Best live event you've ever been to.

ufcfreak13

I've had the privelage of going to a decent number of UFC events and I think the best one I've ever been to was UFC 102 in Portland. The card was good but not the greatest but the crowd and atmosphere were un-real. I've heard that the crowds in Motreal are amazing as well. I've never been to a Montreal card personally (cause I don't speak French) even though I live in Canada lol

Pink Flyod at Maple Leaf Gardens 1973 Dark Side of The Moon tour.

Wow. You lucky SOB. I was only born in 78, but I'd give a nut to have been there. Been to the Gardens dozens and dozens of times to support the Blue and White. Would most definitely liked to have eaten some blotter acid and shown some support to Waters, Gilmour and Co. One of the greatest bands, and ^^albums of all time.

Wow. You lucky SOB. I was only born in 78' date=' but I'd give a nut to have been there. Been to the Gardens dozens and dozens of times to support the Blue and White. Would most definitely liked to have eaten some blotter acid and shown some support to Waters, Gilmour and Co. One of the greatest bands, and ^^albums of all time.[/quote']

The thing about it was nobdy had heard Darlk Side of The Moon at this time. The first half fo the show was there older stuff, and they finshed up with just a killer version of Careful With The Ax, Eugene, then there was an intermission for everyone to get high who wasn;t already wrecked out of their minds, then the second half they opemned with Meddle, and finished with the entire Dark Side of The Moon album - which blew everyone away, and nobody had ever heard before.

It was awesome.

I can still rememebr when they turned up the lights at half time you could not see across the Gardens for the smoke.

On a related note the best fight I ever saw was Ali/Chuvalo 2. which was not a close fight but was a study in pure courage on Chuvalo's part and pure talent on Ali's. It was Ali at his zenith.

Ali and Dundee both aid Chuvalo was the toughest mother Ali ever faced. He went 30 rounds with ali and never won a single one and never took a step back.

The thing about it was nobdy had heard Darlk Side of The Moon at this time. The first half fo the show was there older stuff' date=' and they finshed up with just a killer version of Careful With The Ax, Eugene, then there was an intermission for everyone to get high who wasn;t already wrecked out of their minds, then the second half they opemned with Meddle, and finished with the entire Dark Side of The Moon album - which blew everyone away, and nobody had ever heard before.

It was awesome.

I can still rememebr when they turned up the lights at half time you could not see across the Gardens for the smoke.[/quote']

Wow. Yeah Dark Side came out in 73 didn't it?

I had the pleasure of meeting Chuvalo once. He was doing some motivational speaking - man somebody needs to make a movie about this guy. The tragedy he's faced! Unreal. That aside, I've heard the same remarks from Ali and his camp about Chuvalo. The man was never knocked down in his career from what I remember.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chuvalo once. He was doing some motivational speaking - man somebody needs to make a movie about this guy. The tragedy he's faced! Unreal. That aside' date=' I've heard the same remarks from Ali and his camp about Chuvalo. The man was never knocked down in his career from what I remember.[/quote']

That right. Never hit the canvass. And he fought all the bangers.

Oscar Bonovena actually kncoked his eye out of the socket and he didn;t go dowen. I mean the ***** thing was hangin there by a string.

Yeah. 72/73. In those days it could take a couple of years to launch an album. No MTV and all.

I saw them again in I think 77 at Iver Wynn in Hamilton with the Animals tour. A much larger production but it wasn;t as good of a show. Or maybe I wasn;t as high.

Did they have crazy lasers at the Dark Side show? Or did that not come around till later?

I don;t remember any lasers but they had, at the time, a stage show that was second to none. I can;t remember how many semi tracker trailers they needed but it was a massive show and they got in **** at the border over something and almost weren;t allowed into Canada. At the end of the ifrst half the song Careful With That Ax, Eugene starts out really show and quiet then there's a big scream. When they screamed they lit off a big dish full of phosphorus that basically blinded ebeyone for about an hour.

They had the entire MLG ringed in speakers so that he would laugh "ha-ha" into the mic and the laugh would go all the way around the audience. The hippies were lovin it..

May sound corny, but my favorite live fight was UFC 100. The hype, the weigh-ins, the fights, it was action packed. I also loved "Rumble in Racetown" in Daytona FL as I got to see Marcus Davis, Frank Trigg, Terry Martin, Zac Cummings and others. I was up very close and there were many brawls and good fights at that one as well.:)

I agree that was an amazing night of fights

but in my opinion the energy of the crowd didn't top 102

Damn I wanted to go to 102 so bad! That was the one fight I was looking forward to for years. And I used to live in Oregon so I was disappointed when I foun d out they finally decided to have an event up there.

May sound corny' date=' but my favorite live fight was UFC 100. The hype, the weigh-ins, the fights, it was action packed. I also loved "Rumble in Racetown" in Daytona FL as I got to see Marcus Davis, Frank Trigg, Terry Martin, Zac Cummings and others. I was up very close and there were many brawls and good fights at that one as well.[/i']:)

ah man that's sick I didn't go to 100 live I got to watch that one from my lazy boy lol and that's pretty sweet meeting Davis. I personally don't care for Trigg he comes off as a jerk IMO. I got to meet Ryan Bader and Thiago Alves though I thought I was going to pee myself I was so excited lol

Damn I wanted to go to 102 so bad! That was the one fight I was looking forward to for years. And I used to live in Oregon so I was disappointed when I foun d out they finally decided to have an event up there.

ya it was great I really enjoy watching Nogueria fight he's probably my favorite HW and one of my all time favorites. Watching him fight live is amazing I was a pretty sad guy when he lost to Mir.

Archived