Vote for the best finisher

chedderboss

I had made a post with my top 10 finishers, vote on who you think is the best finisher of all time:

Wanderli Silva (23kos / 3 submissions) 6 Dec

Melvin Manhoef (22kos out of 23 wins !) 1 Dec

Mirko Cro Cop (19kos / 3 submissions) 3 Ded

Shogun Rua (15ko / 1 submission) 2 Dec

Paul Daley (17 kos / 1 submission) 4 Dec

Anderson silva (15ko / 4 submissions) 6 Dec

Shane Carwin (6ko / 5 submissions) No Dec

Alistair Overeem (11ko / 19 submissions) 1 Dec

Gegard Mousasi (15kos / 9 submissions) 2 Dec

Chuck Liddell ( 13ko / 1 submission) 7 Dec

I've got to go with Shane Carwin because he has yet to go to a decision and he is undefeated. Obviously he doesn't have as many fights as some of the other guys on that list but when you have ended every single one of your fights you have to be considered. He's the only one on that list to have no decisions.

I've got to go with Shane Carwin because he has yet to go to a decision and he is undefeated. Obviously he doesn't have as many fights as some of the other guys on that list but when you have ended every single one of your fights you have to be considered. He's the only one on that list to have no decisions.

again these are up and comers how can u compare them with the guys on the list minus Pual Daley

Manhoef and Wanderlei all day long.

ok ive gone through wandys whole record and the only significant fighter hes KO'd is rampage, besides that the next biggest name on his STOPPAGE list is keith jardine, most of his KO's come against japanese bums.

and manhoef again against a bunch of relitive unknown fighters.

shogun has KO'd overeem twice, chuck liddell, rampage, coleman, randalman, arona.

im just saying against top flight opposition shogun has finished most of them, wandy has had the most spectacular KO's for sure but shogun has finished the better opposition

ok ive gone through wandys whole record and the only significant fighter hes KO'd is rampage' date=' besides that the next biggest name on his STOPPAGE list is keith jardine, most of his KO's come against japanese bums.

shogun has KO'd overeem twice, chuck liddell, rampage, coleman, randalman, arona.

im just saying against top flight opposition shogun has finished most of them, wandy has had the most spectacular KO's for sure but shogun has finished the better opposition[/quote']

That's true but I really looked at who is the BEST at finishing fights, not who has finished the BEST fighters.

not only rhat but none of his fights got out of the first round !

i wanted to put brett rogers but since he had one slip into the second i thought id wait till after the fedor fight and then see whats up

a little dissapointed in you

forgot to add Vitor Belfort

of his 19 fights- 13 KO's 2 Subs' date=' that leaves only 4 fights to a decision victory[/quote']

yeah he was close but i couldnt see him taking anyone except chuck off the list and personally id put him above chuck but to many people would cry chuck isnt there .

Manhoef and Wanderlei all day long.

My top 2

ok ive gone through wandys whole record and the only significant fighter hes KO'd is rampage' date=' besides that the next biggest name on his STOPPAGE list is keith jardine, most of his KO's come against japanese bums.

im just saying against top flight opposition shogun has finished most of them, wandy has had the most spectacular KO's for sure but shogun has finished the better opposition[/quote']

That's true but I really looked at who is the BEST at finishing fights' date=' not who has finished the BEST fighters.[/quote']

couldnt have said it any better by friend^

no Fedor?

what about the guy with more finishes than ANYONE - Jeremy Horn?

I went more for knockouts horn and fedor are up there but i went more for ko power and sumbmissions were bonus points.

also i have to say its interesting that so many people voted to anderson.

My top 2

couldnt have said it any better by friend^

I went more for knockouts horn and fedor are up there but i went more for ko power and sumbmissions were bonus points.

also i have to say its interesting that so many people voted to anderson.

are you really surprise?? anderson pretty much finished all his fights in devastating form in the ufc.. Only fight he couldnt finish was against leites who just fell on the ground all the time..

Also the fight against cote but i dont really count that one since cote got injured and anderson pretty much toyed with cote for 3 rounds ..

are you really surprise?? anderson pretty much finished all his fights in devastating form in the ufc.. Only fight he couldnt finish was against leites who just fell on the ground all the time..

