Winner of Penn/Sanchez vs Winner of Varner/Henderson

170lbking

not sure about henderson yet, but varner is a very game opponent. He's only dropped one fight in his last 16 fights, and that was to a prime hermes franca. I think bj can take him out, but he should be able to hang with sanchez. Would love to see some wec'ers fight in some ufc superfights. hopefully one day. like ricardo lamas, cerrone, razor robb, etc.

Henderson could withstand Cerrone subs' date=' do you think he could do the same with the master of the RNC, BJ Penn? I would love to see the fight but just don't think he'd be able to hold BJ off[/quote']

I agree 100% with you. I don't understand how ben didn't tap in that fight, it was unreal. If Henderson and Penn fought I don't think BJ would would get the sub, maybe by RNC, but Henderson was in some tight arm locks against Cerrone and was fine. I could see a ko or tko though, BJ hits hard.

would just show how big the gap is between WEC lightweights and UFC lightweights

I used to think that their was no gap, but Carlos Condit's lack luster performance in the UFC's WW division is proof that their is a gap. He was the last WW champ in the WEC but he's not even close to the skill level of GSP or even Thiago Alves, but who knows.

Archived