Who will Win the Second Time.

fightenfan

(IMO) i dont want or need to see this fight again. having a rematch only makes things easier for Machida becasue he knows whats comming. I would rather see Shogun fight the #1 contender becasue he is the belt holder in my view. This will be another kickboxing match with the same outcome, Shogun outstrikes and points Machida and still doesnt get the win.

Personally i think we need to see both of these fighters fight someone else...

Shogun vs Rashad Evans

Machida vs Luiz Cane

and then if they both win there fights let them rematch. but seeing the same thing all over again like a rewind movie isn't as interesting.

(IMO) i dont want or need to see this fight again. having a rematch only makes things easier for Machida becasue he knows whats comming. I would rather see Shogun fight the #1 contender becasue he is the belt holder in my views. This will be another kickboxing match with the same outcome' date=' Shogun outstrikes and points Machida and still doesnt get the win. Its going to be the same outcome as the last fight.

Personally i think we need to see both of these fighters fight someone else... Part II will not be as good as Part 1 just like Forrest vs Bonner II.[/quote']

true

I really hope Shogun wins it' date=' because he deserves it. However, I've just got a feeling that Lyoto underestimated Shogun and that he's gonna come into the next fight in the best shape he's ever been in.

I really want Shogun to win, but my head just says it'll be Lyoto.[/quote']

+1

I feel the same way

I really hope Shogun wins it' date=' because he deserves it. However, I've just got a feeling that Lyoto underestimated Shogun and that he's gonna come into the next fight in the best shape he's ever been in.

I really want Shogun to win, but my head just says it'll be Lyoto.[/quote']

you know people like you grind my ****ing gears seriously how many other threads has there been of this same frickin topic.this ***** getting old...I dont think i wanna watch the second fight after all because people like you are ruining it,and overhyping it to the point where it gets old.I know im way outta line but come on serously dude.

you know people like you grind my ****ing gears seriously how many other threads has there been of this same frickin topic.this ***** getting old...I dont think i wanna watch the second fight after all because people like you are ruining it' date='and overhyping it to the point where it gets old.I know im way outta line but come on serously dude.[/quote']

haha chill out mang. no need to shed tears :P

I do not think Shogun should get an instant rematch. He was beaten by the champ, is only 2-2 in the Octagon, and should have to win at least one more fight to meet Lyoto again. If anything, the winner of Evans vs. Silva should face the Dragon. Just because the fight was closer than people thought, does not mean the conventional progression to a title should be thrown out the window. Maybe Forrest Griffin could choke him out again before we start handing out sympathetic title bids.

I do not think Shogun should get an instant rematch. He was beaten by the champ' date=' is only 2-2 in the Octagon, and should have to win at least one more fight to meet Lyoto again. If anything, the winner of Evans vs. Silva should face the Dragon. Just because the fight was closer than people thought, does not mean the conventional progression to a title should be thrown out the window. Maybe Forrest Griffin could choke him out again before we start handing out sympathetic title bids.[/quote']

tend to agree

I do not think Shogun should get an instant rematch. He was beaten by the champ' date=' is only 2-2 in the Octagon, and should have to win at least one more fight to meet Lyoto again. If anything, the winner of Evans vs. Silva should face the Dragon. Just because the fight was closer than people thought, does not mean the conventional progression to a title should be thrown out the window. Maybe Forrest Griffin could choke him out again before we start handing out sympathetic title bids.[/quote']

Totally agree.

shogun before and shogun again.machida will try to step up,try to be more agressive.yup,i agree with those who are saying that he knows whats coming but i'm pretty sure he also knows it before the first fight either.if he will try to be more agressive,it will just lead him to another loss,because its not his game.and as for shogun,he will try to finish this one,so no more judges decision.

shogun before and shogun again.machida will try to step up' date='try to be more agressive.yup,i agree with those who are saying that he knows whats coming but i'm pretty sure he also knows it before the first fight either.if he will try to be more agressive,it will just lead him to another loss,because its not his game.and as for shogun,he will try to finish this one,so no more judges decision.[/quote']

What do you mean "another loss?" Shogun lost the first fight. He doesn't get a win because you disagree with the judges. Let's be honest, he landed leg kicks and had all of his take downs stuffed. You need to quit listening to Joe Rogan.

