Wow, Marcus by Armbar?

Rob_Lazarus

Kind of funny, my friends and I were talking right before the fight about how bad it would hurt to get armbarred by Marcus. Didn't really consider it a realistic possibility.

I don't really remember them focusing at all on his submissions during the training that they showed. Mostly takedowns and some stand up. His submissions looked pretty strong, although I think it has to do with the fact that he's just a monster.

True Kevbo, i think alot of people over look that fact just because of his size they expect him to go out there and bang and knock someones head off.

Did anyone else laugh their **** off when they showed Marcus training and rampage talkin bout when they showed him something new and he had the "duh duh" laugh. LMAO i'm laughin right now thinking bout it, big baby will do good in this sport IMO. maybe not right away but in the near future. I like him.

Well Dana said in an interview posted a while back that the fans just need to be patient with this season. He said that he realized the season was really bad, but he also said it will end up being one of the better ones towards the end. Let's hope this fight is signaling that "climax".

On a side note, he said all of this after the season had already been recorded, so he knew what was going to be happening.

glad he won. thought id see more standup than that tho. wessel looked in a fair amount of pain

Rashad's strategy for Wessel, stand up and bang. Doesn't even have to be pretty because of his heavy hands. Thought he did alright for the first few seconds, then he tried to take him down. Why? Why do fighters deviate from their coach's strategy? Drives me insane.

Side note: Wasn't it Wessel that wrote "S*cks Balls"? And Baby vowed whoever wrote it, he'd rip his arm off? Then a quick vicious arm bar? That's good TV.

Rashad's strategy for Wessel' date=' stand up and bang. Doesn't even have to be pretty because of his heavy hands. Thought he did alright for the first few seconds, then he [b']tried to take him down. Why?[/b] Why do fighters deviate from their coach's strategy? Drives me insane.

Side note: Wasn't it Wessel that wrote "S*cks Balls"? And Baby vowed whoever wrote it, he'd rip his arm off? Then a quick vicious arm bar? That's good TV.

that's what i thought. attempting the trip was ridiculous... and shorty after, the fight was over

yeh it was wessel who wrote that. a bit of poetic justice

wessel reminded me of the guy from season crap i can't remember' date=' the one that Bisping won. anyway he reminded of the guy with blue hair who had tons of heart but really seemed to lack skill other than throwing wild bombs, thats what he looked like to me.[/quote']

You're thinking of Josh Haynes, I believe.

Anyways, about the fight last night. Wessel must have forgot the game plan because he went for a takedown. Marcus used his beastly insane strength to shuck off the attempt and even landed in side control. Once Wessel got into Marcus' open guard he should have stood up and continued boxing, but Marcus threw and connected a picture perfect arm bar. Beautiful timing and technique. He would have snapped Wessel's forearm for sure if Wessel didn't verbally tap when he did.

Great job Marcus. Wessel, nice try, but next time if you get a chance to fight a giant jits fighter you ought to forget about your ground and pound and keep it standing . LOL

Finally a good fight on TUF 10. Marcus showed some nice submission skills getting that armbar, and with his strength he's going to be pretty tough for anybody if he can take the fight to the ground. And like people said, it was a bit of poetic justice that he did it to Wessel after Wessel wrote that he sucks balls. :P

I didn't see the whole fight since I haven't watched TUF for years but I did see some clips and I can't believe what a ****** rashad is how disrespectful is it for a "former champ" and coach to keep referring to one of the best fighters on the show as "Big Baby" he just demolished rashad's guy and still the idiot refuses to stop being a ****y SOB and give the guy some respect. Every time I see rashad I wish Rampage would come back to the UFC so we could see rashad get KTFO again.

I didn't see the whole fight since I haven't watched TUF for years but I did see some clips and I can't believe what a ****** rashad is how disrespectful is it for a "former champ" and coach to keep referring to one of the best fighters on the show as "Big Baby" he just demolished rashad's guy and still the idiot refuses to stop being a ****y SOB and give the guy some respect. Every time I see rashad I wish Rampage would come back to the UFC so we could see rashad get KTFO again.

Uh? Everyone calls him big baby and he dosent care. Marcus understands he is a big baby he openly admitted he liked planting flowers on national TV, and if you watch this season the (editing) shows that rampage is the mean coach and disrespectful. Rashad has all rights to be ****y as he went 7-1. If rampage fought rashad he would get destroyed, fyi.

Uh? Everyone calls him big baby and he dosent care. Marcus understands he is a big baby he openly admitted he liked planting flowers on national TV' date=' and if you watch this season the (editing) shows that rampage is the mean coach and disrespectful. Rashad has all rights to be ****y as he went 7-1. If rampage fought rashad he would get destroyed, fyi.[/quote']

thank you! I agree with everything expect Evans beating Rampage, but thats a different thread

Big Baby is Marcus' nickname. EVERYONE calls Marcus "Big Baby." I think Marcus himself came up with it if I remember right.

If you're gonna talk about insults, have a problem with Rampage calling Schoonover "T*tties" 90 times an episode.

Why is "former champ" in quotes? Did I dream the part where he was LHW champion?

