Things that make no sense

Cryptic_Soldier

Ok so here are some things that make absolutly no sense whatsoever:

The term Below Par: means bad or below average in a bad way; where in golf where the term comes from it means good or below average in a good way?

The movie Bend it Like Beckham (have not seen it) its a soccer movie why a title about beniding things? That does bending things like a chick soccer player have to do with anything.

Army and Marine Corps chevrons go up, and Navy and Airforce chevrons go down?

A Major General is out-ranked by a Lutennant General, but a Major out-ranks a Luetennant?

Painters paint things and Riggers rig things but fingers and hammers dont follow suit.

A house can burn up as it burns down?

How can somthing be COLD as Hell?

Why is euro english even considered english? or vise versa, why do I speak english and not american seeing as I am in America and not england; Same goes for SPAINish in Mexico.

I'm sure I can come up with alot more but for now any help with these would be super.

The term Below Par: means bad or below average in a bad way; where in golf where the term comes from it means good or below average in a good way?

The movie Bend it Like Beckham (have not seen it) its a soccer movie why a title about beniding things? That does bending things like a chick soccer player have to do with anything.

Army and Marine Corps chevrons go up' date=' and Navy and Airforce chevrons go down?

A Major General is out-ranked by a Lutennant General, but a Major out-ranks a Luetennant?

Painters paint things and Riggers rig things but fingers and hammers dont follow suit.

Why is euro english even considered english? or vise versa, why do I speak english and not american seeing as I am in America and not england; Same goes for SPAINish in Mexico.

I'm sure I can come up with alot more but for now any help with these would be super.[/quote']

To bend it like Beckham is to kick the ball with a lot of spin. This causes the ball to arc in the air and its useful during free kicks to circumvent defenders.

The General thing: Lieutenant in general is taken to mean below, or second in command. the rank Lieutenant is the lowest of the ranks (2nd and 1st of course) Lieutenant Colonel is below Colonel and Lieutenant General is directly below General (4 stars)

This is a reference to Dante Alighieri's vision of Hell' date=' where its actually frozen and cold due to Satan beating his wings.[/quote']

If I remember The Divide Comedy, not exactly. As Dante kept descending to the inner levels of hell, it was getting increasingly colder, culminating in the last level, where the traitors are frozen (no details available :D), but it was still hot in the beginning.

Anyway. Not exactly the time to tackle a paradox, is it?

If I remember The Divide Comedy' date=' not exactly. As Dante kept descending to the inner levels of hell, it was getting increasingly colder, culminating in the last level, where the traitors are frozen (no details available :D), but it was still hot in the beginning.

Anyway. Not exactly the time to tackle a paradox, is it?[/quote']

You're referring to the 9th circle of Hell, where Satan himself resides.

things that make no sense : Bisping circling into Hendersons power for over 7 minutes while his corner was screaming .. "WRONG WAY" .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It does make sense, in Europe the toilet spins the wrong way which means the turd does also, Bisping being a turd comming to america spun the euro way and got caught with a big right.

Well' date=' almost everything he asked had an answer.

Here's a good one...

Why do we park on the driveway, but drive on the parkway?[/quote']

I believe Parkway is supposed to be the way (road) by or through the park. Your drive way is supposed to lead to a garrrage which is where you park, thus entering and exiting the garage you are driving on the driveway.

To bend it like Beckham is to kick the ball with a lot of spin. This causes the ball to arc in the air and its useful during free kicks to circumvent defenders.

The General thing: Lieutenant in general is taken to mean below' date=' or second in command. the rank Lieutenant is the lowest of the ranks (2nd and 1st of course) Lieutenant Colonel is below Colonel and Lieutenant General is directly below General (4 stars)[/quote']

I get the soccer thing, and I guess Arch it like Beckham would be a duller title.

Can you explain the Chevrons?

Why is the sky blue?

Why is water wet?

Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?

The sky being blue has somthing to do with light reflecting off of moisture in the air, the sky is actually black.

Water is not wet, anything but water can get wet but water itself can not take on the effect is has on the universe. You see wet is an effect water has on things it comes incontact with, by putting water in contact with water you get, water.

Judas was on OPSEC violator.

I get the soccer thing' date=' and I guess Arch it like Beckham would be a duller title.

Can you explain the Chevrons?[/quote']

I can't explain the chevrons but I do know that before the 20th century the army used those upside down chevrons too, the cadets at west point wear them upside down still.

Army and Marine Corps chevrons go up' date=' and Navy and Airforce chevrons go down?

I'm sure I can come up with alot more but for now any help with these would be super.[/quote']

Well English is the language invented by the English, and they have the correct spelling, where we as americans are retarted and changed the spelling too make us feel that we created something.....

Bend it like Beckham is an easy one. Do you play Soccer? Certain kicks from any position can be bent by placement on the ball. I know I Played soccer. Corner kicks are where this is best shown. Depending on where you want too place the ball. Beckham is just a name too sell the movie, since they had a female soccer team, and Becks at that time was the big thing in England......

Remember its an English Film!!!

As for Mexicans speaking Spanish is easy. Mexico was invaded by Spain before the Country Mexico was even created. Most all mexicans were Native Indians. Aztecs were the biggest ones there. But you never hear people speak the Azteca language do you?

