top 5 failed fighters in the ufc

Dwillin87

im not going to put mine because if i do i know that the thread will fail and people will somehow start debating on the shogun machida s***. so be kind to my question and dont get side tracked.

Pete Sell.

Ryan Jenson.

Can't really think of others off the top of my head but will get back to you.

I hope you're just meaning their records in the UFC. Not the fighters themselves.

That's the way I read the thread title.

It's nothing against the fighters themselves, as I'm a huge fan of all but Lutter. Just that with the hype the first three brought with them, and then looking at their current UFC records, you can't really argue too much with it. Gonzaga makes the list, as Crocop is his only notable victory.. which kind of makes it looks even worse for Mirko.

EDIT: If Rothwell gets blasted again in his next fight, you can add him to that list, as well.

houston alexander i would have to say needs to be on that list and how wanderlei is even considered is questionable and arguable..and im sorry everyone seems to think clay guida is " exciting " and "explosive" is full of cat **** he cant finish fights and is extremely boring when he isnt diego sanchezs punching bag

wanderlei silva has probably been the biggest failed fighter in the UFC, 2 wins 5 losses after coming into the ufc touted as one of the best fighters in the world, only wins over jardine and peterra which i class as C class fighters.

phillpe nover - touted as the next GSP has lost both his ufc fights.

cro crop - much in the same vein as wandy, mirko hasnt really lived up to the hype he had in pride

these IMO are the 3 biggest failure in the ufc

houston alexander i would have to say needs to be on that list and how wanderlei is even considered is questionable and arguable..and im sorry everyone seems to think clay guida is " exciting " and "explosive" is full of cat **** he cant finish fights and is extremely boring when he isnt diego sanchezs punching bag

the reason wandy is on the list is because 1) the thread says failed UFC fighters and 2)he is 2 wins 5 losses in the UFC.

I think when he meant "fail", these are fighters who fall short of our expectation- lousy performance, overrated or hyped-up, all mouth but couldn't deliver, etc. There are fighters who deliver the goods but just couldn't get a break as a top contender or just bomb when they had the chance.

wanderlei silva has probably been the biggest failed fighter in the UFC, 2 wins 5 losses after coming into the ufc touted as one of the best fighters in the world, only wins over jardine and peterra which i class as C class fighters.

phillpe nover - touted as the next GSP has lost both his ufc fights.

cro crop - much in the same vein as wandy, mirko hasnt really lived up to the hype he had in pride

wanderlei silva has probably been the biggest failed fighter in the UFC' date=' 2 wins 5 losses after coming into the ufc touted as one of the best fighters in the world, only wins over jardine and peterra which i class as C class fighters.

[b']phillpe nover - touted as the next GSP has lost both his ufc fights.[/b]

The loss against Kyle Bradley was a very controversial premature stop by Ives Lavigne. Instant boos from the crowd and Ives first words to Nover were 'Im sorry, Im sorry... im sorry'

I think when he meant "fail"' date=' these are fighters who fall short of our expectation- lousy performance, overrated or hyped-up, all mouth but couldn't deliver, etc. There are fighters who deliver the goods but just couldn't get a break as a top contender or just bomb when they had the chance.[/quote']

this guy has the right idea of what i meant.

The loss against Kyle Bradley was a very controversial premature stop by Ives Lavigne. Instant boos from the crowd and Ives first words to Nover were 'Im sorry' date=' Im sorry... im sorry'[/quote']

its still a loss, i mean really if he is the "next gsp" should he have been put into a position to be stopped, especially to a fighter like kyle bradley

maybe a bit premeture about rothwell' date=' cain is an elite heavy weight, and baroni? really? did anyone ever have a high opinion of this dude as a fighter?[/quote']

I'm not sure. I think Rothwell will continue to look as pathetic.

And well, Baroni did show quick hands ... that was promising.

HW champion

Former MW contender

Kalib Starnes - okay' date=' agreed.

HW contender

LW champion

Leban

that bald F@G who ran away from quarry

Cain Velasquez

BJ Penn

... Overall, you fail.[/quote']

Lesnar.....Punk who does not deserve to be in the UFC much less champ

Leban...... Over rated stiking matched with poor ground skills, Touted as gets more dangerous as he gets hurt, destroyed by A silva, and 2ce more on TUF as a competitor, Dies his hair like a pixie and has one of the ghayest tattoos on earth.

