Is Fedor as good as his fans think he is???

Misfit6669

Fedor%20Emelianenko.jpg

With Fedor's not so big fight coming up, it got me thinking about this topic again. How great is Fedor? I know we all think Fedor's poop doesn't stink but I think over the last 2 years my opinion has really changed on him. First off, he's not the god or machine that I thought he was. Second, I'm not even sure how great he really is.

Now wait, just sit down and don't go all huffy and puffy on me yet. I'm going to take a stroll down memory lane and look back at Fedor's career. In doing so, I'm going to re-evaluate his victories and see what I've learned since then. Right now, I have doubts but want to go back and look into each fight and see how good the victory really was.

Rest of article. - http://mmacrypt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1069

Fedor%20Emelianenko.jpg

With Fedor's not so big fight coming up' date=' it got me thinking about this topic again. How great is Fedor? I know we all think Fedor's poop doesn't stink but I think over the last 2 years my opinion has really changed on him. First off, he's not the god or machine that I thought he was. Second, I'm not even sure how great he really is.

Now wait, just sit down and don't go all huffy and puffy on me yet. I'm going to take a stole down memory lane and look back at Fedor's career. In doing so, I'm going to re-evaluate his victories and see what I've learned since then. Right now, I have doubts but want to go back and look into each fight and see how good the victory really was.

Rest of article. - http://mmacrypt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1069[/quote']

I just tubed his last 10, .. I doubt if Rogers will even show up (Emelianenko vs Randleman),

... can Grim fans spell swine-flu ? .. :rolleyes:

Whether or not his competition recently has been top notch, for many years he was dismantling top HWs and climbed to the top of the HW division.

Now if you are #1 HW in the world, and you are still actively fighting, taking fights, then you can't lose your #1 status until you are beaten.

You need to beat Fedor if you want to be considered #1, plain and simple. whether you think hes old and slow or not.

Fedor%20Emelianenko.jpg

With Fedor's not so big fight coming up' date=' it got me thinking about this topic again. How great is Fedor? I know we all think Fedor's poop doesn't stink but I think over the last 2 years my opinion has really changed on him. First off, he's not the god or machine that I thought he was. Second, I'm not even sure how great he really is.

Now wait, just sit down and don't go all huffy and puffy on me yet. I'm going to take a stole down memory lane and look back at Fedor's career. In doing so, I'm going to re-evaluate his victories and see what I've learned since then. Right now, I have doubts but want to go back and look into each fight and see how good the victory really was.

Rest of article. - http://mmacrypt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1069[/quote']

Yeah all of his victories are great. He will stand and bang with anybody, roll with a dangerous Big Nog twice and win. He is the real deal. Get ready for Brett to tap really quick in this fight. Its just hype Brett isnt on his level.

Yeah all of his victories are great. He will stand and bang with anybody' date=' roll with a dangerous Big Nog twice and win. He is the real deal. Get ready for Brett to tap really quick in this fight. Its just hype Brett isnt on his level.[/quote']

If Bret is not on his level then who is? Certainly not some of Fedors previous opponents like Matt Lindland of all people, isn't The Law a MW anyhow?

Fedor will be the best in the world until someone is able to beat him. My guess is that he'll sub Rogers in the first round after eating a big punch or two. Then he'll get a shot at Overeem in early 2010, which will be a very interesting fight, but one that Fedor should win. (on paper anyway, but Overeem is a beast and anything can happen) So that will pretty much wipe out any real competition at Strikeforce, leaving him almost no choice but to fight in the UFC or retire. But I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

i recently wrote a blog on why Fedor is the best, it's simple. "to be the best, you have to beat the best" everyone is in agreement that fedor was the best in 2005 so why should he have to chase the competition, should Machida go to strikforce just to fight Mousasi to prove he is the best? no, Mousasi has to come to the UFC. if Dana White really wants to prove that Fedor isn't the greatest then he has to send Brock, Randy or whoever to fight him. If Brock really wants to prove he's better than Fedor then he should leave the UFC and prove it. Fedor doesn't have to chase the competition, the competition has to chase Fedor

If Bret is not on his level then who is? Certainly not some of Fedors previous opponents like Matt Lindland of all people' date=' isn't The Law a MW anyhow?[/quote']

I love how people discredit ANYBODY who fights Fedor as soon as they fight Fedor. Matt Lindland walks around at 215lbs, dude. Fedor is 230lbs. But let me guess, you credit Lesnar for beating Randy Couture, who was 60lbs lighter than him?

