Who will win Fedor vs. Rogers this weekend?

etrain1406051393

I know this is going to be a very one-sided poll but it still may be interesting to see everyone's opinion on this one.

http://bumpyknuckle.com/2009/11/03/who-will-win-strikefores-main-event-fedor-vs-rogers/

Anyone calling an upset on this fight?

can't see it, .. I would suggest w/ the exception of pitbull, take an in-depth look at grims other previous opponents ..

.. but "there ain't a bull that can't be rode & there ain't a cowboy that can't be throwed", rogers would have to catch lightning in a bottle ... doubt it . (tube Randleman vs Emelianenko)

First off i say Fedor is a *****!!!!! If u aint fighting in the UFC u aint fighting nowhere. I honestly think Fedor is scared of Brock, Mir, Nogiera,Cain, & Carwin. I mean he fighting old washed up roody poos in Strikeforce. Why wont Fedor grow a pair & come fight some real fighters.

First off i say Fedor is a *****!!!!! If u aint fighting in the UFC u aint fighting nowhere. I honestly think Fedor is scared of Brock' date=' Mir, Nogiera,Cain, & Carwin. I mean he fighting old washed up roody poos in Strikeforce. Why wont Fedor grow a pair & come fight some real fighters.[/quote']

why don't you grow wings & fly up a donkey butt nooboid ..

this blasphemous piffle shall be reported to to the Emps posse' immediately.... :eek:

First off i say Fedor is a *****!!!!! If u aint fighting in the UFC u aint fighting nowhere. I honestly think Fedor is scared of Brock' date=' Mir, Nogiera,Cain, & Carwin. I mean he fighting old washed up roody poos in Strikeforce. Why wont Fedor grow a pair & come fight some real fighters.[/quote']

damn you are fckn delusional!!!!! any1 (let alone FEDOR) who steps into a ring has no fear of another man. i guess you are 1 of those who think ANY ufc fighter can beat ANY other fighter not in the ufc. wow! the ufc hype machine has really brain-washed you!! P.S. in case you forgot , FEDOR DESTROYED a PRIME NOGUEIRA

Dude you done went and lost ur mind

..............................This post is absolute genius :rolleyes:

Dude you done went and lost ur mind

Agreed!!!!

why should he go to the UFC? For one, it's well known that the UFC doesn't give their fighters what they deserve. Fedor was known as the best in 2005, if Brock, Mir or whoever wants to be the best, then leave the UFC and go fight him, Fedor doesn't chase the competition, the competition chases Fedor

hahahaha.............agreed

why should he go to the UFC? For one' date=' it's well known that the UFC doesn't give their fighters what they deserve. Fedor was known as the best in 2005, if Brock, Mir or whoever wants to be the best, then leave the UFC and go fight him, Fedor doesn't chase the competition, the competition chases Fedor[/quote']

Why would Brock, Mir, Nog, Cain, and Carwin leave the best MMA organization in the world to go chase someone that doesn't want to fight them? There is a reason Fedor is fighting in a less talented organization like strikeforce and it isn't because of money. Fedor would make millions in the UFC so that excuse has no ground.

.. unfathomable .. the cure for this dysfunctional thought pattern is :

.. watch fedor highlights w/ "ladies & gentlemen" as background music & take 2 cyanide softgels ' date=' .. this is your salvation, trust me .. :rolleyes:[/quote']

The cure for this supposed dysfunctional thought pattern is for Fedor to fight the top Heavyweight contenders in the world (Lesnar, Carwin, Mir, Nog).

I will be happy to admit that Fedor is unstoppable once he does this.

The cure for this supposed dysfunctional thought pattern is for Fedor to fight the top Heavyweight contenders in the world (Lesnar' date=' Carwin, Mir, Nog).

I will be happy to admit that Fedor is unstoppable once he does this.[/quote']

Lesnar .. no record

Carwin .. who ?

Mir .. lost to Vera

Nog .. he already beat him twice you nooboid-dingleberry

... fighters need to go to fedor, not the reverse !

