Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Mike Swick VS Dan Hardy

haha, where are all the swick fans who said hardy had no chance. Dan Hardy IS the REAL DEAL. I still don't think the guy has come close to peaking, and wish he could get another fight or even 2 before GSP.

GsP was not impressed by Dan Hardy's performance. I wasn't either.

Maybe he didn't want to expose him self too much given the stakes of the Fight.

Anyway' date=' GsP HUGE favorite, and I mean HUGE...

[img']http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_z1UVi77ZPW0/SNRm79_a12I/AAAAAAAAAQY/rgwX4vK_hJw/s400/not_impressed.jpg[/img]

true is the welterweight division is weak .... Aside from gsp , fitch, alves and maybe rumble johnson there isnt really much competition...

Hardy is tough but i dont think he stand a chance against gsp

Hardy swings a bit too wildly for my liking. Every time he seemed to go for the knock out punch rather than pick his punches. Still for me he was the clear winner and I think his power should be feared. Still, I don't think Swick provided too much of a problem for him and as someone has already said, I would like to see him come up against a few other fighters before chucking him against GSP.

Hardy swings a bit too wildly for my liking. Every time he seemed to go for the knock out punch rather than pick his punches. Still for me he was the clear winner and I think his power should be feared. Still' date=' I don't think Swick provided too much of a problem for him and as someone has already said, I would like to see him come up against a few other fighters before chucking him against GSP.[/quote']

Swick was at the top and Hardy earned it. Even if he does lose to GSP that just means he has time to work on his skills and come back with a better chance later on.

haha' date=' where are all the swick fans who said hardy had no chance. Dan Hardy IS the REAL DEAL. I still don't think the guy has come close to peaking, and wish he could get another fight or even 2 before GSP.[/quote']

I agree that Hardy is pretty good, but come on do you think he can hang with GSP? Not a chance

I don't think some give this division enough credit. Take away the freak of nature which is GSP and the ww division is pretty stacked and competitive. GSP has apparently put on 10 lbs of muscle mass to walk around at 195 now and admits sooner rather than later it wont be easy for him to cut to 170. That's great news for the welterweight division.

haha' date=' where are all the swick fans who said hardy had no chance. Dan Hardy IS the REAL DEAL. I still don't think the guy has come close to peaking, and wish he could get another fight or even 2 before GSP.[/quote']

I'm no Swick fan, but I had no idea just how deadly Hardy was... I remember one of the announcers saying that he would be the first ever Brit to ever compete in a title fight... May God have mercy on Dan Hardy, because GSP is a true champion.

true is the welterweight division is weak .... Aside from gsp ' date=' fitch, alves and maybe rumble johnson there isnt really much competition...

Hardy is tough but i dont think he stand a chance against gsp[/quote']

What about Matt Hughes, and Matt Serra? They are still some of the strongest guys in there. It's them and Fitch that really define the Welterweight.

Nobody gave matt serra a chance and he got lucky and nailed GSP. I love GSP and think without a doubt he is the best pound for pound fighter out there but MMA is a funny sport and anything can happen.

Dissapointingly last night was Hardy's ability to finish the fight 3 times he had him stunned and rocked and instead of jumping in for a finish he went for a take down he wasnt going to get. Hardy appears to have good chin, but will that chin take gsp punch we are going to have to wait and see. But in this sport you cannot write anybody out of a victory its just not safe to do so, it only takes one lucky swinging punch and its all over

If Dan's the Outlaw then GSP is the sheriff who's gonna lock him up.

The fighters don't rush in and try to finish the fights unless the guys are really badly rocked these days cause they are wary of blowing there energy to early and not managing to finish the opponent off, most of the rounded opponents can protect themselves well on the ground. If a fighter thinks he's winning the round he may just control the opponent instead of trying to finish which is why I think Dan was going for the take down rather than blow his wad trying to finish Swick.

i'm disappointed with swick.very early in the fight already caught with a good punch from hardy,since then he didn't get a chance to comeback.hardy could have finished the fight but didn't push that much.he should face the winner of rumble and kos,then probably whoever wins gets a shot with GSP.

