anderson silva is a......

Dwillin87

he is a punk! i dont mean to talk too much trash on him because he is arguably the best p4p fighter, but is he really about to go a whole year without giving someone a title shot. i dont care about the elbow or whatever. this is rediculous. why did he haveto go and fight forrest when he could have fought someone at middle weight. it pathetic. i would rather see him destroy someone for the belt than move up a weight class and destroy someone

he is a punk! i dont mean to talk too much trash on him because he is arguably the best p4p fighter' date=' but is he really about to go a whole year without giving someone a title shot. i dont care about the elbow or whatever. this is rediculous. why did he haveto go and fight forrest when he could have fought someone at middle weight. it pathetic. i would rather see him destroy someone for the belt than move up a weight class and destroy someone[/quote']

WTF, your thread is baseless. He moved up to L.H.W so he can really be tested. In my opinion he allready cleared the M.W. Div. Griffen, Leites, Cote, Irvin, Henderson, Franklin rematch, Marquardt, Lutter, Franklin, Leben. Who was next Okami or Sonnen.Your (mod edit)

WTF' date=' your thread is baseless. He moved up to L.H.W so he can really be tested. In my opinion he allready cleared the M.W. Div. Griffen, Leites, Cote, Irvin, Henderson, Franklin rematch, Marquardt, Lutter, Franklin, Leben. Who was next Okami or Sonnen.Your a joke kid.[/quote']

Then if he wants to be tested there he needs to relinquish his title. No reason keeping a belt he won't defend. He still has competition at MW and Hendo, Nate and Vitor especcially. All of them are threats to taking his title. And I would still love to see a rematch with Okami(even though he just lost to Sonnen).

Vitor isnt ready for him anyway. i say set up a Belfort/Marquardt match for the interim MW title. granted they could arguably lose a MW title contender, but not like that really matters when the champ is willing to fight at a different weight class anyway. this is where the UFC needs to develop more people since they arent going to resign Hendo.

Then if he wants to be tested there he needs to relinquish his title. No reason keeping a belt he won't defend. He still has competition at MW and Hendo' date=' Nate and Vitor especcially. All of them are threats to taking his title. And I would still love to see a rematch with Okami(even though he just lost to Sonnen).[/quote']

wow you must really hate Okami lol

Vitor isnt ready for him anyway. i say set up a Belfort/Marquardt match for the interim MW title. granted they could arguably lose a MW title contender' date=' but not like that really matters when the champ is willing to fight at a different weight class anyway. this is where the UFC needs to develop more people since they arent going to resign Hendo.[/quote']

Agreed.

I still think he's a threat to him but he needs more time to settle back into things.

Agreed.

I still think he's a threat to him but he needs more time to settle back into things.

i dont. i think Belfort is so overrated and that everyone is buying into the UFCs hype machine with him. he KO's Lindland.... that wouldve been impressive a few years ago. he KO'd Martin.... who hasnt, Leben did that too. not to mention that Martin has lost 6 of his last 8 fights. as for the Franklin fight..... i dont even want to comment on that. Franklin was hit with a phantom punch and dropped. Franklins entire career goes against him getting dropped by a phantom punch or even "one-shot" for that matter. not saying he took a dive or anything, but if u think about it Franklin and Forrest (from the Forrest/Anderson fight) are two of the few fighters that could arguably take falls and no one would take hold since they are so fan friendly win or lose. especially with the way the UFC hyped Belfort up into that fight. but i digress, i dont want to accuse or start a debate on that. i am just going to let it go as if it never happened.

lately Belfort has also been showing that he is a slow starter. he is timid to get into that first exchange. Belfort is fast, but sloppy. Anderson is fast and accurate. on the ground.... they are even, if not Anderson having the advantage. Belfort might have more "brute" strength but i guarantee that wont matter at all when they fight.

i haven't liked anderson in a long time. he's two faced. and lately he acts as if he owns the UFC and he can do anything he wants. and his manager sourez or w/e his name is, is a chump. he always messes up the translations, like when anderson insulted the fans and he said something completely different as translation, and he acts as if he's the one fighting, not anderson or machida. and the way dana white says something at a press conference, then sitting right there will challenge him by saying that it wont happen (when dana said he'll make silva vs machida happen, and silva said that it wont). i dont know how white puts up with this ****. or anyone in zuffa for that matter.

if ufc didnt drop the ball with hendo they could have hendo vs marquardt for interim title. guess they can do marquardt vs belfort. that would be a good fight.

