dan hendersons thoughts contract "I will fight marquardt if deal gets done"

chainsaw084

:D"It didn?t go quite as I hoped. Let?s put it that way. It could have been a lot better... Obviously I feel my value has gone up enough to warrant what I?ve asked for. I don?t think I?m being greedy by any means. There?s a lot of numbers being thrown around out there and I feel I should be paid what I ask for. They feel like, I guess, I?m not worth that though.

I haven?t talked to anyone [from another promotion] yet. I?m just kind of giving the UFC a chance to figure things out. I don?t want to be disrespectful in any way and I don?t want to waste anyone else?s time, like Strikeforce."

Vitor Belfort had already verbally agreed to fight Anderson Silva for the belt this January, and this did not make Henderson happy. He feels that deserves the title shot as he has already beaten Belfort before:

"Yeah, I?m not real thrilled about that. And I like Vitor. He?s a good guy and he?s been around for a long time, but I just don?t understand why he gets to jump to the front of the line, especially when I beat him... I think it?s something that might have slipped their minds, that (that fight) happened. I?m not exactly sure. You?ll have to ask them on that, but to me, that?s what it seemed like.

I don?t know what they?re thinking. They haven?t gotten back to me at all since I flew out last week. I?m not trying to pin them over a barrel or anything. I feel like I was just undervalued before, especially toward the end of my contract."

Dan Henderson earned $350,000 in his last fight, which included a $100,000 'KO of the night' bonus. He also mentioned that he's willing to fight Nate Marquardt as long as he gets this deal done, which really points to money as the sticking point of the entire deal.:D

:D"It didn?t go quite as I hoped. Let?s put it that way. It could have been a lot better... Obviously I feel my value has gone up enough to warrant what I?ve asked for. I don?t think I?m being greedy by any means. There?s a lot of numbers being thrown around out there and I feel I should be paid what I ask for. They feel like' date=' I guess, I?m not worth that though.

I haven?t talked to anyone [from another promotion'] yet. I?m just kind of giving the UFC a chance to figure things out. I don?t want to be disrespectful in any way and I don?t want to waste anyone else?s time, like Strikeforce."

Vitor Belfort had already verbally agreed to fight Anderson Silva for the belt this January, and this did not make Henderson happy. He feels that deserves the title shot as he has already beaten Belfort before:

"Yeah, I?m not real thrilled about that. And I like Vitor. He?s a good guy and he?s been around for a long time, but I just don?t understand why he gets to jump to the front of the line, especially when I beat him... I think it?s something that might have slipped their minds, that (that fight) happened. I?m not exactly sure. You?ll have to ask them on that, but to me, that?s what it seemed like.

I don?t know what they?re thinking. They haven?t gotten back to me at all since I flew out last week. I?m not trying to pin them over a barrel or anything. I feel like I was just undervalued before, especially toward the end of my contract."

Dan Henderson earned $350,000 in his last fight, which included a $100,000 'KO of the night' bonus. He also mentioned that he's willing to fight Nate Marquardt as long as he gets this deal done, which really points to money as the sticking point of the entire deal.:D

good to hear, thanks for this post

"Yeah, I?m not real thrilled about that. And I like Vitor. He?s a good guy and he?s been around for a long time, but I just don?t understand why he gets to jump to the front of the line, especially when I beat him... I think it?s something that might have slipped their minds, that (that fight) happened. I?m not exactly sure. You?ll have to ask them on that, but to me, that?s what it seemed like."

Dan, Silva already beat you pretty easy. Remember?

While I understand you want to make a big check, there is really no audience for Silva/Henderson 2.

Maybe if 1 had been closer...?

"Yeah' date=' I’m not real thrilled about that. And I like Vitor. He’s a good guy and he’s been around for a long time, but I just don’t understand why he gets to jump to the front of the line, especially when I beat him... I think it’s something that might have slipped their minds, that (that fight) happened. I’m not exactly sure. You’ll have to ask them on that, but to me, that’s what it seemed like."

[b']Dan, Silva already beat you pretty easy. Remember? [/b]

While I understand you want to make a big check, there is really no audience for Silva/Henderson 2.

Maybe if 1 had been closer...?

And Dan beat Vitor very easily.

Dan beating Vitor deosnt; make Henderson/Silva 2 any less of a joke.

Nobody wants to see Silva beat up Dan Henderson again.

Lets see him beat up someone new.

Yeah, and alot of people thought Machida was gonna knockout Shogun too. Just like some people thoguht Chuck was gonna knockout Randy in their first fight. Well he had a rematch and turned things around. I can understand why Dan wants to avenge his loss against #1 p4p fighter in the world.

