What exactly is "UFC On Demand"?

InvisibleControl

I just seen it advertise while watching UFC Unleashed. And I checked out the website but I don't quite understand it. It is like a TV station you pay for that plays UFC all day? Or is it just a pay-per-view station where you have to pay to watch each separate fight? Can someone explain please?

UFC on Demand is a feature available for most people on digital cable or satellite. I'm in Canada, and have Shaw. Shaw has a menu option for purchasing movies on demand, and when you access this feature, there is a sub category called UFC on Demand. In it, there are about 6-12 individual fights that go for $2.99 a piece I believe, and there are normally some old and more recent cards available for about $20. Not sure if the prices are accurate. I've just looked at it, never used it. Seems pretty lame to me actually. And I'm not sure where it's available either.

Why would anyone pay for replays? This is why the internet was invented people.

Sounds completely stupid haha. I got excited for a second. Thought it was a channel I could order or something.

If you want a pretty sweet channel to order, get The Fight Network. It's as far as I know, the only one of its kind. Constantly shows old, lesser known fight cards, Pride, K-1, etc. Good channel for what it is.

yea i wouldnt pay for it ... You can find all the fights on the internet for free..

Although if it was a ufc channel which included fights ' date=' behind cameras , blogs , interviews , news , etc ... Then sure i ll pay for that[/quote']

I've thought for years now that the UFC has enough popularity to warrant it's own market specific channel. I for one would buy, if it had constant new information, included PPVs, and all the regular TUF and UFN stuff. Include the possibility of tournament style setups for the larger and larger group of up-and-comers that we'd like to see fight more than twice a year.

I just seen it advertise while watching UFC Unleashed. And I checked out the website but I don't quite understand it. It is like a TV station you pay for that plays UFC all day? Or is it just a pay-per-view station where you have to pay to watch each separate fight? Can someone explain please?

I prefer to watch UFC Fights in 1080p HD on XBOX Live, you can order matches, not full fights, like Cain vs Rothwell match only for example

Archived