Strikeforce=Elite XC with one punch?

WVU0507

If Rogers lands the shot heard round the world on Fedor does sttrikeforce crumble? It seems there putting everything they have into Fedor like Elite XC put into Kimbo and we all saw how that turned out..Granted Strikeforce does have more talent than Elite XC but they are paying him a #$%^ load of money and a percentage of PPV. my prediction is if Fedor falls...Strikeforce wont be to far behind.

If Rogers lands the shot heard round the world on Fedor does sttrikeforce crumble? It seems there putting everything they have into Fedor like Elite XC put into Kimbo and we all saw how that turned out..Granted Strikeforce does have more talent than Elite XC but they are paying him a #$%^ load of money and a percentage of PPV. my prediction is if Fedor falls...Strikeforce wont be to far behind.

No. What kind of comment is that?

Strikeforce isnt dependant of Fedor. It existed before Fedor ever came too Strikeforce. Rodgers is a strikeforce fighter.

Elite XC was built around Kimbo, and a lot of shady deals. Scott Coker isnt Gary Shaw and his **** Kid Shaw Jr., and besides Strikeforce has other guys that they build around. Fedor is just another fighter that was added too Strikeforce.

The fact that even mentioned Elite XC with Strikeforce is an imminent FAIL on your part.

If Rogers somehow manages to shock the world on Saturday, he technically becomes the world's #1 HW. No debate.

Comparing Kimbo Slice to Emelianenko Fedor is like comparing an 87 Dodge Stratus, to a Bentley Continental. I can't believe you actually utilized such an analogy. Punch yourself if the groin, you should be ashamed.

Regardless, if Grim wins, a new train begins and Strikeforce still has the best HW in the world - be it Rogers or Fedor.

No. What kind of comment is that?

Strikeforce isnt dependant of Fedor. It existed before Fedor ever came too Strikeforce. Rodgers is a strikeforce fighter.

Elite XC was built around Kimbo' date=' and a lot of shady deals. Scott Coker isnt Gary Shaw and his **** Kid Shaw Jr., and besides Strikeforce has other guys that they build around. Fedor is just another fighter that was added too Strikeforce.

The fact that even mentioned Elite XC with Strikeforce is an imminent FAIL on your part.[/quote']

The reason strikeforce exsisted before fedor is because they were smart with there money.....And for you to say that Strikeforce isnt going to build everything the have around Fedor right now is a FAIL on your part my friend

If Rogers somehow manages to shock the world on Saturday' date=' he technically becomes the world's #1 HW. No debate.

Comparing Kimbo Slice to Emelianenko Fedor is like comparing an 87 Dodge Stratus, to a Bentley Continental. I can't believe you actually utilized such an analogy. Punch yourself if the groin, you should be ashamed.

Regardless, if Grim wins, a new train begins and Strikeforce still has the best HW in the world - be it Rogers or Fedor.[/quote']

Comparing companies....Not fighters

The reason strikeforce exsisted before fedor is because they were smart with there money.....And for you to say that Strikeforce isnt going to build everything the have around Fedor right now is a FAIL on your part my friend

And they still are' date=' UFC offering millions, and Strikeforce offering 1/2 a million and getting Fedor.

Comparing companies....Not fighters

You compared Elite's dimise by saying Kimbo's name, and Fedor's by saying Strikeforce's name. Stop contradicting yourself.

Another Fail, and I feel that more failures are coming..........

Uh actually they have been around since 1985 - before the UFC. They aren't stupid enough to put all their eggs in one basket. There'll be a lot for sure, but not enough to ruin them if Fedor loses. What do you think you're dealing with here, 4 year old CEOs?

Elite XCs demise was not due to putting all their money in Kimbo. Where do people get this ****e?

You fail because the Dodge Stratus did not come out until 1995. :P

Exceptionally astute. Good call. I actually intended to type Dodge Spirit, but I had flashbacks of that Will Ferrell dining room skit from SNL, where he starts yelling about deserving respect because he drives a Dodge Stratus. Then I just found out the Spirit wasn't released until 1989. So I still fail.

Moral of the story? Exodus knows nothing about Dodge, or it's lineup of 1980's automobiles.

its Strikeforces' time to shine :

Anderson Silva

Lyoto Machida

Rampage Jackson

Ricardo Almeida

Brock Lesnar

Wanderlai Silva

Dan Henderson

GSP

Faber .. losing

Torres .. losing

Cerrone .. losing

.. all pretty much invisible now ...

strikeforce has no where to shine lol...lol you see forums on people *****ing about UFC 106 that would be a great Strikeforce card buta bad UFC card lol come on people Strike force has a long ways to go and i hope they can keep up competition is always good!

strikeforce has no where to shine lol...lol you see forums on people *****ing about UFC 106 that would be a great Strikeforce card buta bad UFC card lol come on people Strike force has a long ways to go and i hope they can keep up competition is always good!

as usual, you missed the point :rolleyes:

WVU you fail horribly. Strikeforce has been around since 1985. Before the UFC' date=' they're not going anywhere, and if anything they're picking up steam.[/quote']

yeah theve been around since 1985 and look at how huge they are? do you even know what the next strikeforce event is after the fedor fight if they even have one? if so who is in it? a bunch of guys youve never heard of? Rogers even said in an interview he hopes to win the fight to increase his stake on dealing with dana white to get into the ufc. is that the steam that they are picking up? lol!!

