When Tito absolutly owns Forrest who is next?

Thechemicals

Seriously Forrest is damaged goods and he is deep into a family life now also. You couple that with the emotional dissarray he has and a humiliating defeat and trust me he is going to choke against Tito.

Tito is hungry and i think we all understand that once a fighter has had the needed surgery he can become a little like he used to be but add the desire to win your first fight back into the ufc for the fans and what you have is a killing machine- Tito will surely destroy this kid, the real question is who is next?

Tito needs rematches i say and Rashad should be next. I dont think Coleman is worth his time but youll understand what i mean when you see what he does to Forrest.

Well a lot of people think Forrest beat him the last time, so I see how he would be more motivated, not to mention he needs this very bad. I can see Tito dominating, but dont count Forrest out. He can stratigize with the best of em, considering he trains with Couture's people.

I think Jon Jones, or Luiz Cane should he win.

I don't think Tito will own Forrest IMO. The fact is, BOTH fighters have something to prove, both to themselves and to the fans. As for the UFC, they are pretty much obligated to keep these guys around (Tito as a future Hall of Famer, and Dana has said many times Forrest isn't going anywhere for what he helped do with the sport). I think it will be a great fight - again go to a decision. IMO, Tito is in need of a decisive victory more then Forrest though. I say this because Tito has always had the biggest mouth, but in recent years, hasn't been able to back it up (except with Shamrock, but come on...). For the sake of the sport, Tito needs to dominate - I just don't see it happening. Tito is past his prime IMO, and his mental game never hit a prime...sorry Tito

I don't think Tito will own Forrest IMO. The fact is' date=' BOTH fighters have something to prove, both to themselves and to the fans. As for the UFC, they are pretty much obligated to keep these guys around (Tito as a future Hall of Famer, and Dana has said many times Forrest isn't going anywhere for what he helped do with the sport). I think it will be a great fight - again go to a decision. IMO, Tito is in need of a decisive victory more then Forrest though. I say this because Tito has always had the biggest mouth, but in recent years, hasn't been able to back it up (except with Shamrock, but come on...). For the sake of the sport, Tito needs to dominate - I just don't see it happening. Tito is past his prime IMO, and his mental game never hit a prime...sorry Tito[/quote']

yeh they both have something to prove but Tito's spriti cant be broken- just look at the beatings he has taken to Liddel and he still has supreme confidence in his skills.

Forrest doesnt have that, he will be creamed.

Getting married and starting a family won't distract a fighter like Forrest. It will give him something to fight for. I don't have a great feeling about this fight for Forrest' date=' but I can't see Tito dominating him. I think Forrest wins via decision after a war.[/quote']

Getting married, being an emotional rollercoaster, and being humiliated altogether do.

When Tito absolutly owns Forrest who is next?.

Tell me the last time Tito has absolutely owned anyone? Exactly...yet you think that after not having a win in 3 years and after not fighting for over 18 months he's going to walk in and "own" a fighter who took him to a razor thin split decision back when Tito was actually a contender?

Puh-leeze. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was already composing his post fight press conference speech with his litany of excuses for what will no doubt be a weak performance.

tell me the last time tito has absolutely owned anyone? Exactly...yet you think that after not having a win in 3 years and after not fighting for over 18 months he's going to walk in and "own" a fighter who took him to a razor thin split decision back when tito was actually a contender?

Puh-leeze. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was already composing his post fight press conference speech with his litany of excuses for what will no doubt be a weak performance.

+1 so true!!!

Hmm Ithink if Tito wins then let him fight the winner of Vera/Randy or the loser of Cane/Lil Nog. I honestly don't care who wins this fight but I think the winner should get Randy/Vera > though I don't imagine Forrest and Randy would ever fight < So if randy wins let him try the winner of Cane/Lil Nog. If Tito does pull off the W he is still aways from stepping in with the top contenders. >> Side note seeing as Tito was the master of GnP I wonder how he wouls fair with todays LHW GnP master Thiago.... Maby one day.

Trust me guys- bet on Tito- this fight will be his 100% sure.

Forrest never had any exceptional skills and Tito does.

Keep dreaming man! Tito is nothing but a big mouth. Sure, early in his career he was considered the best, but today...They guys' skills are nowhere near 3/4 of the guys fighting today. As for his GnP...ppppfffffttttt. Again, not any more. The guy is a has been and is officially overrated.

Getting married' date=' being an emotional rollercoaster, and being humiliated altogether do.[/quote']

well him having a beautiful wife,a nice house, being a good fighter,being in the ufc, well thats somethign youll never have, so just keep talkin your **** on the internet it wont get you far,only nodded heads by other ****suckin tito lovers

Seriously Forrest is damaged goods and he is deep into a family life now also. You couple that with the emotional dissarray he has and a humiliating defeat and trust me he is going to choke against Tito.