That was a nice, hard-fought win for Hardy. He really showed that he belonged among the top fighters at 170 last night. I still don't think anyone at 170 is ready to defeat GSP right now, but Hardy has fairly earned his shot for the belt.

95% of people on this forum said as soon as swick lands on hardy's chin he would be outcold. hardy laughed at swick's best shot's.i told everybody how tough the outlaw is.granite chinned.good stamina.good punch power.also good takedown defence.he has a puncher's chane against gsp.but thats it.

I give Hardy his credit.

I had picked "Quick" to win by KO.

Swick was eating Hardy's counter punches and getting rocked all night. Great job by Hardy.

And now your reward: You get to fight GSP in a 5 rounder. Congratulations!!! =)

(Great reward for a fighter. Unless your Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, or BJ Penn.) haha

GL Dan!

Hardy just slightly outclassed Swick in this fight.. Though I really don't think he is anywhere near ready for GSP.

Hardy timed Swick's patterned combos from watching lots of tape on the guy. The entire fight was him countering Swick and waiting for Swick to throw that specific set.

I give Hardy his credit.

I had picked "Quick" to win by KO.

Swick was eating Hardy's counter punches and getting rocked all night. Great job by Hardy.

And now your reward: You get to fight GSP in a 5 rounder. Congratulations!!! =)

(Great reward for a fighter. Unless your Jon Fitch' date=' Thiago Alves, or BJ Penn.) haha

GL Dan![/quote']

just to say you fought gsp in a title shot is a massive achievment.to share the ring with a legend. 1st brit to fight in a title fight also.good luck dan.i just hope he doesn't get pummled for 5 rounds.hopefully gsp trys to trade with the outlaw and get's caught

just to say you fought gsp in a title shot is a massive achievment.to share the ring with a legend. 1st brit to fight in a title fight also.good luck dan.i just hope he doesn't get pummled for 5 rounds.hopefully gsp trys to trade with the outlaw and get's caught

Hahaha I know. Title shot means your number 2 with a chance to be number 1. It's a huge honor. Every fighter wants to be number 1. Dan could even win. I just can't get the picture out of my head though. GSP by TKO on the mat.

Hahaha I know. Title shot means your number 2 with a chance to be number 1. It's a huge honor. Every fighter wants to be number 1. Dan could even win. I just can't get the picture out of my head though. GSP by TKO on the mat.

True. Anything can happen in sport it's so unpredictable. You at least want to be given the chance, no matter how small it would appear, to accomplish your dream. Hardy is a threat to anyone with his power and chin.

Big win for Dan Hardy. Its always good to fight the best, and he will learn so much from the GSP fight. I doubt he'll win as GSP is miles ahead of anyone in the Welterweight division. But we saw what happened with Matt Serra, and Hardy has similar heavy hands , so it could be interesting. Its great news for UK fight fans though, because we now have another potentially great fighter. A good night overall for the UK fighters.

Sorry Hardy fans but Swick is not even close to the level of GSP. he will do the same to hardy that he did to Alves (who is a better and stronger striker than Hardy). I would rather watch hardy fight someone he has a chance at beating. I know I know we all remember the Serra fight but lets face it that was such a fluke and even serra poses more of a threat than Hardy, Swick or Alves does because he has more tools. No chance for Hardy or any WW right now they are all so green compared to GSP its almost not fair.

GSP's ability to control the pace & direction of fights, round after round, is his greatest weapon. The good thing for Hardy is that every fight & every round starts on the feet. He needs to keep it that way as long as possible, try to land a few good shots to unsettle GSP early, & swarm him. If Hardy hasn't won by the end of round 2, I can't see him finding a way through. GSP is so, so strong on the ground, & doesn't seem to wane as the fight drags on, but he has shown he can be rattled early. Fluke or not, the punch landed & he got done. Hardy has the power to cause problems, if, IF, he manages to keep it standing for as long as he needs, & even then, it's not like GSP's standup is mediocre. Dan's got a lot to think about. If he gets taken into deep water, I can only see a GSP win.