What do you mean "another loss?" Shogun lost the first fight. He doesn't get a win because you disagree with the judges. Let's be honest' date=' he landed leg kicks and had all of his take downs stuffed. You need to quit listening to Joe Rogan.[/quote']

well,if that's your opinion and so be it.my opinion is shogun won the fight.

Shoguns only two wins in the UFC are against Coleman/Liddel - combined age 85?

This guy has beaten NOBODY.

Stupid comment.

Shogun has beaten Overeem, Arona x2, Rampage, Randleman, Coleman, Rogerio Nogueira, Liddell... WHo has Lyoto beaten? 2 guys with sugar coated records and no credible wins. Go learn things.

Not sure there should be an instant rematch, though. Machida should have to win a couple of fights before he gets a shot at the champion.

Shogun will destroy Machida again and if you put Forrest in there with him now, Forrest will look like he did against Anderson Silva.

/thread

Where is the option to plead the 5th and not answer? ;-)

The first fight was so close it's really hard to say who wins the second. I think both guys are gonna bring a better game.

However, if I have to pick one of the other i'll go with Lyoto. For one reason only.

Shogun did so well in that fight because he was careful and patient and cautious and rarely started the exchanges. It worked for Shogun because Lyoto is a counterpuncher. However, this strategy also cost him the fight in the judges eyes (who, like it or not, are the ones that matter when it comes to getting that belt).

So... Shogun is likely not going to be quite as patient or cautious and he's going to be more aggressive and try to definitively beat the champ. Which... plays into Machida's game.

All that said... I won't be surprised no matter who wins. Both guys are great fighters.

Stupid comment.

Shogun has beaten Overeem' date=' Arona x2, Rampage, Randleman, Coleman, Rogerio Nogueira, Liddell... WHo has Lyoto beaten? 2 guys with sugar coated records and no credible wins. Go learn things.

Not sure there should be an instant rematch, though. Machida should have to win a couple of fights before he gets a shot at the champion.

Shogun will destroy Machida again and if you put Forrest in there with him now, Forrest will look like he did against Anderson Silva.

/thread[/quote']

Rashad and Tito and Thiago are sugar coated fighters with no credible wins?

lawl

Stupid comment.

Shogun has beaten Overeem' date=' Arona x2, Rampage, Randleman, Coleman, Rogerio Nogueira, Liddell... WHo has Lyoto beaten? 2 guys with sugar coated records and no credible wins. Go learn things.

/thread[/quote']

this is what i'm talking about.i totally agree.shogun fought top fighters,Rampage(former ufc LHW champ),overeem(strikeforce hw champ),coleman(former ufc hw champ and HOF),lidell(former ufc lhw champ).

Stupid comment.

/thread[/quote']

Dude are you SERIOUS? Machida had a fight record before he was in the UFC. Just like most of Shogun's wins were outside of the UFC. Machida was the first person to beat Rich Franklin and by TKO. He beat BJ Penn (granted he is much bigger) He beat Vernon White. Thiago Silva, Rashad Evens, and David Heath were also all undefeated going into their fights with Machida. Just because the fight was close and you think Shogun won don't try to take away all the amazing fights this guy has finished.

Rashad and Tito and Thiago are sugar coated fighters with no credible wins?

lawl

Who has Rashad beaten? Forrest Griffin? Another over hyped fighter made popular by TUF. liddell? Aren't people discrediting Shogun for beating Liddell?

Thiago? Who did he fight before Machida? Houston Alexander? LOL.

Tito? He hasn't won a credible fight since Belfort.

