My First Fight?

dairzy_horne

hello everyone,

id like your opinion on something.

im an obssessed MMA fan ive been watch all the MMA i can for the past 12 months and visualy studied the moves used ( BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, Striking).

ive been only doing BJJ and MMA for abit over a month now and im enjoying it greatly and after BJJ which goes for an hour i do an hour and a half session off MMA training. and by the time next year that i wanna fight i should be 2 stripes on my white belt ( cant get blue until im 18)

ive been doing this for a month.

this is what im thinking, i want to have my first MMA fight because im really keen to do this in the future and i want as much experience as possible and i think having my first fight would be a great learning exsperience.

im planning on starting up early next year ( maybe jan, feb or march) so i can get some solid couple of monthes of training ( also at home i have a punching bag which i train with alot)

im motivated im 15 turning 16 in may im 5'10 and 136 pounds so im pretty skinny but ive got good strength and athletic ability for my weight and height.

so should i try and fight so soon with very little to no experience?

oh and by the way i live in australia where there isnt any wrestling at all and MMA isnt that well known sport here.

thanks

yes i read it thankyou,

but im a very fit person and if i asked i could ask a match maker for a promotion here in australia to match me with someone around my own weight and experience but do you recommended starting early to help get experience even if i get me **** kicked? (which i would think would help me learn more) and yeah?

yes i read it thankyou' date='

but im a very fit person and if i asked i could ask a match maker for a promotion here in australia to match me with someone around my own weight and experience but do you recommended starting early to help get experience even if i get me **** kicked? (which i would think would help me learn more) and yeah?[/quote']

NO, like I stated you should focus on Training, if you really want to compete do full contact sparring. Being 15 you are still growing, and in Puberty, this is the best time to do lifting as your high testosterone levels will act as a natural steroid. It is a bad time to start fighting if you get a serious injury it could permanatly affect your growth plates if you break somthing. Most orgs require you be at least 18 to fight, and having only done JJW for a month you probobly not ready to hang with anyone above a base level fighter like yourself. another 20 pounds of muscle never hurt anyone and will probobly build on its own by the time your 18 anyhow.

Another thing is getting your **** beat and getting beaten are 2 very differnt things. If all you can effectivly do in a fight is stand there and get your face beat in then you will learn nothing by getting the **** whopin.

Geting beaten when your a highly eveolved MMA fighter can teach you where the wholes in your game are.

When all your game is is wholes the only thing you learn from getting your **** kicked is you have no game and might give up on yourself.

Plus the sooner you start fighting the sooner things like excessive scar tissue, sore joints, arthiritus will set in and make it really difficult/impossoble to compete.

thanks for your response.

by the time im 18 i should be blue if not purple belt in bjj which is pretty good for an 18 year old i think?

I'm more of a natural skinny kid im fit as anything really and great cardio.

but thanks for your responses greatly appreciated :)

I think realistically you'll eayily be 6' and 160-170 pounds by the time your 18. For the most part adult males over 5'10" and in good shape don't weigh less than 160LBS. You will see though as you get older.

I don't think ayone is going to let you fight pro until you're 18. Also although you are considered an adult at 18 your body isn't really set until about 21. You should keep working and training as long as you can that way you can come out with success instead of playing catch up.

I don't think ayone is going to let you fight pro until you're 18. Also although you are considered an adult at 18 your body isn't really set until about 21. You should keep working and training as long as you can that way you can come out with success instead of playing catch up.

im not talking about fighting professional fights.

im wanting to do amteur fights.

in australia there are a,b and c class fights

C being novice (begginner)

B being intermediate ( getting there)

A being professional.

i wanna get experience and place i do MMA and BJJ at is at a place where there isnt anyone at all my weight most guys are atleast 10 kgs heavier and when we do spar its with boxing gloves and that doesnt really replicate mma gloves and im wanting to get fighting experience coz i dont get into many fights at school and in other sport and i wanna no if i can take a punch coz ive never been knocked out.

in australia there are a' date='b and c class fights

A being professional.

i wanna get experience and place i do MMA and BJJ at is at a place where there isnt anyone at all my weight most guys are atleast 10 kgs heavier and when we do spar its with boxing gloves and that doesnt really replicate mma gloves and im wanting to get fighting experience coz i dont get into many fights at school and in other sport and i wanna no if i can take a punch coz ive never been knocked out.[/quote']

Let someone 20-30KG bigger hit you in the chin as hard as they can, if the next thing you know your waking up looking at the celing you got KO'ed try again with somone smaller. if you get dizzy knees wobbly and possibly fall over, you've got a decent chin and depending on how fast you can right yourself you might avoid punch 2 or the TKO. If you get mad and are all but unphased you have a Great chin. If you have a great chin with this test wait a week, then try it again immidiatly after running 2 miles as fast as you can, if your still all but unphased by it your cut out for the big time boss.

in australia there are a' date='b and c class fights

A being professional.

i wanna get experience and place i do MMA and BJJ at is at a place where there isnt anyone at all my weight most guys are atleast 10 kgs heavier and when we do spar its with boxing gloves and that doesnt really replicate mma gloves and im wanting to get fighting experience coz i dont get into many fights at school and in other sport and i wanna no if i can take a punch coz ive never been knocked out.[/quote']

I replied to this in the other thread. but anyway, training with guys bigger than you can be a good thing because it teaches you how to deal with a reach / strength advantage and pushes you to work harder. My main training partner is 5 inches taller than me and about 35 lbs heavier, and it works for me. And sparing with boxing gloves is a good thing too because they are heavier and hurt less when you get nailed in the nose. You don't need to fight at school and you don't need anyone knocking you out, you just need to develop your skill set and slow down. Don't go getting all ahead of yourself and rushing into a losing situation.

I replied to this in the other thread. but anyway' date=' training with guys bigger than you can be a good thing because it teaches you how to deal with a reach / strength advantage and pushes you to work harder. My main training partner is 5 inches taller than me and about 35 lbs heavier, and it works for me. And sparing with boxing gloves is a good thing too because they are heavier and hurt less when you get nailed in the nose. You don't need to fight at school and [b']you don't need anyone knocking you out,[/b] you just need to develop your skill set and slow down. Don't go getting all ahead of yourself and rushing into a losing situation.

I made my post as a responce to him wanting to see if he could take a hit.

I made my post as a responce to him wanting to see if he could take a hit.

As good of a Youtube video as that would make, probably not the best idea in the world. He'll build up some resistance as he keeps sparing and going through the motions. Taking one straight to the chin could have a pretty bad outcome and the goal is to aviod doing so with proper head movement, keeping your chin down, and good hand protection. Not everyone can just eat a big punch like Big Nog.

ive been hit befor but never by someone who actually knows what there doing if you no what i mean?

I don't think it matters if you get hit hard enough. I have only been KO'ed by my self, once by falling headfirst off a roof and another time with a skateboard. I've probobly been hit in the face a few good hundred times by sizes of guys, been rocked a few times but a wobbly right leg was the worst another person has been able to do.

My wife and I were being rough (if you know what I mean) and she kicked me square under the chin and then the top of my head hit the bottom of the storage area above my old bed and I was seeing stars but nothing major.

Ok dairzy horne Im a paramedic and I feel at 15 your body just isnt ready to take the physical punishment that mma fights give out. If you were to break a bone where your growth plate is you could end your fight carrerr before it even starts my advice would be to train hard and spar to learn more. At 18 you can start fighting but give your body time to heal and by around 20 to 21 you should be able to come out full force and be pretty dangerous if you have commited your time to training.

Archived