Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Randy Couture VS Brandon Vera

Yeah' date=' Randy, overall landed more strikes by far, and there was this one part in the fight where he landed this brutal uppercut in the clinch. Vera's only real moment of dominance was that round where he kicked Randy a couple of times. That's where the 29-28 came in, because that one round was Vera's.[/quote']

no huge uppercut occured during the fight.

just because you remember D bag randy nuthugging comentators saying "woah.... brutal upper cut" doesnt mean it actually happened.

every one of randys strikes were love taps.

You need to rewatch it yourself JP. Randy was most definitely hurt by those kicks and only survived by tying Vera up. The dirty boxing Randy's famous for was neglible in this fight. The Randy I know and respect would have called this a questionable decision even as it was gift wrapped and handed over to him. The ending seemed just a bit 'scripted', if you take my meaning. Rogan was way too quick to acknowledge the 'unanimous' decision. I've been a fan since the earliest days of UFC, and I've never watched a decision that I felt more uneasy about. In fact, the entire franchise took a credibility hit tonight in my estimation, and I think in that of many others as well.

I wasnt replying to your post' date=' I was agreeing with you, thanks for being a ****** though[/quote']

Hey, I deleted that and put in false accusation as my reason. My apologies, I'm tired, but that's no real excuse.

You need to rewatch it yourself JP. Randy was most definitely hurt by those kicks and only survived by tying Vera up. The dirty boxing Randy's famous for was neglible in this fight. The Randy I know and respect would have called this a questionable decision even as it was gift wrapped and handed over to him. The ending seemed just a bit 'scripted'' date=' if you take my meaning. Rogan was way too quick to acknowledge the 'unanimous' decision. I've been a fan since the earliest days of UFC, and I've never watched a decision that I felt more uneasy about. In fact, the entire franchise took a credibility hit tonight in my estimation, and I think in that of many others as well.[/quote']

Whatever the case, it's nothing like Machida vs. Shogun, this was a tough one for the judges to call. I, as well as many others, agree to the decision.

I AM NOT a Couture fan at all, I, as a matter of fact, was rooting for Vera, but I think Vera got outdone.

I disagree. Randy controlled the whole fight, The whole fight took place in one of the two spots Randy wanted it, in the clinch. He totally negated Vera's stand up. He controlled the entire first round in the clinch, Vera did nothing, Vera won the second round unanimously as he should have because that is where is did the only damage with the body shots. The small cut Randy had was completely irrelevant as it was so small and probably came from a head butt in the clinch, round 2 Vera. Randy again completely controlled the 3rd round with the clinch and dominant position, he started hurting Vera a little with the dirty boxing inside. Not and exciting fight, but if you look back, I rewatched the fight, Randy probably controlled 12 minutes out of 15 in that fight where he had octogon control, and dominant position and Vera was unable to use any striking. In my opionion the judes made exactly the right call, all 3 gave Vera round 2 as they should have and Randy won 1 and 3 as he should have. Not exciting, but he still dominated the fight. I was only surprised at how hard Vera was to take down. In the countdown, Vera said "all his skills will come out against Randy, everything" his exact words. Well those skills were only able to be used for 3 minutes out of 15 (except his takedown defense skills) Not an exciting fight but the right fighter got the decision in my opinion and it was an accurate decision.

UFC has nothing to do with judges' date=' quit posting on how you blame the UFC and how they are some how influencing scores, they have NOTHING to do with judges. Randy won for landing more shot, and controlling the fight, I hate people that thing a big shot is the only important thing in a fight, MMA is really not your sport if thats all your looking for.[/quote']

Takes some big ones to start dictating just who is a true MMA fan. Just so you know it there are a whole lot of us MMA afficionados who like knockouts and respect fighters for bringing KO power into the cage. I think we all respect standout grappling, jiu jitsu, and excellent submissions too. Too bad we didnt see any of those things from Captain America tonight. I love Randy, but if his win had been clear cut or impressive in any way whatever there would be no need for you to defend it. The unanimous decision would speak for itself. The reason it doesn't, and most likely you'll have to be pretty creative with your argument in the future if you wanna stick with it, is that you are simply wrong. Mark my words, MMA experts will stamp this one as a bad call and all the yes men in the world won't be able to cover it.

