Fedor and Rogers Nov 7th

fightenfan

Just keep predicting the loss.

Sooner or later you'll be right.

Everyone has to lose. Sometime.

Or not.

No. If he loses than he loses. not because he is aging or anything like that. It will be because the fighter who wins out fought the other fighter.

your just saying that in case he does lose so your feelings wont hurt so bad.

No. If he loses than he loses. not because he is aging or anything like that. It will be because the fighter who wins out fought the other fighter.

your just saying that in case he does lose so your feelings wont hurt so bad.

I don't see Rogers doing anything in this fight.

Fedor by way of death

fedor is not old and out of his prime or anything, so if he loses he loses no excuses, either way i dont see fedor as the top heavyweight anymore anyways so a win for rogers wont impress me much... fedor used to be the best, but hasnt fought top competition to maintain that title lately... i still think he is the best heavyweight of all time tho, no one else has dominated the heavyweight division like he has, hes beaten top names, and is argueable the bst p4p next to silva in my opinion

and Fedor has already lost once anyway so that dosent make since.

lol

+1

my money is on Rogers

... noobs, hit the books .. it was an illegal-shot, bad call, w/ the exception of Arlovski there is nobody you will recognize on Rogers record .. he's a meatball & Fedor will decapitate him & stretchim' ... Fedor is -650 in this match

this thread will be booted to outside, wrong place :rolleyes:

... noobs' date=' hit the books .. it was an illegal-shot, bad call, w/ the exception of Arlovski there is nobody you will recognize on Rogers record .. he's a meatball & Fedor will decapitate him & stretchim' ... Fedor is -650 in this match

this thread will be booted to outside, wrong place :rolleyes:[/quote']

im not a noob. and yes it was an illegal shot but hmmmm lets see.... does that still count as a loss? well yes it does.

and btw there is no exception for arlovski. he is a beast and if you can beat him your pretty damn good.

its this attitude kills me! I think Rogers has a better chance than anyone else...

... there are many heavyweights that could give Fedor a challenge : google or wiki mma heavyweights, those sites suck but are adequate for this retrieval .

Rogers is not one of them in my opinion ... its not going to cost anything to find out, its a freebie .

... there are many heavyweights that could give Fedor a challenge : google or wiki mma heavyweights' date=' those sites suck but are adequate for this retrieval .

Rogers is not one of them in my opinion ... its not going to cost anything to find out, its a freebie .[/quote']

I am so glad its free. I cant wait.

im not a noob. and yes it was an illegal shot but hmmmm lets see.... does that still count as a loss? well yes it does.

and btw there is no exception for arlovski. he is a beast and if you can beat him your pretty damn good.

agreed on the loss, but the original context was bs, perhaps you can explain that to the Rua fans also .

My point on the Pitbull was that he is the only recognizable name on Grims record ...

if you want to bet against Emelianenko, this is not the spot .

agreed on the loss' date=' but the original context was bs, perhaps you can explain that to the Rua fans also .

My point on the Pitbull was that he is the only recognizable name on Grims record ...

if you want to bet against Emelianenko, this is not the spot .[/quote']

I gotcha but i gotta say my money is on rogers.

... noobs' date=' hit the books .. it was an illegal-shot, bad call, w/ the exception of Arlovski there is nobody you will recognize on Rogers record .. he's a meatball & Fedor will decapitate him & stretchim' ... Fedor is -650 in this match

this thread will be booted to outside, wrong place :rolleyes:[/quote']

Are you suggesting all fighters who have had a fight stopped because of a cut, or a bad call, should not have to count it as a loss.

A loss is a loss,

The difference is that had it not been in a tournament where one of the two had to advance and fight later that night, it would have been ruled a NC or DQ. It was not a legitimate loss. And does anyone really think that Kohsaka would have beaten Fedor had it continued?

Anyway, as I've said before, if Randleman's slam didn't KO Fedor, there's no way Rogers will, which everyone seems to agree would be his only way of winning this fight. Fedor will win this anyway he wants to, probably by armbar.

The difference is that had it not been in a tournament where one of the two had to advance and fight later that night' date=' it would have been ruled a NC or DQ. It was not a legitimate loss. And does anyone really think that Kohsaka would have beaten Fedor had it continued?

Anyway, as I've said before, if Randleman's slam didn't KO Fedor, there's no way Rogers will, which everyone seems to agree would be his only way of winning this fight. Fedor will win this anyway he wants to, probably by armbar.[/quote']

thats your opinion but here is a fact. It was a loss.

thats your opinion but here is a fact. It was a loss.

Okay, question for you. What is more significant of a loss? Fedor's Loss or Brock's Loss? If you say they are the same because they are both a loss, then you are just showing your bias.