Why would Brock' date=' Mir, Nog, Cain, and Carwin leave the best MMA organization in the world to go chase someone that doesn't want to fight them? There is a reason Fedor is fighting in a less talented organization like strikeforce and it isn't because of money. Fedor would make millions in the UFC so that excuse has no ground.[/quote']

they should leave the best company to fight the best fighter, To be the best, you must beat the best. not just fight in the best orginization. Also, you have to remember that fedor is under contract to M1 global, And it was Vadim Finklestein that chose strikeforce because he could co-promote and make millions. When Fedor's contract runs out with M1 then you can chastise him for his choices, until then direct all hate to Vadim. out of curiosity, does anyone know if Fedor and Dana White have ever actually spoken? i was under the impression that the contract discussions were conducted by Vadim

they should leave the best company to fight the best fighter' date=' To be the best, you must beat the best. not just fight in the best orginization. Also, you have to remember that fedor is under contract to M1 global, And it was Vadim Finklestein that chose strikeforce because he could co-promote and make millions. When Fedor's contract runs out with M1 then you can chastise him for his choices, until then direct all hate to Vadim. out of curiosity, does anyone know if Fedor and Dana White have ever actually spoken? i was under the impression that the contract discussions were conducted by Vadim[/quote']

Who says Fedor is the best and on what basis?

I am sure that M1 global has a lot to do with Fedor being in Strikeforce but Fedor still has the final say.

Lesnar .. no record

Carwin .. who ?

Mir .. lost to Vera

Nog .. he already beat him twice you nooboid-dingleberry

... fighters need to go to fedor' date=' not the reverse ![/quote']

What is a nooboid-dingleberry? Now I know why you are so obsessed with Fedor.

We are talking present day here. Fedor beat Nog by decision over 5 years ago. He really hasn't fought any top contenders in quite a while and yes I know he recently fought a washed up Tim Silvia and Arlovski.

The best fighters in the world are located in the UFC and I don't know how you could dispute that. For that reason, he would need to fight someone in the UFC to be considered the best. How does that not make sense?

Actually Fedor doesn't have much say, he is a part owner of M1 and would probably be bankrupt if he was to break his contract which would bring about a heavy lawsuit. Fedor became the best in 2005 when he beat the 2nd and 3rd best in the world (himself being considered number 1 at the time) and then went on to beat the 2 previous UFC champions. At that point everybody knew who was the #1 HW (if not fighter) in the world

Actually Fedor doesn't have much say' date=' he is a part owner of M1 and would probably be bankrupt if he was to break his contract which would bring about a heavy lawsuit. Fedor became the best in 2005 when he beat the 2nd and 3rd best in the world (himself being considered number 1 at the time) and then went on to beat the 2 previous UFC champions. At that point everybody knew who was the #1 HW (if not fighter) in the world[/quote']

I am not saying that he would have to break his contract. What I am saying is that he has heavy influence in the decisions that are made.

As far as his wins back in 2005, what 2nd and 3rd rated fighters are you referencing?

What is a nooboid-dingleberry? Now I know why you are so obsessed with Fedor.

We are talking present day here. Fedor beat Nog by decision over 5 years ago. He really hasn't fought any top contenders in quite a while and yes I know he recently fought a washed up Tim Silvia and Arlovski.

The best fighters in the world are located in the UFC and I don't know how you could dispute that. For that reason' date=' he would need to fight someone in the UFC to be considered the best. How does that not make sense?[/quote']

consider this advice, do not voice "opinion as fact" unless using a little tongue n' cheek humor ..

I am not saying that he would have to break his contract. What I am saying is that he has heavy influence in the decisions that are made.

As far as his wins back in 2005' date=' what 2nd and 3rd rated fighters are you referencing?[/quote']

Mirko Cro-Cop and Nogueira, it's also worth noting that with the exception of Bas Rutten, every UFC HW champion has either lost to Fedor directly or lost to someone that Fedor beat

Mirko Cro-Cop and Nogueira' date=' it's also worth noting that with the exception of Bas Rutten, every UFC HW champion has either lost to Fedor directly or lost to someone that Fedor beat[/quote']

Is this the same Cro-Cop that got destroyed by average fighters when he attempted to fight in the UFC? He beat Nog by decision 5 years ago.

Fedor is a great fighter and was probably the best at one point. However, I don't think he has proven he is the best heavyweight today.

Is this the same Cro-Cop that got destroyed by average fighters when he attempted to fight in the UFC? He beat Nog by decision 5 years ago.

Fedor is a great fighter and was probably the best at one point. However' date=' I don't think he has proven he is the best heavyweight today.[/quote']

Your talking trash about Cro Cop and Fedor at the same time in this forum?

