UFC & Fedor - nothing but the truth Pt. 2

Exodus9mm

Continued from UFC & Fedor - nothing but the truth Pt. 1

And what is with the Fedor-detractors who keep trying to convice themselves that wins over Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia, both former UFC HW Champions, in just over the last year, are not really credible? You people are on acid. Andrei Arlovski was a consensus pick as #3 ranked HW in the world when Fedor one punched him. Tim Sylvia was a consensus top 5 HW in the world when Fedor smashed his face in, then choked him out with his forearm in 36 seconds. Make all the excuses and justify it all you want, these claims are nothing more than blatant ignorance with a solid shimmer of embarassing fanboy envy.

Prior to this, he dismantled almost every major HW threat in the world, at the time they fought. I challenge anyone to get me the names of 2 UFC HWs who were better than the opponents Fedor fought at the time he fought them. One could make a case for Hong Man Choi, but regardless the man is a spectacle of beast, and if you don't enjoy seeing a man like Fedor chop down a freak of nature that stands over a foot taller than him, and outweighed him by 120, I don't know what would. For example, when he fought Coleman the second time in 2006, who was a more legit UFC HW for him to fight? Guess who the UFC champ at the time was? Laughing at you - Tim Sylvia. So there goes any ability anyone who also believes Tim Sylvia wasn't a legitimate win, to say anything about Mark Coleman. 2 months later he fights Mark Hunt, and Tim Sylvia was still the UFC champion at this time. Pointing and laughing again.

Lindland was obviously a one-off type fight for Fedor, as it was his only fight in Bodog during a transition period. The people who say Lindland wasn't game opposition are the same ones who will point out Lindlands ability to outwrestle Fedor a few times. Lindland is no slouch against anyone of any size. The same people who blast Lindland for not being credible because of his normal fighting weight of 185, are the same people who openly speak about their desires to see Anderson Silva fight at HW.

When he fought Randleman, guess who the UFC HW champ was? Ricco Rodriguez. Most of you hack UFC wannabes have never ever heard of this man, let alone see him fight. (He was good btw, but in no stretch that much better than Randleman. Randleman was coming off a savage knockout of unstoppable Mirko Cro Cop at the time. 2 months prior, he beat Coleman the first time. Coleman had won 7 of his last 8 with notable wins over Frye, Vovchanchyn and Fujita. Guess who the champ was? Ricco Rodriguez.

Trying to discredit Fedor by making claims that Ricco Rodriguez was a more worthy opponent than Coleman is just flat out funny.

There are some people who even go so far as to say that Fedor doesn't fight enough. Wow. The man has 32 fights in 9 years. Nearly 4 per year on average. Nobody in the UFC HW division has anywhere near 32 fights (save for Nog and Rothwell, one of who Fedor bested twice, the other who is a canned ham not worth discussing), let alone 30 wins. People are seemingly fine and supportive of a fighter like Wanderlei Silva (sorry Wandy, no disrespect, just a reference) taking nearly a year off to regroup and take a much deserved break. What's funnier, is that Fedor has never taken a break, and as pointed out prior, has fought on less than 2 months numerous times. So the guy hasn't let up in 9 years, but apparently he doesn't fight enough. Are you kidding me? Or how about the fact that while completely annihilating all comers in MMA, Fedor also took home gold 7 out of 10 years in Combat Sambo Championships. He's had dozens and dozens of sambo fights that could at any time, cause an injury that would ruin his career in MMA. Let me put it in perspective for ya. In the next 10 years, if Machida wins 7 golds out of 10, at the most important karate tournament in the world, and wins 14 straight fights, the Machida train would be endless. People who instantly claim that these feats are a first, and he is without a doubt, the greatest MMA fighter of all-time. Don't deny it, it's 100% true. And get this....in just shy of 7 years, Machida has 16 fights. That's just over 2 a year on average. He'll need to fire off 14 straight wins in 3 years - that's almost 5 a year, AND somehow win 7 gold medals in a world karate tournament. He needs to accomplish this, just to be hopeful of even being mentioned alongside Fedor in an MMA greats discussion. That folks, is why Fedor is so damn good.