Also, I love how everyone is now trashing Fedor because he didn't sign with the UFC. The guy has beaten the best and you all think he's going to lose to Rogers. Really? Please explain to me, based on Fedor's history, that Rogers would pose a major threat other than a puncher's chance?

Also, I love how suddenly all the UFC nut huggers consider Fedor a scrub because he didn't sign with the UFC that has an OKAY HW division. Face it, the HW division is not all that great in the UFC. The HW division overall, doesn't really have much competition as compared to the lighter weights. Really, after Brock who do you want to see Fedor fight? Nog, been there done that. Mir? LOL! Carwin? same as fighting Rogers imo. Velasquez? hahah, couldn't finish Kongo how is he going to finish a skilled fighter? Plus he's way too green to be put up against someone like Fedor. Dos Santos? Might be a bit interesting. Gonzaga? no thanks. So, what maybe 3 interesting fights? Strikeforce/Dream offers him the same amount, Rogers, Barnett (Takes place in Japan), and Overeem.

One more thing, Look who Fedor has faced in his past few fights. Tim Sylvia was a top 10 ranked HW when they fought. Arlovski was a top 5 ranked. He was suppose to fight Barnett who was the 2nd ranked HW. How is that not fighting top guys? I know it's hard to swallow, but some of the best fighters aren't in the UFC. Now, don't get me wrong, the majority of the best fighters are in the UFC. However, in the HW and especially the LW division, there is top tier competition.

Okay' date=' question for you. What is more significant of a loss? Fedor's Loss or Brock's Loss? If you say they are the same because they are both a loss, then you are just showing your bias.

Also, I love how everyone is now trashing Fedor because he didn't sign with the UFC. The guy has beaten the best and you all think he's going to lose to Rogers. Really? Please explain to me, based on Fedor's history, that Rogers would pose a major threat other than a puncher's chance?

Also, I love how suddenly all the UFC nut huggers consider Fedor a scrub because he didn't sign with the UFC that has an OKAY HW division. Face it, the HW division is not all that great in the UFC. The HW division overall, doesn't really have much competition as compared to the lighter weights. Really, after Brock who do you want to see Fedor fight? Nog, been there done that. Mir? LOL! Carwin? same as fighting Rogers imo. Velasquez? hahah, couldn't finish Kongo how is he going to finish a skilled fighter? Plus he's way too green to be put up against someone like Fedor. Dos Santos? Might be a bit interesting. Gonzaga? no thanks. So, what maybe 3 interesting fights? Strikeforce/Dream offers him the same amount, Rogers, Barnett (Takes place in Japan), and Overeem.

One more thing, Look who Fedor has faced in his past few fights. Tim Sylvia was a top 10 ranked HW when they fought. Arlovski was a top 5 ranked. He was suppose to fight Barnett who was the 2nd ranked HW. How is that not fighting top guys? I know it's hard to swallow, but some of the best fighters aren't in the UFC. Now, don't get me wrong, the majority of the best fighters are in the UFC. However, in the HW and especially the LW division, there is top tier competition.[/quote']

Ok first get your facts straight. No i wouldent compare them. Brocks was more of a loss. but they are both a loss. second did i trash fedor? no i said that i picked rogers to win. thats it. and everything else i said was true. that did count as a loss.

Third- Idc if he is with strikeforce or UFC. Brands dont matter, the sport does. In fact i like Dream alot. Forth- I diddent say he wasent fighting good fighters. I do think he could be fighting some better compition but the people he has beaten are good.

I think Brock and fedor would be a good fight. I think Brock would win but Im sure you will come up with somthing to counter saying how bad fedor would beat him. But in the end a loss is a loss no matter how defenitive it is. Fedor is a good fighter dont get me wrong.

and you sir are bias by just saying that all rogers has is a punchers chance. hell I have a punchers chance against him. Give the guy some credit. It will be a good fight. Lets just see what happens Nov 7th.

i have to disagree that rogers is better than fedor in any aspect of mma skills on the feet on the ground bjj wrestling anything .. fedor in my opinion even has heavier hands look at both there wins over arlovski when fedor hit him he was out cold rogers just stunned him real bad but he never went completely out...fedor is the far superior fighter and will prove that november 7th

lol

Are you suggesting all fighters who have had a fight stopped because of a cut' date=' or a bad call, should not have to count it as a loss.

