and kenny analyzed the fight there was a caption at the bottom of the screen that said "mma live brought to you by wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010." i just thought it was stupid how a pro wrestling video game would have been the sponsor for a mma discussion and for ESPN of all websites..

every now and again i go to the espn website to check out the mma live video section. i recently clicked on the 10-29-09 video to check out kenflo and rashad's take on how they thought the shogun-machida fight was scored..any way' date=' before they talked about the shogun fight they advertised the wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 video game..while rashad and kenny analyzed the fight there was a caption at the bottom of the screen that said "mma live brought to you by wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010." i just thought it was stupid how a pro wrestling video game would have been the sponsor for a mma discussion and for ESPN of all websites..[/quote']

That's the joy of marketing and advertising, you think its stupid but ESPN have gotta go where the money is otherwise you don't get the things you want to see on that channel.

As much as it pains me to say it, the whole WWE Smackdown video game series has had pretty massive success around the world, and also their predecessors when WWE/WWF was at its peak. ESPN probably got some big bucks to push this latest game and as someone who works in advertising sales myself, we all got our price to say yes to whatever comes our way.

every now and again i go to the espn website to check out the mma live video section. i recently clicked on the 10-29-09 video to check out kenflo and rashad's take on how they thought the shogun-machida fight was scored..any way' date=' before they talked about the shogun fight they advertised the wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 video game..while rashad and kenny analyzed the fight there was a caption at the bottom of the screen that said "mma live brought to you by wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010." i just thought it was stupid how a pro wrestling video game would have been the sponsor for a mma discussion and for ESPN of all websites..[/quote']

Well maybe cos Shane McMahon could be the owner of MMA Live?

Just kidding............

Archived