Anyone who watches Randy Couture fight, or is a fan of his , knows about his fight style. He wins by wearing the opponent out, clinch, and ground and pound, he doesnt have knock out power ( he does have enough to rock you though ) , or good BJJ. His fight style is the same its always been, which isn't exciting at all. The thing that makes Randy exciting is his age, and his ability to get a win over an opponent that is the clear favorite, like vs Chuck Lidell or vs Tim Silvia. I give allot of respect to fights who implement their game plan in the cage and dominate, no matter how boring it may look. However it is very technical.

One thing about Randy though, its the vast majority of his fights have been either for a title, or a title defense, he fought this fight like it was a 5 rounder, as in by wearing Vera, down and taking minimal damage which he did and Vera was VERY tired after the fight.

I was impressed with Vera tonight though, he does seem like he is improving very much.

No prob JP24

Anyone who watches Randy Couture fight' date=' or is a fan of his , knows about his fight style. He wins by wearing the opponent out, clinch, and ground and pound, he doesnt have knock out power ( he does have enough to rock you though ) , or good BJJ. His fight style is the same its always been, which isn't exciting at all. The thing that makes Randy exciting is his age, and his ability to get a win over an opponent that is the clear favorite, like vs Chuck Lidell or vs Tim Silvia. I give allot of respect to fights who implement their game plan in the cage and dominate, no matter how boring it may look. However it is very technical.

One thing about Randy though, its the vast majority of his fights have been either for a title, or a title defense, he fought this fight like it was a 5 rounder, as in by wearing Vera, down and taking minimal damage which he did and Vera was VERY tired after the fight.

I was impressed with Vera tonight though, he does seem like he is improving very much.

No prob JP24[/quote']

Thanks a million, and sorry for that misquote. Won't happen again.

You brought up a good point. Randy's almost as old as my out-of-shape dad, and he's still handling top fighters in the UFC. I remember he gave Lesnar a run for his money, and I didn't know who was gonna win in the Couture vs. Noguiera fight. This guy just makes a bigger name for himself all the time.

He was actually beating Lesnar till he got caught in the temple. Randys only real problem is that he doesnt have a strong chin / ability to take a big shot' date=' but he never has.[/quote']

That says a heck of a lot about Lesnar. He's gonna get smoked soon.

Guys, let's put this into perspective. Whilst Vera might have won the standup, this was only for a small portion of each round, the rest of the round was Randy controlling Vera against the cage and wearing him down with his Greco-Roman clinch. That's octagon control and it's also exactly what Couture had to do (and said he would do) in order to contain Vera. People seem to forget that Randy landed several good flurries that dazed Vera at points in the second and third, this was a very close fight and I can see why they gave it to Couture.

I too actually gave the fight to Vera but can see why the judges gave it the other way. This is not the worse judging you'll ever see, this is not a robbery. It's certainly not worse than the 104 judging. Close fight, but no robbery.

i agree another bad decesion by the judges for the second ufc in a row the f#$% up shogun and machida and the f#$% up this fight as well , its like the were watching a different fight, and im a big randy fan but he did not win that fight

I can only imaging that the judges must have counted the small punches Randy landed in the clinch even though they weren't that damaging. Lets face it Brandon didn't do much work either apart from the punishing kicks, Randy seemed to get the better of the boxing with the Hands overall.

I wouldn't have wanted to be a judge on that fight!

It was frustrating that Brandon couldn't find some distance stick and move more he must have known Randy would tie him up in the clinch.

Randy has always been a master of implementing his game plan to eek out a victory even if it doesn't always make for the most exciting fights.

It'd be weird to give the win to Vera, when throughout the whole fight Couture imposed his will on him.

Regardless of how fights are scored in MMA, Vera didn't look like a guy who won a fight.

They should redefine the criteria for judging. So what if Randy was able to "impose his will" on Brandon? At the end of the day, a fight is a fight and in a fight, youre supposed to hurt your opponent. This isnt amateur boxing where you need to touch the white portion of the gloves to the face to win a match, this is professional fighting and in professional fighting, effective damage always hold more meat than anything else.

Another crazy decision?!

UFC really is starting to look stupid. What are the judges starting to pick winners by who has a bigger name or what?!

Much like Machida, Randy didnt do anything in this fight. I dont think this was worst than Machida vs Shogun fight beacuse this was not for the title but it was pretty bad decision.