A loss is a loss,[/quote']

sorry for the delay in my response to your question ...

my objection to fightenfan's comment was the context ... he makes it sound like Fedor lost by decision or tko . That type of anti-emp comment feeds noobs that do no research .

you HATE fedor' date=' leben, & mir .. only noobs hate, be a fan of the sport & support your favorite fighters if you want credibility on mma sites . you are not a rogers fan, your just a fedor hater ... absurd :rolleyes:[/quote']

Once again get your facts straight. I diddent say i hated fedor. let me rephrease what i said about leben and Mir, I hate their attitudes. And yes I am A rogers fan thats why I am looking forward to the fight on the 7th because i think it will be his hardest fight yet and if he wins he will get alot of credit. I am not a Fedor Hater Ive said Multiple time in this thread that he is a good fighter and he has beaten alot of good fighters. So stop accusing and worrying about what other people say and worry about yourself.

If you want credibility just post your opinion and let others post theirs. This isent a Whos right compition its a place to talk with others about fights ask questions and talk MMA. I know this is the Outside UFC forum but this thread Is about MMA so lets keep it at that please.

I had a dream Fedor was TKO'd by Rogers ground and pound. Im a fan of Fedor and really hated that dream. But I dont think Rogers even has a punchers chance of winning. Ive seen him fight and Im not impressed. I dont see why there are so many Fedor haters out there because he proves most people wrong time and time again. And he is humble about it afterward. Maybe all of yall are mad because he didnt join UFC and I am as well. But If the UFC president was talking mad **** about me all the time Id try to look elsewhere too.

Ok first get your facts straight. No i wouldent compare them. Brocks was more of a loss. but they are both a loss. second did i trash fedor? no i said that i picked rogers to win. thats it. and everything else i said was true. that did count as a loss.

Third- Idc if he is with strikeforce or UFC. Brands dont matter' date=' the sport does. In fact i like Dream alot. Forth- I diddent say he wasent fighting good fighters. I do think he could be fighting some better compition but the people he has beaten are good.

I think Brock and fedor would be a good fight. I think Brock would win but Im sure you will come up with somthing to counter saying how bad fedor would beat him. But in the end a loss is a loss no matter how defenitive it is. Fedor is a good fighter dont get me wrong.

and you sir are bias by just saying that all rogers has is a punchers chance. hell I have a punchers chance against him. Give the guy some credit. It will be a good fight. Lets just see what happens Nov 7th.[/quote']

Ok, First off, most of my post wasn't pointed towards to you. I was being general towards the entire Fedor Hater Nation. So, I'll appologize to you if you felt I was specifically attacking you.

Yes, A loss is a loss. However, there is some context that needs to be considered when looking at a fighter's career. Should one consider Randy's career as medicore because of all the losses that he suffered? Same thing with Sakuraba. Both of these guys have been put through the works and they are much much better fighters than their record would indicate. Anyways, the entire loss issue doesn't really matter.

Also, what indication do you have that Rogers is the one to beat Fedor? Standup wise, I think Fedor would outclass him. On the Ground? Roger's doesn't have much of a chance unless he could get Fedor into a position like Brock did to Mir. What is the chance of that happening? On all skill levels, Fedor is the better fighter. Does that mean that Fedor won't lose? Of course not! Would I be surprised if Rogers won? Maybe. If it was from a KO, then no I wouldn't as I feel that is Roger's best chance. If it was from a decision, then Yes I would be very shocked.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this card and I hope that there are some great fights that will help bolster Strikeforce as a legit contender to the UFC.

Once again get your facts straight. I diddent say i hated fedor. let me rephrease what i said about leben and Mir' date=' I hate their attitudes. And yes I am A rogers fan thats why I am looking forward to the fight on the 7th because i think it will be his hardest fight yet and if he wins he will get alot of credit. I am not a Fedor Hater Ive said Multiple time in this thread that he is a good fighter and he has beaten alot of good fighters. So stop accusing and worrying about what other people say and worry about yourself.

If you want credibility just post your opinion and let others post theirs. This isent a Whos right compition its a place to talk with others about fights ask questions and talk MMA. I know this is the Outside UFC forum but this thread Is about MMA so lets keep it at that please.[/quote']

be accurate w/ your context & you will avoid defending your "opinion", if you think I'm on your case, wait until the Fedor crew logs-on later ..

be accurate w/ your context & you will avoid defending your "opinion"' date=' if you think I'm on your case, wait until the Fedor crew logs-on later ..[/quote']

lol ill try to be more clear next time.

Why does everyone think i hate fedor Ive said multiple times that he is a good fighter and he has beat some of the best in the world. In all honesty he will probably beat Rogers but im pulling for Rogers just cause i like tha guy.