Tito is hungry and i think we all understand that once a fighter has had the needed surgery he can become a little like he used to be but add the desire to win your first fight back into the ufc for the fans and what you have is a killing machine- Tito will surely destroy this kid' date=' the real question is who is next?

Tito needs rematches i say and Rashad should be next. I dont think Coleman is worth his time but youll understand what i mean when you see what he does to Forrest.[/quote']

OOOOHHHHHHH now i understand this post. when you say "become a little like he used to be" do you mean the tito ortiz that ducked top flight competition and then when he was forced into fighting them he was dominated? or the tito ortiz that cried everytime he didnt get his way? or the tito ortiz that all the scumbag fans loved after he mopped the floor with a washed up pathetic ken shamrock? which tito ortiz were you talking about? because thats the only tito ortiz that i can remember.LOL not that Forrest Griffin is any better. people jumped all over his nuts after he beat Rampage..aka the most one dimensional fighter in the ufc, and forrest barely did that. This fight is a joke, i cant believe anybody would be hype to see this lol, i just hope somebody gets ktfo in dramatic fashion....and to be honest, i hope its forest griffin cause im sick of seeing his overrated face. but then again, i hate tito with a passion....

OOOOHHHHHHH now i understand this post. when you say "become a little like he used to be" do you mean the tito ortiz that ducked top flight competition and then when he was forced into fighting them he was dominated? or the tito ortiz that cried everytime he didnt get his way? or the tito ortiz that all the scumbag fans loved after he mopped the floor with a washed up pathetic ken shamrock? which tito ortiz were you talking about? because thats the only tito ortiz that i can remember.

+10000000000000000000000

hahaha Im puttin this in my sig :P

Tito is hungry and i think we all understand that once a fighter has had the needed surgery he can become a little like he used to be but add the desire to win your first fight back into the ufc for the fans and what you have is a killing machine- Tito will surely destroy this kid' date=' the real question is who is next?

Tito needs rematches i say and Rashad should be next. I dont think Coleman is worth his time but youll understand what i mean when you see what he does to Forrest.[/quote']

Dude, you're on a roll. Immaculate Penn/Sanchez coupled with this one. I completely agree here too. What's worse, is that I can't stand Tito Ortiz, and regard him as one of the most overrated fighters in UFC history. Forrest Griffin is a close second. Terrible headline fight, no matter how you slice it. This fight means nothing, because Tito won't make a run, and Forrest is one loss from suicide.

OOOOHHHHHHH now i understand this post. when you say "become a little like he used to be" do you mean the tito ortiz that ducked top flight competition and then when he was forced into fighting them he was dominated? or the tito ortiz that cried everytime he didnt get his way? or the tito ortiz that all the scumbag fans loved after he mopped the floor with a washed up pathetic ken shamrock? which tito ortiz were you talking about? because thats the only tito ortiz that i can remember.LOL not that Forrest Griffin is any better. people jumped all over his nuts after he beat Rampage..aka the most one dimensional fighter in the ufc' date=' and forrest barely did that. This fight is a joke, i cant believe anybody would be hype to see this lol, i just hope somebody gets ktfo in dramatic fashion....and to be honest, i hope its forest griffin cause im sick of seeing his overrated face. but then again, i hate tito with a passion....[/quote']

Good to know someone else hates Ortiz and Griffin equally.

How is tito not damaged goods? Doing a **** star and hasn't taking anyone down in 5 years. Tito's washed up more than anyone! Tito can't take anyone down for his bread and butter ground and pound. He is only hungry not to be embarrassed again. I used to love Tito until he got his attitude. Now he's a has been. who's next? Someone in another, smaller, less paying organization! Tito, Hah Hah!

How is tito not damaged goods? Doing a **** star and hasn't taking anyone down in 5 years. Tito's washed up more than anyone! Tito can't take anyone down for his bread and butter ground and pound. He is only hungry not to be embarrassed again. I used to love Tito until he got his attitude. Now he's a has been. who's next? Someone in another' date=' smaller, less paying organization! Tito, Hah Hah![/quote']

Um, he used to be an even bigger dillhole when he came onto the scene. He's actually tamed over the years. Which isn't saying much, cause he's still a donkey.

That aside, he'll surprise some peeps, and lay out Nancy Griffin. Best case scenario for Forrest is a SD.