I definitely think Silva is trying to pull a Fedor and muscle his way into choosing his own fights. Vitor could return to top form if not better much like shogun and pull a victory out of this fight. Not to mention Silva and Vitor trained together at Black House, which says alot due to the fact that Silva is EXTREMELY private about his training. I'm sureVitor and his team will pull something useful from that.

my reason isn't any one of the following but the combination of: i had my doubts he deserved a title shot, ****y, his last two title defenses were horrible (and i don't blame Cote, Leites exclusively), his fight with Griffin was horrible on Griffin's part (i give Griffin the win over himself. while i don't blame Silva for Griffin, I was not in awe of Silva after that embarrasing defeat), the delay of a Hendo rematch (which i think Henderson would win), refusal of fighting Machida (what's the point of moving up in weight? oh yeah... you're boring), and all in all, i'd say maybe only 1/2 of all his fights in the UFC have been impressive. i'm not saying he sucks. i'm just not really interesting in seeing his fights because he's a one trick pony, which is broing. i'm also one of the few that thinks GSP could take him, but that's beside the point. i just think he's boring, which is a horrible thing to say about a belt holder.

i got a feeling Silva doesn't want a re-match with Hendo because he might not get another submission after receiving another beating. Maybe this is why they aren't signing him again. but don't listen to me. i think Silva is the worst title holder yet.

now i have seen some rubbish written on these forums before but surely this is the most idiotic statement ever written in the history of the written word! Please tell me you are joking!

Yeah but just because hes boring to you doesnt mean hes the worst title holder in UFC. Thats just lame. I think maybe his style bores you if anything. He takes most of the first round as a feeler, getting the other guys timing and seeing what kind of moves he throws. Then in the second round hes thinking a move ahead of the opponents move for a counter. If Anderson has you hurt and smells blood hes looking for a KO dont you worry. I think hes very smart, hes not like a Paul Taylor who will stand and brawl with you (mind you, I dig Paul Taylor as a fighter alot), hes more calculated.

i dont. i think Belfort is so overrated and that everyone is buying into the UFCs hype machine with him. he KO's Lindland.... that wouldve been impressive a few years ago. he KO'd Martin.... who hasnt' date=' Leben did that too. not to mention that Martin has lost 6 of his last 8 fights. as for the Franklin fight..... i dont even want to comment on that. Franklin was hit with a phantom punch and dropped. Franklins entire career goes against him getting dropped by a phantom punch or even "one-shot" for that matter. not saying he took a dive or anything, but if u think about it Franklin and Forrest (from the Forrest/Anderson fight) are two of the few fighters that could arguably take falls and no one would take hold since they are so fan friendly win or lose. especially with the way the UFC hyped Belfort up into that fight. but i digress, i dont want to accuse or start a debate on that. i am just going to let it go as if it never happened.

lately Belfort has also been showing that he is a slow starter. he is timid to get into that first exchange. Belfort is fast, but sloppy. Anderson is fast and accurate. on the ground.... they are even, if not Anderson having the advantage. Belfort might have more "brute" strength but i guarantee that wont matter at all when they fight.[/quote']

Yes, I agree to a certain extent. The UFC is trying to hype him up to be an unstoppable monster that has torn through all the best. He had some lackluster preformances and as soon as he started picking up his old ways Dana seen him as a new product. The UFC tends to do that alot. And about him being a slow starter that can be true but with Lindland he put him away quick. But as you said it's not as impressive now as it would have been a few years ago.

But at the same time I've always thought he was a great, quick young force to be reckoned with. He does have some fast hands and knockout power that would be trouble for anyone. Do I think it will stump Anderson? No. Give him some trouble? Yes. Silva really does have amazing accuracy and precision, I see him beeing able to pick him apart. But Vitor still has that punchers chance and his punches are better than most. I'm pretty sure Anderson would just win again but I won't count him out. We still need to to test him against some other top MW's before we through him in there with The Spider.

Silva needs to man up, stop wearing ludicrous pink shirts, and stop telling people Machida won all 5 rounds against Shogun. He's shooting blanks now, and looking like a diva.

GSP is easily a better P4P fighter than Silva. His domination over all WW top competition makes Silva's UFC run (although good), look tame.

Anderson is afraid of Vitor, plain and simple. He knows full well what's inside those newly determined fists of the Phenom. Hell I'd be afraid too - but I'd still fight, and wouldn't dance around making statements that he's not worthy of a shot. Man up Silva, and finish out your UFC career with 3 MW title defenses, if you can hang onto it that long.

what!?! nate beating vitor? no way' date=' vitor has been through more wars. vitor would run right through nate[/quote']

I don't see either of them running through eachother. I think it'd be a great fight to watch. Nate is a solid fighter and he always finds a way to win. That fight could go either way.

