Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Manho

Since I don't know much about the guy, maybe you could give me a lowdown on him. Is he good or terrible as an MMA fighter? I heard the last time he fought in the UFC was against GSP and lost. How will he fair against Jake Shields in their upcoming battle on Strikeforce? Your input about the guy will be greatly appreciated.

Mayhem Miller Record :

NC Ronaldo Souza NC (Cut from an Illegal Kick) Dream 9 - Featherweight Grand Prix 2009 Second Round 5/26/2009 1 2:33

Win Kala Hose Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Kingdom MMA - Miller vs. Hose 4/18/2009 1 2:23

Loss Ronaldo Souza Decision (Unanimous) Dream 4 - Middleweight Grand Prix 2008 Quarterfinals 6/15/2008 2 5:00

Win Katsuyori Shibata TKO (Punches) Dream 3 - Lightweight Grand Prix 2008 Quarterfinals 5/11/2008 1 6:57

Win Tim Kennedy Decision (Unanimous) HDNet Fights - Reckless Abandon 12/15/2007 3 5:00

Win Hiromitsu Miura Decision (Unanimous) WEC 27 - Las Vegas 5/12/2007 3 5:00

Win Hector Urbina TKO (Punches) Icon Sport - Epic 3/31/2007 1 1:11

Loss Frank Trigg TKO (Soccer Kicks) Icon Sport - Mayhem vs Trigg 12/1/2006 2 2:53

Win Robbie Lawler Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) Icon Sport - Mayhem vs Lawler 9/2/2006 3 2:50

Win Lodune Sincaid Submission (Rear Naked Choke) WFA - King of the Streets 7/22/2006 1 4:29

Win Stefan Gamlin Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) Icon Sport - Mayhem vs Giant 5/26/2006 1 0:46

Win Falaniko Vitale Submission (Rear Naked Choke) Icon Sport - Opposites Attract 10/28/2005 2 2:41

Win Mark Moreno Submission (Armbar) Superbrawl - Icon 7/23/2005 1 4:54

Loss Georges St. Pierre Decision (Unanimous) UFC 52 - Couture vs Liddell 2 4/16/2005 3 5:00

Win Ronald Jhun Technical Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) SB 37 - SuperBrawl 37 10/16/2004 2 N/A

Win Egan Inoue TKO (Corner Stoppage) SB 32 - SuperBrawl 32 12/5/2003 2 5:00

Win Sean Taylor Submission (Triangle Choke) SB 31 - SuperBrawl 31 9/20/2003 2 3:32

Win Mark Longworth Submission (Guillotine Choke) PFC - Put Up or Shut Up 8/23/2003 2 N/A

Win Jay Buck Decision (Split) SB 30 - Collision Course 6/13/2003 3 3:00

Loss Tim Kennedy Decision EC 50 - Extreme Challenge 50 2/23/2003 3 5:00

Win Denis Kang Submission (Rear Naked Choke) EC 50 - Extreme Challenge 50 2/23/2003 2 1:41

Win Todd Carney Towel (Cut) FFP - February Fight Party 2/1/2003 1 2:31

Loss Todd Carney Submission (Guillotine Choke) ISCF - Atlanta 8/16/2002 1 1:32

Win Phil Ensminger Submission (Triangle Choke) RFC 1 - The Beginning 7/13/2002 1 3:23

Win Toby Imada Decision XP 2 - Xtreme Pankration 2 4/12/2002 2 5:00

Loss Chael Sonnen Decision HFP 1 - Rumble on the Reservation 3/30/2002 2 5:00

Win Todd Carney Submission ISCF - Battle at the Brewery 2001 12/8/2001 2 2:53

Win Brian Warren Submission (Rear Naked Choke) UP 1 - Ultimate Pankration 1 11/11/2001 1 3:15

Win Tommy Laguwans TKO RITC 27 - Rage in the Cage 27 4/28/2001 1 3:00

Whoa!! The guy is good!! UFC should reenlist the guy!!