Cain Velasquez.... Has beated who? oh yeah no one special, has an even weaker game than brock, and BROWN PRIDE tattoed on his chest. RETARD!!!

BJ Penn chit head, Sued GSP for Vasoline Scandal, repeatedly poked GSP in the eyes in the their first fight and still lost, Brought his mother to appeal in his law suit, threw in the towel in their second fight.

Lesnar.....Punk who does not deserve to be in the UFC much less champ

Leban...... Over rated stiking matched with poor ground skills' date=' Touted as gets more dangerous as he gets hurt, destroyed by A silva, and 2ce more on TUF as a competitor, Dies his hair like a pixie and has one of the ghayest tattoos on earth.

[b']Cain Velasquez[/b].... Has beated who? oh yeah no one special, has an even weaker game than brock, and BROWN PRIDE tattoed on his chest. RETARD!!!

BJ Penn chit head, Sued GSP for Vasoline Scandal, repeatedly poked GSP in the eyes in the their first fight and still lost, Brought his mother to appeal in his law suit, threw in the towel in their second fight.

After you asked "Has beated who?" I realized that you were clearly handicapped mentally and therefore will not continue to argue with you.

After you asked "Has beated who?" I realized that you were clearly handicapped mentally and therefore will not continue to argue with you.

He has only beaten 2 sub quality fighters in Kongo and Rothwell. Way below par comp in wins over Stojnic and O'Brien (hit and miss, mostly miss latmely).

And why you gotta call names man that aint cool, you dont know me, how can you justify calling me a SPED off of one post of which I can back up my answer?

He has only beaten 2 sub quality fighters in Kongo and Rothwell. Way below par comp in wins over Stojnic and O'Brien (hit and miss' date=' mostly miss latmely).

And why you gotta call names man that aint cool, you dont know me, how can you justify calling me a SPED off of one post of which I can back up my answer?[/quote']

I said that because you used the word "beated," which most people learnt was not a word when they were five.

I said that because you used the word "beated' date='" which most people learnt was not a word when they were five.[/quote']

I have terrible grammar punctuation and spelling, does not make me a SPED or handicapped just a lazy american who wont use a spell checker.

But your right "beated" was fail on my part I can accept that.

I have terrible grammar punctuation and spelling' date=' does not make me a SPED or handicapped just a lazy american who wont use a spell checker.

But your right "beated" was fail on my part I can accept that.[/quote']

Okay, at least you're just a poor speller, and not an ignorant one.

Lesnar

Leban

that bald F@G who ran away from quarry

Cain Velasquez

BJ Penn

You know what the title of the thread is right? So i'm assuming this is purely a list of ufc fighter you dislike, because with the exception of the 3rd guy on your list they have all been successful.

Wandy & Cro Cop for sure.

Frank Trigg.

Bisping (this depends on how you view it, i personally think he's a let down because all the hype about him & yet I dont personally think he has what it takes to beat a main guy, likely to become just a gatekeeper)

Okami - Same reason as above.

In fact a lot of the japanese fighters reputation proceeds them, yet for some reason they never seem to meet expectations.

Okay.

1) Frank Trigg- Frank has always been a second place guy. He grew up in Rochester NY (where i live and teach Phys Ed) and when he wrestled he always would be second place. It wasnt a surprise to me at all that he wouldnt do well in the UFC. Im a little bit too young to be in his age group.. (by about 10 years.) but my CO worker, who was ranked #1 in the state in Wrestling back with Trigg, used to beat the shyt out of him.. all over the place...

2) basically EVERY Heavyweight in the UFC. They all seem so ****ing terrible. (Im keeping Randy out of this cuz he isnt a true Heavyweight). Gonzaga is an absolute awesome Athlete, His BJJ is incredible, his technique and how he flows is flawless... He just has no heart. He lacks that killer instinct(and i know this personally as i train at a Team link affiliate where Gabe comes in from time to time.. Cro Cup broke after that knock out. Frank Mir needs to go away and practice his short elbows...(holy shyt that guy just looks like he needs to get his **** beat all the time.) Big Nog looks slow and Decrepit. Brock/carwin/Cain are the only 3 that matter.

