Paul Heyman explains why Lesnar is missing UFC 106

The_Power

Brock Lesnar's friend and former WWE manager Paul Heyman has written a blog detailing the recent health issues of UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, who had to pull out of a title defense later this month due to illness. To read the full blog, visit http://HeymanHustle.com

“It was about three and a half weeks ago, when I was on the phone with Brock, and he sounded just so tired,” Heyman wrote. “I asked him if this training camp was harder than the others. He shocked me with his answer. ‘I’m just exhausted,’ he admitted, ‘I train, I come home, and I crash. I’m going to take a day or two off and just try to shake this thing.’ That was hint number one. Something was wrong.

“About a week later, Brock told me he was behind in his training camp. ‘I’m still going to beat Shane Carwin’s ****,” Brock said ‘then let’s go ice fishing or something. Whatever I have, it’s throwing me off my game.’??Uh oh. Hint number two. NOTHING throws Brock Lesnar off his game. Not injury, as I’ve seen him work through those. Not personal turmoil. I’ve seen his home life get turned upside down. He works through that as well.”

Heyman says Brock Lesnar has a great responsibility to compete at the highest level and simply cannot fight without proper training.

“He really had no choice. He’s worked so hard, for so long, to find his passion in life. And now that he’s found it, he’s not going to half-**** a fight, whether Shane Carwin is the man to take the title from Brock, or whether Brock could whip Shane Carwin’s **** even if he’s battling pneumonia, swine flu, diarrhea, gonorrhea, syphilis, and sickle cell. The point is that Brock Lesnar could not train properly for a fight that would most likely be purchased by upwards of 1,000,000 people.,” Heyman said. “More people are expected to pay to see Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin on pay per view than this year’s WWE Wrestlemania. Just think about the responsibility of being that main event fighter.”

Heyman rejects any claims that Lesnar is full of himself and reveals that the champ passed on what could have been an epic movie role.

“As for being spoiled by success, that’s LOL-funny. Brock has turned down movie roles, including an easy generous payday to do a fight scene with Dwayne “Don’t Call Me Rock” Johnson. He’s not looking for prime time exposure except when he steps into the Octagon and defends his title."

I dislike Brock but let's be fair here, if he can't train properly do you want to see a bad fight out of him for the title? I want him to be in the best shape possible so that we truly know whether or not he's legit. That way nobody can say "he only lost cause he was sick" because even if it was the case I dont want any variables.

Carwin said he also has nagging injuries and it gives him time to heal up. Carwin also said if he was Brock, he would have done the same thing. It's a title fight and he wants to come in prepared. Nothing wrong with that.

Though this is still worse for Carwin, who has been training for a while now. He may be over trained and under focused by the time he gets in the cage after all these fight changes and delays.

I dislike Brock but let's be fair here' date=' if he can't train properly do you want to see a bad fight out of him for the title? I want him to be in the best shape possible so that we truly know whether or not he's legit. That way nobody can say "he only lost cause he was sick" because even if it was the case I dont want any variables.

Carwin said he also has nagging injuries and it gives him time to heal up. Carwin also said if he was Brock, he would have done the same thing. It's a title fight and he wants to come in prepared. Nothing wrong with that.

Though this is still worse for Carwin, who has been training for a while now. He may be over trained and under focused by the time he gets in the cage after all these fight changes and delays.[/quote']

I agree 100% I think that is also a part of the game plan to keep Carwin from being 100% focused. Say what you will but Carwin said he was also going to fight if he was sick or not, in my eyes that is the heart of a champion.

I agree 100% I think that is also a part of the game plan to keep Carwin from being 100% focused. Say what you will but Carwin said he was also going to fight if he was sick or not' date=' in my eyes that is the heart of a champion.[/quote']

Yeah man Carwin is a beast. Here's the thing that sucks about being in Carwin's shoes: You literally HAVE to come ready to fight for the title. How many people over the years have we seen get injured (or sick) while training for their title fight? Now of those how many actually went onto getting a fight rescheduled? Title shows can literally be a once in a lifetime opportunity and Carwin seemed to realize this. My hat off to him.

In Lesnar's situation though I really do respect him pulling out. I read this bit earlier on my MMAtorch app and Heyman's comments seemed pretty serious. Say what you will about "oh he's such a wuss pulling out for the sniffles" and stuff like that but people (READ: PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME) are going to pay money to see this fight on PPV and even more will throw down top dollar to see it live. The last thing anyone needs is another Mir vs Big Nog situation where we find out someone came into a fight in absolutely dreadful condition - you know, like way worse than usual.

By the way another +10 to whoever said you try cutting 40+ pounds when your sick!

I agree 100% I think that is also a part of the game plan to keep Carwin from being 100% focused. Say what you will but Carwin said he was also going to fight if he was sick or not' date=' in my eyes that is the heart of a champion.[/quote']

Anyone who says brock pussied out is just a Brock hater. Hes the champion and he wants to stay champion. Going into a Fight with a Man like Shane Carwin after having a sub-par training camp prob does not give u good odds of keeping your title.

there are some rumors going around that Dana was not happy of how this fight was sold and wanted to push it back. setting up a big new years ppv being 108 to make a bit more money.

