Cain V vs Frank M

chedderboss

I have noticed something about the last two appoinents cain has had and i realized they gave him cheick kongo, and ben rothwell who are both very good fighters with powerfull stand up and no ground game.

I think Cain should be test against someone who is used to fighting off their back,

like frank mir, or maybe nog ? what you think let me know.

I have noticed something about the last two appoinents cain has had and i realized they gave him cheick kongo' date=' and ben rothwell who are both very good fighters with powerfull stand up and no ground game.

I think Cain should be test against someone who is used to fighting off their back,

like frank mir, or maybe nog ? what you think let me know.[/quote']

I agree 100%. Depending on how Mir does in his next fight, i think it shold be Cain vs. Nog/Mir for #1 contender spot for next title shot.

I agree its time for him to step up in opposition. For whatever reason they have decided Carwin beating Gonzanga is all they need to see.

I think in any other organisation you would take your 1/2/3 challengers and have them fight in elminations.

But the UFC needs so many PPVs that they can;'t afford not to have the champions fighting all the time, and none of thhe top challengers wants to risk losing a non-title fight because the title fight is where the PPV money is.

Common sense tells you the big events come on their own timetable. They are a matter of luck and coincidence and most of all patience. The UFC does not get this, and I believe thats their achilles heel.

I have noticed something about the last two appoinents cain has had and i realized they gave him cheick kongo' date=' and ben rothwell who are both very good fighters with powerfull stand up and no ground game.

Frank M would not stand a chance against his wrestling ability. We already seen this when Brock owned him.

I agree its time for him to step up in opposition. For whatever reason they have decided Carwin beating Gonzanga is all they need to see.

I think in any other organisation you would take your 1/2/3 challengers and have them fight in elminations.

But the UFC needs so many PPVs that they can;'t afford not to have the champions fighting all the time' date=' and none of thhe top challengers wants to risk losing a non-title fight because the title fight is where the PPV money is.

Common sense tells you the big events come on their own timetable. They are a matter of luck and coincidence and most of all patience. The UFC does not get this, and I believe thats their achilles heel.[/quote']

dude, they did that because noone else was ready for a shot and carwin has an amazing record, i mean hes finished everybody he's faught in under 3 minutes, i know thats no champion credentials but its admirable, and HELL NO would i like to see Mir vs Velasquez, if, god forbid, Mir won then that would put him in line for another title shot and Lesnat vs Mir 3? i love watchin Mir get pounded but ive seen my fill lol Nog would be cool :D maybe even the winner of Gonzaga vs Dos Santos

i think carwin was justified for a title shot' date='

11 fights and nonone can get past 3 mintues without going to sleep. plus he is a monster to and can contended with brocks size.[/quote']

Agreed. I like Brock in this fight though.

This is what should happen if Lesner beats Carwin:

Carwin vs Cain

Big Nog vs Dos Santos

Winners fight for the next shot at Lesner. I don't want to see Mir vs Lesner III. It would look exactly the same as II.

yeah but cain does weight 300 llbs.

It was not the weight difference, it was the wrestling skill and the strength. Dude I was at 217 in one of my fights and my opponent was 6 inches taller and 255 and I had no problem with him. SO dont try to say it was because Brock weighed more. I think Cain and Brock would be the best match-up considering they are the best to wrestlers in the division by far despite the weight difference.

I sometimes wish Lesnar was never champion only because as Champion you're fighting a lot less than other fighters = /. I like watching Brock destroy people with his lunchboxes and wrestling but now that has reduced to once a year instead of every 4 months.

It was not the weight difference' date=' it was the wrestling skill and the strength. Dude I was at 217 in one of my fights and my opponent was 6 inches taller and 255 and I had no problem with him. SO dont try to say it was because Brock weighed more. I think Cain and Brock would be the best match-up considering they are the best to wrestlers in the division by far despite the weight difference.[/quote']

Your obviously clueless

Your obviously clueless

I have been a fan for many years and have competed for 8 years, so I think I ahve a clue. Brock is obviously 3 times stronger than Mir and his wrestling ability and strength combined is what you seen. Seems you are clueless and do not understand the domincance that wrestling can produce. You have any wrestling experience, I would say not.

anyone else notice how brock didnt want to stand up with Mir after getting hit in the face a few times? i think that fight would have turned out a lot differently if Mir didnt fall into a bad spot after kneeing Brocks face and nearly putting him out

That is one view of it I guess, all I noticed was Brock knew his strength and skill was superior to Mirs and wanted it to be long and painful, so he took him down , controlled him at will and beat him down.

