Machida defending his win in this video.

BUDDHASPORT

I cant look at his face even. The judges giving this guy a win doomed him from ever being respected by me. It doesnt have to be his fault' date=' he knew he lost and he has to be held accountable for it.[/quote']

+1

Not much of a logical defense - just regurgitating what all his supports 'have' to tell him so he doens't completly lose confidence. IMO he was set up to lose, over hyped, distracted (as you can see before the fight), and was gassing out and losing confidence as the fight went on (check it out). I honestly feel bad for the guy - being a paper champion and all. A side of me wants to see him rebound and KO Rua, but I don't know...The guys confidence was probably as low as Forrest's was. They both were humilated in their own eyes.

Man, even Machida knows he lost that fight you can see it in his eyes (and on his face). The thing with Machida is that I dont think he can change his style dramatically beacuse then he will leave his comfort zone. Shogun is just the perfect matchup to beat Machida stylisticly IMO

wow. I lost some respect for him watching that vid. Its obvious that shogun won. He said he was supierer to shogun and he still believes he is? i agree, he needs to be accountable for his loss and at least give shogun some credit. If he does change his style for the rematch he will probably lose even more definitively. He will be way out of his comfort zone.

So what happens when the rematch comes and lets say Machida wins decisively? Does that mean he for sure won the first and is the better fighter? Cause I know if Shogun wins there is going to be TONS of "I told You So" Forums popping up all over the place. It was a decent fight let em do it again and stop talking about how you lost respect for a fighter because you think he lost and he didn't, its retarded. The only opinions that matter are the judges that score the fight, God could say that Shogun won but it won't change a damn thing, leave it alone already

So what happens when the rematch comes and lets say Machida wins decisively? Does that mean he for sure won the first and is the better fighter? Cause I know if Shogun wins there is going to be TONS of "I told You So" Forums popping up all over the place. It was a decent fight let em do it again and stop talking about how you lost respect for a fighter because you think he lost and he didn't' date=' its retarded. The only opinions that matter are the judges that score the fight, God could say that Shogun won but it won't change a damn thing, leave it alone already[/quote']

He is not going to win the rematch. 100% sure.

So what happens when the rematch comes and lets say Machida wins decisively? Does that mean he for sure won the first and is the better fighter? Cause I know if Shogun wins there is going to be TONS of "I told You So" Forums popping up all over the place. It was a decent fight let em do it again and stop talking about how you lost respect for a fighter because you think he lost and he didn't' date=' its retarded. The only opinions that matter are the judges that score the fight, God could say that Shogun won but it won't change a damn thing, leave it alone already[/quote']

I lost respect because he said he was a superior fighter than Shogun and after watching the fight that is total BS.

i love how he says he was superior to shogun, but then also says shogun found alot of holes in his game that he needs to close... i also like how his confidence isnt there anymore, so much for that no one can defend my style talk he always says, no hes just another top lhw in every ones eyes, doesnt stand out anymore, he knows he didnt win that fight.. he wouldve been happier about the victory if he felt accomplished, but he doesnt

just really want to see a rematch between the two and hope its more definitive. I watched the fight at a local bar and i thought machida had won but I wasn't overly impressed with what he or rua did. I haven't rewatched it or looked at fightmetric i just remember that at the end of the fight i felt like machida had pulled it out barely.

He is not going to win the rematch. 100% sure.

Haha, 100% sure huh? I think it's funny that you (and tons of other people on here) completely count him out. He's one of the smartest fighters in the UFC. I'm sure he is going to fill the holes from the first fight and do better. And I'm not just saying all of this because I'm a Machida ****, I like Shogun as well and think he did excellent in the first fight. I just don't think you should be so quick to count Machida completely out in the rematch.

Haha' date=' 100% sure huh? I think it's funny that you (and tons of other people on here) completely count him out. He's one of the smartest fighters in the UFC. I'm sure he is going to fill the holes from the first fight and do better. And I'm not just saying all of this because I'm a Machida ****, I like Shogun as well and think he did excellent in the first fight. I just don't think you should be so quick to count Machida completely out in the rematch.[/quote']

No.