Up until the Belfort loss Lindland was considered the best competition in the world for Anderson Silva. He holds wins over Phil Baroni, Pat Millitech, Tony Fryklund, Travis Lutter, Carlos Newton and Jeremy Horn. He also wrestled in the 2000 Olympics and trains with Dan Henderson. Now all of the sudden people are discrediting him and the only reason is because he fought Fedor. Anybody who fights Fedor in recent years is not top competition all of the sudden. You people are so predictable

I love how people discredit ANYBODY who fights Fedor as soon as they fight Fedor. Matt Lindland walks around at 215lbs' date=' dude. Fedor is 230lbs. But let me guess, you[b'] credit Lesnar for beating Randy Couture, who was 60lbs lighter than him? [/b]

Up until the Belfort loss Lindland was considered the best competition in the world for Anderson Silva. He holds wins over Phil Baroni, Pat Millitech, Tony Fryklund, Travis Lutter, Carlos Newton and Jeremy Horn. He also wrestled in the 2000 Olympics and trains with Dan Henderson. Now all of the sudden people are discrediting him and the only reason is because he fought Fedor. Anybody who fights Fedor in recent years is not top competition all of the sudden. You people are so predictable

Credit him for doing it yes, Give him cred for beating a guy who belongs in LHW NO!

That fight should still be a fight.

When was the last time he fought exactly? Oh yeah almost a year ago

I give mad props to lindland for stepping up to the plate, Im not discrediting him Just saying he is the smallest guy I know of to pick a fight with the man. Brett rogers is a big dude and has a good number of wins and is undefeated, that momentum should put him at Fedor level, he still will more than likly lose but whatever.

Wow, Lindland is the fight somebody want's to defend. Shocking. Lindland was a legit MW, that's it. He was great at MW, so a fat great MW is legit competition for the best fighter in the world, really??? And no, going byebye against Vitor wasn't the downfall of Lindland, it started by not fighting forever. Then he comes out and looks like complete garbage against Nascimento, was that not a sign of things to come? Sorry buddy, anybody that followed Lindland knew before the Vitor fight that there were some serious questions about him. But I'm guessing you also think that Fedor beating Arona was legit also??

Hey guys, here is my reply from Sherdog, it might better explain where I'm coming from.

Thank you to the few that actually read the article but I think most are pissing the point or are just the typical **** fan that I used to be. For me, there's a religious statement that covers it. "Please god, save me from your followers" That's how I feel about some of the Fedor fans. And look, I was in the same place as a lot of you, at the time of the CC/Fedor fight, I thought that was the best ever, 10/10, no doubt. But what is wrong with opening your eyes and looking back at things as you have learned more about the sport. Do all of you that are calling me stupid really think he beat Arona?? If so do think that was a good call, then please don't reply cause Fedor's **** is far down your throat, you can't think straight. Those that actually question that outcome are the ones I would like to hear from, they are the thinkers of the bunch. I know this is Sherdog, the place to trash the guy that's different or new but I'm sure there are a few that actually think for their own and don't just follow the trend.

What I have started to think is this, maybe Pride was built with more fighters that were class b fighters. If you have a bunch of class b fighters fighting each other, it puts on great fights. And when I say class b, it's not to sound as bad as it did. I'm just saying that maybe the are 5 to 10% less the fighter that we thought they were. Did CC really just fall of the wagon that bad? Is it just the cage that's his problem? I really don't know but it was him that really made me think a bit.

If I look how bad Shogun looked when he came to the UFC. I kept saying coming into the Machida fight that if we got the Pride Shogun, this could be a really good fight. Well, we didn't get the Pride Shogun, we got a whole lot more, he is now a smart fighter and that was the best Shogun I have ever seen.

Here is another theory that I have had about why some have struggled coming over to the UFC. This one is more fueled with Wandy and why he has struggled. Look guys, I'm trying to figure this out for myself and thinking out loud in the process. What I think with Wandy and a lot of the other Pride fighters is that they were more like great bar fighters. So many of their fights were thrown together last minute either due to poor planning or just being a tournament format which I do miss. So guys like Shogun, Wandy were the best at this, they could go in and just bring it with no worrying about what the other guy had. Wandy would be the worst guy in the world to meet in a bar fight or inside a cage/ring with no warning. I think him and Rich fighting with no training time is a very bad day for Rich. But the difference is that with a lot of the UFC guys, they plan their fights. So while Wandy, Shogun and most of the other Pride guys were perfecting their skills, the UFC guys did a bit more of looking for their counters weaknesses. Rich leaning that Wandy can't throw a straight punch to save his life is what got him that very close win. Not being a better fighter than Wandy but having a better/smarter plan than Wandy. This is what Shogun as now brought into his game. This is the best Shogun I have seen, while it wasn't as exciting as the Pride days, he fought a brilliant fight and got robbed IMO. And don't get all pissy when I say they are bar fighters, that's not what I mean. It's more like you going against a guy in the bar and getting own cause you really didn't have a clue what kind of fight you were getting into. However, if you have seen this guy fight a few bar fights before and "thought" about what it would take to beat them, this is more what I'm talking about.