I hate to say this' date=' because its not my style, but this is completely ignorant. Tito and Chuck Liddell get the honors of being the two most dominant LHW champs in UFC history. That counts for something.[/quote']

his highest profile win is against w.silva and while you call him dominant LHW champ i call him an over hyped fighter, look who he defended his title against

yuki kondo

evan tanner

elvis sinosic

vladimir matsyshenko

ken shamrock

seriously they were the fighters he defended his tile against.

tito isnt a legend you cant be a legend is you cant beat a legend when it was time to step up against the top echelon he failed, IMO hes in about the same league as forrest griffin a very good fighter but a fighter that lacks that next level to be a true legend and great

Tito has been an unfunny, unimportant, embarrassing, footnote in MMA history at best, I cant even believe he's back t un-impress us once again with his weak performances and stupid t- shirts. I thought he was going off to become the next movie action hero? What happened with that genius career plan? I'll tell you what happened, dumb **** Tito learned pretty fast that without the UFC promo machine he was nobody...nothing...pretty much completely forgotten :)

for once i think we agree. Rashad.... i am not too sure about, i think Rashad might be able to beat him now. personally, i think Tito won even with the point taken from him, but i didnt give Rashad the 3rd round either like a lot of people did.

i would like to see Tito fight the winner of Couture/Vera. i think Vera will win, but i would really enjoy seeing a Tito/Couture 2 fight. Tito vs Wandy 2 would be nice as well. solid headliner imo.

I dunno why but I would still like to see Tito v Thiago to see the new LHW GnP king fight the old one. To me its all about who wants to fight who. Tito has fought Forrest and Rashad now let him try another contender. I don't want Tito to get easy fights i want him to either prove he belongs or quit again.

OOOOHHHHHHH now i understand this post. when you say "become a little like he used to be" do you mean the tito ortiz that ducked top flight competition and then when he was forced into fighting them he was dominated? or the tito ortiz that cried everytime he didnt get his way? or the tito ortiz that all the scumbag fans loved after he mopped the floor with a washed up pathetic ken shamrock? which tito ortiz were you talking about? because thats the only tito ortiz that i can remember.LOL not that Forrest Griffin is any better. people jumped all over his nuts after he beat Rampage..aka the most one dimensional fighter in the ufc' date=' and forrest barely did that. This fight is a joke, i cant believe anybody would be hype to see this lol, i just hope somebody gets ktfo in dramatic fashion....and to be honest, i hope its forest griffin cause im sick of seeing his overrated face. but then again, i hate tito with a passion....[/quote']

+ 1 , 000,000,000

Tito and Forrest are both bums now and will only ever be gate keepers because of their drawing power at the gates.

Forrest Griffin Blah blah blah , forrest beat shogun and rampage....blah blah blah , He got KTFO by Silva Devastatingly and Ripped up by Jardine , both times in which he "ran away".

Tito Ortiz.......the dude i quoted said exactly what i think of the mouthpiece whiny , chicken **** Ortiz.

I know a lot of people think Tito will win' date=' and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

Now with the back surgery, Tito will cover up with no head movement, throw punches at air, and miss take downs even better than ever.[/quote']

doubt it. last i heard as far as Titos boxing training was that he was training with Freddie Roach. that "should" most definitely help him in this fight.

a lot of questions need to be answered by Tito. it's his fight to lose in my opinion.

I think they've both got a ton at stake here, which is why Dana set it up. Neither guy can afford to lose to the other. I think it's Dana's sneaky way of pretending to make up with Tito, then putting him against Griffin as payback for the pleasantries that were exchanged in previous years.

It's a lose/lose for both fighters. If Ortiz wins, people will say he beat a regurgitated Griffin, and if he loses, he lost to a regurgitated Griffin. If Griffin wins, he beat a ring rusted/surgery Tito. If he loses, he lost to a ring rusted/surgery Tito. Couple this with the fact, that the outcome has no bearing on anything significant in LHW, and it's a flat out garbage matchup.

For me Forrest is in a must win situation. The guy got publicly humiliated and a true fighter will get back in the gym and just run through his next opponent to prove a point and unfortunately for Tito (and his 6 fight deal) it looks like he will be using the remaining 5 fights on his contract after Forrest destroys him trying to make up for it by fighting people like Mark Coleman (and do I sense another Liddell v Tito when Chuck gets resigned) rather than fighting guys like Rashad and Machida.

Hopefully the loss to Anderson Silva will be good for Forrest (like the Serra loss was good for GSP) and he will come back twice as strong.

LOL, i like seeing these die hard tito fans, tito is all talk, the only reason people want to see him in the octagon is to see him get his **** kicked till he runs out of excuses.... am i right?

i mean i'd pay money to see tito get beat down and whine and make up excuses about the fight afterwards!

did you all see when they interviewed tito after his loss to machida? he said that he thought machida was fighting the way he was because he was afraid of tito, interestingly enough tito didnt get one clean strike in and only cried about not being able to hit him, tito got raped.... I say we all get together and light a burning pile of **** on his door step what do you all say?

agreed , forrest is dead ,

Rashad could be next , may be if Rampage comes back , Wandy , Shogun and Vera

Archived