3) Bisping. Holy shyt dont even get me started with this terrible god ****** awful fighter. #1 he lost to Matt Hamill in England. His ground game or lack there of is awful. And he hasnt faught one person who is worth anything until he got to Hendo, and then we all know what happened there.... (Keep circling Right Bisping... best decision youve made)

4)Wanderlai- This one is hard. Cuz i like Him... and he did Rape choke knock out Jardine... which was special... but the record and the way hes lossed shows he couldnt transition from pride to the UFC like some others could.

5) This season of TUF.... Does anyone else get the feeling that they, at whatever weight you are at right now, could walk in the cage, survive the 1st two minutes, and then know youve won because EVERY fighter get gased after the first TWO GOD ****ING MINUTES. HOLY ****ING SHYT START DOING CARDIO NOW.

Okay.

1) Frank Trigg- Frank has always been a second place guy. He grew up in Rochester NY (where i live and teach Phys Ed) and when he wrestled he always would be second place. It wasnt a surprise to me at all that he wouldnt do well in the UFC. Im a little bit too young to be in his age group.. (by about 10 years.) but my CO worker' date=' who was ranked #1 in the state in Wrestling back with Trigg, used to beat the shyt out of him.. all over the place...

2) basically EVERY Heavyweight in the UFC. They all seem so ****ing terrible. (Im keeping Randy out of this cuz he isnt a true Heavyweight). Gonzaga is an absolute awesome Athlete, His BJJ is incredible, his technique and how he flows is flawless... He just has no heart. He lacks that killer instinct(and i know this personally as i train at a Team link affiliate where Gabe comes in from time to time.. Cro Cup broke after that knock out. Frank Mir needs to go away and practice his short elbows...(holy shyt that guy just looks like he needs to get his **** beat all the time.) Big Nog looks slow and Decrepit. Brock/carwin/Cain are the only 3 that matter.

3) Bisping. Holy shyt dont even get me started with this terrible god ****** awful fighter. #1 he lost to Matt Hamill in England. His ground game or lack there of is awful. And he hasnt faught one person who is worth anything until he got to Hendo, and then we all know what happened there.... (Keep circling Right Bisping... best decision youve made)

4)Wanderlai- This one is hard. Cuz i like Him... and he did Rape choke knock out Jardine... which was special... but the record and the way hes lossed shows he couldnt transition from pride to the UFC like some others could.

5) This season of TUF.... Does anyone else get the feeling that they, at whatever weight you are at right now, could walk in the cage, survive the 1st two minutes, and then know youve won because EVERY fighter get gased after the first TWO GOD ****ING MINUTES. HOLY ****ING SHYT START DOING CARDIO NOW.[/quote']

Every yank will say Bisping but look at what he did to Eric Schafer in comparison to what your big prospect Ryan Bader did

Every yank will say Bisping but look at what he did to Eric Schafer in comparison to what your big prospect Ryan Bader did

Ryan bader would beat Bisping.. If by no way else out wrestling him.

The thing about Bisping is he was so hyped because the UFC wants Global success. and if they have a UK dude ownin' it up over here that gives them a huge in onthe UK demographic.

I mean lets be serious, They baby, and continue to baby Bisping. Other than Hendo, they give him fights he should win.

you are a idiot to think Clay is boring i cant beleave i heard that come out of someones month just cause you dont finish fights does not mean your boring. your prob gay is the reson you watch the sport of mma and you think Clay is ugly or something is why you dont like him

I nominate Leites. He went from a no. 1 contender to being out of the UFC with only one fight in between. Only other guy I can think of who that happened to was Lutter and he was already mentioned.

Aside from those two:

Chonan

Gono

Gamburyan (I mean who gets knocked out by Emerson like that)

some of these names on people's lists are just ignorant....You cant say leben or guida cause they have been very successful at times. Same with saying Kongo. thats dumb

My picks are

1. Mac Danzig

2. Cro Cop

3. Sokoudjou

4. Lutter

5. W. Silva

Picks not bad. Mac Danzig for sure. Thing about Lutter is he's really good, just his cardio sucks. He was the closest to finishing Anderson and had Franklin in a tonne of trouble. Lutter would be a tough SOB if he was properly conditioned.

I would put a lot of pride guys in this list and Tim Silvia. Ya he held the belt but that was during a pretty weak HW division. Once people figured out how to deal with his size he was done. I see the same happening to Lesnar too, so he'll belong on the list in a year or two. Sokoudjou is close on that list he had some good and not so good fights.

Archived