Rich 'Ace' Franklin: Who's next?

Josh_Koscheck

After losin to Vitor, not heard anything from or about him. Obviously his next fight will be at 205 but who do you think the UFC will give him:

Jardine?

Tito/Forrest?

Vera?

Jon Jones?

Coleman?

I know some of these guys are involved in fights coming up or are injured (in Colemans case) but doesnt look like he is fighting anytime soon so let the debate begin...

Vera is going up atm, whereas Rich has gone down, and needs to start again... so i wouldn't go for Vera.

I can see Jardine v Rich, that'd be good since both are decent fun to watch fighters, coming off a down patch... same for Forrest.

Imo, if Forrest wins against Tito, he's still climbing slowly... if Tito wins, he'll have maybe 1 fight more and be considered for a title fight, just to keep the momentum of the comeback... but if Forrest looses, he's realy rock bottom, but i don't think the same goes for Tito.

y does rich want to fight at a higher weight class when he did well at middle weight? but then gets stomped by belfort because belfort is huge

He basically left 185 because at 185 he would alway be #1 contender but not be able to beat Anderson. There is nothing left for him at 185 as he basically cleaned out that division. 205 gives him challenges and motivation. This coming from Rich himself/Dana. His fight with Vitor really means nothing. One punch knock outs before a fight really gets started gives you a loss but doesn't mean your done or the winner is the better fighter.

You guys talk about Rich like he's some sort of bum, but look at who he's lost to...

Machida- a long time ago

A. Silva- (twice) is their really any shame in losing to Silva?

Henderson- in a fight that I thought should have went to Rich (not to mention the eye pokes and headbut)

Vitor- A guy who has fought the who's who in MMA since 1996 (Randy, Chuck, Hendo, Overeem, Tito, just to name a few) and hasn't lost a fight since 2006.

Those are all of his loses. He's 26 and 5 with 14 (t)KO's and 9 submissions.

Rich is far from finished.

You guys talk about Rich like he's some sort of bum' date=' but look at who he's lost to...

Machida- a long time ago

Henderson- in a fight that I thought should have went to Rich (not to mention the eye pokes and headbut)

Vitor- A guy who has fought the who's who in MMA since 1996 (Randy, Chuck, Hendo, Overeem, Tito, just to name a few) and hasn't lost a fight since 2006.

Rich is far from finished.[/quote']

We agree on so much...I can't believe that people just write off fighters for a loss...Rich Franklin is an amazing fighter...let him destroy Tito

Vera is going up atm' date=' whereas Rich has gone down, and needs to start again... so i wouldn't go for Vera.

I can see Jardine v Rich, that'd be good since both are decent fun to watch fighters, coming off a down patch... same for Forrest.

Imo, if Forrest wins against Tito, he's still climbing slowly... if Tito wins, he'll have maybe 1 fight more and be considered for a title fight, just to keep the momentum of the comeback... [b']but if Forrest looses, he's realy rock bottom[/b], but i don't think the same goes for Tito.

Please explain?

Yeah he has lost his last 2 fights but to AS who is the best in the ufc no matter what weight class and Rashad who he suprised him, He beat Rampage and Shogun who everyone is loving at the moment because he came close to beating Lyoto!

Not sure what happened in the Belfort fight.. Rich didn't look like himself. That was the most hesitant Rich Franklin that I have ever seen. Maybe the result could be the reason why, but I just don't see that fight happening the same way if they were to fight again.

Franklin's kryptonite seems to be Brazillian southpaws. Machida, Silva and Belfort all fight in the southpaw stance. Hendo doesn't, but I think Rich should have won that fight.

I'm sure he'll do fine against whoever the UFC offers him.

My money would be on Griffin/Franklin in Ireland for St, Patty's Day.

i would like to see him fight jardine but i think they should give jardine a diff opponent i think he should fight the loser or winner of tito/griffin i think those would be the better fights to see even tho chuck vs franklin would be a great but what if chuck lost his first fight back or franklin lost again i think it would be bad for either fighter

You guys talk about Rich like he's some sort of bum' date=' but look at who he's lost to...

Machida- a long time ago

Rich is far from finished.[/quote']

100% agree....esp on the Hendo fight

calling him irrelevant makes me itch a little ....are u kidding me???

27-4-1.....2 losses to silva (best fighter in the world) loss to hendo which was kind of BS and the vitor KO. he jsut beat Wanderlei.

no way is he even close to done. Rich Franlin can bang with the best. i can't wait for his next fight. no way is he a gatekeeper, if they put him up agaisnt a young stud like Bader that would be a mistake he far way to experienced and i think he would man handle anyone like that. Id like to see him fight the winner of Tito and Griffin. preferably Griffin.

Ace is irrelevant ....really ??

Archived