UFC Disrespecting Bisping

getfighted00

I'm sorry if this has been on the forum before but I cannot help but express the way I feel about how quickly Michael Bisping has fell off.

This guy has done a lot of things for the UFC bringing in thousands of fans from the UK and the minute he gets KTFO by one of the best fighters in the world the UFC can't even have "The Deep Voice Guy" announce his name in the advertisements for his upcoming bout vs Kang. Michael Bisping vs ANYONE is in my mind more worthy of the main event than Hardy or Swick. It seems to me like the UFC is trying to find a new poster boy for the UK in Hardy and I find it offensive to The Count. Anyone with me or did UFC fans turn there back on the guy along with the UFC's marketing department?

I think a lot of people feel like his impressive record was padded, and when he faced a really tough opponent it showed.

I've watched most of Bisping's fights and I know different. He's a tough fighter with well rounded skills. If he wins this upcoming fight he'll be back on the reigns of "posterboydom."

I'm sorry if this has been on the forum before but I cannot help but express the way I feel about how quickly Michael Bisping has fell off.

This guy has done a lot of things for the UFC bringing in thousands of fans from the UK and the minute he gets KTFO by one of the best fighters in the world the UFC can't even have "The Deep Voice Guy" announce his name in the advertisements for his upcoming bout vs Kang. Michael Bisping vs ANYONE is in my mind more worthy of the main event than Hardy or Swick. It seems to me like the UFC is trying to find a new poster boy for the UK in Hardy and I find it offensive to The Count. Anyone with me or did UFC fans turn there back on the guy along with the UFC's marketing department?

Are you serious? You think Michael Bisping vs anyone is better than Mike Swick vs Dan Hardy. Also I head the promo, and that guy does announce Bisping vs Kang, so I am not sure what you are taking about.

who cares what the headliners are, the fact is bisping is going to be fighting on that date so watch his fight and stop being a bit ch about his name not being on the fu cking poster! i really hope that kang whoops his british a s s, bisping is a punk, got beat up by hammil, and destroyed by hendo, he should stick to fighting other brits!

Ive definately not turned my back on the guy I have been a fan all along, as far as I can tell hes been the same guy from the start. Somewhere along the line people stopped getting his sense of humour, and all of a sudden it turned into ****iness, I think this happened somewhere around the time of the hamill fight, many still cant get over it.

As for the UFC disrespecting Bisping, I would have to disagree, Hardy has simply passed Bisping in the rankings so therefore he is higher up the card, Hardy/Swick is a number 1 contender fight, Bisping/Kang is not so it would be a bit Irish to have it the other way round, nothing against the Irish.

Bisping isn't being disrespected, he was brutally KO'd and now has to prove he can still move forward and win fights in the division like he had been doing before. Hardy is an up and coming star in a completely different weight class, and his fight with Mike Swick is getting more attention then the Bisping vs. Kang fight because of the possibility of the winner moving on for a title shot ( although neither one is close to GSP skill wise or in anyway for that matter ).

This is just how it goes in the UFC, its the top organization in MMA with top ranking fighters and if you can't consistenly win and prove you deserve the media attention or the bigger name fights then you simply will not get it.

Anyways not bad talking Bisping even though I don't really care for him, he is a top 10 middleweight in my opinion with alot of room to grow into an even better fighter.

With that said, I think from the stand up skills i have seen Kang show that Kang will take this fight either by UD or by TKO/KO in the 2nd or 3rd round.

But then again this is the UFC and anything can happen so expect Bisping to come out fighting hard and possibly looking for a knockout of his own to make everyone start forgetting about the night he was KO'd by Henderson.

I agree he never seems to do well against other top ranked fighters, maybe this is foreshadowing that he will just be a gatekeeper in the UFC rather then a champion, who knows no way to tell with so much more time in his career to improve, everyone has to remember even the greats lose sometimes can't keep holding a few losses from top competition against him

It all has to do with the Revolutionary War, where the Limies for squeezed by the Yankees many moons ago, and whats a British persons comeback? calling americans, dumb, fat, autistic, obese, lazy, etc. etc. :o

Bisping is a well rounded, dangerous fighter. Hes got good strikes, decent power, fair speed and a solid ground game.

He stepped past the "upper mid" tier and faced an elite MW, and he lost. Badly.

Just like any other fighter he needs to learn from that, string some wins together and look to cross that threshold into the Elite class at his weight and re-establish himself.

The only difference is with only a handful of relatively well known British fighters emerging, and even fewer at the time he won TUF, he found his way into the forefront of a lot of attention earlier then most. Were he an American fighter with a similar record (TUF win or not) against similarly mid/high-mid tier fighters, it likely would have been a few fights longer before we heard much more about "The Count"

As a note, besides Henderson, Evans obviously stands out as an elite fighter on his record, win or loss. But at the time they fought Evans was no where near as well rounded or comfortable as he later showed in taking the LHW title.