Ide duck for cover if i were u its about to start raining ****. lol

Fedor is a great fighter and was probably the best at one point. However' date=' I don't think he has proven he is the best heavyweight today.[/quote']

Wait a minute, did you just compare the Cro Cop of today to the Cro Cop who was tearing through Pride, beating some of the best HWs in business, was ranked #2 and 3 in the world? Really? And yes, he beat Nog 5 years ago. Back when Nog's only loss was to Dan Henderson and when Nog was ranked #1 in the world, Pride, UFC or anywhere else. So you're dismissing him beating the 2nd best HW of all time while the 2nd best HW of all time was in his prime? Interesting.

I'm curious as to who has proven to be the best HW today. Brock? Nogueira, a man Fedor beat twice? Mir? Randy? lol. Who?

It's funny how every P4P fighter has at LEAST 1 top 10 fighter in their division they haven't fought, yet Fedor absolutely has to beat every single one to garner respect. And it's all based on the ASSUMPTION that Brock can beat Fedor. By that logic (just to prove a point not all of them I believe but some I do), I assume Cung Le can beat Anderson, Shields can beat GSP, Mousasi can beat Machida and Aoki can beat Penn. So until then, none of them are the best P4P in the world based on my assumptions.

Firstly, Cro-Cop was never the same after Fedor dominated him, he beat Big Nog 5 years ago......when he was in his prime. Once you become the best it is the challengers' job to try and beat you, Fedor doesn't have to prove he is the best, someone has to prove he is not, to be the best, you must beat the best, and now that we've agreed that Fedor was the best at one point, and no one has beat him since, how can he not be the best?

Wait a minute' date=' did you just compare the Cro Cop of today to the Cro Cop who was tearing through Pride, beating some of the best HWs in business, was ranked #2 and 3 in the world? Really? And yes, he beat Nog 5 years ago. Back when Nog's only loss was to Dan Henderson and when Nog was ranked #1 in the world, Pride, UFC or anywhere else. So you're dismissing him beating the 2nd best HW of all time while the 2nd best HW of all time was in his prime? Interesting.

I'm curious as to who has proven to be the best HW today. Brock? Nogueira, a man Fedor beat twice? Mir? Randy? lol. Who?

It's funny how every P4P fighter has at LEAST 1 top 10 fighter in their division they haven't fought, yet Fedor absolutely has to beat every single one to garner respect. And it's all based on the ASSUMPTION that Brock can beat Fedor. By that logic (just to prove a point not all of them I believe but some I do), I assume Cung Le can beat Anderson, Shields can beat GSP, Mousasi can beat Machida and Aoki can beat Penn. So until then, none of them are the best P4P in the world based on my assumptions.[/quote']

You actually just supported my argument. As you mentioned, Cro Cop is not the same as he used to be. That is exactly what I am trying to say is possible about Fedor. Everyone is referencing fights that happen many years ago. He has not fought any of the top HW contenters as of late which is why it is hard to prove that he is currently the best HW fighter. Until he fights some of the present HW contenders, I don't know how you can say he is currently the best.

If Brock Lesnar disappears for the next 5 years and doesn't fight anyone, would it make sense to say he is the UFC Heavyweight champion? I think the same can be said for Fedor. He is a great fighter but he has not fought the best in several years.

Your talking trash about Cro Cop and Fedor at the same time in this forum?

Ide duck for cover if i were u its about to start raining ****. lol

Talking trash? How do you figure?

I said Cro-Cop was destroyed when he attempted to fight in the UFC. Is that not true? I don't know what you were watching if you don't agree with that.

I said Fedor was a great fighter and the best at one point but I am not sure if he has proven this now. How is that talking trash?

I think you have a distorted view on talking trash.

You actually just supported my argument. As you mentioned' date=' Cro Cop is not the same as he used to be. That is exactly what I am trying to say is possible about Fedor. Everyone is referencing fights that happen many years ago. He has not fought any of the top HW contenters as of late which is why it is hard to prove that he is currently the best HW fighter. Until he fights some of the present HW contenders, I don't know how you can say he is currently the best.

If Brock Lesnar disappears for the next 5 years and doesn't fight anyone, would it make sense to say he is the UFC Heavyweight champion? I think the same can be said for Fedor. He is a great fighter but he has not fought the best in several years.[/quote']

Well lets go by rankings since you say he hasn't beaten any top fighters as of late. Sylvia was ranked #5 and Arlovski #3 at the time of their fights with Fedor. Whether you think they suck or not doesn't matter, that's your opinion and I could explain why they are both credible opponents but I've repeated it too many times. The FACT is they were both top 5 HWs. If you think they suck that's your opinion, which is worthless, what I'm stating is fact.

