Rampage Gets to pick his fight. WTF???

fightenfan

It's also because the fight match ups work.

Roy Nelson vs Wren is a solid fight style wise

James vs I think it was Jon (or whoever it was where they have a rivalry)

You could mix and match the last two fights I suppose, but style wise there's nothing wrong with it going any way it could go. If anything Marcus vs Darrill is happening due to Dana wanting ratings because of the friction on Rampage and Darrills behalf.

I will tell you why he gets to...he has a professional Big show MMA record of 30-7 with 14 or 15 knock outs and Carlton Banks ( Rashad ) has a record of 13-1 with 5 TKOs.

Let me summarize ..2x as many fights, 3 times as many knock outs...I think he sure as hell earned the right!

I will tell you why he gets to...he has a professional Big show MMA record of 30-7 with 14 or 15 knock outs and Carlton Banks ( Rashad ) has a record of 13-1 with 5 TKOs.

Let me summarize ..2x as many fights' date=' 3 times as many knock outs...I think he sure as hell earned the right![/quote']

That would give him the right to pick his next figher HE fought, But he is leaving the UFC right now for acting.

Yea he has a good record but that has nothing to do with the show.

The best fight he has had in a while was with the door.

lol

That would give him the right to pick his next figher HE fought' date=' But he is leaving the UFC right now for acting.

Yea he has a good record but that has nothing to do with the show.

The best fight he has had in a while was with the door.

lol[/quote']

Knocking out Wanderlei and beating Jardine are just two fights that he has had in the last 12 months! So the door aint his best fight!

It does have to do with the show because that is why the president of the company Dana gave him the pick - out of respect.

I don't get Dana White allowing Rampage to have his pick, but its apparently misplaced sympathy. It really doesn't matter since Marcus would have still been matched up with someone they felt he could beat to hype up a later fight with a better challenger.

I really don't understand this misguided loyalty to Rampage either by Team Rampage. Rampage is funny, but kind of a punk and did little to nothing to improve the skills of any of those fighters besides providing opportunity for conditioning and lack luster coaching from his staff. Kimbo and Marcus seemed to learn the most, but I think that's due to their lesser knowledge of the sport.

Rashad is arrogant, but the coaching efforts of him and his staff were second to none. I think Team Rampage, especially Kimbo, is ignorant not to take advantage of the opportunity to train with and learn from Rashad and his staff. Team Rashad didn't get 7 into the Quarterfinals by accident.

Let's see...Darrel is asked who he wants to fight. He says Matt or Marcus. Matt and James want to fight each other. Marcus is asked who he wants to fight. Marcus then leaves the choice to rampage. Rampage says Darrel and Marcus agrees. So we end up having Matt vs James (1st choice vs 1st choice) and Marcus vs Darrel (1st choice vs 1st/2nd choice). I fail to see the problem.

Let's see...Darrel is asked who he wants to fight. He says Matt or Marcus. Matt and James want to fight each other. Marcus is asked who he wants to fight. Marcus then leaves the choice to rampage. Rampage says Darrel and Marcus agrees. So we end up having Matt vs James (1st choice vs 1st choice) and Marcus vs Darrel (1st choice vs 1st/2nd choice). I fail to see the problem.

hey marcus had one of the best fights on the show, and he was dominating for all but five seconds of the fight so he deserved a little extra say in who he wanted to fight. at least more than matt. and if he said he wanted his coach to pick let him than thats what he wants to happen. plus what the quote above says. everyone pretty much got what they wanted. why is everyone so mad?

hey marcus had one of the best fights on the show' date=' and he was dominating for all but five seconds of the fight so he deserved a little extra say in who he wanted to fight. at least more than matt. and if he said he wanted his coach to pick let him than thats what he wants to happen. plus what the quote above says. everyone pretty much got what they wanted. why is everyone so mad?[/quote']

ok

lol

for the 3rd time

I was wrong and im sorry

I now understand what happend.

Archived