A ledgends leauge

LittleNero

Would you guys be interested in watching past greats compete against one another? Obviously it's not very realistic to believe that the legends from the earlier days can be contenders or even seriously competitive with the top tier fighters of today but wouldn't it be great to see some rematches of historic fights or match-ups that never got to happen for happen for one reason or another? I'm sure there are dozens of fighters who are past their prime but would love the opportunity to get back in the octagon, settle some old scores, avenge earlier defeats and make some money!

Your thoughts?

I simply think they're too old by now. Don Frye' date=' Dan Severn, Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock... it just wouldn't work. But I still watch their old fights. :)[/quote']

Sure they're too old to fight the younger new elite fighters but these guys still have mad skills and watching them fight would be a helluva a lot more entertaining than watching less skilled, muscle bound, newbs go at it...don't believe me? Watch TUF 10.

Sure they're too old to fight the younger new elite fighters but these guys still have mad skills and watching them fight would be a helluva a lot more entertaining than watching less skilled' date=' muscle bound, newbs go at it...don't believe me? Watch TUF 10.[/quote']

Yeah, TUF 10 hasn't been very impressive but tbh I wouldn't see this being to great, either. I doubt most of the guys train like they would need to compete at the best of their abilities.

I simply think they're too old by now. Don Frye' date=' Dan Severn, Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock... it just wouldn't work. But I still watch their old fights. :)[/quote']

I'm young, train 3-4 days a week, and I wouldn't fight any of the guys on that list. They might be "old" in UFC terms, but they are far from dead and I'm sure they still have a few good rounds left in them. Look at Randy...

and TUF10 is the worst season yet btw

I'm young' date=' train 3-4 days a week, and I wouldn't fight any of the guys on that list. They might be "old" in UFC terms, but they are far from dead and I'm sure they still have a few good rounds left in them. Look at Randy...

and TUF10 is the worst season yet btw[/quote']

Agreed TUF 10 is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you guys be interested in watching past greats compete against one another? Obviously it's not very realistic to believe that the legends from the earlier days can be contenders or even seriously competitive with the top tier fighters of today but wouldn't it be great to see some rematches of historic fights or match-ups that never got to happen for happen for one reason or another? I'm sure there are dozens of fighters who are past their prime but would love the opportunity to get back in the octagon' date=' settle some old scores, avenge earlier defeats and make some money!

Your thoughts?[/quote']

I talked about this in another thread, and I agree with you. Guys like Randy, Tito, Chuck, Rich, Wand, Cro Cop are guys I was referring to. These guys, like them or not, have all contributed things to MMA that can never be taken away. Because of this, I don't want to see them as stepping stones or gatekeepers. Some are already referred to as such, and I don't like hearing it, myself. BUT...I think it would be hard to convince most of these guys to do so. They may see it as a 'senior' league...

it would be a good idea' date=' and interesting fights, just shorten the rounds to 3minutes a round or something, The only problem is i dont know if they would get approval to fight anymore from the athletic departments[/quote']

Good point! At some point the Athletic Commission has to get involved.

A ledgends leauge?

ledgend?

leauge?

what the **** are those?

how about a suppar havy waight divasiun.

or better yet.... why not a league of legendary fighters? we could call it a lagunds leege.

Are you really making fun of type-O's? Honestly? Just one question for you...with your 3rd world public school system, and due to the fact that you can barely speak or communicate in english, how would you do trying to express your thought son a website that wasn't even in your poorly spoken natural language? Exactly. You're a dumb american so stfu :)

Archived