Also the fight against cote but i dont really count that one since cote got injured and anderson pretty much toyed with cote for 3 rounds ..

silva has had 6 decision wins, im only surprised because he is a better fighter then most of the other guys but isnt a true ko artist like alot of these guys who go in throughing bombs to end the other guys night, he fights defensive and smart and lands good counter punches which knock people out easier then a regular bomb.

silva has had 6 decision wins' date=' im only surprised because he is a better fighter then most of the other guys but isnt a true ko artist like alot of these guys who go in throughing bombs to end the other guys night, he fights defensive and smart and lands good counter punches which knock people out easier then a regular bomb.[/quote']

look at his record in the ufc

8 wins by finishing

1 by decision

1 tko due to injury

Being a counter striker doesnt mean you are not a finisher , thats the dumbest thing i ve heard...

look at his record in the ufc

8 wins by finishing

1 by decision

1 tko due to injury

Being a counter striker doesnt mean you are not a finisher ' date=' thats the dumbest thing i ve heard...[/quote']

you obviously arent reading what iam saying i said im surprised people voted for him compared to the other people avaibale to vote for. being a counter striker doesnt mean your not a finisher but silva wouldnt be finishing fights if he faught less aggersive fighters. Silva is a finisher and i didnt say he wasnt but how can you compare silvas layed back wait till you throw a punch then counter kos to wanderlis run at you swinging till your dead.

you obviously arent reading what iam saying i said im surprised people voted for him compared to the other people avaibale to vote for. being a counter striker doesnt mean your not a finisher but silva wouldnt be finishing fights if he faught less aggersive fighters. Silva is a finisher and i didnt say he wasnt but how can you compare silvas layed back wait till you throw a punch then counter kos to wanderlis run at you swinging till your dead.

Your title says finisher and silva finishes fights..

I can not say the same for wandy , his careless style is the reason for him getting beat in the ufc... Being a counter striker does not mean you can not be the best finisher..

Actually being a counter striking is the best way to finish fights

Also what you are saying about silva fighting less agressive fighters does not make sense at all.. Silva may not be a wanderlei silva but he is agressive by setting up his counter strikers..

Why do you think silva drop his hands down and goes right in front of his opponent , he is a lot different than machida when it comes to setting up his counter strike... Not only that but silva in so many of his fights have been the aggressor , he knows when to attack and usually when he does attack his precision makes him so dangerous...

Silva can be laid back and counter strike , or he can push his opponent to swing at him and he can also be aggresive when the time is right ...

Just to summarize my point i tell you why silva is the best finisher in the ufc

1 He is an amazing counter striker - self explanatory

2 He is excellent at setting counter strikers- If his opponent refuses to be the agressor silva is perfect for making his opponent attack him , one of his main tactic is to put his hands down and his face right in front of his opponent

3 He can became an excellent aggresive fighter- A lot of people dont give credit to silva but when he decides to attack if usually means the other fighter is going to get hurt , he picks the perfect time to lunch his attacks and when he does they are usually combos ( punches , kicks , kneess ) ex rich franklin and many more

4 He has some good submissions - he is a black belt and we have seen silva finishing top ground fighters in the ground ex henderson , marquart , lutter

All the guys you posted , ( the majority ) are one punch wonders, henderson ko bisping with his eyes close , wandelei silva is easy to figured out..

The best finisher is someone unpredictible , someone that posseses the more tools to finish a fight and right now anderson is the man

Now if you want to talk about who is the more aggresive fighter then you may have a point but your title clearly says best finisher ,not most agressive fighter

sakuraba is a japanese bum? lmao get a clue.

Your title says finisher and silva finishes fights..

I can not say the same for wandy ' date=' his careless style is the reason for him getting beat in the ufc... Being a counter striker does not mean you can not be the best finisher..

Actually being a counter striking is the best way to finish fights

Also what you are saying about silva fighting less agressive fighters does not make sense at all.. Silva may not be a wanderlei silva but he is agressive by setting up his counter strikers..

Why do you think silva drop his hands down and goes right in front of his opponent , he is a lot different than machida when it comes to setting up his counter strike... Not only that but silva in so many of his fights have been the aggressor , he knows when to attack and usually when he does attack his precision makes him so dangerous...

Silva can be laid back and counter strike , or he can push his opponent to swing at him and he can also be aggresive when the time is right ...[/quote']

alright you fail dont post on this thread again man i told you to read,

i said silva is a good finisher and i put him on the list if you didnt notice.

all i said is he was acounter puncher and isnt as agressive as some of the people on this list. and the reason wandy lost the fights in the ufc is because rampage is a beast and hit him with a really nice shot, and hes smaller then chuck and rich and they used there reach against his aggersiveness. DONT make another post about how anderson is a finisher i know hes good but all iam saying is he has been in some boring slow fights, wanderli hasnt.

alright you fail dont post on this thread again man i told you to read' date='

i said silva is a good finisher and i put him on the list if you didnt notice.

all i said is he was acounter puncher and isnt as agressive as some of the people on this list. and the reason wandy lost the fights in the ufc is because rampage is a beast and hit him with a really nice shot, and hes smaller then chuck and rich and they used there reach against his aggersiveness. DONT make another post about how anderson is a finisher i know hes good but all iam saying is he has been in some boring slow fights, wanderli hasnt.[/quote']

you are nobody to tell me where to post ..and I post wheever the hell i please ...

I hope you got that noob

Archived