Fighting styles.

chedderboss

One thing about the ufc i think they could change to make fights more interesting is instead of match styles against each other (ex: wrestler vs kickboxer) they should make people fight there own style. (ex:kickboxer vs kickboxer). Fights are boring when they put a good wrestler agaisnt good kickboxers (ex:cain vs kongo) and it doenst prove much execpt that some styles work better against others.

I would also like to know people favourite style to watch, and there least favourite. For me I love to watch kickboxers but cant stand wrestlers, I will use the brock lesner mir 2 fight as an example, brock laided down on mir and after that i could have left the room and not missed anything. Some wrestlers use there skill to set up beautful submissions or keep the fight were they want but some like cain and brock just use it to keep there appoinent down and not do anything. I dont know tho what does everyone else think?

traditional muay thai is a beautiful thing to watch..or street fights caught on tape..cause their nerves are so shot b4 they even throw a punch that they look like hunter s thompson on mescalin."it's impossible to walk in this muck"!! some funny stuff to watch

One thing about the ufc i think they could change to make fights more interesting is instead of match styles against each other (ex: wrestler vs kickboxer) they should make people fight there own style. (ex:kickboxer vs kickboxer). Fights are boring when they put a good wrestler agaisnt good kickboxers (ex:cain vs kongo) and it doenst prove much execpt that some styles work better against others.

I would also like to know people favourite style to watch' date=' and there least favourite. For me I love to watch kickboxers but cant stand wrestlers, I will use the brock lesner mir 2 fight as an example, brock laided down on mir and after that i could have left the room and not missed anything. Some wrestlers use there skill to set up beautful submissions or keep the fight were they want but some like cain and brock just use it to keep there appoinent down and not do anything. I dont know tho what does everyone else think?[/quote']

I think you like Muay thai if your talking about the fighters in the UFC you like to see fight. I like this style most, as well as being good to practice I go to local events that the gyms in the UK arrange and it is amazing how entertaining the fights are considering only 2 or 3 of them are pro rules.

I think you like Muay thai if your talking about the fighters in the UFC you like to see fight. I like this style most' date=' as well as being good to practice I go to local events that the gyms in the UK arrange and it is amazing how entertaining the fights are considering only 2 or 3 of them are pro rules.[/quote']

I really like mauy thai fighters and that style is my close second fav but i have been a boxing/kickboxing fan for a while, and i enjoying kickboxing myself.

chedderboss, I can't disagree with you more man. I love Brock Lesnars style, he takes people down gets good control then takes them out. How can you say he does nothing, when he clearly had Frank Mir sleeping on the canvas. Ive got a sneaking suspicion your just upset that Frank got beat up... brutally.

chedderboss' date=' I can't disagree with you more man. I love Brock Lesnars style, he takes people down gets good control then takes them out. How can you say he does nothing, when he clearly had Frank Mir sleeping on the canvas. Ive got a sneaking suspicion your just upset that Frank got beat up... brutally.[/quote']

actually no i dont even really care about frank i jsut really dont like brock because he is what i hate, a wrestler who doesnt even try to have an exciting fight, he laid on frank and even though he beat him up bad it was boring to watch and not very impressive he just used his weight.

I really like mauy thai fighters and that style is my close second fav but i have been a boxing/kickboxing fan for a while' date=' and i enjoying kickboxing myself.[/quote']

Sorry dude, thought with you mentioning Kongo you might be getting the 2 confused. I've only seen a few kickboxing fights, I like the quickness of it, but I think muay thai is more dangerous

Sorry dude' date=' thought with you mentioning Kongo you might be getting the 2 confused. I've only seen a few kickboxing fights, I like the quickness of it, but I think muay thai is more dangerous[/quote']

it is and i think it is really much more effective since you use knees elbows ect. the clinch is a killer to, mauy thai is more aggersive fighting style /

I generally don't like watching wrestlers in the ufc either, doesn't usually make for an exciting fight. For example the GSP vs Alves fight, GSP gave him some hard shots but he never looked like he was in a position of finishing the fight. He just grinded out a decision, probably why they didn't show that fight on the free spike tv broadcast of UFC 100. Where as Brock Lesnar with his supperior wrestling got Frank in really bad positions and fed him really hard shots which I found exciting. I think you could tell in that fight that Lesnar wasn't just using his wrestling to grind out a decision, like Fitch did in his fight with Paulo Thiago, he took it down and finished it in devastating fashion. It was even more impressive I thought because Frank Mir is a jiu jits guy and Lesnar was able to finish him on the ground. Anyways TEAM LESNAR!!!!!!!

Archived