Randy hugged him for three rounds and what 30-27 by two judges for Randy. When he got knocked down and almost stopped in the second round??

I think they should just reverse these decisions and give wins to the guys who actually won. Title to Shogun and win to Vera.

I too feel as though Brandon was robbed. I mean yeah Randy was able to control him against the cage for pretty much the whole fight. But come on, let's be real about this. For the first two rounds was he REALLY doing anything significant in that position? Brandon did more damage, hands down.

The first I saw pretty even due to the fact that Brandon came aggresive, but then Randy took him down. The second was ALL Brandon. He knocked Coture down, hit him with some good ground and pound, and overall put a hurtin on him. The third I give to Randy only cause of those good punches he landed, but Vera was still able to get the takedown and hit Randy with some good shots of his own.

Overall I feel as though Randy didn't do enough to win. Brandon overall did more damage so he should've won. I love Couture. He's one of my favorite UFC fighters, but there's no way he won that fight. Yet another case of bad judging. The UFC REALLY needs to evaluate the judges they recruit. Cause this is ridiculous...

... if the decision went to vera' date=' there would be equal discontent,

the fighters should train to take out there opponents, omit the judges ..[/quote']

It's like they always say you can't leave it to the judges. Maybe yellow cards would have pushed the action in this fight and someone would have got the finish. But now you have to examine the whole fight and try to figure out who won a fight with not much action.

Vera landed stronger shots, avoided takedowns and was the closest to finishing the fight. But his attacks came in quick flurries and he spent most of the fight against the fence fighting off take downs and Randy's dirty boxing. At the end of the fight Vera gains mount and ends the fight landing strikes I guess would be what gave Vera the fight, but I am still not confident in the way I scored it.

Even if Vera gets the decision I don't think his performance really gains him any ground on becoming a contender/

It's like they always say you can't leave it to the judges.

Even if Vera gets the decision I don't think his performance really gains him any ground on becoming a contender/

... this is a good point, vera needed to dispose of couture in under 2 rounds to attain any cred .. brandons record is just embarrassing now, time to seek employment elsewhere .

(strikeforce would definately sign the truth) ..

This is the reason why all Main events, need to be 5 rounds. That was a tough fight to judge, and I could see it going either way last night. Randy did a great job with the clinch game and I'm surprised that Vera kept trying to out clinch him, when he was clearly winning the striking. Also I know Randy has never been a great striker, but his stand up looked a lot worse this time, I think. Had this fight gone another two rounds, maybe we would of had a finish, or a better idea of who won.

This was an AWFUL decision, much worse than the Shogun/Rua decision. Let's face it, people need to get over their man-crush with Couture. He did almost nothing impressive tonight, and he did not do enough to deserve a win. People can say "was the more agressive fighter," but if you look at the definition of criteria as stated in the 10 point must system, it can be argued he didn't even do that. Let's break this down a bit.

A. Effective Aggressiveness-

This is determined as the fighter showing most effort to win. It is of no use to simply be aggressive. The fighter?s effort must be effective effort.

Vera wins this portion. While Couture did push him around and lean him against the cage most of the fight, it was certainly not an effective effort. He did almost no damage, except for one or two flurries of dirty boxing in the middle of the fight. The rules state that you must advance your position to avoid being separated, but this does not mean just moving your head from one side of your opponent's waist to the other. Advancing position from the clinch against the cage primarily means takedowns, and Couture did not have a single takedown that I recall (he may have had one, but I was too busy yelling "split 'em up!" to realize it). Randy is bigger and stronger then Vera, yet he could not take him down. Who did the better job? The truth.

B. Effective Technique-

This area includes Striking, Clinch Work, Takedowns, Submission attempts, Transitioning, and Positioning.

Okay, so Couture definitely held the "dominant" position in the clinch for most of the fight, but he did nothing with it. In my opinion, that gives him minimal points, if any, for clinch work. Striking went impressively to Vera, who stunned and hurt Couture on many occasions, which is why Randy kept hugging him and taking him against the cage. Transitioning and positioning goes to Couture by default, but again, Vera defended countless takedowns and transitions, so it shouldn't be a huge margin there.

C. Cage/ Ring Control-

This is assessed by determining which fighter has used the fighting area to his / her advantage the most.

Couture wins by default. He did control the octagon, but he did it because he is bigger and stronger and probably weighed much more than Vera during the fight. He had positioning all fight almost, but he still did nothing with it.