And last, somebody asked me who I thought was the best HW in the world. That would be Fedor with out doubt. However, I don't always think that the best fighters always win. Now comes the part where all you guys can pile on with the stupid "**** you noob, troll, **** and all the other ignorant comments and such." So yes, Fedor is the best and no where in my previous post did I not say he was or not say he's a damn good fighter. I just question that he might not be as good as I or we once thought. And **** me for doing so ;). But I do think Brock would beat him inside a cage with UFC rules. Inside a ring, no way, it's Fedor fight all night IMO. However, inside a cage, I think Brock has a skill set that beat Fedor. He's fast enough, much stronger and just has crazy size, this is the skill set I think it takes. I saw how much Fedor struggled against Hunt in their fight and again, if you think Fedor was winning the first 8 minutes of that fight, please just move on, your input is influenced by Fedor **** down your throat. But back to Brock/Fedor. The sooner they fight, the better the odds are for Fedor but every month that goes by, starts to favor Brock more for me. Again, only inside a cage. Does this mean that Brock is better than Fedor, not at all. But with in the rules of MMA/UFC and the weightclass being what it is, I think Brock beats him inside a cage. Now if you take a proportionally Fedor at 245 and a proportionally Brock at 245, it's not even close, Fedor kills him but that's not the way it's set up. We would have Fedor around 230 and Brock around 280 if this fight ever happened.

So bring out the "**** you dana lover, brock lover and all there **** that typically happens here" but I would actually like to here from those that read it and are actually willing to think about it. I don't want you to agree with me but just understand where I'm coming from.

Brian

Again, this is my Sherdog reply so keep that in mind with some of my responses.

Yeah I know' date=' they just kind of follow what everybody else says ;)

True story.:o[/quote']

This has always confused me, why in the world would someone not wan't to take the time to read a post that takes like 20 seconds? Laziness I guess.

Whether or not his competition recently has been top notch' date=' for many years he was dismantling top HWs and climbed to the top of the HW division.

Now if you are #1 HW in the world, and you are still actively fighting, taking fights, then you can't lose your #1 status until you are beaten.

You need to beat Fedor if you want to be considered #1, plain and simple. whether you think hes old and slow or not.[/quote']

exactly..

People think Fedor isnt the best anymore because hes not fighting the top fighters in the world anymore.. even though hes completely dominating them and knocking em out within minutes... Fedor is undefeated... has won 30 MMA bouts all in spectatucalr fasion.. he has ran his way to the top in PRIDE.. and dismantled the HW's who appeared to be gods at the time.. Nogeuira twice.. Crocop.. and other top level fighters like Coleman and Randleman.. made every single person he fought look bad.. hes simply the best there ever has been.. and if you guys think hes not JUST because hes not in the UFC then you are very dumb i must say.. after this fight hell probably fight Werdum which is a top level fighter and has been looking good after the dos santos fight.. then hopefully after that he can join the UFC cause Dana has still said he wants Fedor in the ufc in some recent interviews..

exactly..

People think Fedor isnt the best anymore because hes not fighting the top fighters in the world anymore.. even though hes completely dominating them and knocking em out within minutes... Fedor is undefeated... has won 30 MMA bouts all in spectatucalr fasion.. he has ran his way to the top in PRIDE.. and dismantled the HW's who appeared to be gods at the time.. Nogeuira twice.. Crocop.. and other top level fighters like Coleman and Randleman.. made every single person he fought look bad.. hes simply the best there ever has been.. and if you guys think hes not JUST because hes not in the UFC then you are very dumb i must say.. after this fight hell probably fight Werdum which is a top level fighter and has been looking good after the dos santos fight.. then hopefully after that he can join the UFC cause Dana has still said he wants Fedor in the ufc in some recent interviews..

.. & dana would like to do a little business w/ cung le also ... start da tread :rolleyes:

Hey guys' date=' here is my reply from Sherdog, it might better explain where I'm coming from.