... well, he had problems w/ Souza twice & was kick-tko'd by Trigg, I think Scott Coker may be charged w/ pre-meditated homicide after the match ... gotta go w/ shields, never ko'd & hasn't lost since 2004 .

papatayin ni pac si cotto, .. nasaan ka ba ? .. :)

He's decent - in no way is he a Top 20 WW.

His biggest win is over Kanger, and he seems to choke against top flight competition.

That aside, I'm going against the grain and not only picking him to win, but in KO fashion. It's bold, I know. As Zerker mentioned, Shields has a granite noggin, and will be hard to knock out.

He's decent - in no way is he a Top 20 WW.

His biggest win is over Kanger' date=' and he seems to choke against top flight competition.

That aside, I'm going against the grain and not only picking him to win, but in KO fashion. It's bold, I know. As Zerker mentioned, Shields has a granite noggin, and will be hard to knock out.[/quote']

... never count out long-shot picks from Ex9mm, the man knows mma ... ;)

... well' date=' he had problems w/ Souza twice & was kick-tko'd by Trigg, I think Scott Coker may be charged w/ pre-meditated homicide after the match ... gotta go w/ shields, never ko'd & hasn't lost since 2004 .

papatayin ni pac si cotto, .. nasaan ka ba ? .. :)[/quote']

Pinas, baby!! proud to be pinoy!! Cotto is going down!

Dude Miller is no joke man. He may have suffered some tough loses but I looked into his career further after seeing him on his ******** MTV show and hearing him on The Jason Ellis Radio Show and he is a tough guy and I think he could be on the top 20 WW list.

He's a banger, and you gotta respect that one way or the other. I just can't see Miller doing anything dramatic in WW, especially in the UFC, if he returns.

Haven't got to see any of his fights' date=' but if the 2nd post in this thread is correct, he took GSP to a decision, he must have some skills, so i give him some props.[/quote']

Nice point...Anyone who can last in the cage with GSP is no easy punk.

Haven't got to see any of his fights' date=' but if the 2nd post in this thread is correct, he took GSP to a decision, he must have some skills, so i give him some props.[/quote']

lol if you havent seen the fight, you must. It was one of the most one sided fights ever with an awesome headkick. I thought mayhem was absolutely terrible, then i started all this fuss about him being incredible, but i've still only seen the GSP fight. All I saw in that fight was heart and flexibility. Fun to watch though.

lol if you havent seen the fight' date=' you must. It was one of the most one sided fights ever with an awesome headkick. I thought mayhem was absolutely terrible, then i started all this fuss about him being incredible, but i've still only seen the GSP fight. All I saw in that fight was heart and flexibility. Fun to watch though.[/quote']

I don't care if it was one sided or not, for a "newcomer" to the UFC to be thrown in there with GSP and not given a 2nd fight to me really isn't fair at all. It be like a kindergardener trying out for varsity football then told 11 yrs later he can't try again. LOL (prolly bad analogy, but you know what i'm saying.) But, in either case, for him to take GSP to a decision has got to say something for him.

I don't care if it was one sided or not' date=' for a "newcomer" to the UFC to be thrown in there with GSP and not given a 2nd fight to me really isn't fair at all. It be like a kindergardener trying out for varsity football then told 11 yrs later he can't try again. LOL (prolly bad analogy, but you know what i'm saying.) But, in either case, for him to take GSP to a decision has got to say something for him.[/quote']

Yeah he's a really tough guy. He was battered but he never stopped smiling and laughing and acting like a goon. It was pretty funny, then the crowd chanted "retard strength." I'd love to see him come back and make up for that loss.

Mayhem enjoys doing more than just fighting (his mtv show' date=' random reporting for websites, etc.) so his deal with SF works well for him. UFC contracts dont allow a whole lot of other interests.[/quote']

Guess your right. Can we say, "Rampage?"

Archived