Even still, it is another name of an Elite fighter to whom he lost. He seems to be stuck as an upper mid tier fighter. This fight against Kang and the next after will determine if he can break through that glass ceiling.

Quick last note on the OP's comment that any fight with Bisping is more worthy of attention then Swick vs. Hardy...

Quickly compare Bisping and Swick. Both have fought across 2 weight divisions since joining the UFC. Both moved down after suffering a decision loss. Swick has one loss, to Okami at MW (In the UFC) and is unbeaten at WW. Bisping is 7-2 in the UFC, but in his last fight he was brutally KTFO. They have faced roughly similar competition in terms of notoriety and skill, save perhaps "The Count"s last fight... but as we just read...we know how that went. Kang doesn't have much draw in the US, simply because of exposure. Solid MMA fans know him and will probably look forward to the fight, most casual fans don't, and probably won't. In that regard Kang and Hardy are similar, the US simply doesn't know them well yet. Hardy, like him or not, is as of yet unbeaten in the UFC. Kang came in and lost to a game Belcher, but that was honestly a fight most expected him to handle much better. Swick and Hardy is a title eliminator. That alone speaks of more hype and attention.

The facts are Swick and Hardy are both going up. Both are on win streaks and will now clash heads and see who gets knocked back down, and who faces GSP. Bisping and Kang (despite beating Foupa-Pokam) are both looking to(re)establish themselves, to get back on the steps to the elite period. A fight featuring two upper-mid tier fighters, looking to set the ground works for a winning streak very simply does not deserve the attention of two contenders in a title eliminator.

That was supposed to be a quick note, I think it was 60% of the post... lol.

honestly i dont see bisping anywhere near the top of the rankings or a title contender anytime soon.. hes a solid fighter but i see him being very gun shy and hesitant to pull the trigger after the brutal ko loss to henderson.. a ko loss like that is tough to come back from and i dont know if he has the mental toughness to come back from that ...plus hes an ********

I dont have any problem with Bispings attitude & being English of course i'd like to see him do well. On the adverts over here Bisping - Kang is just as hyped as Vera - Couture.

As far as where he stands as a fighter, in my personal opinion, he has good all round skills but lacks a finishing skill, he's good at everything but not great at anything if that makes sense, i can never sense he's gonna one punch someone out or slap on a submission out of the blue - not against top tier fighters anyway.

i was never a big fan of the count, and he hasnt really fallen off he was just never that good.

rashad beat him and i think hamil should have to, and now he jsut ktfo by henderson. the reason there building there new uk poster boy dan hardy is because he is younger and more marketable, bisbing wasnt really ever a top 10 fighter and was kinda babyed into the ufc he faced Elvis Sinosic who faught him and forrest and i think they only brought him in to get a win on both there TUF fighters. the other people bisbing faught werent that good either and the only people he really beat that are still even in the ufc are Eric Schafer and leben. i think leben could have pulled a hendo to if he just landed a nice shot.

Yes' date=' but it was back and forth. Look at Bisping on TUF. He was doing things to the other team and talking crap when there was no reason to other than to be a butt hole.[/quote']

lol if i remember rite it was the US guys who started all that **** anyway, that guy who always wore his hat like an idiot. Then bisping just gave some back and every one started crying funny stuff

who cares what the headliners are' date=' the fact is bisping is going to be fighting on that date so watch his fight and stop being a bit ch about his name not being on the fu cking poster! i really hope that kang whoops his british a s s, bisping is a punk, got beat up by hammil, and destroyed by hendo, he should stick to fighting other brits![/quote']

still at least the brits as you put it creamed the yanks on tuf,just remind me again how many of team USA were in the final oh thats right none.oh and only fight brits well he beat six yanks so i dont know why he would stick to that.

im not exactly a bisping fan but you sir are what is worst about your country.

It all has to do with the Revolutionary War' date=' where the Limies for squeezed by the Yankees many moons ago, and whats a British persons comeback? calling americans, dumb, fat, autistic, obese, lazy, etc. etc. :o[/quote']

dont forget you guys had a little bit of help from the french its not like you did it all by yourselves.

dont forget you guys had a little bit of help from the french its not like you did it all by yourselves.

And Britain controlled half the world at the time, what's your point?

Anyway, this is exactly why I hated the Nation vs Nation TuF deal, it creates bitterness towards each other for no particular reason.

Bisping did talk way too much ****, along with Demarques and Cameron.