Thank you to the few that actually read the article but I think most are pissing the point or are just the typical **** fan that I used to be. For me, there's a religious statement that covers it. "Please god, save me from your followers" That's how I feel about some of the Fedor fans. And look, I was in the same place as a lot of you, at the time of the CC/Fedor fight, I thought that was the best ever, 10/10, no doubt. But what is wrong with opening your eyes and looking back at things as you have learned more about the sport. Do all of you that are calling me stupid really think he beat Arona?? If so do think that was a good call, then please don't reply cause Fedor's **** is far down your throat, you can't think straight. Those that actually question that outcome are the ones I would like to hear from, they are the thinkers of the bunch. I know this is Sherdog, the place to trash the guy that's different or new but I'm sure there are a few that actually think for their own and don't just follow the trend.

What I have started to think is this, maybe Pride was built with more fighters that were class b fighters. If you have a bunch of class b fighters fighting each other, it puts on great fights. And when I say class b, it's not to sound as bad as it did. I'm just saying that maybe the are 5 to 10% less the fighter that we thought they were. Did CC really just fall of the wagon that bad? Is it just the cage that's his problem? I really don't know but it was him that really made me think a bit.

If I look how bad Shogun looked when he came to the UFC. I kept saying coming into the Machida fight that if we got the Pride Shogun, this could be a really good fight. Well, we didn't get the Pride Shogun, we got a whole lot more, he is now a smart fighter and that was the best Shogun I have ever seen.

Here is another theory that I have had about why some have struggled coming over to the UFC. This one is more fueled with Wandy and why he has struggled. Look guys, I'm trying to figure this out for myself and thinking out loud in the process. What I think with Wandy and a lot of the other Pride fighters is that they were more like great bar fighters. So many of their fights were thrown together last minute either due to poor planning or just being a tournament format which I do miss. So guys like Shogun, Wandy were the best at this, they could go in and just bring it with no worrying about what the other guy had. Wandy would be the worst guy in the world to meet in a bar fight or inside a cage/ring with no warning. I think him and Rich fighting with no training time is a very bad day for Rich. But the difference is that with a lot of the UFC guys, they plan their fights. So while Wandy, Shogun and most of the other Pride guys were perfecting their skills, the UFC guys did a bit more of looking for their counters weaknesses. Rich leaning that Wandy can't throw a straight punch to save his life is what got him that very close win. Not being a better fighter than Wandy but having a better/smarter plan than Wandy. This is what Shogun as now brought into his game. This is the best Shogun I have seen, while it wasn't as exciting as the Pride days, he fought a brilliant fight and got robbed IMO. And don't get all pissy when I say they are bar fighters, that's not what I mean. It's more like you going against a guy in the bar and getting own cause you really didn't have a clue what kind of fight you were getting into. However, if you have seen this guy fight a few bar fights before and "thought" about what it would take to beat them, this is more what I'm talking about.

And last, somebody asked me who I thought was the best HW in the world. That would be Fedor with out doubt. However, I don't always think that the best fighters always win. Now comes the part where all you guys can pile on with the stupid "**** you noob, troll, **** and all the other ignorant comments and such." So yes, Fedor is the best and no where in my previous post did I not say he was or not say he's a damn good fighter. I just question that he might not be as good as I or we once thought. And **** me for doing so ;). But I do think Brock would beat him inside a cage with UFC rules. Inside a ring, no way, it's Fedor fight all night IMO. However, inside a cage, I think Brock has a skill set that beat Fedor. He's fast enough, much stronger and just has crazy size, this is the skill set I think it takes. I saw how much Fedor struggled against Hunt in their fight and again, if you think Fedor was winning the first 8 minutes of that fight, please just move on, your input is influenced by Fedor **** down your throat. But back to Brock/Fedor. The sooner they fight, the better the odds are for Fedor but every month that goes by, starts to favor Brock more for me. Again, only inside a cage. Does this mean that Brock is better than Fedor, not at all. But with in the rules of MMA/UFC and the weightclass being what it is, I think Brock beats him inside a cage. Now if you take a proportionally Fedor at 245 and a proportionally Brock at 245, it's not even close, Fedor kills him but that's not the way it's set up. We would have Fedor around 230 and Brock around 280 if this fight ever happened.

So bring out the "**** you dana lover, brock lover and all there **** that typically happens here" but I would actually like to here from those that read it and are actually willing to think about it. I don't want you to agree with me but just understand where I'm coming from.