epic fail on the part of fedor to go to strikeforce. if he beats no name rogers then it proves nothing about him and then moves on to the next no name and probably wins again proving close to nothing. if he loses then he loses his eledged "best fighter in the world" status and in either situation he is sure to make less money and we, the fans still dont get to see the fights that we really want to see.

i dont think anyone ever said " i want fedor vs rogers". but that is what we get...and really who cares? the fight hardly proves anything if fedor wins. rogers would get slaughtered by top UFC HW's and if fedor is really that good he should absolutly destroy him. i will judge this fight not by if fedor wins, but how by how dominately he does it.

and yes rogers could throw a mean hook right in the face of strikeforce. no way cbs is going to keep airing strikeforce of fedor loses. so yes, a punch from rogers could seriously hurt strikeforce. enough to put them under? i doubt it, but it would hurt.

yeah theve been around since 1985 and look at how huge they are? do you even know what the next strikeforce event is after the fedor fight if they even have one? if so who is in it? a bunch of guys youve never heard of? Rogers even said in an interview he hopes to win the fight to increase his stake on dealing with dana white to get into the ufc. is that the steam that they are picking up? lol!!

epic fail on the part of fedor to go to strikeforce. if he beats no name rogers then it proves nothing about him and then moves on to the next no name and probably wins again proving close to nothing. if he loses then he loses his eledged "best fighter in the world" status and in either situation he is sure to make less money and we' date=' the fans still dont get to see the fights that we really want to see.

i dont think anyone ever said " i want fedor vs rogers". but that is what we get...and really who cares? the fight hardly proves anything if fedor wins. rogers would get slaughtered by top UFC HW's and if fedor is really that good he should absolutly destroy him. i will judge this fight not by if fedor wins, but how by how dominately he does it.

and yes rogers could throw a mean hook right in the face of strikeforce. no way cbs is going to keep airing strikeforce of fedor loses. so yes, a punch from rogers could seriously hurt strikeforce. enough to put them under? i doubt it, but it would hurt.[/quote']

someone who finally read the post and didnt just see Fedor and Kimbo and go ape #$%^.......you sir should be at harvard

epic fail on the part of fedor to go to strikeforce. if he beats no name rogers then it proves nothing about him and then moves on to the next no name and probably wins again proving close to nothing. if he loses then he loses his eledged "best fighter in the world" status and in either situation he is sure to make less money and we' date=' the fans still dont get to see the fights that we really want to see.

and yes rogers could throw a mean hook right in the face of strikeforce. no way cbs is going to keep airing strikeforce of fedor loses. so yes, a punch from rogers could seriously hurt strikeforce. enough to put them under? i doubt it, but it would hurt.[/quote']

They have the Strikeforce challenge day after UFC 105, then they another card in December and I believe they have Bobby Lashley in that one. And the Lightweight title too. They still have the Welterweight title match, and the womens 145lbs title prolly between Coenen vs Cyborg.

They have the Strikeforce challenge day after UFC 105' date=' then they another card in December and I believe they have Bobby Lashley in that one. And the Lightweight title too. They still have the Welterweight title match, and the womens 145lbs title prolly between Coenen vs Cyborg.[/quote']

yep .. Coenen vs Toughill was cancelled for Nov 6th, Tuffy has an illness ...

After Rogers knocked out Arlovski, I immediately wanted him to face Fedor. You might think he's a nobody, but you're just uneducated. Sure he's no Nogueira, but he's the SF equivalent to Shane Carwin - only nastier, and bigger. You saying Carwin fighting Lesnar is retarded and that nobody cares? Your lack of logic is astounding. Rogers would manhandle the bottom 5 of the UFC Top 10 HWs, and he'd be 50/50 against the Top 5. You don't count out an athletic man who stands 6'5 and weighs 280.

The networks don't care whether Fedor is champ. All they care about is viewership, however it gets done. Your lack of knowledge of SF fighters is laughable, and you've certainly no place making claims and opinions on things you clearly know nothing about.

After Rogers knocked out Arlovski' date=' I immediately wanted him to face Fedor. You might think he's a nobody, but you're just uneducated. Sure he's no Nogueira, but he's the SF equivalent to Shane Carwin - only nastier, and bigger. You saying Carwin fighting Lesnar is retarded and that nobody cares? Your lack of logic is astounding. Rogers would manhandle the bottom 5 of the UFC Top 10 HWs, and he'd be 50/50 against the Top 5. You don't count out an athletic man who stands 6'5 and weighs 280.

The networks don't care whether Fedor is champ. All they care about is viewership, however it gets done. Your lack of knowledge of SF fighters is laughable, and you've certainly no place making claims and opinions on things you clearly know nothing about.[/quote']

"After Rogers knocked out Arlovski, I immediately wanted him to face Fedor." caugh-BS-caugh. please the fight everyone wants to see is fedor - lesnar. that fight would have probably generated well over double the viewers that rogers-fedor will get if it was on cbs.

"You saying Carwin fighting Lesnar is retarded and that nobody cares? Your lack of logic is astounding." actually i didnt say anything about carwin lesnar. so perhaps its your lack of logic thats astounding.

"The networks don't care whether Fedor is champ. All they care about is viewership, however it gets done." exactly, and where do the ratings go if Fedor loses? are they then going to market Rogers as the "Michael Jordan of the sport"? and who will believe that?

"Your lack of knowledge of SF fighters is laughable, and you've certainly no place making claims and opinions on things you clearly know nothing about." your right. i guess i dont have your qualifications: fanboy who posts on a forum all day. over 2000 posts. hmmm congratulations on that and not having a girlfriend.

Archived