Randy Couture disappeared for how long and he was considered the UFC hw champion. What's your point?

The UFC hw division is full of guys who haven't beaten anybody in their entire careers and your saying Fedor has to fight guys like Carwin, Cain, Kongo or Gonzaga? C'mon. I'd rather see him fight Werdum or Overeem.

Well lets go by rankings since you say he hasn't beaten any top fighters as of late. Sylvia was ranked #5 and Arlovski #3 at the time of their fights with Fedor. Whether you think they suck or not doesn't matter' date=' that's your opinion and I could explain why they are both credible opponents but I've repeated it too many times. The FACT is they were both top 5 HWs. If you think they suck that's your opinion, which is worthless, what I'm stating is fact.

Randy Couture disappeared for how long and he was considered the UFC hw champion. What's your point?

The UFC hw division is full of guys who haven't beaten anybody in their entire careers and your saying Fedor has to fight guys like Carwin, Cain, Kongo or Gonzaga? C'mon. I'd rather see him fight Werdum or Overeem.[/quote']

Well it doesn't sound like you are willing to listen to anything except Fedor is King so I won't bother. However, I never mentioned him fighting Kongo or Cain although I would like to see that.

Just because someone has a lot of fights doesn't mean anything. Ben Rothwell proved that last event. There are a lot of young fighters in the UFC but that doesn't mean they are not top fighters. I would love to see Fedor fight Carwin, Cain, or Lesnar but I doubt that will ever happen.

Well it doesn't sound like you are willing to listen to anything except Fedor is King so I won't bother. However' date=' I never mentioned him fighting Kongo or Cain although I would like to see that.

Just because someone has a lot of fights doesn't mean anything. Ben Rothwell proved that last event. There are a lot of young fighters in the UFC but that doesn't mean they are not top fighters. I would love to see Fedor fight Carwin, Cain, or Lesnar but I doubt that will ever happen.[/quote']

What you're getting confused is that I am not a Fedor fan boy but I recognize he is the best MMA fighter to ever compete.

My point is people use this same claim that Fedor hasn't fought anybody recently (although Sylvia, AA and Lindland were all top 10 fighters) yet half the UFC hw division hasn't beaten as credible opponents in their entire career and people say he needs to prove himself against them. Does that make sense to you? A man who has proven it all has to prove himself against people who aren't proven at all?

What you're getting confused is that I am not a Fedor fan boy but I recognize he is the best MMA fighter to ever compete.

My point is people use this same claim that Fedor hasn't fought anybody recently (although Sylvia' date=' AA and Lindland were all top 10 fighters) yet half the UFC hw division hasn't beaten as credible opponents in their entire career and people say he needs to prove himself against them. Does that make sense to you? A man who has proven it all has to prove himself against people who aren't proven at all?[/quote']

I understand your point but I still think he needs to prove he is still (key word) the best HW in the world. I am not doubting he is good and was the best but I am doubting the present.

Well if you'd be so kind as to look at this thing I just posted on another forum just to see my point, that'd be cool. I'm not being an ***** or arguing, just a friendly debate. That's what I do, it's never taken too seriously. But check this out.

UFC

Frank Mir: 12-4 (2 time UFC champion, 3 arguably credible wins over Tim Sylvia, but then again that's not credible for Fedor so I guess it's not for Mir, a staff infected Nog and a submission on a 1-0 rookie Brock Lesnar)

Carwin: 11-0 (1 credible win over Gonzaga)

Cain 7-0 (1 credible win over Rothwell)

Kongo 14-5-1 (no credible wins unless you count an over the hill Cro Cop which I don't)

JDS: 9-1 (1 credible win over Werdum)

Gonzaga: 11-4 (1 credible win over... wait... no credible wins... lost to Werdum, who's in SF, twice)

Brock Lesnar: 4-1 (UFC hw champion, 2 credible wins over Mir and Couture)

Strike Force

Fedor 30-1 (5 time MMA champion, 11 credible wins over Nog in his prime x2, Cro Cop in his prime, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman x2, randleman, Babalu, Arona and if you want to use the "Herring is credible for Brock" than add him to Fedor's list, too and thats not counting Fujita who I think was a great fighter plus I'm sure I'm missing some)

Rogers: 9-0 (1 credible win over Arlovski)

Overeem: 31-11 (credible wins over Belfort twice and Igor)

Fabricio Werdum: 12-4 (4 credible wins over Aleks Emelienanko, Overeem, Gonzaga twice and Vera if you want to consider that UFC guy a credible win)