He is a decent fighter and the reason I do not support him is becuase he is way to ****y! He does not punch hard at all and he only fights to survive, not to win or finish. I have never been impressed with him so why start now? Hardy is a way more explosive fighter and more likable.

And Britain controlled half the world at the time' date=' what's your point?

Anyway, this is exactly why I hated the Nation vs Nation TuF deal, it creates bitterness towards each other for no particular reason.

Bisping did talk way too much ****, along with Demarques and Cameron.[/quote']

lol lets not start all this UK v US crap agen i get enuf of it from idiots on xbox live!

sorry guys im not even a fan of bisping i just jump when people start brit bashing,tho bisping did talk a lot of crap i hope that rampage is going to go thru the same crap cos hes doing the same thing.

He was pampered for years. Stealing fights when he's lost (Hamill), getting cans, etc. He meets Henderson and we see how bad he really is. You know you're **** if Hendo doesn't mix it up.

Bisping is an a s s hole and that's why he fell off. For someone who talked as much trash as he did I was so happy to see him get his a s s handed to him. Sure, he brought over some fans but the way he went about it was all wrong.

There is a reason fans like Henderson... he's a genuine dude and HUMBLE.

Screw Bisping. I don't like him nor care about him and I think others feel the same way.

sorry guys im not even a fan of bisping i just jump when people start brit bashing' date='tho bisping did talk a lot of crap i hope that rampage is going to go thru the same crap cos hes doing the same thing.[/quote']

He is, Rampage has lost countless of fans through TuF. If you add that with the fact that he retired on the evening of a huge fight, Rampage's image has been destroyed.

Pretty sure Wolf's Lair is crippled when it comes to new applicants too.

I have mentioned this before but i shall do so again, the reason Bisping is not as popular is simple, he was an absolute **** on TUF9!!

I am a huge Bisping fan and at first i thought he was funny as fcuk, but as the show went on he really started to grate on me, not only with the no show for one of his fighters fight(and ****e excuse!) the constant trash talking with a USA team member, but also the complete disrespect of an MMA Legend in Dan Henderson. He just didnt know when to shut his trap and looked a complete tool when Hendo Ko'd him.

He is still the most popular fighter in the UK although i do think Hardy and Daley are not that far behind,

who cares what the headliners are' date=' the fact is bisping is going to be fighting on that date so watch his fight and stop being a bit ch about his name not being on the fu cking poster! i really hope that kang whoops his british a s s, bisping is a punk, got beat up by hammil, and destroyed by hendo, he should stick to fighting other brits![/quote']

Everyone points out he got destroyed by hendo and yes that punch knocked him out!but let's not forget he beat chris leben,who ain't an easy fight and also had a split decision defeat to rashad evans,which in my opinion was too close to call!so there's 2 americans he's proved he's no pushover!

Also people point his attitude out when he was on tuf 9,personally I felt it was all great entertainment,look at rashad and rampage no,there just like big kids,but it's entertaining to watch!!

Pretty sure Wolf's Lair is crippled when it comes to new applicants too.

Nah, if anything it's doing a lot better. It's now established as the top MMA gym for British talent. Regardless of Bisping's behaviour and personality, it's still where all the young British fighters want to be.

I can see your logic, but trust me it's doing well.

Yes' date=' but it was back and forth. Look at Bisping on TUF. He was doing things to the other team and talking crap when there was no reason to other than to be a butt hole.[/quote']

Reality TV tends to show what they feel like showing. I think the UFC is kinda messed up for doing Bisping like this. Maybe it's becasue Swick vs Hardy winner has a chance at the Belt. Bisping lost that chance when he lost to hendo.

Funny, I just saw Bisping waking up on the canvas last night after Henderson knocked him senseless. (on replay)

It is simple, LOSE (as in get KTFO) and you are at the mercy of the fight game.

WIN and you have a better chance at controlling your destiny.

Everyone points out he got destroyed by hendo and yes that punch knocked him out!but let's not forget he beat chris leben' date='who ain't an easy fight and also had a split decision defeat to rashad evans,which in my opinion was too close to call!so there's 2 americans he's proved he's no pushover!

Also people point his attitude out when he was on tuf 9,personally I felt it was all great entertainment,look at rashad and rampage no,there just like big kids,but it's entertaining to watch!![/quote']

chris leben?? he has a great chin & a knockout haymaker when he's cornered. that is it. i'll give you rashad but leben is not impressive in anyones eyes..a gamer but not anything to write home about.. i like bisping & beleive he'll bounce back just fine..he is very talented & i don't think he'll let that happen again any time soon..dans overhand is currently being used by a construction crew for leveling buildings so bisping should lick his wounds & move forward which he is

Archived