Jeff Curran & Strikeforce Prelims :

BESERKER

"The Big Frog"

Former WEC title contender Jeff Curran will face Dustin Neace instead of Sam Thao on the undercard of Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers on Nov. 7 in Hoffman Estates, Ill.

Neace (17-13-1) is entering the featherweight bout after Strikeforce's proposed matchup between Curran and Thao was not approved by the Illinois athletic commission.

The fight will be the 23-year-old Neace's most high-profile in his three-and-a-half years of fighting.

Neace is a submission fighter out of Indiana. All 17 of Neace's wins were finishes and 14 came by way of submission. Neace fought once this year in a TKO loss to former Strikeforce and Bellator competitor Nick Gonzalez in the main event of King of Kombat on Aug. 29 in Austin, Texas.

Curran (29-12-1) signed with Strikeforce this month following his WEC release after four consecutive losses against top contenders. After this fight he will take on DEEP veteran Tomohiko Hori (10-7-5) at XFO 33 on Dec. 5.

CBS Bouts:

- Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers

- Jake Shields vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller

- Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

- Fabricio Werdum vs. Antonio Silva

Preliminary Bouts:

- Mark Miller vs. Deray Davis

- Christian Uflacker vs. Jonatas Novaes

- Shamar Bailey vs. John Kolosci

- Louis Taylor vs. Nate Moore

- Jeff Curran vs. Dustin Neace

Lokks like Strikeforce is gunning for the Featherweights now that they have Japan's premiere featherweights at their disposal........

I wonder how longer is UFC gonna keep WEC alive after Strike starts using Feathers in their cards?

By the looks of the forum here, WEC is dead & buried .. Faber losing back to back may have contributed, Varner/Cerrone debocle then Cowboy loses, Torres loses, Condit goes big league ... & dropped by Versus ...

By the looks of the forum here' date=' WEC is dead & buried .. Faber losing back to back may have contributed, Varner/Cerrone debocle then Cowboy loses, Torres loses, Condit goes big league ... & dropped by Versus ...[/quote']

Damn, and UFC's champs are either sick or injured and need surgery.

I blame Barnett for "testing positive". Since then everyone's getting fawked in some way or another.

Damn' date=' and UFC's champs are either sick or injured and need surgery.

I blame Barnett for "testing positive". Since then everyone's getting fawked in some way or another.[/quote']

Brasileiro tested positive (member ID- Battery knows this story in-depth) .. & we will see him vs Werdum Saturday night, hopefully Barnett, (who incidently may be the funniest man in mma) .. will get back on track soon .. if Randy didn't just sign a 6 fight deal, I would be hoping he would continue to pursue Fedor . Couture, Barnett, & Emelianenko never insult their opponents pre-fight & I like that .

Brasileiro tested positive (member ID- Battery knows this story in-depth) .. & we will see him vs Werdum Saturday night' date=' hopefully Barnett, (who incidently may be the funniest man in mma) .. will get back on track soon .. if Randy didn't just sign a 6 fight deal, I would be hoping he would continue to pursue Fedor . Couture, Barnett, & Emelianenko never insult their opponents pre-fight & I like that .[/quote']

Nice calls. As much as I'm still angry with Barnett, he's a pretty class act. Hopefully he cleans it up and makes a valiant clean return to MMA.

Archived