"Yeah' date=' I?m not real thrilled about that. And I like Vitor. He?s a good guy and he?s been around for a long time, but I just don?t understand why he gets to jump to the front of the line, especially when I beat him... I think it?s something that might have slipped their minds, that (that fight) happened. I?m not exactly sure. You?ll have to ask them on that, but to me, that?s what it seemed like."

Dan, Silva already beat you pretty easy. Remember?

Maybe if 1 had been closer...?[/quote']

Silva DIDN'T beat Henderson easily. Most fighters never make it out of round one with Silva. Henderson won the first round.. In the second he made a mistake and got choked. Also that was Hendo's first fight moving from 205 and there was an issue with the weight cut as well. He seems stronger at 185 now then he did in that fight. Just ask Bisping. Regardless I don't think Vitor has done enough to go straight to a title shot.

Dan beating Vitor deosnt; make Henderson/Silva 2 any less of a joke.

Nobody wants to see Silva beat up Dan Henderson again.

Lets see him beat up someone new.

i agree with you. i think if silva fights henderson again hell knock him out. nate vs. silva2 would be more of the same. im excited to see him trade with vitor. itll be silvas biggest test yet in the ufc for sure.

silva vs anyone wont draw much because they won't have much of a chance' date=' hendo and marquart (sp?) have the best chance, thats why they want another shot, its understandable, id watch and pay for (ppv) any of hendo vs marquart, hendo vs silva and marquart vs silva[/quote']

actually neither henderson or marquart came close to beating silva.. Marquart got tko in the first round and henderson lay on silva for mos t of the first round , then the second round silva beat him easily ( even though henderson landed some punches but silva has a tough chin)

The only guy that came close to beating silva was travis lutter and noone in this forum talks about him ... He came close to tko silva in the first round. He missed an armbar and he took silva down at will

I think thats the reason silva did not go to the ground with leites because he had some trouble with lutter

Silvas must have one of the best chins in the ufc

Fine. Sticking with the Shogun thing' date=' if Henderson should get the shot because he beat Vitor then Griffen should get the shot at Machidia because he beat Shogun.

The idesa is that Henderson has already tried to beat Silva and he just doesn;t have the game. Maybe Vitor does.[/quote']

I wouldnt say that Hendo servers the shot cos he beat Vitor, I would say he deserves the shot cos he beat Franklin (like Vitor) and THEN knocked out Bisping.

In regards to Marquardt, rewatch his first fight with Silva then watch his last 3 fights against Maia, Gouveia and Kampmann (KO, TKO, TKO respectively), then tell me if hes the same fighter and that hes gonna get knocked out by Silva again. Its definately possible, but I dont think so this time around.

I too am excited to see Vitor vs Silva, but id be more excited in a rematch with Hendo or Marquardt because they have alot to prove and are more deserving. Its no different in wanting to see Machida vs Shogun 2 or Liddel vs Couture 2, for me anyway.

please let this happen my thoughts on fighting silva i think without a doubt hendo vs marquardt winner should get it both have earned it since there losses especially if they can win the fight against eachother they will be the clear cut number one contender belfort doesnt deserve it he should fight the loser of this fight

Silva DIDN'T beat Henderson easily. Most fighters never make it out of round one with Silva. Henderson won the first round.. In the second he made a mistake and got choked. Also that was Hendo's first fight moving from 205 and there was an issue with the weight cut as well. He seems stronger at 185 now then he did in that fight. Just ask Bisping. Regardless I don't think Vitor has done enough to go straight to a title shot.

The way I rtemember it Henderson got rocked, and instead of letting himself get pounded out he gave Silva his back.

It was not a close fight at all.

The way I rtemember it Henderson got rocked' date=' and instead of letting himself get pounded out he gave Silva his back.

It was not a close fight at all.[/quote']

Then you didnt watch too closely. A less than prime form Hendo took Silva to the ground and was beating him up. Hendo made the mistake of playing Silva's game and paid the price, but at that level it only takes one mistake and I am willing to bet Hendo wont make it again. Hendo is more comfortable in the octagon now and it shows. I would love to see a Hendo rematch.

Then you didnt watch too closely. A less than prime form Hendo took Silva to the ground and was beating him up. Hendo made the mistake of playing Silva's game and paid the price' date=' but at that level it only takes one mistake and I am willing to bet Hendo wont make it again. Hendo is more comfortable in the octagon now and it shows. I would love to see a Hendo rematch.[/quote']

actually i dont think you watch the fight at all

Silva rocked henderson then henderson fell on the ground and silva punish him for a bit until henderson gave his back and got choked .. So yea the fight wasnt even close (the second round)

if you need to watch the fight i have it in my pc ... Maybe i should uploaded for you to watch it again

Then you didnt watch too closely. A less than prime form Hendo took Silva to the ground and was beating him up. Hendo made the mistake of playing Silva's game and paid the price' date=' but at that level it only takes one mistake and I am willing to bet Hendo wont make it again. Hendo is more comfortable in the octagon now and it shows. I would love to see a Hendo rematch.[/quote']

It shows? Where in his Franklin fight? He barely won that, i gave it to Franklin actually. In his Bisping fight? Bisping is garbage. He's been the same fighter since he's been in the UFC, Silva would work him, Vitor would work him this time around Marquartd matches up perfectly with him it wouldn't even be close. And don't get me wrong I like Hendo but he's been so overrated since the Bisping fight... btw it was epic.