That is one view of it I guess' date=' all I noticed was Brock knew his strength and skill was superior to Mirs and wanted it to be long and painful, so he took him down , controlled him at will and beat him down.[/quote']

i'm sorry i've to jump in as i hate Brock. true, brock knew his strength/skills that is because his ONLY STRENGTH/SKILL are laid on top of other fighers and punch them! that's it! he is good w/ wrestling that is because he is NOT a MMA fighter, he shuld really go back to wrestling. this is MMA! stand up and fight!

true he controlled Mir at woll and beat him donw. when a guy who weight like 290 at fight night and Mir only weight 245. sure brock can control him! its kinda like a MW or even LHW fighting LW. sigh

i'm sorry i've to jump in as i hate Brock. true' date=' brock knew his strength/skills that is because his ONLY STRENGTH/SKILL are laid on top of other fighers and punch them! that's it! he is good w/ wrestling that is because he is NOT a MMA fighter, he shuld really go back to wrestling. [b']this is MMA! stand up and fight![/b]

true he controlled Mir at woll and beat him donw. when a guy who weight like 290 at fight night and Mir only weight 245. sure brock can control him! its kinda like a MW or even LHW fighting LW. sigh

You kinda jinxed yourself bro. This is MMA, wich means there is a ground game involved. Sam Stout, Marcus Davis, A. Silva, W. Silva and others that only stand up, are generaly weaker on the ground (I know the Silvas are BJJ blackbelts, but Anderson has been out fought on the ground before, same with Wandy). Why wouldnt you want to take them out of thier comfort zone, and take them down to control them? Just sayin.

Cain v Mir would be an awsome fight though. I think it would be Cain showing that Mir losing to Lesnar on the ground was not a fluke, and Cain would dominate him in similar fashon. Im not retarded and think Mir has no chance, because he is #2 off his back in the HW division, but Cain's ability to control a guy on the ground, and outwork WWs I think would be too much for Mir. Thats just me.

Give me an example where Lesnar would appear to hate the clinch? And BTW Lesnar would snap Vera like a twig!

easy mate im a Lesnar fan but in his 2nd fight with Mir he hits him with 2 decent knees and he admitted himself he saw tweetie birds, its not what he's used to if someone had the power to control him IMO Lesnar would be in deep trouble, I said Vera is too small if he had 40 extra pounds and 2 more inches he'd be great lol

Cain would beat Mir, I'm confident in his wrestling.

Velasquez doesn't have knockout power, but the way he tossed Kongo AND Rothwell around shows that his wrestling is on a whole different level. I could easily see him shooting Mir and dropping him, then controlling him on the ground.

I do think Nog can take him though.

yeah i brought this up in the rothwell vs cain v fight thread

weve seen him fight good stand up fighters who can be easily taken down i think it is time to see him against off their back i think mir would be a good challege for him but think Nog is a bit out of his league at the moment but mir would be a great way of seeing how cain does against someone very well schooled in submissions

i'm sorry i've to jump in as i hate Brock. true' date=' brock knew his strength/skills that is because his ONLY STRENGTH/SKILL are laid on top of other fighers and punch them! that's it! he is good w/ wrestling that is because he is NOT a MMA fighter, he shuld really go back to wrestling. this is MMA! stand up and fight!

true he controlled Mir at woll and beat him donw. when a guy who weight like 290 at fight night and Mir only weight 245. sure brock can control him! its kinda like a MW or even LHW fighting LW. sigh[/quote']

Like I suspected you do not know anyhting about wrestling skills. By you saying that Brock jsut laid on top of Mir is downgrading Mir's BJJ skills. Surely a seasoned veteran such as Mir would not jsut allow Brock to lay there would he? It could be that Lesnar controlled the hip of mir leaving Mir helpless, you dont jsut lay on a Blackbelt BJJ guy.

He is not an MMA fighter?? YOu are being silly know considering he is the Heavyweight champ and defeated Mir with ease, remember Mir is a bjj blackbelt. Did you see Mir's face after the Lesnar fight? There was more hurt there other than pride I can tell you that.

