A Different take on PPV UFC events

WhiteGorillaGump

How i'd change them if i were Dana

I think the UFC feels the need to have a PPV (sometimes 2) event every month and i think that's ridiculously greedy..IMO the UFC should have one huge ppv card every 3 months and have free spike events in between...rather than having 1 ppv at least a month...if they had, say 4 to 5 huge ppv's a year and the rest on spike they'd pull in much more money on the PPV cards because they could have much better cards for the ppv events and keep the Bisping's,Sadollah's,Triggs and other not so "top tier" fighters on the cards..my opinion...although I realize bars order the events i'm just thinking more homes would order the bigger events..like UFC !00 and 108 for example

If you don't like what's on the card don't watch...personally I can't say that I've been disappointed with any of the UFC PPVs in the past few years. The only let-downs I've experienced have been when the fighters don't perform or the judging/scoring has been awful. Neither of those are faults of the UFC.

I was a boxing fan in the 80s and 90s and I remember waiting for months for big fights, and when they did finally happen the undercard fights were almost always lame. I guess that experience has made me grateful that we get to see top talent fighting often in MMA.

If you don't like what's on the card don't watch...personally I can't say that I've been disappointed with any of the UFC PPVs in the past few years. The only let-downs I've experienced have been when the fighters don't perform or the judging/scoring has been awful. Neither of those are faults of the UFC.

Thanks for hitting my point on the head(If you don't like the card don't watch)I won't be watching ufc 106 at my house...i'll probably go to a bar...there's 45 dollars i can spend on beer or food,rather than wasting on a terrible ppv card...I will however, order 107 and 108 because they are worth ordering

You talk like if you go watch it at the bar that the UFC doesn't get paid... um they do... the bars do not pay $49.95 for the fights...

To reduce the number of PPV's will reduce the amount of money fighters get paid and we all know how much you all here love to complain about that one. Do you think that Spike and it's advertisers pay for an event what the UFC makes in gate and their % of PPV revenues?

How i'd change them if i were Dana

I think the UFC feels the need to have a PPV (sometimes 2) event every month and i think that's ridiculously greedy..IMO the UFC should have one huge ppv card every 3 months and have free spike events in between...rather than having 1 ppv at least a month...if they had' date=' say 4 to 5 huge ppv's a year and the rest on spike they'd pull in much more money on the PPV cards because they could have much better cards for the ppv events and keep the Bisping's,Sadollah's,Triggs and other not so "top tier" fighters on the cards..my opinion...although I realize bars order the events i'm just thinking more homes would order the bigger events..like UFC !00 and 108 for example[/quote']

IMo i would love to have a ppv at least every 2 weeks , if we could have one every weekend it would be ****ing awsome , i know money is tight but thats why you have your boys come over and pitch in.DO IT DANAAAAAA

IMo i would love to have a ppv at least every 2 weeks ' date=' if we could have one every weekend it would be ****ing awsome , i know money is tight but thats why you have your boys come over and pitch in.DO IT DANAAAAAA[/quote']

Yeah i'd be fine with every 2-3 weeks

Yeah i'd be fine with every 2-3 weeks

A Pay Per View every 2-3 weeks?? and watch who fight?...

Main Event

CroCop Gonzaga 2

co Main event

Griffin Bonnar 3

Mypoint was that the PPVs would be better cards if they didnt have one every month...i t was never about me spending money,it was about spending money on fights worthy of having money spent on them

IMo i would love to have a ppv at least every 2 weeks ' date=' if we could have one every weekend it would be ****ing awsome , i know money is tight but thats why you have your boys come over and pitch in.DO IT DANAAAAAA[/quote']

you'd pay for a ppv event every weekend even though there are only 5 champions...are the Champs supposed to fight every month to make PPVs relevant?...thats retarted

Yeahhhh, 2-3 PPV's a month is crazy. I wouldn't mind a monthly PPV and a fight night live once a month like boxing, that'd be great. Friday night fights concept some thing like that. The free fights being your preliminary/discover new fighter kind of fights. The PPV being you upper echelon top 10 fighters from various weight classes. There's enough good lightweights alone to pull that off, none the less, ww/mw/lhw/hw lower tier fighters for monthly fight nights. It'll never happen but some wishful thinking:rolleyes:, It would also seed the mma surgance into mainstream even deeper.

you'd pay for a ppv event every weekend even though there are only 5 champions...are the Champs supposed to fight every month to make PPVs relevant?...thats retarted

They could do the Strikeforce thing, and make every other event a strictly challenger series. Plus, some of the best fights in my opinion have been non title fights: Franklin v W. Silva, Sanchez v Guida, Liddell v W. Silva, all were main events or co-main events. Some title fights are easy to call as soon as they are made: A. Silva v Leities, Cote, Marquardt, Liddell v Horn 2, Lesnar v Mir 2 (because Mir got too loose with arrogance I think), A. Silva v Franklin 2... See my point? When youre not fighting for a belt, I think you have a lot more to prove, and you dont have to worry as much about hype either. Thats just me.

I'm all for a PPV every two weeks and charge $20 instead of $50. Then once every 3 months or so' date=' put a monster card together and charge $50. Solves everybody's problems.[/quote']

There we go..if they could knock it down to 20 bucks for the not so great cards(see 106) and 50 for the greaat cards(108) i'd be very happy...good point sir

There we go..if they could knock it down to 20 bucks for the not so great cards(see 106) and 50 for the greaat cards(108) i'd be very happy...good point sir

Cards like 106, and especially 105 I get more excited about. Because the guys that we dont know, always show up and aww the masses. Paul Daley for example. The relative unkown or cards that do not "grab" your attention are usually the best ones. At least for me.

Lowering PPV costs while increasing events is not a good idea.

Remember, UFC has to hire countless of people to make the magic happen. Fortunately for all of us, Strikeforce will finally start seeming like a contender for the MMA race, meaning that Dana White is bound release his grip in hopes of keeping us around.

For the first time in awhile, I would have watched a Strikeforce event over a UFC card.

I don't have a problem with the system working the way it does now. I think that the price is reasonable (especially when split with a couple friends) and they are spaced out pretty well. I think that the idea of changing the PPV price based on the fight card is good in theory, but would prove to work against the fans if it ever happened. The UFC isn't going to take a loss, they'd just charge $60-75 for big cards and keep the normal cards at around 50. The only thing I'd like to see is more fight nights on Spike, so that some of the lesser known guys can shine.

Archived