Brian

Again, this is my Sherdog reply so keep that in mind with some of my responses.[/quote']

This all makes sense.. but at the same time.. PRIDE might not have been as organized as UFC but trust me they knew there fights way ahead of time and im 100% sure they studied there opponents.. just look at pre fight interviews.. they all had gameplans going in and knew what they were up against.. Wandy losing to rich wasnt more of a who has a better gameplan type thing.. it was more of Wandy's been through wars and the years have caught up to him.. No one could stop Wandy in PRIDE just because he was greater then everyone else and was the A level fighter.. along with every other top fighter in PRIDE.. even if they didnt have 3-4 months to train for a fight and study there opponents (which they did) theyd have to be retarded to not know what to expect when fighting Wandy after seeing him do the same thing to 18 different opponents.. Wandy didnt do good in the UFC because his age and wars caught up to him.. (hes only about 34 but with the beating hes took hes might as well be 45) In Wandys early fights he would Head but his opponents until his own forehead split open.. one time the doctors took some time to heal wandys gash and when they started them again Wandy clinched with the guy and continued to head but him.. reopening his gash and getting himself a doctor stoppage for impaired vision.. THIS is why Wandys career ended by the time he entered the UFC.. his Fight against Rich and Chuck you can see Wandy had lost half his speed and had no reaction time..

and as for CC.. i feel he was never the same after the Fedor fight.. Fedor showed he wasnt invincible and CC began to become a more carefull fighter.. especially after Gonzaga got through with him..

This has always confused me' date=' why in the world would someone not wan't to take the time to read a post that takes like 20 seconds? Laziness I guess.[/quote']

i dont read alot of long posts for this reason. whatever is being said has been said but said alot better before. i know all the "maybe fedor isnt the best" talk, im not gonna learn anything new or say hmmm maybe hes right, cuz generally we know it all. alot of posters have diarhea of the fingers and make such a little post into a fricken story. thats just how i feel. i do not read long posts!!! q; D and fedor is the best ever. even if he loses.

Cryptic_Soldier-If Bret is not on his level then who is? Certainly not some of Fedors previous opponents like Matt Lindland of all people, isn't The Law a MW anyhow?

Alpha_Omega-I love how people discredit ANYBODY who fights Fedor as soon as they fight Fedor. Matt Lindland walks around at 215lbs, dude. Fedor is 230lbs. But let me guess, you credit Lesnar for beating Randy Couture, who was 60lbs lighter than him?

Well I was going too answer this but I see Alpha has beaten me too the punch.

Let me make this clear. Anderson is 220lbs who fights at 185lbs? How is Anderson the best when he's heavier than most Light Heavyweights. He weighs the same as Randy Couture yet fights 2 weight classes below....

Vitor Belfort is 220lbs. Wanderlei is 220lbs. Rumble is 220lbs yet drops to 170lbs. All these are Light Heavyweights. Matt Lindland was 218lbs when he fought Fedor. David terrell is 215lbs when he beat Lindland in UFC. All these guys are Light Heavyweights who cut to avoid fighting in their respected weight classes. Forrest & Jardine are both almost 240lbs fighting at 205lbs, as well as Chuck Liddell and Tito who are 225lbs.

Now Fedor is 230lbs, and only 6 feet tall.

Lindland is taller than Fedor, so is Randy, Chuck, Tito, Forrest, Jardine, Anderson, Belcher, Macihda, Cro Cop, Nog, Shogun..........

Yet he doesnt cut weight, and fights at Heavyweight. His natural weight. Unlike Brick who has too drop 40lbs just too fight. A super Heavyweight fighting smaller opponents is not a great fighter.

Anyone who cuts weight is not a great fighter. If you cant fight at your own weight, yuo shouldnt be considered the best.

Credit him for doing it yes' date=' Give him cred for beating a guy who belongs in LHW NO!

I give mad props to lindland for stepping up to the plate, Im not discrediting him Just saying he is the smallest guy I know of to pick a fight with the man. Brett rogers is a big dude and has a good number of wins and is undefeated, that momentum should put him at Fedor level, he still will more than likly lose but whatever.[/quote']

Lindland is taller than Fedor. Every striker Fedor has faced were beaten.

Herring is a kickboxer 6'3" 255lbs, Cro Cop 6'2" 225lbs, Goodridge a kickboxer 6'3" 245lbs, Semmy Scilt a kickboxer 6'11" 280lbs, Hong Man Choi 7'2' 320lbs, Arlovski 6'3' 235lbs, Tim Sylvia 6'8" 300lbs(drops to 265lbs) has fast hands too........