I'm can go on and on here people. The fact is many of you make such outlandish claims that have absolutely no basis in reality, is actually quite shocking. If you have no knowledge of the history of MMA, quit making assumptions that you've clearly never understood in the first place.

Sorry to break it to you folks, but a legend like Fedor is in no way responsible to come to an organization to fight 1 (on a technicality) fighter, whom many believe is an over-hyped , pro-wrestling castaway. If you actually believe he owes you, or Brock this, you're batsh*t crazy.

As somebody recently posted, it's not the champs responsibility to seek out competition for validation - it is he who wishes to challenge the champ. Somewhere along the line, people became completely blind to this reality, and it's painful.

I'm not implying you've got to like Fedor. At least show some respect. You contradictory morons are the same hacks who ramble on about showing Lesnar some respect. It's a god damn crime. Like who you like, but at least have some idea what you are going on about when you try to discredit somebody. I believe the majority of the people who speak so ignorantly, are also the same folks who used to rave fiendishly about their freak star in WWE. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of uneducated hillbillys followed Lesnar to the cage, and we are seeing the fallout. Nobody with any understanding of MMA would even think of trying to undermine the career of Fedor Emelianenko with such low-brow reasoning.

Get real, pay attention, and all hail the Last Emporer.

This thread is dedicated to Berserker, Caveman Jesus, Alyosha and every other true fan of MMA, who completely understands that the respect given to Fedor Emelianenko is so uncompromisingly, deserved.

Go back to UFC & Fedor - nothing but the truth Pt. 1 here:

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=12028

That wasn't so painless now, was it?

Damn' date=' Im mention in the same paragraph as Fedor. Im speechless.............

I said all I wanted toosay on Part 1........[/quote']

This thread is dedicated to Berserker, Caveman Jesus, Alyosha and every other true fan of MMA, who completely understands that the respect given to Fedor Emelianenko is so uncompromisingly, deserved.

thank you exodus, i dont need to add anything to this. you have covered everything. appreciate the props, we know whats up.

This thread is dedicated to Berserker' date=' Caveman Jesus, Alyosha and every other true fan of MMA, who completely understands that the respect given to Fedor Emelianenko is so uncompromisingly, deserved.

thank you exodus, i dont need to add anything to this. you have covered everything. appreciate the props, we know whats up.[/quote']

my pleasure

I take nothing from Fedor. I think the man IS one of the greatest fighters lacing up gloves period! My issue with Fedor is from a marketing perspective. He is as good now as he will ever be and the window of elite fighting capacity is narrow but for the very few... so take advantage!

So my point of contention is that by getting hung up on a payday now he risks losing his marketability once he is not a fighting. Withing in the fight world he IS known and well regarded... but he has not been able to sell fight to the masses and that is marketability not fight ability. Like it or not in a consumer economy the value of a given product is determined the perceived value of the masses and the UFC has the ability to set that market within the fight world.

My opinion is if he stepped up and fought Brock (or whoever the ufs champ is/was) he increases his name recognition in and out of the fight community. If he wins not only does he silence the critics, he gains leverage over his UFC contractual agreements in the future and positions himself (from a perception standpoint - which is what matters to the masses) and increases his potential earning capacity.

Am I saying he is not successful now, absolutely not. He is successful... but I think he is getting in the way of his long term potential to monetize his success and abilities.

Damn' date=' Im mention in the same paragraph as Fedor. Im speechless.............

I said all I wanted toosay on Part 1........[/quote']

This thread is dedicated to Berserker' date=' Caveman Jesus, Alyosha and every other true fan of MMA, who completely understands that the respect given to Fedor Emelianenko is so uncompromisingly, deserved.

thank you exodus, i dont need to add anything to this. you have covered everything. appreciate the props, we know whats up.[/quote']

Yeah it really bugs me when people say Fedor needs to fight Lesnar to see who is the best. The only thing that validates Brock fighting Fedor is that Brock has the belt' date=' and thats all it is, a belt!!![/quote']

Brock doesnt even deserve to fight Fedor' date=' just like he didnt deserve a title shot against Randy as his 4th pro MMA fight........[/quote']

... thanx bud, nothin' left to say ... Fedor will complete the story 11/7

Shame on you. You forgot me.

