Why am I still seeing commercial ads with Lesnar vs. Carwin?

mdm514

As currently as five minutes ago on Spike, the UFC is still advertising Lesnar/Carwin with Ortiz/Griffin as second main event. Hasn't it been over a week since the UFC announced Lesnar's withdrawal on their own site? You would think it would only take a few phone calls from UFC to the networks to keep it from running. You would think they would have a new commercial showing Griffin/Ortiz as main event, considering all it takes is a little video editing and a new voice-over. Are they doing it as part of some sort of misdirection strategy? I hope not.

As currently as five minutes ago on Spike' date=' the UFC is still advertising Lesnar/Carwin with Ortiz/Griffin as second main event. Hasn't it been over a week since the UFC announced Lesnar's withdrawal on their own site? You would think it would only take a few phone calls from UFC to the networks to keep it from running. You would think they would have a new commercial showing Griffin/Ortiz as main event, considering all it takes is a little video editing and a new voice-over. Are they doing it as part of some sort of misdirection strategy? I hope not.[/quote']

Still trying to sell tickets under a false pretense I guess.

You know what annoys me other than the fact that they're still playing that commercial? How one sided it is. It might as well be an advertisement for Shane Carwin. I don't get it. It says Brock's name like once, and shows one clip of him walking to the octagon. Don't get me wrong, I hate Brock with a passion and hope Shane destroys him, but I dont see why the challenger gets more commercial time than the current champion.

some of it I get, knowing a little backround in advertising. They spent time and money to produce the spots, and paid a good amount to air them, which usually are preselected times. So they would have to pull the spots untill they produce another one, but since I don't think the line up is secured yet, they probally just decided to leave it as is.

but its annoying I agree, since they run so much.

As currently as five minutes ago on Spike' date=' the UFC is still advertising Lesnar/Carwin with Ortiz/Griffin as second main event. Hasn't it been over a week since the UFC announced Lesnar's withdrawal on their own site? You would think it would only take a few phone calls from UFC to the networks to keep it from running. You would think they would have a new commercial showing Griffin/Ortiz as main event, considering all it takes is a little video editing and a new voice-over. Are they doing it as part of some sort of misdirection strategy? I hope not.[/quote']

Sigh, you people who are going to support this retard have no sense of HOW THE WORLD WORKS. Do you think the second they make the commercial they put it on the television screen you so intensly admire? They OBVIOUSLY make them in advance. There is something called "EDITING" involved. Once you all get to high school im sure you'll understand.

Sigh' date=' you people who are going to support this retard have no sense of HOW THE WORLD WORKS. Do you think the second they make the commercial they put it on the television screen you so intensly admire? They OBVIOUSLY make them in advance. There is something called "EDITING" involved. Once you all get to high school im sure you'll understand.[/quote']

we know, idiot. we are just commenting on how its annoying to see an ad about a fight that isnt happening till probably like july 2010, not the details behind creating a television commercial.

and by keeping the lesnar/carwin commercial, they not only have a chance to dupe people that just follow lesnar and know nothing about the actual sport, but they also dont have to spend more money to make a new commercial

Sigh' date=' you people who are going to support this retard have no sense of HOW THE WORLD WORKS. Do you think the second they make the commercial they put it on the television screen you so intensly admire? They OBVIOUSLY make them in advance. There is something called "EDITING" involved. Once you all get to high school im sure you'll understand.[/quote']

Pathetic. But congrats for a post both psuedo patronising AND naive. A great combo. Now we only need a post to reflect what a tool you are. Oh wait, no need.

Archived