I lol at you for even considering that a Blackbelt would let a heavy guy just lay there and pound on him

personally i dont think the ufc will do it because if mir ends up winning againstt kongo and cain. then evryone will have to sit through lesnar and mir for the third time and usually that dosent happen. unless your couture and liddell the most popular fighters ever. but on the other hand i bet poeple would like to see one of lesnars arms getting ripped off this time

Mir is out of the picture in my opinion. After the fight with Couture, I think that Big Nog is working his way back to the top. Nog wants that shot. On the other hand; Cain Velasquez is a hungry fighter, and he's looking more impressive every fight. This fight would be a real war between contrasting styles. Cain has great wrestling, and Nog has great jj. Let's see 'em fight.

Mir is out of the picture in my opinion. After the fight with Couture' date=' I think that Big Nog is working his way back to the top. Nog wants that shot. On the other hand; Cain Velasquez is a hungry fighter, and he's looking more impressive every fight. This fight would be a real war between contrasting styles. Cain has great wrestling, and Nog has great jj. Let's see 'em fight.[/quote']

I don't think Mir will fight Brock again, he is to smart to make that decision to do so.

I don't think Mir will fight Brock again' date=' he is to smart to make that decision to do so.[/quote']

He does want a third go with Lesnar. I would watch it because Mir got too ****y I think in the second one, so he would focus a little bit more, and make it a great fight. It would be cool.

He does want a third go with Lesnar. I would watch it because Mir got too ****y I think in the second one' date=' so he would focus a little bit more, and make it a great fight. It would be cool.[/quote']

I would have to disagree with that. Brock Lesnar would destroy him yet again. I honestly believe that.

I think the next fight should be Cain/Nog for number 1 contender after Carwin.

Winner of Mir/Kongo vs loser of Cain/Nog' date=' and winner of that vs the winner of Gonzaga/Dos Santos for number 1 contender after that.[/quote']

I agree fully with this ^^^

I would have to disagree with that. Brock Lesnar would destroy him yet again. I honestly believe that.

So do I, but he wouldnt let Lesnar destroy him as badly again I dont think. I dont know, I like both of these guys, so maybe Im just hoping. :)

Agreed. I'd like to see Cain vs. Nog to establish the next title shot, and then have the winner of Dos Santos vs. Gonzaga face the winner of Mir vs. Kongo to establish the one after that.

I dont think that cain, can control mir like brock did. Cain and mir are very similar in size, and Mir has better stand up then cain, so what would happen is, Mir would start teeing off on cains face, cain would shoot in and take mir down, mir would land on his back and immediately be looking for a sub or a sweep, cain would try and posture up, to no avail, and eventually would get submitted or the fight would be restarted, where mir could work his improved stand up some more! I hate frank mir, i really hate cain, he is the most boring heavyweight, even more so then brock! would like to see Big Nog vs carwain, or cain, so he can get a damn title shot and end brocks reign! The future of the division is Dos santons!

Cain has now bjj but mir is not a great fighter in my opinion he is very overater, Cain vs dos santos or Gonzaga would be a good fight but if there trying to build Cain up they wont give him a guy on the ground, just someone else who will be overhyped or underprerpared like Kongo(took the fight on two weeks notice which the ufc never mentions when they talk about how good he is)

I dont like that matchup at all

Of course It would give Cain good ''ground opposition''. If he wins over Mir, it make a big statement. But if he lose, Mir is far from ready to get another tittle shot. (2 more fights at least) and fans will all complain about Cain ''real deal' status.

I'd rather see a guy who won his last fight with great ground skills...let say Nog . So the winner will be in a winning streak and might be ready for a tittle shot.

It was not the weight difference' date=' it was the wrestling skill and the strength. Dude I was at 217 in one of my fights and my opponent was 6 inches taller and 255 and I had no problem with him. SO dont try to say it was because Brock weighed more. I think Cain and Brock would be the best match-up considering they are the best to wrestlers in the division by far despite the weight difference.[/quote']

i disagreee with you man its a mix of brocks size and skill, sure he is good but he is good at being big if you get what iam sayin. the wrestling brock uses is what i call "lay on them and punch" cain is more of a "ake them down and try and hurt them but have no power".

Wrestlers are boring fighters and brock is the most boring off all. he but his weight on frank and just hit him nothing impressive, if he weights the same as frank it wouldn have been the same. (ps i dont even think frank mir is THAT good)

Archived