So just to clear some stuff up. Yes Fedor is a great fighter and yes judging from the past fights it appears that he will beat Rogers.

but i am pulling for rogers to win. thats where my money is going.

although I will defend my opinion to the death.

lol

The Fedor lost wasn't really a loss. He got a nasty cut from an illegal elbow and was stopped after apx. 30 secs of the 1st round. The fight didn't even get started really. It should have been a no contest, but the organisation was useless. You should see what Fedor did in the rematch. Total Fedor Domination.

The Nog fight with the flying head butt in Pride should really be his only loss due to disqualification.

Fedor, eventhough every fight I see him I think "oow is this the one" and I think most of us get that feeling before a Fedor fight. But It's Fedor, come on, It's Fedor. Most fighters go home with their tail between their legs and the rest are the best fighters in the world and should get a medal just for surviving.

Fedor will win. Coz he's Fedor. Nuff said.

The Fedor lost wasn't really a loss. He got a nasty cut from an illegal elbow and was stopped after apx. 30 secs of the 1st round. The fight didn't even get started really. It should have been a no contest' date=' but the organisation was useless. You should see what Fedor did in the rematch. Total Fedor Domination.

The Nog fight with the flying head butt in Pride should really be his only loss due to disqualification.

Fedor, eventhough every fight I see him I think "oow is this the one" and I think most of us get that feeling before a Fedor fight. But It's Fedor, come on, It's Fedor. Most fighters go home with their tail between their legs and the rest are the best fighters in the world and should get a medal just for surviving.

Fedor will win. Coz he's Fedor. Nuff said.[/quote']

The only reason it was tallied as a loss is because it was a tournament and Fedor wouldn't have been able to continue with that cut. So they awarded the other guy the victory to keep the tournament flowing.

The only reason it was tallied as a loss is because it was a tournament and Fedor wouldn't have been able to continue with that cut. So they awarded the other guy the victory to keep the tournament flowing.

.. don't you hate defending Emelianenko when all the statistics are so readily available,

I get this weird feeling when I defend this living legend who has never uttered a bad word to any opponent or anti-Fedor media representative ? Nature of the Beast I guess .

The Fedor lost wasn't really a loss. He got a nasty cut from an illegal elbow and was stopped after apx. 30 secs of the 1st round. The fight didn't even get started really. It should have been a no contest' date=' but the organisation was useless. You should see what Fedor did in the rematch. Total Fedor Domination.

Fedor will win. Coz he's Fedor. Nuff said.[/quote']

He should have lost the fight to Arona though I have watched it many times and there should have been no way Fedor got that decission.

He should have lost the fight to Arona though I have watched it many times and there should have been no way Fedor got that decission.

I agree. Just watched the fight for the first time (I think) and you're right, Fedor lost. He was out wrestled but it was in japan and the japs love submissions (it's the only time the crowds make any noise). He kept going for the guillotine and a few times pulled guard. If it happened in the UFC he would have lost for sure especially in earlier UFC, but good wrestling always scored high points over submission attempts (most sub attempt don't get much acknowledgment in UFC judging). I think in Japan it's more the other way round.

.. don't you hate defending Emelianenko when all the statistics are so readily available' date='

I get this weird feeling when I defend this living legend who has never uttered a bad word to any opponent or anti-Fedor media representative ? Nature of the Beast I guess .[/quote']

+1 and an unfathomable amount of 0s

Fedor is a class act and the best MMA fighter in history.

And LOL @ "he will be in the top 2 if he beats Rogers". He will be in the top 2 if he LOSES to Rogers. Remains #1 if he wins and the Fedor haters can eat a fat one.

This forum will implode if Fedor does lose. LOL @ every great fighter having losses and being considered the best of all time and legends but the second Fedor loses it will be "he was over rated and never that good anyway".

Everybody loses.... Fedor will too eventually be it on the 7th or in another 7 years. But the second he loses 1 fight legitimately in over 30 pro fights, he will be mauled and crucified by MMA fans and media.

+1 and an unfathomable amount of 0s

Fedor is a class act and the best MMA fighter in history.

And LOL @ "he will be in the top 2 if he beats Rogers". He will be in the top 2 if he LOSES to Rogers. Remains #1 if he wins and the Fedor haters can eat a fat one.

This forum will implode if Fedor does lose. LOL @ every great fighter having losses and being considered the best of all time and legends but the second Fedor loses it will be "he was over rated and never that good anyway".

Everybody loses.... Fedor will too eventually be it on the 7th or in another 7 years. But the second he loses 1 fight legitimately in over 30 pro fights' date=' he will be mauled and crucified by MMA fans and media.[/quote']

Alpha_Omega = another voice of reason & one of the top guns here @ ufc.com,

this is why you were included in my milestoner .. :)

Archived