Fedor's previous 3 opponents

Tim Sylvia 24-6 (5 time UFC HW champion, 5 credible wins over Ricco Rodriguez, Arlovski x2, Ben Rothwell and Jeff Monson. Only 4 losses previous to Fedor were Mir, Couture, Nog and Arlovski)

Andrei Arlovski 15-7 (former UFC HW champion, 3 credible wins over Fabricio Werdum, Tim Sylvia and Ben Rothwell

Matt Lindland 21-6 (walks around at 215lbs, 6 credible wins over Phil Baroni, Carlow Newton, Tony Fryklund, Travis Lutter, Ricardo Almeida and Pat Millitech)

Realistically, the guys in SF and those 3 of Fedor's previous opponents are just as credible if not more credible than most of the guys listed from the UFC. I didn't add Nog because Fedor beat him twice and Randy has a good list of fighters but his record isn't exactly the best. But I'll give it to Randy, he fights top competition.

Realistically Fedor's 3 previous opponents are more accomplished, fought better competition, have more credible wins and better credentials than most of that UFC list. They were also higher ranked at the time of those fights than most of those UFC fighters. And the SF guys are just as, if not more credentialed as well. Rogers is just as credentialed as Cain, Carwin, Gonzaga, Kongo or JDS.

Well if you'd be so kind as to look at this thing I just posted on another forum just to see my point' date=' that'd be cool. I'm not being an ***** or arguing, just a friendly debate. That's what I do, it's never taken too seriously. But check this out.

[b']

UFC[/b]

Frank Mir: 12-4 (2 time UFC champion, 3 arguably credible wins over Tim Sylvia, but then again that's not credible for Fedor so I guess it's not for Mir, a staff infected Nog and a submission on a 1-0 rookie Brock Lesnar)

Kongo 14-5-1 (no credible wins unless you count an over the hill Cro Cop which I don't)

Gonzaga: 11-4 (1 credible win over... wait... no credible wins... lost to Werdum, who's in SF, twice)

Strike Force

Fedor 30-1 (5 time MMA champion, 11 credible wins over Nog in his prime x2, Cro Cop in his prime, Lindland, Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman x2, randleman, Babalu, Arona and if you want to use the "Herring is credible for Brock" than add him to Fedor's list, too and thats not counting Fujita who I think was a great fighter plus I'm sure I'm missing some)

Fabricio Werdum: 12-4 (4 credible wins over Aleks Emelienanko, Overeem, Gonzaga twice and Vera if you want to consider that UFC guy a credible win)

Tim Sylvia 24-6 (5 time UFC HW champion, 5 credible wins over Ricco Rodriguez, Arlovski x2, Ben Rothwell and Jeff Monson. Only 4 losses previous to Fedor were Mir, Couture, Nog and Arlovski)

Andrei Arlovski 15-7 (former UFC HW champion, 3 credible wins over Fabricio Werdum, Tim Sylvia and Ben Rothwell

Matt Lindland 21-6 (walks around at 215lbs, 6 credible wins over Phil Baroni, Carlow Newton, Tony Fryklund, Travis Lutter, Ricardo Almeida and Pat Millitech)

Realistically, the guys in SF and those 3 of Fedor's previous opponents are just as credible if not more credible than most of the guys listed from the UFC. I didn't add Nog because Fedor beat him twice and Randy has a good list of fighters but his record isn't exactly the best. But I'll give it to Randy, he fights top competition.

Realistically Fedor's 3 previous opponents are more accomplished, fought better competition, have more credible wins and better credentials than most of that UFC list. They were also higher ranked at the time of those fights than most of those UFC fighters. And the SF guys are just as, if not more credentialed as well. Rogers is just as credentialed as Cain, Carwin, Gonzaga, Kongo or JDS.

nice, read it hell yeah ... I just printed it out for the kids too,

we start fedorizing them young here in beserkerville, my daughter has a fedor doll & if you try to take it away from her ... she immediately goes for a trip-take down & armbar (she's 4) ... thanx ao :)

Well if you'd be so kind as to look at this thing I just posted on another forum just to see my point' date=' that'd be cool. I'm not being an ***** or arguing, just a friendly debate. That's what I do, it's never taken too seriously. But check this out.

[b']

UFC[/b]

Strike Force

Not bad....good argument.

The HW division is the one area the UFC is lacking. They don't have too many solid heavyweights at this point but there are definitely some potentials. Then again, I don't think there are many solid HW anywhere.

Archived