Good posts' date=' btw. I'm gonan save this on notepad and use it on the next guy who tried to tell me Fedor sucks on any other forum. lol. It completely and utterly destroys any claims anyone has.[/quote']

.. listen up noobs, Alpha_Omega is another top-gun here ufc, listen to the man & learn !

very good post. i really dont know why there are so many haters of fedor. i dont need to explain his achievements outside of mainstream mma but believe me this guy is a Master at what he does & he always finds a way to win.

Randleman should of broke him in two with that suplex slam he gave im in pride but he came back & showed hes immense.

His only loss wa due to an illegal blow opening a cut up & the fight beinb in a tournament meaning he could not progress & was handed a loss.

Give Fed some respect & let brock earn his

I agree with you Exodus, great post. Though a bit longer than most people want to take the time to learn, it wasnt... too insulting, but definately had its facts in the right places. I didnt like the fact that Fedor didnt come here, but only because I wasnt sure I would be able to see him depending on where he went. Peace brotha. High five, and respect.

I take nothing from Fedor. I think the man IS one of the greatest fighters lacing up gloves period! My issue with Fedor is from a marketing perspective. He is as good now as he will ever be and the window of elite fighting capacity is narrow but for the very few... so take advantage!

So my point of contention is that by getting hung up on a payday now he risks losing his marketability once he is not a fighting. Withing in the fight world he IS known and well regarded... but he has not been able to sell fight to the masses and that is marketability not fight ability. Like it or not in a consumer economy the value of a given product is determined the perceived value of the masses and the UFC has the ability to set that market within the fight world.

My opinion is if he stepped up and fought Brock (or whoever the ufs champ is/was) he increases his name recognition in and out of the fight community. If he wins not only does he silence the critics' date=' he gains leverage over his UFC contractual agreements in the future and positions himself (from a perception standpoint - which is what matters to the masses) and increases his potential earning capacity.

Am I saying he is not successful now, [b']absolutely not[/b]. He is successful... but I think he is getting in the way of his long term potential to monetize his success and abilities.

agreed.. fedor is the man but his window for reaching super stardom is running out

I agree with you Exodus' date=' great post. Though a bit longer than most people want to take the time to learn, it wasnt... too insulting, but definately had its facts in the right places. I didnt like the fact that Fedor didnt come here, but only because I wasnt sure I would be able to see him depending on where he went. Peace brotha. High five, and respect.[/quote']

... yet another voice of reason, gtp is recommended reading here @ ufc,

your included in my milestoner bud .. :)

that is some great writing and should silence any fanatics or fanboys.

i kept seeing parts and saying 'aw man ima say something about that'

but then you would go on to say what i was going to.

As far as Couture is concerned i agree with you about HIM fighting Fedor, but i would like to see him maybe train with and put together a game plan for someone, because the man is just a genius and a tactics master, i'd be interested to see what route he thinks one should take to beat The Last Emperor

Good posts' date=' btw. I'm gonan save this on notepad and use it on the next guy who tried to tell me Fedor sucks on any other forum. lol. It completely and utterly destroys any claims anyone has.[/quote']

im doing the same thing, he literally covered everything. i read through it again today to see if i had anything to add to it, i came up with nothing.