Cos its almost extinct. Just like Pilgrims that came too the Americas. They brought English and Chriatianity here. Spain did the same thing. And Portugal did the same to South America. Thats why Brazilians speak Portuguese.

As for the Military thing I dont care about, since I was never in the Armed forces.

Ask 0311USMC those questions.

The refernce of Hell is quite easy. People hate it when its freezing(but I like it). Imagine being chained with Ice Shackles. Believe it or not Ice burns the skin as well as Fire. And we all know we hate Heat.....Immense Heat, even to burn the hair off you sack. Have you ever been burned by Fire, or Ice?

Golf is the only sport where you want too score the less points.

Why is the sky blue?

Why is water wet?

Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?

The SKY is blue cos of the reflection that our atmosphere has against the water. Think of our Atmosphere as a mirror. It mirrored the sea when the sun reflects its light to our planet. When the sunsets to the other side of the planet we see the sky in its natural color.

Why is water wet? Are you serious?? Why is oxygen so clear that we cant see it???

Judas ratted out Jesus to the Phillistines(or how ever you spell it), they took Jesus too the Pontius Pilot who was the majestrate of the land of Judea After King Herod II didnt accuse him of anything.

Who hates other MMA companies? I think a few of them are run poorly' date=' but good fights are good fights. I think for the most, people here like and watch all MMA that is available to them, perhaps not all over the internet, but at the least US TV... but they so have a favorite ;)[/quote']

Ohh you know who they are, the Pro UFC members here who havent seen anything else.

Those of us who love other companies are well known here. You can tell who we are.

Cant believe nobody said women :P

They make sense' date=' its just that we dont get it yet. Like a when a turtle gets the 1st joke after being told over a hundred jokes. It takes us guys years too comprehend just one of their emotional probs.[/quote']

Genius.

We make perfect sense, you guys just dont understand.

If I remember The Divide Comedy' date=' not exactly. As Dante kept descending to the inner levels of hell, it was getting increasingly colder, culminating in the last level, where the traitors are frozen (no details available :D), but it was still hot in the beginning.

Anyway. Not exactly the time to tackle a paradox, is it?[/quote']

The 9th circle is where Cocytus is (frozen Lake) there were 4 levels to the frozen lake all for different crimes of treason. The term Cold as Hell comes from each sinner being immersed into the lake at neck height. In the fourth Circle is Satan (who committed the worst sin, Treason Against God) who is buried at waist height, he tries to escape using his wings but in doing so traps himself and everyone else because of the cold air. it starts getting cold around the 3rd circle (Gluttony)

The SKY is blue cos of the reflection that our atmosphere has against the water. Think of our Atmosphere as a mirror. It mirrored the sea when the sun reflects its light to our planet. When the sunsets to the other side of the planet we see the sky in its natural color.

Why is water wet? Are you serious?? Why is oxygen so clear that we cant see it???

Judas ratted out Jesus to the Phillistines(or how ever you spell it)' date=' they took Jesus too the Pontius Pilot who was the majestrate of the land of Judea After King Herod II didnt accuse him of anything.[/quote']

actually, the reflection has nothing to do with it. it is the wave lengths of the colors of light that can make it through and get bounced around the atmosphere. Straight above, the short wavelength (blue) get bounced around the water, air and dust particles and shows up blue. as the sun sets, it has more atmosphere to get through to reach your eyes, so some of the longer wavelength colors can be seen, the reds and oranges.

just sayin

why do women wear a pair of panties and a bra? shouldnt it be a pair of bra and a panty?

Same goes for a pair of Underwear for us guys too.

Why is it called a Parakeet if theres only one of them?

Why is the American flag called the red, white , and blue....when clearly it is dark blue? Almost Indigo?

Whats the fascination about the NUMBER 23?

Why is Pi an Infinate number?

Whats the English translation for Mycoxaflopin?

How do we judge which is the front or the back of a tree. Think about it - anyone ever taken a leak in front of a tree?

Why does Donald Duck walk around with no trousers on in public' date=' yet when he has a shower at home, puts a towel on his bottom half?[/quote']

Ahh Hahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!

Why did looney Tunes invest a lot of money on Stalker/Serial r*pist Pepe Le'Puew

Why is it that the floor of a lake is solid dirt. Yet when water reaches the shores the ground gets muddy' date=' and when you throw dirt in water it turns the water brown the subsides back to the bottom???[/quote']

The dirt/mud at the bottom has settled out of the water, when you introduce sand into the water the water turns brownish as the dirt and water mix momentarily, but since the grit of the dirt is not suluable it sinks to the bottom, only the soluable minerals in the dirt become part of the water as disolved solid, whe remaining brown grit settles to the bottom.

When you introdce water to dirt you get mud, and the dirt/mud on the bank is more compacted than dirt you threw in thus less of it goes into the water.

The 9th circle is where Cocytus is (frozen Lake) there were 4 levels to the frozen lake all for different crimes of treason. The term Cold as Hell comes from each sinner being immersed into the lake at neck height. In the fourth Circle is Satan (who committed the worst sin' date=' Treason Against God) who is buried at waist height, he tries to escape using his wings but in doing so traps himself and everyone else because of the cold air. it starts getting cold around the 3rd circle (Gluttony)[/quote']

I have been meaning to but have never read the divine comedy, or the inferno. They werent on the sylabus in High School and my higher ed is very lacking/inexistant.

Archived