Guti...umm...I just watched and still think your cheese has fell off the cracker. hendo was classic G&Ping Silva and then for some reason decided to stand again (i think he got angry, which is not a good idea against a counter striker lol). Like I said before, he wont make that mistake again.

Overated? Oh...you forgot how has dominated almost every name in MMA in Pride and though he had a rocky start getting used the octagon he has bounced back and looks like the Hendo of Pride. I understand...it happens to other people all the time. Him crushing Bisping was epic wasnt? lol.

Guti...umm...I just watched and still think your cheese has fell off the cracker. hendo was classic G&Ping Silva and then for some reason decided to stand again (i think he got angry' date=' which is not a good idea against a counter striker lol). Like I said before, he wont make that mistake again.

Overated? Oh...you forgot how has dominated almost every name in MMA in Pride and though he had a rocky start getting used the octagon he has bounced back and looks like the Hendo of Pride. I understand...it happens to other people all the time. Him crushing Bisping was epic wasnt? lol.[/quote']

you need glasses dude

where in the second round henderson took down silva???

the whole second round henderson couldnt take silva down , furthermore it was silva who rocked henderson and henderson try to grab silvas legs however silva also dominated him on the ground in the second round ..

BTW henderson lay on silva for the whole first round , silva didnt even take that much damage from henderson ,,,

even lutter did more damage when he had silva down

My advice is get some glasses

The idea that "I beat Vitor already, so I should be ahead of him" is a stupid remark to make. Seriously? He beat Vitor via Decision 3 years ago. 3 YEARS!! Does he think that winning a decision 3 years ago makes him so much more dominant that Belfort? Fighters change all the time. Dan fought Rich Franklin and won a SPLIT-decision...but Belfort dominates right out the gate. I know Dan is a great fighter, but when your only excuse to fight in front of Belfort is something as lame as something that happened 3 years ago...that's pretty damn weak. I honestly think that Belfort would win a rematch.

The last 5 fights of both Henderson and Marquardt in order of most recent:

Henderson:

Bisping (win, KO)

Franklin (win, Split Decision)

Palhares (win, Unanimous Decision)

Silva (loss, Submission)

Jackson (loss, Unanimous Decision)

Marquardt:

Maia (win, KO)

Gouveia (win, TKO)

Kampmann (win, TKO)

Leites (loss, Split Decision)

Horn (win, Submission)

Note: Marquardt had the title fight against Silva before the Horn fight, and in the Leites fight he pretty much dominated and owned Leites, but made 2 illegal strikes (knee to grounded opponent, and the controversial punch to the back of the head) and still got a split decision [loss].

Judging by each fighters last 5 fights Id say Marquardt is slightly more deserving.

Easy solution:

Silva vs Marquardt title match

Henderson vs winner title match

Belfort vs loser title match

And stuff anyone who says theres no hype up in a Silva vs Marquardt rematch. All you do is show a composed video clip of Nate punishing and knocking out Maia, Gouveia and Kampmann and you have hype.

SILVA DID NOT TRIP! Henderon took him down and landed about 36 hammer fists, 3 elbows, some punches. The second round Henderson was doing well until he ate a knee, and then he went for a weak take down. Henderson gave up his back because he went for Silva's arm, but he didn't give up his back because he was taking too many hits. Up until he went down he was winning, and up until that point he was doing pretty good for being in a horrible position. Then Silva submits him with 20 seconds left in the round. Henderon lost. There's no doubt about it, but not only do I want to see a rematch, Henderson deserves a rematch as he is/was a real threat to Silva.

And what really pisses me off is after the fight Silva starts giving all this praise to Franklin, like Henderson has nothing on him. Yet Franklin didn't present nearly the challange Henderson did. This is what KILLS me about Anderson Silva. This isn't respect for Franklin. This is Anderson praising himself for beating Franklin twice. "As long as I say Franklin is better than Henderson, then 1 win against Henderson is actually 3 wins against Henderson." Disrespectful to Dan. Backhanded compliments to Franklin. Drives me nuts. I don't mind "nobody can beat me" arrogence. I DO mind "nobody deserves to fight me" arrogence. It's cowardly and NO I could not personally beat up Silva. I'm not a fighter. The octagon girls could beat me up. I do understand that Silva is a great fighter, but please...

Archived