.. listen up noobs' date=' Alpha_Omega is another top-gun here ufc, listen to the man & learn ![/quote']

agreed, i always enjoy reading alpha_omegas posts, he really has a good understanding of mma and what it is all about.

im doing the same thing' date=' he literally covered everything. i read through it again today to see if i had anything to add to it, i came up with nothing.[/quote']

Only thing I would add to is his Matt Lindland statement. Matt walks around at about 210lbs and Fedor walks around at 230lbs. These same people who discredit his size in the fight with Fedor are the same people who credit Lesnar for beating a man 60lbs lighter than him. Both of which, Couture and Lindland, are former Olympic wrestlers. And to discredit Lindland in general is interesting, considering just before the Belfort loss he was considered the last MW around to challenge Anderson Silva.

agreed' date=' i always enjoy reading alpha_omegas posts, he really has a good understanding of mma and what it is all about.[/quote']

Thank you kindly.

Only thing I would add to is his Matt Lindland statement. Matt walks around at about 210lbs and Fedor walks around at 230lbs. These same people who discredit his size in the fight with Fedor are the same people who credit Lesnar for beating a man 60lbs lighter than him. Both of which' date=' Couture and Lindland, are former Olympic wrestlers. And to discredit Lindland in general is interesting, considering just before the Belfort loss he was considered the last MW around to challenge Anderson Silva.

Thank you kindly.[/quote']

youre welcome.

good point about lindland, i didnt put too much thought into fedor' size advantage since he always fights guys that are either bigger, same size or smaller, all ending in the same result. also a good point about lindland before his loss to belfort, one bad loss and everyone forgets all the good things they were saying about him.

My opinion is if he stepped up and fought Brock (or whoever the ufs champ is/was) he increases his name recognition in and out of the fight community. If he wins not only does he silence the critics' date=' he gains leverage over his UFC contractual agreements in the future and positions himself (from a perception standpoint - which is what matters to the masses) and increases his potential earning capacity.

Am I saying he is not successful now, [b']absolutely not[/b]. He is successful... but I think he is getting in the way of his long term potential to monetize his success and abilities.

Nice post, well spoken for sure. I can wholeheartedly agree that Fedor is nowhere near as marketable vs Rogers, as he would have been versus Lesnar.

Dude, I'm sorry. You have been a faithful constant friend and Fedor supporter since day one, I feel terrible for not giving you mention in the thread. Either way, you know where you belong ;)

You as pumped as I am to see Fedor/Rogers this Saturday? And the rest of the stellar card? Wow, can't wait.

I agree with you Exodus' date=' great post. Though a bit longer than most people want to take the time to learn, it wasnt... too insulting, but definately had its facts in the right places. I didnt like the fact that Fedor didnt come here, but only because I wasnt sure I would be able to see him depending on where he went. Peace brotha. High five, and respect.[/quote']

GTP, you've been righteous since day one too. Cheers man, thanks for the props.

I know it was massive, as it exceeded the character count limit of a thread - hence the two parts.

Dude' date=' I'm sorry. You have been a faithful constant friend and Fedor supporter since day one, I feel terrible for not giving you mention in the thread. Either way, you know where you belong ;)

You as pumped as I am to see Fedor/Rogers this Saturday? And the rest of the stellar card? Wow, can't wait.[/quote']

Can't wait man that card is awesome. Fedor? Mousasi? Shields? Werdum? Mayhem? Man that's a sick card. Much better than 105.

I agree entirely with both threads. Fedor doesn't need to prove anything he has already done it. The champion doesn't go out and find competition for himself, it has to find him and be worthy of it. No one in the UFC has proven that they deserve the right to fight Fedor. But I disagree with one point, Lesnar in my mind has not earned the right to fight Fedor even if he has the UFC hw belt that does not make him worthy. Lesnar is the king of the division in the UFC but he has beat nothing but bums and people who had no business fighting at HW to begin with (my apologies Randy but you are simply too small.)

Look at the UFC HW division who do they have? And who did they beat?

Carwin who's only real Credible win was against Gonzaga who almost beat him anyway?

CroCop who is in I think the twilight of a storied career.

Dos Santos who beat Werdum and Crocop (see above)

Gonzaga who beat Crocop

Herring who beat Kongo (wow... not really)

Kongo who beat Crocop via decision

Lesnar who beat a too small Randy a rediculously over rated Frank Mir and decisioned Herring. Not impressed by this.