D. Defence / Escapes-

This area includes avoiding and blocking of strikes, reversals from pins and mount, escapes from submissions i.e. transitioning to avoid a submission, etc. etc.

Vera, without a doubt. He defended almost everything Randy threw at him, he just couldn't keep the bigger, stronger guy from pushing him against the cage.

Look, I was actually rooting for Randy at the beginning of the bout, but this fight was absolutely awful. You could tell Vera came to fight, but Couture just wanted to wrestle, and he didn't even impress in that category. I was very impressed with Vera all-around, his striking, his wrestling, his defense...everything. I thought he was the better fighter tonight, and despite the results, I think he deserves to be closer to the title shot at 205. People keep saying, "he should have finished the fight," which he should have, but so should Randy. Couture never even came close to finishing this fight, while Vera almost put him away two or three times. Now tell me, how could Couture have honestly won this fight? Oh, I see...he's 46 years old so he gets the age sympathy.

Total bull****.

Great job, Brandon. You won over a new fan last night.

It seems like the opinions over the decision are more divided now BUT it's not just some fans who think Vera won (from Yahoo Sports) "The crowd reaction was mixed when the decision was read aloud. The majority of the press cageside had it 29-28 for Vera, including Yahoo! Sports"

I said my beef but I'm a big fan of Randy Couture so if anybody gets a "controversial" decision I'm glad it's him.

I'm sure we'll see a more exciting fight in Couture's next fight as the "ring control" last night is pretty rare. Normally he gets takedowns quickly or the dirty boxing turns into striking.

I hope Tito Ortiz wins his upcoming fight so he and Randy could square off again, that would be a good fight IMO.

Btw, did anybody see the clip at the very end where someone in the crowd ripped off Mike Swick's hat? That was funny!

Noah

What i dont understand is that after the Machida/Shogun farce' date=' a judge comes out and says 'we favour the fighter who tries to finish the fight.'' If thats the case then how the f*ck did Couture win this fight. Pathetic. Absolute Joke[/quote']

Case in point randy couture spends the whole fight doin unsuccessful takedowns and wins but shogun goes for unsuccessful takedowns but also struck his opponent who never went for a takedown (spent most of the fight tryin "to counter strike") and he loses...??? they need to just go back to the old rule of just fight til its officially finished no judges just ref and doctors... lots of doctors

Let's all try to agree... How many people agree to the fact that that was a very boring fight?

vera couldn't put away reese andy or soszynski, lost to sylvia, werdum, & jardine, so it should be no surprise that he lost a decision to couture, brandon lacks the power to control & finish fights .. period .

I actually thought with the takedown at the end Vera would clinch it.

They probably gave Randy just as much for the escape.

I do wonder why Vera wouldn;t get a 10-8 in the second round.

He definately put him down, but maybe MMA is scored different than boxing.

In boxing they would have given Randy an 8 count and Vera a 10-8 round.

It wasn't the most exciting fight of the night, but I was glad to see Randy continue to defy his age and go out and win with a superior gameplan. And Vera showed he still has a long way to go to be considered among the elite at 205. It will be interesting to see who these two are matched up against next. My guess is Randy will face the winner of Griffin vs. Ortiz, and I'd like to see Vera against the winner of Jones vs. Hamill.

I understand peoples scroing issues. I too wonder sometimes how they score it. but if you watch the fight, its pretty obvious that about 80% of it Randy is controling the tempo and making Vera go and do what he wants. Yes Vera had the more exciting 30 seconds with the knockdown. but other than that moment in the 2nd, it was Randys fight.

most boring main event and worst decision ever Shame on you UFC why do you want such a boring fighter to win. Will you give Handy an immediate title shot at any weight class? UFC your starting to loss me as a fan. I was at UFC 1 in Colorado and I'm going to UFC 107 witch will make my 19TH live show. If Diego stomps Penn for 5 rounds and Penn still wins. I'm done.

This fight was largely a clinch tactics fight. Not your simple Pearson vs. Riley slug fest that is so fun to watch. Vera started the first round showing very bad intentions with a nifty combo that probably gave couture a scare.

IMO Couture wasn't trying to finish the fight, so much as neutralize Brandon's striking for 15 minutes. Couture took away Vera's striking, and controlled him with clinch work for the vast majority of the fight.