On the flip side for Shogun you got

Kevin Randleman (former UFC HW champion)

Rampage (former UFC LHW champion has fought and beaten the best in the world)

Arona (holds victories ove Wanderlei in his prime, Henderson, Mezger, Horn, Murillo Rua)

Overeem (HW champion)

and over rashad's most credible win, Chuck Liddell

Do you really want to dig this grave any further?

Dude are you SERIOUS? Machida had a fight record before he was in the UFC. Just like most of Shogun's wins were outside of the UFC. Machida was the first person to beat Rich Franklin and by TKO. He beat BJ Penn (granted he is much bigger) He beat Vernon White. Thiago Silva' date=' Rashad Evens, and David Heath were also all undefeated going into their fights with Machida. Just because the fight was close and you think Shogun won don't try to take away all the amazing fights this guy has finished.[/quote']

I'll give him Franklin, that's about it. rashad is nothing but a guy made famous off of TUF who has never truly been tested. BJ Penn was a LW fighting a HW, what did you expect to happen? How would Sherk match up with Velasquez? Thiago Silva never beat a credible opponent and neither has David Heath. Like I said, sugar coated records. It's basically like Bisping.

Who has Rashad beaten? Forrest Griffin? Another over hyped fighter made popular by TUF. liddell? Aren't people discrediting Shogun for beating Liddell?

Thiago? Who did he fight before Machida? Houston Alexander? LOL.

Tito? He hasn't won a credible fight since Belfort.

On the flip side for Shogun you got

Kevin Randleman (former UFC HW champion)

Rampage (former UFC LHW champion has fought and beaten the best in the world)

Arona (holds victories ove Wanderlei in his prime' date=' Henderson, Mezger, Horn, Murillo Rua)

Overeem (HW champion)

and over rashad's most credible win, Chuck Liddell

Do you really want to dig this grave any further?[/quote']

Your "over hyped fighter from TUF" Forrest Griffin was winning all 3 rounds against Shogun before he choked him out to win the fight and beat Rampage. Machida gave Rich Franklin his first loss by TKO. Shogun barely beat a 45 year old Mark Colemane (who gassed in the beginning of the first round.) The Machida fight is the best showing he's had in years and it still wasn't enough to even threaten to finish the fight.It was a close desicion, now everyone wants to discredit Machida's record.

Your "over hyped fighter from TUF" Forrest Griffin was winning all 3 rounds against Shogun before he choked him out to win the fight and beat Rampage. Machida gave Rich Franklin his first loss by TKO. Shogun barely beat a 45 year old Mark Colemane (who gassed in the beginning of the first round.) The Machida fight is the best showing he's had in years and it still wasn't enough to even threaten to finish the fight.It was a close desicion' date=' now everyone wants to discredit Machida's record.[/quote']

And Shogun spent 12 of 18 months in bed with 2 blown out knees. Like I said, put them in there now and Forrest would get raped. Shogun was not in good health when he fought Coleman... look what happened when he was in good health... he knocked out Liddell with ease and sidelined Machida on medical leave.

You're acting like just because of the Shogun fight I'm discrediting Machida's record but judging by your post count of 57 you obviously haven't been around long enough to know that I said it before the Shogun fight that Machida has never been tested and I was right, because he got worked 2-1 in the striking and is on medical leave for his lip and hand (which hands are usually broken when a punch doesn't land right).

Shogun's resume is better than Machida's or anybody Machida has fought, except maybe Penn, which doesn't matter because the dude is a LW. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial, because it's written in black and white.

Funny how people discredit Shogun for his fights with Griffin and Coleman when he wasn't in good health but he exposed Machida as nothing but a good fighter and not the unstoppable wrecking machine people thought he was. Why? Because Machida had never been tested until then.

And Shogun spent 12 of 18 months in bed with 2 blown out knees. Like I said' date=' put them in there now and Forrest would get raped. Shogun was not in good health when he fought Coleman... look what happened when he was in good health... he knocked out Liddell with ease and sidelined Machida on medical leave.