Machida will lose again. I called it the first time anbd im saying it again. Shogun is just a better fighter.

I cant look at his face even. The judges giving this guy a win doomed him from ever being respected by me. It doesnt have to be his fault' date=' he knew he lost and he has to be held accountable for it.[/quote']

You act like if Machida gives a rats **** about your respect. I believe he won since Shogun wasn't doing anything to beat the champ and leg kicks

You're probably the person that said "If Machida gives his belt up, I'd give him the most absolute respect ever"

No.

Machida will lose again. I called it the first time anbd im saying it again. Shogun is just a better fighter.

Shogun is going to come back w/ the same game plan while Machida is going to fill in the holes and return with an improve game plan than his previous fight. You're making the assumption that Machida won't learn anything from the last fight. If Shogun the better fighter why isn't he the champion? Machida is the better fighter currently and still the champ!

Grampa Machida, A. Silva, and his team will direct Loyoto w/ the right game plan next time

Shogun is going to come back w/ the same game plan while Machida is going to fill in the holes and return with an improve game plan than his previous fight. You're making the assumption that Machida won't learn anything from the last fight. If Shogun the better fighter why isn't he the champion? Machida is the better fighter currently and still the champ!

And your making the assumption Shogun won't learn from the last fight. I think Shogun is the better fighter, and I think the majority of the public who watched the fight (including Randy and Dana - 2 guys opinion I trust in the MMA world without question), knows this. BUT, time will tell. The rematch will be the biggest fight since the Couture v Liddell days.

Grampa Machida' date=' A. Silva, and his team will direct Loyoto w/ the right game plan next time[/quote']

Your just not being intelligent when you talk about Machida. I knew he would lose the first because the guy has a very small arsenal of attacks. He has always had a small arsenal of attacks and his long decision win history is proof of that, if he cant implement the attacks he continues to try to do them. He caught a few fighters in his web but its the same attack and without it Machida is just not a dominant fighter. One trick pony.

While i was impressed that he managed to use the inside knee against Shogun, it was just a testament to the guys limitations. Once his counter Flurry is completely stopped and his liver kicks become an exchange, Lyoto powers down.

Lyoto's truly best most impressive move is his frog leap backwards as he avoids the contact fight. So many technician posers of MMA thought Machida was a chess player but i guess time evolves everyone and if you cant honestly see that his attacks are very limited and one-tracked than you missed the evolution bus.

A mongoose performs the same attack on a snake over and over until it becomes tired or gets caught. This doesnt make the mongoose exceptional at fighting. It show proves that you can exploit an enemy with one kind of move.

Same tools he used against Forrest.

Styles make fights and I bealieve Shogun has the perfect style to effectively beat Machida. I think Shogun will use the same style with more agressivenes and more takedown attempts. Machida always fights the same anyways and I dont think it will be any different in their rematch. He could be more agressive in their rematch but that can be his downfall beacuse he doesnt want to go into brawl with Shogun. Machida is a great fighter and to count him out in the rematch would be redicioulus but I bealive Shogun is just a better fighter overall and has more tools at his disposal.

Shogun was injured in that fight. I know its an excuse but trust me if they would fought again Forrest would be retired.

It sucks this subject got played out but I did still want to hear what machida had to say here is the video of what he has to say about his win and future plans on changing his style up a little' date='

http://www.buddhasport.com/community/machidatalks[/quote']

I Craked up @ this!

If you look up its sponsored by Enzyte. That guy was arrested for selling a product that didnt even work. Im surprised that they still have that product out. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Shogun never took that joker seriously along with rampage' date=' but u do see what happenens when top fighters take him serious dont u lol. If they had a rematch shogun would beat him just as bad as A Silva.[/quote']

Thats a good point. I really think that Forrests best wins have come beacuse his opponents never took him seriously enough.