Throw in some dirty boxing, clinch knees, takedown attempts and even holding the shorts (missed by the ref lol.) I could see how the judges would consider Couture had control, aggression, grappling categories in his favor. Give Vera the striking. Couture wins 2/3 rounds by achieving 3/4 categories in scoring.

It's a tough fight to score because of all the clinch stalemate work that couture achieved. Boring or not he was able to work the clinch for a long enough duration to eek out a win.

Who's next for Captain Neutralize? I say Rampage Jackson should come back and give Randy a shot! :)

octagon control is a code word for couldn't finish the fight so he just snuggled on the opponent to prevent a loss.

I'm tired of these guys who are doing nothing more than stopping their opponents from hurting them. this is a purely defensive strategy utilized by people who would others be completely dominated but manange to eek out a win due to the perverse nature of the scoring criteria.

im not saying clinch and wrestling doesn't have it's place, but restraining your opponent isn't winning the match its delaying what would otherwise be inevitable if not for the round limits. effective wrestling and clinching leads to damage. ineffective clinch and wrestling leads to nothing more than stalling and should not be score a win.

In my opinion the main goal in a fight is to deal more damage. Whoever is more damaged is the loser, simple as that. In K1 they have a better scoring, if fight is close, it is scored round by round but as soon someone achieves a knockdown those rounds are not the decisive factor even if the guy who got knockedown was winning. Also damage is the deciding factor and how you look in the end. I think this is the right way to score fights

But on the other hand I think this last two main events were scored wrongly even round by round not just by damage alone. Shogun and Vera should be winners.

Its interesting though, Randy was pressing Vera against the cage all the time and he got the octagon control and I remeber that Shogun was also pressing Machida at the cage at multiple ocasions and dealing more damage than Randy did yet Machida got the octagon control. I guess the judges decide things like that by which fighter has a larger fan base.

PUKE!!This is what I think of the judges.I'm not going to slag all over the UFC but makes me wonder if I will waste money on ppv's or get the info on here and watch it on spike later.

I think allot of people also forget that while the clinch and dirty boxing may not be a knock out KO, it completely wears the opponent out. While not being very exciting , this strategy pays off big time, neutralizing the opponents striking, while making him exhausted to put any heat on his strikes late in the fight.

Using his greco-roman wrestling to neutralize Vera's striking in my opinion is just great tactics. Obviously Randy looked to wear Vera down , get the take down and G&P. Vera's take down defense was very good, but he shouldn't have tried to clinch with the clinch master.

Randy wins this fight 2/3 for Octagon Control, Aggressiveness, and landing more shots. Yes Vera did land the more damage, but imagine if this had gone 5 rounds, Randy would have worn Vera out , and finished with G&P strikes TKO, unless Vera got lucky with a big hit.

People who keep blaming UFC for judges scoring are ignorant, the UFC has nothing to do with the judges, they're all appointed by the athletic commission, and aren't affiliated with the UFC in anyway.

You have a great event with some great fights and ONCE again you get a disgusting decision in the main event. I love Couture and he has done so much for the sport and he still has some great fights in him. But he did not win the fight. I can give him the first because there wasn't any damage done to either fighter and he held Vera against the cage meaning he controlled the fight. The judges saw the Gonzaga fight waaaaaaaaaay too many times because they must have imagined that Couture was destroying Vera against the cage and they must have imagined they saw Couture lifting up Vera like he did to Gonzaga and slamming him into the mat. But unfortuntely for the judges that wasn't the fight they were looking at last night. Couture did very little damage to Vera and was almost finished in the 2nd round and was hurt badly in the 3rd once again and Vera was the one to take down Couture in the 3rd round to end the fight. How the damage that Vera inflicted on Couture was ignored or overshadowed by Couture holding Vera against the Cage which resulted in more breaks than hits landed by Couture is beyond my comprehension. I can't remember the last time I saw such a bad decision.....Oh wait, the Machida fight. Once again the Judges are looking either super misinformed about how MMA works or it's become too obvious that they are crooked and they should be investigated because they are ruining the UFC. Yes Couture wore Vera down but you don't win a fight by wearing your opponent down if you were almost finished in the 2nd and hurt badly in the 3rd. People who think Couture would have beat Vera because he was wearing him down must have forgot that Couture was unable to take Vera down and Vera took down Randy in the 3rd. Not only that but you don't judge a fight by "what he could have done" but by the fact that Randy was smashed in the 2nd and 3rd. Saying the UFC has nothing to do with the decisions might be correct but that doesn't change the fact that the judges have made horrible decisions and this is the consensus among the majority of fans which means the judges have no idea what they are judging or they are getting payoffs by Vegas.