Wow' date=' Lindland is the fight somebody want's to defend. Shocking. Lindland was a legit MW, that's it. He was great at MW, so a fat great MW is legit competition for the best fighter in the world, really??? And no, going byebye against Vitor wasn't the downfall of Lindland, it started by not fighting forever. Then he comes out and looks like complete garbage against Nascimento, was that not a sign of things to come? Sorry buddy, anybody that followed Lindland knew before the Vitor fight that there were some serious questions about him. But I'm guessing you also think that Fedor beating Arona was legit also??[/quote']

Fedor vs Arona I already did analysis on that fight, and Fedor won. Japans scoring system is different to State Comissions system. No 10 point must in Japan. Arona lost due to the fact that he didnt do anything after each takedown. Fedor went for over a dozen sub attempts, and strikes from the feet, the gaurd, and top position. Arona only threw 2 kicks, and 3 strikes that landed.

AGAIN let me make this clear to everybody who doesnt know.......

Machida, Anderson, Randy Couture, Shogun, Ninja, Wandy, Rampage, Tito, Chuck, Forrest, Jardine, Rashad, Bader, Vitor, Arona, Lindland, Dave Terrell (who got manhandled by Tanner), Evan Tanner, Rumble, Alan Belcher, even Rich Franklin are all Heavyweights...........I say again HEAVYWEIGHTS.

they all weigh over 215lbs:Franklin, Tanner, Terrell, Belcher, Lindland

220lbs: Randy, Machida, Anderson, Rashad, Rumble, Vitor, Arona, Wandy, Rampage.....

225lbs Chuck, Tito, Shogun, Ninja with Forrest & Jardine, Bader weighing the most at 240lbs.

Notice that some of these guys are around Fedor's weight class, yet Fedor remains at Heavyweight. Sure he could've dropped to 205lbs easy but he didnt. And he started out at 220lbs for Sambo competitons.

Randy, Vitor, Tanner, Forrest, Rashad, Jardine, Ninja, Franklin, Machida, Lindland, Wandy have all fought at Heavyweight. All of them dropped later, with only Randy going back too Heavyweight.

Credit him for doing it yes' date=' Give him cred for beating a guy who belongs in LHW NO!

I give mad props to lindland for stepping up to the plate, Im not discrediting him Just saying he is the smallest guy I know of to pick a fight with the man. Brett rogers is a big dude and has a good number of wins and is undefeated, that momentum should put him at Fedor level, he still will more than likly lose but whatever.[/quote']

Don't people criticize Fedor, saying he should be fighting at LHW? So you're saying this MW should be fighting at LHW while Fedor fights at HW only 15lbs bigger than him? Make up your mind, people.

Whens the last time Fedor fought? Well he had a bout scheduled for August and who's fault is it that he didn't get that fight? You're seriously trying to dog Fedor because Barnett got caught using roids? Pfft.

Matt Lindland WANTED to fight Fedor, not the other way around. It's not like Fedor pulled a Mayweather and called out a guy 2 weight classes below him. Lindland called out a guy 2 weight classes above him and given there is only a 15lbs difference when Fedor has stepped up in fights that had 120lbs differences, it's about damn time he fought somebody smaller than him.

AGAIN let me make this clear to everybody who doesnt know.......

Machida' date=' Anderson, Randy Couture, Shogun, Ninja, Wandy, Rampage, Tito, Chuck, Forrest, Jardine, Rashad, Bader, Vitor, Arona, Lindland, Dave Terrell (who got manhandled by Tanner), Evan Tanner, Rumble, Alan Belcher, even Rich Franklin are all Heavyweights...........I say again HEAVYWEIGHTS.

they all weigh over 215lbs:Franklin, Tanner, Terrell, Belcher, Lindland

220lbs: Randy, Machida, Anderson, Rashad, Rumble, Vitor, Arona, Wandy, Rampage.....

225lbs Chuck, Tito, Shogun, Ninja with Forrest & Jardine, Bader weighing the most at 240lbs.

Notice that some of these guys are around Fedor's weight class, yet Fedor remains at Heavyweight. Sure he could've dropped to 205lbs easy but he didnt. And he started out at 220lbs for Sambo competitons.

Randy, Vitor, Tanner, Forrest, Rashad, Jardine, Ninja, Franklin, Machida, Lindland, Wandy have all fought at Heavyweight. All of them dropped later, with only Randy going back too Heavyweight.[/quote']

great point..

Archived