Quarterfinals predictions

Hypnotik2717

Roy Nelson vs. Justin Wren:

Big Country by Un. decision (even though I hope Wren knocks him out cold)

Brendan Schaub vs. Jon Madsen:

My fav. fight of them all, gonna be a war. Can Jon get Brendan down and control him like he did Abe? Can Brendan keep it standing? I'm calling Brendan by TKO.

James McSweeney vs. Matt Mitrione:

Neither fighter impressed me in the least bit. Both have poor cardio and the first one to burn out we'll get taken out. I like James in this one.

Marcus Jones vs. Darrill Schoonover:

Darrill seems to be pretty well-rounded, but can he bully around Big Marcus? I think each other's ground game will get canceled out so I look for this one to stay standing up for a while. Big Marcus by un. decision.

Of course I haven't followed any of these guys so this is all based off of seeing them on the show. Any thoughts?

i absolutely hate roy nelson with a passion, i in the end i think hes gonna pull off the ud'd but wren could knock him out

jon didnt showcase nothin but wrestling with abe, and in my opinion brendan is way more well rounded and is gonna knock jon out cold

i saw a james kickboxing match on some website a while back and i think his cardio was so bad because he came in out of shape, now that weeks have progressed i see him in better shape knockin out matt easily but matt is prolly out so maybe him and kimbo dukin it out

Big Marcus is gonna finish ******* by sub or ko first round :D

My fav. fight of them all' date=' gonna be a war. Can Jon get Brendan down and control him like he did Abe? Can Brendan keep it standing? I'm calling Brendan by TKO.

Neither fighter impressed me in the least bit. Both have poor cardio and the first one to burn out we'll get taken out. I like James in this one.

Darrill seems to be pretty well-rounded, but can he bully around Big Marcus? I think each other's ground game will get canceled out so I look for this one to stay standing up for a while. Big Marcus by un. decision.

Of course I haven't followed any of these guys so this is all based off of seeing them on the show. Any thoughts?[/quote']

I don't care if i am wrong 1million times, i'm picking anyone against fat boy roy, i don't care what his reasoning is for his performance, his attitude sucks. Nothing about this guy that is likeable. so i'm picking Wren hopefully by brutal GnP.

Madsen v Schaub - Schaub is my pick to be one of the fighters in the finals at the finale. so i'm taking him in this one, plus i wasn't real impressed with madsen in his first fight.

McSweeney v Mitrone -well if the preview for next weeks show is for real it looks like this fight isn't gonna happen, but if it does and they both are 100% going by their first fight, it depends on who gases first, but Mitrone was throwing bomb in his fight against Junk so if they fight, i'm goin with Mitrone.

The Darkness v The tities

Marcus jones v Darrill Shoonover - again wasn't real impressed with tities so i'm giving the edge to marcus unless it gets to the second round, during the training portions of the show it looks like Marcus has a real hard time with cardio and that will hurt him, but IDK how tities cardio is either. Marcus

My fav. fight of them all' date=' gonna be a war. Can Jon get Brendan down and control him like he did Abe? Can Brendan keep it standing? I'm calling Brendan by TKO.

Of course I haven't followed any of these guys so this is all based off of seeing them on the show. Any thoughts?[/quote']

Roy Nelson Vs. Justin Wren - I've got Nelson here. Probably by decision. He just has more experience.

Brendan Schaub Vs. Jon Madsen - Going to have to go with Schaub. He seems to be in better shape and he is confident. That goes a long way.

James McSweeney Vs. Matt Mitrione - I could care less who wins this fights. Whoever it is isn't going to make it past the semi's, so it doesn't really matter. Just because Matt's conditioning is so poor, I'll take Mcsweeney by decision. Unless of course Matt gets in a lucky shot early. I would much rather see McSweeney fight someone else. I'm actually hoping for him to fight Kimbo. It would be a war.

Marcus Jones Vs. Darrill Schoonover - Marcus Jones has been my favorite to win the whole thing from the beginning, based off of just attitude. Now that I see he has a good ground game I'm even more confident in him. I think he will take out Darrill just as easily as he took out Wessel. Darrill can't take a joke and is an alcoholic.

Those are my opinions.

Schaub vs. Madsen - Schaub by TKO.

Wren vs. Nelson - I think Wren is gonna shock everyone and pull out the victory. Wren's BJJ is pretty impressive. Even if he loses, Wren's gonna be in the UFC way longer than Nelson anyway. Dana flat out dislikes Nelson, so unless he wins the whole thing I bet Dana's gonna cut him after his first UFC loss just so he doesn't have to deal with him.

McSweeney vs. Mitrione is stupid. The guys with the worst cardio fighting. Both of these guys deserve to have been fed to clearly better fighters like Jones or Schoonover. I'll give it to Mitrione though, since he was landing bigger shots in his fight when McSweeney didn't do much.

Jones vs. Schoonover - interesting, because these guys were both really impressive off their backs and I think both will do well in the UFC. I think they both have good enough BJJ to not easily fall into a submission, so I think the deciding factor is gonna be Jones pulling a Lesnar and bullying Schoonover with his weight. Jones by first round TKO or submission.

Archived