Marius Zaromskis: The next big thing at WW?

Wenze

Anyone else quickly becoming a huge fan of this guy? He's got, in my opinion, the best head kicks since Cro Cop was in his prime along with a solid ground game and an extremely aggressive style. He's quickly rising in the ranks with dominant performances like he just put on at Dream 12 and now that he's signed with Strikeforce, has potential fights with the likes of Shields and Miller to look forward to.

Anyone else quickly becoming a huge fan of this guy? He's got' date=' in my opinion, the best head kicks since Cro Cop was in his prime along with a solid ground game and an extremely aggressive style. He's quickly rising in the ranks with dominant performances like he just put on at Dream 12 and now that he's signed with Strikeforce, has potential fights with the likes of Shields and Miller to look forward to.[/quote']

Actually heard of the guy and started checking his fights out a while ago. He didn't seem to good off his back, defended alright, but didn't threaten. His head kicks are nuts. Hope he does well.

Actually heard of the guy and started checking his fights out a while ago. He didn't seem to good off his back' date=' defended alright, but didn't threaten. His head kicks are nuts. Hope he does well.[/quote']

Armbar was all over this cat a few fights back and got me checking into his fights. As noted, he's rough off his back, which doesn't fare well against GSP - but his striking, particularly his kicks, is off the charts. 3 straight headkick KOs if I'm not mistaken.

Already being touted as the next Cro Cop.....would love to see it happen.

Lets not talk about him vs GSP yet...but I am interested in something like him vs. the pitbull Alves...both are stand up guys.

Well, considering he just signed with StrikeForce who are cross-promoting with DREAM, he won't be fighting Thiago any time soon. Although I would definitely pay to see that.

I am interested to see who he fights next though, as far as I can find there hasn't been an announcement yet on his next fight.

Well' date=' considering he just signed with StrikeForce who are cross-promoting with DREAM, he won't be fighting Thiago any time soon. Although I would definitely pay to see that.

I am interested to see who he fights next though, as far as I can find there hasn't been an announcement yet on his next fight.[/quote']

i'd like to see him fight joe riggs for his first SF bout. I think he'd do well.

The guy is fun to watch. I was watching him throughout the WW Grand Prix in Dream and had no idea who he was. I don't really remember his first outing in the first round as very memorable. However, the upset over Sakurai was eye opening and then the devastating KO over Jason High was insane. The guy is a total beast with his standup and you can tell that his confidence level has increased dramatically as he's settled into Dream. His last fight he came out with a flying knee and completely dominated his opponent. I can't wait to see his guy fight some of the other WW's in Strikeforce, specifically Shields.

The guy is fun to watch. I was watching him throughout the WW Grand Prix in Dream and had no idea who he was. I don't really remember his first outing in the first round as very memorable. However' date=' the upset over Sakurai was eye opening and then the devastating KO over Jason High was insane. The guy is a total beast with his standup and you can tell that his confidence level has increased dramatically as he's settled into Dream. His last fight he came out with a flying knee and completely dominated his opponent. I can't wait to see his guy fight some of the other WW's in Strikeforce, [b']specifically Shields[/b].

Although I would love to see that, I don't think it'll happen just yet. After all, it'll be his first fight under the StrikeForce banner.

I think a fight with Riggs or Lawlor would be a better bet.

Archived