......id believe this before ever believing Brock being scared to fight someone ......please with that

All i got out of that was he was tired after working out.ummm ok big deal it still didnt say what he was sick with if anything.and hey if big nog can still get out there and fight after getting staph then brock pulling out cause he is exhausted just sounds weak to me.i like the guy as a fighter but that really dosnt show much heart

All i got out of that was he was tired after working out.ummm ok big deal it still didnt say what he was sick with if anything.and hey if big nog can still get out there and fight after getting staph then brock pulling out cause he is exhausted just sounds weak to me.i like the guy as a fighter but that really dosnt show much heart

I think it's alot different when u have the title...he has alot more to lose then carwin

I read the article on Heyman website and he doesn't point out the exact sickness that Brock has. He only says that its an upper respiratory problem. If there is something wrong with Brock, then I would want him to get better and train for the fight. No one wants to a mediocre fight when it comes to the Championship. We want to see the best fight ever and thats what Lesnar and Carwin want.

If there is something wrong with Brock' date=' then I would want him to get better and train for the fight. [b']No one wants to a mediocre fight[/b]...

Yeah we wouldn't want to have to watch Brock lay his fat **** on someone for the entire fight...oh wait, we already saw that with Herring. Oh well, apparently Lesnar fans enjoy mediocre fights so it's all right.

Yeah we wouldn't want to have to watch Brock lay his fat **** on someone for the entire fight...oh wait' date=' we already saw that with Herring. Oh well, apparently Lesnar fans enjoy mediocre fights so it's all right.[/quote']

i enjoyed that Brock beating on Herring more then any other fight Brock has had. I bet herring is still pissing blood after that fight.

Brock laying on top of him the whole fight ????

How did Heath Herrings face turn out like this???

http://sportchitchat.com/wp-content/plugins/hot-linked-image-cacher/upload///Heath-Herring.jpg

i enjoyed that Brock beating on Herring more then any other fight Brock has had. I bet herring is still pissing blood after that fight.

Brock laying on top of him the whole fight ????

How did Heath Herrings face turn out like this???

http://sportchitchat.com/wp-content/plugins/hot-linked-image-cacher/upload///Heath-Herring.jpg

Every fight Brocks had has shown medicare MMA skills at best. He's pathetic.

And look what happened to NOG, he got his **** kicked by Mir

then came all the 'excuses' that he wasnt fully fit and if he was he would have beat Mir... Boring

Im glad the fight been postponed.... When they do fight both fighters will have no excuses.

If Carwin beats down brock, he (brock) cant use the i wasnt 100% fit excuse.

Who said he was unbeatable' date=' im just saying Brock doesnt back down from anybody without a good valid reason...[/quote']

And you're basing this on what exactly? His WWE career? Allow me to reiterate, THE GUY HAS ONLY HAD 5 LOUSY FIGHTS. One against a complete nobody, the second he lost, the third against a passed his prime gatekeeper, the fourth against a 50 year old LHW and the the fifth he won convincingly but with absolutely zero demonstration of MMA skill or prowess.

By this time next year after Lesanr is exposed we'll all be laughing at how foolish people were to chug-a-lug the hype.

Wow as I said before Nog can fight after being Hospitalized with Staph and Brock gets a sniffle and he is out... Paper champion anyone? He has to remember this is not the WWE and the fights are not fixed Shane will win he knows it so he is trying to hold his belt for just a little longer.

Yeh, but Big Nog is the terminator.

Wow as I said before Nog can fight after being Hospitalized with Staph and Brock gets a sniffle and he is out... Paper champion anyone? He has to remember this is not the WWE and the fights are not fixed Shane will win he knows it so he is trying to hold his belt for just a little longer.

and Nog got beat down because of that...i want a healthy as possible Brock versus and healthy as possible Carwin....I wish Nog postponed that Mir fight till he was healthy because that loss is forever

the brock haters are back! i disagree with everything you guys say because i am a lesnar fan but some of his fans can get annoying. im not saying hes god or anyhting but u cant fault the guy for dana white giving him a title shot so soon. who wouldnt take the fight? and if u really look at it no one else should have fought randy once he came back.

Champ after 4 fights - who else has done that? No-one. For someone who does his homework' date=' u seem to be forgettin 1 thing. I agree he's not the best in d world but face facts.[/quote']

I think Randy Couture got the belt shortly after he got into the UFC from the wiki it looks like his first fight in the UFC was against Kevin Randleman where he won the belt...

Brock is just a bigger version of Randy...

Brock Lesnar's friend and former WWE manager Paul Heyman has written a blog detailing the recent health issues of UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar' date=' who had to pull out of a title defense later this month due to illness. To read the full blog, visit http://HeymanHustle.com

Heyman says Brock Lesnar has a great responsibility to compete at the highest level and simply cannot fight without proper training.

Heyman rejects any claims that Lesnar is full of himself and reveals that the champ passed on what could have been an epic movie role.

Simply becouse he is a B ATCH

Archived