Thats a good point. I really think that Forrests best wins have come beacuse his opponents never took him seriously enough.

i think rampage lost to forrest because he didnt take him serious, but shogun gassed. there is no way shogun in shape ( a bjj blackbelt) get submitted by forrest. the way that fight ended is proof of shoguns physical condition at the time. he shouldnt have taken that fight, but he probably needed the money imo. shogun would beat him so bad if they ever had a rematch, he would have something to prove and would want revenge against forrest, that would be scary.

you are maybe the worst member on this website, everything you say in your posts is absolutely pathetic, you know nothing about the sport and your an absolute embarrassment

Man' date=' even Machida knows he lost that fight you can see it in his eyes (and on his face). The thing with Machida is that I dont think he can change his style dramatically beacuse then he will leave his comfort zone. Shogun is just the perfect matchup to beat Machida stylisticly IMO[/quote']

Completely agreed that Shogun's style is tailor made to spank a backpeddling sissy like Machida.

Come rematch, we see the mean Shogun, and he will embarrass Machida. Mark it down.

you are maybe the worst member on this website' date=' everything you say in your posts is absolutely pathetic, you know nothing about the sport and your an absolute embarrassment[/quote']

Although Chems is slightly over-the-top and extremely opinionated (I too fall into these categories), he's a very knowledged MMA fan and I agree with many of his pre/post-fight synopsis'. At least he's formulating an opinion on something worthwhile, whereas you've only got the brain capacity to make a post that attempts to discredit somebody else. Keep trying noob.

Shogun is a fighter, Machida is a martial artist. I'll bet on the fighter any day of the week.

Machida's 9 decisions in 16 fights speaks volumes. He's boring, extremely over-hyped, and his false bravado was smashed at 104. It's all downhill, fanboys.

P.S. Anderson Silva lost all my respect when he said Machida won all 5 rounds. What a moron.

Shogun is a fighter' date=' Machida is a martial artist. I'll bet on the fighter any day of the week.

Machida's 9 decisions in 16 fights speaks volumes. He's boring, extremely over-hyped, and his false bravado was smashed at 104. It's all downhill, fanboys.

P.S. Anderson Silva lost all my respect when he said Machida won all 5 rounds. What a moron.[/quote']

pssst...Shogun lost to Griffin.

Griffin.

Same tools he used against Forrest.

+1 haha. Not taking away anything from Forrest but if you praise Shoguns style so much then it should have been easier for him to beat a Forrest then a Machida' date=' as Forrest will stand and bang with you.

Your just not being intelligent when you talk about Machida. I knew he would lose the first because the guy has a very small arsenal of attacks. He has always had a small arsenal of attacks and his long decision win history is proof of that, if he cant implement the attacks he continues to try to do them. He caught a few fighters in his web but its the same attack and without it Machida is just not a dominant fighter. One trick pony.

While i was impressed that he managed to use the inside knee against Shogun, it was just a testament to the guys limitations. Once his counter Flurry is completely stopped and his liver kicks become an exchange, Lyoto powers down.

Lyoto's truly best most impressive move is his frog leap backwards as he avoids the contact fight. So many technician posers of MMA thought Machida was a chess player but i guess time evolves everyone and if you cant honestly see that his attacks are very limited and one-tracked than you missed the evolution bus.

A mongoose performs the same attack on a snake over and over until it becomes tired or gets caught. This doesnt make the mongoose exceptional at fighting. It show proves that you can exploit an enemy with one kind of move.

I dont know what fight you were watching but I watched the Machida vs Shogun title fight on Oct. 24th where Bruce Buffer announced Machida as the winner with the chicken dinner. Man you spend so much time crying about Shogun's loss and then blast Machida off, it clearly upsets you. I bet it upset Shogun too but unlike you hes a man, he took it on the chin, was totally professional about it and didnt whinge about it once in any interview. Now all us forum readers STILL have to put up with yours and other peoples childish rants. Just wait for the rematch man, seriously.

you are maybe the worst member on this website' date=' everything you say in your posts is absolutely pathetic, you know nothing about the sport and your an absolute embarrassment[/quote']

Agreed.

Archived