Oh yeah? Watch it again' date=' but rewind and count the fact that Vera made a good opening combo, a couple of good rib kicks, and 2 takedowns, but Randy controlled maybe 13/15ths of this fight in the clinch, and he landed some huge bombs in the clinch. Judges will always score headshots higher than body shots, and Randy landed several. It would have been a different case if Randy had been really effected by the kicks, but he didn't limp or anything a minute after it happened. Basically, other than those kicks, no real damage was done to Couture.[/quote']

How is laying against someone controlling the fight.Randy's main weapon is takedowns, wrestling and G'n'P.Vera controlled Randy by not allowing him to execute his gameplan.Or maybe his gameplan was to hold him against the fence and do ***** all and let the ref seperate them every 2 minutes.If thats the way Randy is gonna fight in LHW than I think he should do us all a favour and retire right now.Vera won but I would have accepted a draw. ***** the judges.

How is laying against someone controlling the fight.Randy's main weapon is takedowns' date=' wrestling and G'n'P.Vera controlled Randy by not allowing him to execute his gameplan.Or maybe his gameplan was to hold him against the fence and do ***** all and let the ref seperate them every 2 minutes.If thats the way Randy is gonna fight in LHW than I think he should do us all a favour and retire right now.Vera won but I would have accepted a draw. ***** the judges.[/quote']

lmoa..Vera controlled Randy by making Randy hold him against the cage

Randy may have 'wore down Vera' by holding him against the cage, but anyone who tuned in to watch the fight hoping for some excitement would go away disappointed.

I'm sure Couture fans will line up to see who he's going to hold against the cage next, but anyone else won't give a crap.

The referee really needs to step in and separate fighters more often in fights like that. Fans pay to see exciting fights, not who can out point someone else with ineffective strikes while holding.

When no damage is being done and the guy cannot get a freaking takedown don't let them stand there for minutes at a time. The referee should have given Couture 20-30 seconds max each time to either land something or get the takedown.

I realize it's Randy Couture, a legend, so he gets a free pass sometimes. I think the referee would have separated them much sooner and more often if it was some lesser known fighter.

If this kind of performance is what we can expect from Couture in the future I think Dana should seriously encourage him to retire. Will you pay to see if he can hold Machida against the cage for 5 rounds? I pay to watch fighting, not to see a 44 year old who can no longer slam someone hold against the cage for 15 minutes.

With the referee sitting on his hands Couture could win his next 10 fights like this, but if the stands are empty and the fans are bored who is going to give a crap?

Decesion like these are what killed boxing Randy did absolutley nothing in this fight except hold on and dont give me this dirty boxing crap randy was not doing anything except a few knees to the legs and holding on no way he won a single round there was also a bad decision on the ultimate fighter this week.

Randy should be thankful for he got the name....vera should be the winner whoever watched the fight would say it even Joe said there is something going on with the UFC judging system....SUCKS!BOOOOO

It was a boring difficult to score fight and for that both Couture and Vera share the blame. Randy for doing F-all except pin Vera against the cage and Vera for not capitalizing when Randy was obviously hurt and just begging to be put away.

That being said I don't see how Randy won by UD when he was the only one ever really hurt and in danger of being finished.

for most fans randy is not that exciting. but i thought that the fight, at some point, show cased both fighters talents fairly well.

with the exception of some infrequent but well planted fists/randy and legs/vera, Joe Rogans comment after the first round, purdy much summed up the whole fight for me..."....an uneventful first round....."

vera can add this to his resume, not a bad showing. the fight did more for vera than randy, even if it is a loss. how many fighters have done that kind off damage to randy's ribs. to be able to deliver them w/o the fear of being taken down every time, speaks well for vera too.

however, i thought the judges might have been a little off with the unanimous decision.

There is no way Vera won that fight. He let Randy hold him against the cage and only landed a couple kicks on Randy. Those 2 kicks will not win a fight. Plus him walking out of the cage and pouting on the steps shows the class he has.