Bahna Vs. Lil Nog set for 106

BlackSanta

Dont think this has been posted...if it was then have a field day mods...but if you look on ufc.com under events and click 106...it shows Luiz Cane Vs. Rogerio Noguiera.

Yea it has, but I still love hearing about this fight. It is going to be one of my favorites of the year. Two great fighters who in my opinion have flown a little under the radar.

Cane/Lil Nog has potential to be FOTN. great match up. tough fight imo for Lil Nogs first UFC fight. i hope people dont get Lil Nog confused with Big Nog. either one could win in this match up imo.

Cane is versed on the ground, but better standing up then Nog. Nog on the other hand is good standing, but better on the ground then Cane. i think this will be exciting and i am going to take Cane in this. i think he will win most of the stand up and i think he will be too strong to be taken to the ground so easily. back and forth fight, got Cane by decision.

the OP said its on ufc.com ?? & I believed him ... :(

yeah lol was just clearing that up.. i think they threw it on and then took it back off.. cause even wikipedia says it got the info from UFC.com and its not there..

hopefully this fight does happen.... and am sure theyve been training for eachother for atleast 2 months cause i remember talk about them fighting at 106 back in september..

FYI lil N0G has been looking great in his last few fights.. hes on a 5 win streak with 4 finishes.. 3 by knockout and 1 submission..

This saves 106 for sure. Friggin amazing matchup. Rogerio and Bahna, could easily be FOTN.

106 looks solid regardless of the dropout of Lesnar/Carwin.

Cane/Nog

Kos/Rumble

Karo/Hazelett

Baroni/Sadollah - if nothing more than to laugh at Phil. BTW, why does the event page list Baroni at 6-5, when his record is 13-11? He doesn't have 11 UFC fights, so it's not his UFC record either.

I'm stoked to see Hazelett back in the cage. I'd like to see Maia drop to WW (where he should be anyway) and fight Dustin - would be an off the charts Jiu Jitsu display.

cane and nog is a very interesting match up, but im pulling for nog because of the historic nogeira name! i think sokoudjou had a really quick upset over him, but if he trains hard as he has done in the past he should be able to pull it out... but cane is no gimme for a first fight! geez

cane and nog is a very interesting match up' date=' but im pulling for nog because of the historic nogeira name! i think sokoudjou had a really quick upset over him, but if he trains hard as he has done in the past he should be able to pull it out... but cane is no gimme for a first fight! geez[/quote']

"The African Assassin -over- The Armenian Assassin" .. that is a bold prediction & would be quite an upset .. :eek:

cane and nog is a very interesting match up' date=' but im pulling for nog because of the historic nogeira name! i think sokoudjou had a really quick upset over him, but if he trains hard as he has done in the past he should be able to pull it out... but cane is no gimme for a first fight! geez[/quote']

Yup, I'm with you on the Nogueira history. Will definitely be rooting for Rogerio in this one, but I'm impressed with the little I've seen of Bahna and forsee a bright future win or lose.

As somebody else noted earlier, Bahna and Thiago Silva really don't like each other, and I'm excited for this to come to a head down the road.

With the additions of Cane and Little Nog, the LHW division just got a much needed kick in the ****. There's two fighters I'll give Dana mad props for getting into the UFC.

"The African Assassin -over- The Armenian Assassin" .. that is a bold prediction & would be quite an upset .. :eek:

No he wasn't calling Sokoudjou to beat Mousasi, he was referencing Sokoudou beating Little Nog back in Pride.

Anybody who is predicting Sokoudjou over Mousasi is definitely treading bold, possibly legally insane. Although, he's shocked us before. I got big things for Mousasi, so I don't see how he loses this fight. Argh, the wait!

wait, no i didnt mean i think sokoudjou would beat mousasi, i think mousasi will win. But i meant that sokoudjou had an upset over nog in pride... props to him for winning the fight but it was a real quick left hand that hit lil nog and knocked him out which left me thinking upset because lil nog is better than that usually

wait' date=' no i didnt mean i think sokoudjou would beat mousasi, i think mousasi will win. But i meant that sokoudjou had an upset over nog in pride... props to him for winning the fight but it was a real quick left hand that hit lil nog and knocked him out which left me thinking upset because lil nog is better than that usually[/quote']

At the time, it was a massive upset. I think Little Nog overlooked him.

At the time' date=' it was a massive upset. I think Little Nog overlooked him.[/quote']

definitely true, but nobody really knew too much of him, just the little bit of fighting he did before. i think nog was expecting a pushover and this was no time to be thinking he was that, he has the skill to be a good gatekeeper but not a champion... but with that being said if you overlook someone like him, you have the chance in being outworked or knocked out! haha nog found that out

No he wasn't calling Sokoudjou to beat Mousasi' date=' he was referencing Sokoudou beating Little Nog back in Pride.

Anybody who is predicting Sokoudjou over Mousasi is definitely treading bold, possibly legally insane. Although, he's shocked us before. I got big things for Mousasi, so I don't see how he loses this fight. Argh, the wait![/quote']

ok .. my misread, I could not relate Soukoudjous' quickie to Rognog/Banha ...

... I just put the whammy on Dreamcatcher, lol ... yeah, you can look for the upset now !

As somebody else noted earlier' date=' Bahna and Thiago Silva really don't like each other, and I'm excited for this to come to a head down the road.

[/quote']

They are training partners at ATT. According to Thiago Silva, they do not hate each other.......which is kind of a shame because it would make a really good fight.

Cane/Lil Nog has potential to be FOTN. great match up. tough fight imo for Lil Nogs first UFC fight. i hope people dont get Lil Nog confused with Big Nog. either one could win in this match up imo.

Cane is versed on the ground' date=' but better standing up then Nog. Nog on the other hand is good standing, but better on the ground then Cane. i think this will be exciting and i am going to take Cane in this. i think he will win most of the stand up and i think he will be too strong to be taken to the ground so easily. back and forth fight, got Cane by decision.[/quote']

it's debatable standing. Cane has more power but Nogueira is much more technical

They are training partners at ATT. According to Thiago Silva' date=' they do not hate each other.......which is kind of a shame because it would make a really good fight.[/quote']

Hmmm I don't wanna look it up but before in the past he had a huge grudge with Thiago and Wandy. When i get bored later today at work I will try to find it. I read it about 2 weeks ago so let me see if i can find it.

Luis Cane says rivalry with Thiago Silva can be settled in the octagon

UFC light heavyweight, Luis “Banha” Cane has revealed that he and fellow Brazilian, Thiago Silva once had a heated rivalry in San Paulo and if Silva wants to settle it he knows where to find him.

Speaking to UFC.com ahead of his UFC 97 clash with Steve Cantwell, Cane revealed about Silva:

“The rivalry existed; it was not just a little one but that is in the past. Today, I am focused on my work, on the path to reaching my goals and do not have a rivalry any more. If someone has a problem with me, it can be resolved in the Octagon of the UFC.”

Cane has looked impressive since his UFC debut in December 2007, showing an iron jaw and knockout power that has quickly made him a crowd favourite. A fight with Silva would be entertaining to say the least and you never know what might happen if both men are successful next time out.

By Michael Pepper.

I got bored so I looked it up. its an old Article but this is what I read.

Archived