Frank Mir his Resume includes a win against a Rookie Lesnar, a staph infected Nog, and Tim Sylvia (we'll get back to this)

Nog He beat Herring, Tim Sylvia, Randy, Werdum, CroCop, Coleman, Overeem (1999)

Cain he beat Rothwell and Kongo thusfar.

That's the UFC HW division. One thing that I hate when people do is they take fighters Like Tim Sylvia and AA and dismiss Fedor's wins over them because they weren't in the UFC when these fights took place. BUT they make it seem so very impressive when a UFC fighter beat them Ala Mir over Sylvia. I guess Sylvia was a can back then too? If you go by that Logic who did Frank Mir beat to put him high in the ranking? He got a lucky submission on Lesnar. He beat no one but he's better then Fedor because he's in the UFC where real competition is? Get over it. You don't need to be in the UFC to be where good competition actually is. And I'd argue that fighting Fedor has been the death of 2 former champions career's more then them being can's. And maybe Lesnar would pose a challenge but that is merely because of his size not his skill and merely being big does not make you worthy.

I agree entirely with both threads. Fedor doesn't need to prove anything he has already done it. The champion doesn't go out and find competition for himself' date=' it has to find him and be worthy of it. No one in the UFC has proven that they deserve the right to fight Fedor. But I disagree with one point, Lesnar in my mind has not earned the right to fight Fedor even if he has the UFC hw belt that does not make him worthy. Lesnar is the king of the division in the UFC but he has beat nothing but bums and people who had no business fighting at HW to begin with (my apologies Randy but you are simply too small.)

Look at the UFC HW division who do they have? And who did they beat?

Carwin who's only real Credible win was against Gonzaga who almost beat him anyway?

CroCop who is in I think the twilight of a storied career.

Dos Santos who beat Werdum and Crocop (see above)

Gonzaga who beat Crocop

Herring who beat Kongo (wow... not really)

Kongo who beat Crocop via decision

Lesnar who beat a too small Randy a rediculously over rated Frank Mir and decisioned Herring. Not impressed by this.

Frank Mir his Resume includes a win against a Rookie Lesnar, a staph infected Nog, and Tim Sylvia (we'll get back to this)

Nog He beat Herring, Tim Sylvia, Randy, Werdum, CroCop, Coleman, Overeem (1999)

Cain he beat Rothwell and Kongo thusfar.

That's the UFC HW division. One thing that I hate when people do is they take fighters Like Tim Sylvia and AA and dismiss Fedor's wins over them because they weren't in the UFC when these fights took place. BUT they make it seem so very impressive when a UFC fighter beat them Ala Mir over Sylvia. I guess Sylvia was a can back then too? If you go by that Logic who did Frank Mir beat to put him high in the ranking? He got a lucky submission on Lesnar. He beat no one but he's better then Fedor because he's in the UFC where real competition is? Get over it. You don't need to be in the UFC to be where good competition actually is. And I'd argue that fighting Fedor has been the death of 2 former champions career's more then them being can's. And maybe Lesnar would pose a challenge but that is merely because of his size not his skill and merely being big does not make you worthy.[/quote']

Agreed on the Mir aspect. When he came back he lost Marcio Cruz who was in top 20 of heavyweights, and beat Eric Christison who isnt even ranked, then Losing to Brandon Vera, then winning Antoni Hardonk who isnt even ranked in the top 30. Then Beating Brock who wasnt even ranked yet. A staph-illed Nog, and yet this is supposed too be a Top fighter for Fedor?

... well, I just watched Emelianenkos' last 10 AGAIN ! ... Brett Rogers has seen these replays a few times also & guarantee you he is poopin' pickles right now & his over/under blood pressure numbers are thru the roof .. Grim will freeze up, pull straight back w/ hands low & BAM, (ala Arlovski) .. "what goes around, comes around" .. or maybe he just won't show up .. swine flu is everywhere you know ;)

Archived