I think he should relinquish his title' date=' and if he does, Belfort will have it... I can't think of any one person in the MW Division that can take this guy.[/quote']

I think Hendo can take out the Phenom. If Anderson wasn't in the division it'd be mayhem. Nate, Okami, Sonnen, Akiyama, Cote, Palharres, Wanderlei, Bisping, Drwal, Kang, Maia, Belcher, Gouveia, Belfort, and maybe getting Hendo back and Franklin dropping back down to MW. Damn the whole division is stacked.

Would be crazy as hell!

he is a punk! i dont mean to talk too much trash on him because he is arguably the best p4p fighter' date=' but is he really about to go a whole year without giving someone a title shot. i dont care about the elbow or whatever. this is rediculous. why did he haveto go and fight forrest when he could have fought someone at middle weight. it pathetic. i would rather see him destroy someone for the belt than move up a weight class and destroy someone[/quote']

the annoying thing is he's messing with peoples careers, if he wont fight machida for the title he should stay at middleweight. so griffin couldnt beat him, fair enough but what is silva going to do with that win? nothing at all, where as griffin could've fought a different fighter and won or still lost but atleast the match would have meant something. it knocked griffin right down the ladder for nothing. Silva may be better but whats he trying to do? its just having nothing really for MW fighters...they are lining up for deserved title shots but he's trying to become this superman fighter that nobody can touch...well either fight for the LHW belt or stay in MW. you got dan and nate both sat waiting for a title shot and the rate silva is going they'll be retired lol. he can say when he's retired that he held the belt for say 4 years...but the way he's going thats about 4 fights. he should pick a weight and be done with it. people like hendo would fight seriously in both weight classes and not have this kiddy crap about .he's my friend'

silva moved up to LHW because he dominated the whole MW division.he can defend his title but the problem is who will challenge him.he fought top ranking MW like hendo,marquardt and franklin.he steps up because recently nobody is ready for a title shot.right now there are righteous challengers like marquardt who have remarkable wins after his lost to silva and vitor wherein he admittedly told that marquardt deserves the title shot more than him.if he can't defend the title due to injury,probably an interim fight would take place.stepping up is not avoiding to defend the title but looking for new challenge.

silva moved up to LHW because he dominated the whole MW division.he can defend his title but the problem is who will challenge him.he fought top ranking MW like hendo' date='marquardt and franklin.he steps up because recently nobody is ready for a title shot.right now there are righteous challengers like marquardt who have remarkable wins after his lost to silva and vitor wherein he admittedly told that marquardt deserves the title shot more than him.if he can't defend the title due to injury,probably an interim fight would take place.stepping up is not avoiding to defend the title but looking for new challenge.[/quote']

i know what you're saying, he is the best at MW, won't have it said he's the best LHW because he's not trying to get the belt, thats the problem. I think before long the hype around him will make him a bit too ****y and end up getting a slap. Look at wandy vs rampage...2 complete beatings for rampage, then he comes out and whacks him one in the 3rd...that shows that if you deserve another fight, then another you should get it regardless of the past but with silva playing his games its also playing with the careers of others. Its fine to play around 2 weights but if you're the champ in one and deserved people are not getting a shot at the title then there's a problem

When you reach the top, you can only come back down. Its easier to fight to the top claiming the title then to defend your top rank. I dont know why the UFC havent given the title shot to Marquardt or Henderson already, both have come off great knockouts that will be on the next knockout dvd, and both have little win streaks. I guess it makes for better marketing, money and hype to do a Vitor vs Silva, and the UFC at the end of the day seems more of a business then a sports league.

Silva did just get surgery on his elbow. I don't have any problem with a fighter not fighting due to injury. If he's pulling a "I trained with him 3 years ago so I can't fight him" stunt, then F him. The problem with him moving up in a weight class, is that he's already said that he won't fight Machida. If you won't fight the champ, what are you doing in that weight class? I also love how he is mad at Belfort for wanting to fight him. Like he is supposed to just wait while his prime years fade away, for the chance to fight somebody else for the title. Silva is possibly the most exciting fighter in all of MMA, but he is a prima donna. No doubt about it.

Vitor isnt ready for him anyway. i say set up a Belfort/Marquardt match for the interim MW title. granted they could arguably lose a MW title contender' date=' but not like that really matters when the champ is willing to fight at a different weight class anyway. this is where the UFC needs to develop more people since they arent going to resign Hendo.[/quote']

broken record

silva is the best in the world, nuff said! cant believe people want to see him beat up hendo or marquardt again hahaha, he has no competition in mw, but that is his weight class. I really hope hendo and nate fight, or nate and vitor, if hendo doesnt resign! Would love to see ando vs fedor, so Anderson could finally prove that he is the best pound for pound in the world!

Archived