You're acting like just because of the Shogun fight I'm discrediting Machida's record but you obviously haven't payed attention to my posts before. I said it before the Shogun fight that Machida has never been tested and I was right, because he got worked 2-1 in the striking and is on medical leave for his lip and hand (which hands are usually broken when a punch doesn't land right).

Shogun's resume is better than Machida's or anybody Machida has fought. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial, because it's written in black and white.

Funny how people discredit Shogun for his fights with Griffin and Coleman when he wasn't in good health but he exposed Machida as nothing but a good fighter and not the unstoppable wrecking machine people thought he was. Why? Because Machida had never been tested until then.[/quote']

Yeah I'm sure none of the world champion fighters like Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn, and Rashad Evans don't qualify as a test. And if Shogun was so unhealthy that he couldn't hang with Griffin and a very poor Mark Coleman he should have taken the time off. BTW he lost to Coleman in Pride. He had a good showing against Machida and that's all. If he can finish him in a rematch then good for him. In the meantime he is 2-2 in the UFC.

Yeah I'm sure none of the world champion fighters like Rich Franklin' date=' B.J. Penn, and Rashad Evans don't qualify as a test. And if Shogun was so unhealthy that he couldn't hang with Griffin and a very poor Mark Coleman he should have taken the time off. BTW he lost to Coleman in Pride. He had a good showing against Machida and that's all. If he can finish him in a rematch then good for him. In the meantime he is 2-2 in the UFC.[/quote']

have you seen the fight with Coleman in Pride? Dude, you're obviously new to this MMA thing so I'll have mercy on you. But it was a freak accident as bad as Cote's in his fight with Silva.

Again, who has Rashad beaten? Nobody.

Franklins list of victories is not as impressive as Shogun's either. Shogun's is full of champions and hall of famers.

I don't know why he took the fights. Maybe the same reason Nogueira took the Mir fight? But in most peoples eyes Nogueira is a hero for doing so while Shogun just sucks. lol. The irony.

He may be 2-2 in the UFC technically (although we all know he's 3-1), but he was 12-1 in Pride (which had just as high level competition if not more) with his only loss being a freak accident. He had 2 bad showings plagued with injuries, rebounds with 2 impressive victories and people discredit him for being injured? MMA fans are so selfish, ignorant and predictable. It's ok, though. Once Machida loses you'll go on to discredit him, too, just because he isn't on a 16 fight streak anymore.

have you seen the fight with Coleman in Pride? Dude' date=' you're obviously new to this MMA thing so I'll have mercy on you. But it was a freak accident as bad as Cote's in his fight with Silva.

Again, who has Rashad beaten? Nobody.

Franklins list of victories is not as impressive as Shogun's either. Shogun's is full of champions and hall of famers.

I don't know why he took the fights. Maybe the same reason Nogueira took the Mir fight? But in most peoples eyes Nogueira is a hero for doing so while Shogun just sucks. lol. The irony.

He may be 2-2 in the UFC technically (although we all know he's 3-1), but he was 12-1 in Pride (which had just as high level competition if not more) with his only loss being a freak accident. He had 2 bad showings plagued with injuries, rebounds with 2 impressive victories and people discredit him for being injured? MMA fans are so selfish, ignorant and predictable. It's ok, though. Once Machida loses you'll go on to discredit him, too, just because he isn't on a 16 fight streak anymore.[/quote']

I'm not at all new to the sport so I certainly don't need your "mercy." Coleman picked up Shogun and slammed him, breaking his arm. I don't call that a "freak" accident. A freak accident would be if the ring collapsed or a light truss fell on him. You are making excuses. Shogun is a great fighter and doesn't need you or anyone else to make excuses for him. Machida is a great fighter as well though. It was a close fight and Machida took the decision whether you agree or not. If I were you I would just look forward to a rematch and hope it goes better rather than trying convince everyone that Shogun is more "accomplished."

Archived