True Kevbo' date=' i think alot of people over look that fact just because of his size they expect him to go out there and bang and knock someones head off.

Did anyone else laugh their **** off when they showed Marcus training and rampage talkin bout when they showed him something new and he had the "duh duh" laugh. LMAO i'm laughin right now thinking bout it, big baby will do good in this sport IMO. maybe not right away but in the near future. I like him.[/quote']

that was so freaking hilarious LOL!

makes you love the guy, hope marcus goes all the way :D

You're thinking of Josh Haynes' date=' I believe.

Anyways, about the fight last night. Wessel must have forgot the game plan because he went for a takedown. Marcus used his beastly insane strength to shuck off the attempt and even landed in side control. Once Wessel got into Marcus' open guard he should have stood up and continued boxing, but Marcus threw and connected a picture perfect arm bar. Beautiful timing and technique. He would have snapped Wessel's forearm for sure if Wessel didn't verbally tap when he did.

Great job Marcus. Wessel, nice try, but next time if you get a chance to fight a giant jits fighter you ought to forget about your ground and pound and keep it standing . LOL[/quote']

Hynes, thats it, dam i couldn't remember his name for nothing. poor guy, has probably the biggest heart of any fighter i've ever seen and just continuously gets beat up.

Wow, too much self-admitted ignorance in this posting.

Who let the hysterical chick in this forum?

We gotta fix that door...

You are aware that Marcus actually made a poll on his site to determine whether he was introduced as "Big Baby" or "The Darkness", right? Since he did that I imagine he doesn't mind the name too much.

Yeah great fight and funny episode. I am definitely hoping Big Baby goes all the way. Roy Nelson will probably win though -- and that will be pretty useless to the UFC. He's not fun to watch and he probably couldn't beat any of the top three HW in the UFC right now.

How can any of you noobs be surprised by his submissions? He describes his fighting style as Gracie Juijitsu. He trains in Gracie BJJ. You people really need to do like 4 minutes worth of research before aimlessly commenting on something that makes you look like fools.

This is a message board with unlimited space. Calm down. This thread isn't causing harm to anyone. I was just seeing if other people were surprised by the result.

Anyway, I missed him saying he trained BJJ. I don't remember him talking about what he trained at all actually. Glad to see another big HW utilizes BJJ effectively though.

Yeah great fight and funny episode. I am definitely hoping Big Baby goes all the way. Roy Nelson will probably win though -- and that will be pretty useless to the UFC. He's not fun to watch and he probably couldn't beat any of the top three HW in the UFC right now.

Agree with the first sentance.Roy Nelson?Are you serious?He was one of the worst fighters ive seen so far this season.You really think he could beat the likes of Lesnar,Mir,Velasquez and Nogueira?

Uh? Everyone calls him big baby and he dosent care. Marcus understands he is a big baby he openly admitted he liked planting flowers on national TV' date=' and if you watch this season the (editing) shows that rampage is the mean coach and disrespectful. Rashad has all rights to be ****y as he went 7-1. If rampage fought rashad he would get destroyed, fyi.[/quote']

You're crazy saying Rampage would get DESTROYED by Rashad.

Agree with the first sentance.Roy Nelson?Are you serious?He was one of the worst fighters ive seen so far this season.You really think he could beat the likes of Lesnar' date='Mir,Velasquez and Nogueira?[/quote']

Please re-read what I said. I DO think he has an excellent chance of winning the show. I DON'T think he will bring anything to the HW division. I don't think any of these guys bring much to be honest. Then again, content is only one aspect of selling a PPV. You don't just throw tough guys in the ring and turn on the cameras; you make promos where you create personalities and get them to trash talk. So in that regard, who knows what the creative people in Zuffa have in mind for these bums? They clearly know how to put lipstick on a pig.

How can any of you noobs be surprised by his submissions? He describes his fighting style as Gracie Juijitsu. He trains in Gracie BJJ. You people really need to do like 4 minutes worth of research before aimlessly commenting on something that makes you look like fools.

i was suprrised as well. guess im a noob too for not hanging on every word these fighters say and not doing research on all the fighters on a REALITY show guess me and lazarus are absolute fools for just watching the show for entertainment rather than making it a homework assignment or maybe your just an a**

Wow' date=' too much self-admitted ignorance in this posting.

Who let the hysterical chick in this forum?

We gotta fix that door...[/quote']

Hey...hey...hey now...watch that sexist language...I'm a "chick"...although not hysterical...but nonetheless...a "chick"...;)

I was surprised too ; I train in MMA and do my research, but consdering the size of Jones I was expecting some straight rights, a bunch of jabs and then one bigass hook to KO.

And whilst many of us like to read, the casual fan whose only UFC exposure is TUF would not have known too much about Big Baby, as the show has preferred to focus on his easygoing nature and strength over his extremely well rounded jitz. Yeah, I was surprised how easily and effortlessly he destroyed his opponent.

They should call Marcus "Nostradamus" after calling the armbar earlier...obviously a move he likes to use often:

"If I get his arm Im gonna break his arm off..."

"Im taking his arm home with me..."

Flame on.

Archived