Minotauro vs. Cain Velasquez eumoured for UFC 108

johnthebrit

Minotauro vs. Cain Velasquez at UFC 108

Wednesday 04th of November 2009 05:28 PM

Photo Marcelo Alonso

Since the victory over Randy Couture at UFC 102, the Brazilian Rodrigo ?Minotauro? Nogueira was rumored to fight the loser of the title fight between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin, but the postponement of the bout forced the UFC to change the plans. According to Sensei Sportv?s blog, Nogueira?s manager confirmed that the Brazilian will face the undefeated heavyweight Cain Velasquez at UFC 108, which takes place at January 2. Stay tuned at TATAME.com for more news about the UFC.

http://tatame.com/2009/11/04/Minotauro-vs-Cain-Velasquez-at-UFC-108

I like both fighters and its plain to see that Cain is the future of the HW div. The question is does Nogueira still have it? Yea, he beat Randy in his last fight but did get hit with some hard shots. Cain hits alot harder then Randy. On the other hand Nogueira is great with sub and I sure Cain will try to take him down. I can't call it!! Either way its going to be a great fight!

If Cain can't knock out Kongo in more than 200 strikes there is absolutly no way that he is going to T/KO my man Big Nog, that chin is diamond. Not to mention Cain's fighting style, take it to the ground and pound it out, which plays perfectly into Minotauro's sub game. Prediction:

Stand for 1 min, Nog's boxing prevails, Cain gets a takedown, sweep, Big Nog Arm Triangle.

If Cain can't knock out Kongo in more than 200 strikes there is absolutly no way that he is going to T/KO my man Big Nog' date=' that chin is diamond. Not to mention Cain's fighting style, take it to the ground and pound it out, which plays perfectly into Minotauro's sub game. Prediction:

Stand for 1 min, Nog's boxing prevails, Cain gets a takedown, sweep, Big Nog Arm Triangle.[/quote']

Agreed this will most likelky happen 100%.

SOOOO siked for this fight... 108 card is definately going to be one of the best, most anticipated PPV to date.

I like both fighters and its plain to see that Cain is the future of the HW div. The question is does Nogueira still have it? Yea' date=' he beat Randy in his last fight but did get hit with some hard shots. Cain hits alot harder then Randy. On the other hand Nogueira is great with sub and I sure Cain will try to take him down. I can't call it!! Either way its going to be a great fight![/quote']

uhhh im not to sure that cain hits harder than randy

If Nog beats Cain and gets a title shot and beats Lesnar (asuming hes still title holder) his rank is gonna skyrocket.

Minotauro's got this one in the bag. Of course Cain is going to take it to the ground and he never displays THAT much power once he's there. I think his style leaves him BEGGING for a submission.

this is a one hell of of a fight.now,cain will face somebody who has a very good ground game,can his tactics of gnp work on nog?i've seen nog lying on his back and get beaten up so bad with his fight against fedor.for me,cain has better striking than nog.but i have to go for big nog on this one.but it will be a tough fight.

Pretty awesome fight' date=' hope it happens. If it does I see Nog winning this one with a quick sub[/quote']

i agree. 2nd round, after a beating by cain. this would be a dope fight - i'd like nog to win so he can fight for the title again, as I think he was robbed by mir since he was so poorly prepared. If he fights lesnar he would either win, proving he's still great, or he'd lose, proving lesnar really does have it.

Minotauro vs. Cain Velasquez at UFC 108

Wednesday 04th of November 2009 05:28 PM

Photo Marcelo Alonso

Since the victory over Randy Couture at UFC 102' date=' the Brazilian Rodrigo ?Minotauro? Nogueira was rumored to fight the loser of the title fight between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin, but the postponement of the bout forced the UFC to change the plans. According to Sensei Sportv?s blog, Nogueira?s manager confirmed that the Brazilian will face the undefeated heavyweight Cain Velasquez at UFC 108, which takes place at January 2. Stay tuned at TATAME.com for more news about the UFC.

http://tatame.com/2009/11/04/Minotauro-vs-Cain-Velasquez-at-UFC-108[/quote']

i heard that it has been put on the 109 card where matt hughes will be fighting and serra v trigg. Hughes's match yet to be announced though. But think Velasquez will do Nog

This is Cain's test to prove his critics wrong about his Punching power.

Minotauro has a iron chin. not easy to KO.

Cain has finished 4 of his UFC bouts with TKO's so his punching power mixed with his skill is getting the job done.

as far as him agaist Brock. Brock is just too big and it would be very difficult for him to give Brock any trouble at all.

Minotauro vs Cain is gonna be a grat fight cant wait to see it

If Big Nog stands up' date=' I fear that Cain will knock him out like how Mir did, so I hope Big Nog takes it to the ground and make him submit.[/quote']

Big Nog's standup is exceptional, he's a great striker and has an iron chin, the only reason Mir finished him with such ease was due to a staph infection. I think with the exception of wrestling, Nog's better than him in most areas. We saw at 102 how well he can hang with world class wrestlers, I like his chances for this one.

I'll take Nog by sub...he likes to take a beating before he slips in the subs, so maybe in round 2...

On another note, why do people keep referencing Nog v Mir as why Nog cannot strike or has no chin? I thought it was common knowledge he was battling an illness and probably shouldn't have been fighting...

The question we should ask ourselves is: Would Cain survive a choke like the one Randy got out of at 102. And I say: No f'n way. 95% of all Non-Cotoure fighters wouldn't have made it out of there. Velasquez hasn't even demonstrated enough KO power so one could award him the usual "puncher's chance". The only way he takes this is by some outrageous referee-decision or sth. like that.

Archived