Sorry Hardy fans but Swick is not even close to the level of GSP. he will do the same to hardy that he did to Alves (who is a better and stronger striker than Hardy). I would rather watch hardy fight someone he has a chance at beating. I know I know we all remember the Serra fight but lets face it that was such a fluke and even serra poses more of a threat than Hardy' date=' Swick or Alves does because he has more tools. No chance for Hardy or any WW right now they are all so green compared to GSP its almost not fair.[/quote']

Do I agree - oh yeah 100%

I called a 2nd round KO for Hardy and I thought it should of happened...Hardy could have finished Swick numerous times. What was he thinking!? He would clearly have Swick hurt standing and then he would try to take him down. Swick was lucky he didn't get put to sleep, anyone agree?

Damn... Hardy made me stick my foot in my mouth.

I had Swick winning by swickotine in the second but Swick was done in the first :(

Made me realize how big Hardy is compared to swick, Hardy's arm's looked three times bigger then Swick's. It seemed like swick had no effect in punching Hardy.... Hardy looked stout in that fight.

I think ill hop off Swicks balls for a while and hang on Hardy's ha ha naww... i like them both.

IDK, bout the majority of you, but was i the only one who was dissapointed in this fight? I thought goin in this was going to be a great fight, and really go either way. Halfway through i said to myself, Hardy's got this locked up easily. Swick seemed hesitant after he got rocked that 1st time. IMO clearly hardy will be the better Challenger for GSP at this point.

lol - Dan Hardy won by unanimous decision. He had good hooks, and definitely had the upperhand in the stand-up fighting portions against Swick.

Once again, he was the underdog, and once again he edged out victorious. 4 Consectutive wins in the UFC for The Outlaw.

Track that (:

I love some peoples mentality. Before the event:

"Swicks gonna kill him"

After the event:

"Swick will kill him in the rematch"

Give it up! Make your predictions an educated guess not a sure fire thing. You only look like a tool if you get it wrong.

sic.Hardy to kill GSP by knockout in the first round, GSP is overrated, Matt Serra beat him FFS!

Hardy was awesome in that fight with Swick. Total domination. But he won't be a contest for St. Pierre. He's aready fought the best in the division. It was a stretch for Swick to be considered title worthy IMO. But nonetheless Hardy has seized a great opportunity. He better prep like crazy if he hopes to have a snowball's chance.

Only Prob is I dont see him beating GSP. If GSP and Hardy Fought... GSP's Leg Kicks would pwn and then of Course the beat the crap out of you on the ground GSP would happen.

End of Carreer for HARDY.

Although, I wont count him out I give it to GSP.

He's SOFA... KING.... BEAST!

Not as Exciting as he was since he takes everyone to the ground tho.

the first two pages of this thread are hilarious"swick by murdur" lmao, once again the americans underestimate hardy the 4th time in a row. and what amazes me's that the people who were writing "murdur", "swictotine" and what not have come back, said nothing about how swick got beat at his game, but they've just swicthed the subject to "he's not going to get out of the first round against gsp" lmao i dont think he'll win either but he's not goin to be aggressive and get takendown easily like roid head alves did. i actually think hardy will beat GSP,by.....3rd TKO but 60% of my mind is thinkin GSP via UD

the first two pages of this thread are hilarious"swick by murdur" lmao' date=' once again the americans underestimate hardy the 4th time in a row. and what amazes me's that the people who were writing "murdur", "swictotine" and what not have come back, said nothing about how swick got beat at his game, but they've just swicthed the subject to "he's not going to get out of the first round against gsp" lmao i dont think he'll win either but he's not goin to be aggressive and get takendown easily like roid head alves did. i actually think hardy will beat GSP,by.....3rd TKO but 60% of my mind is thinkin GSP via UD[/quote']

Actually, if you actually Read before you make assenine statements. You would see I said Hardy made me put my foot in my mouth.

I cant speak for the other Swick ****s but I even went as far as to say It was time to jump off swicks nuts and hang on Hardy's for a while.

I dont see swick coming back from this one, although he is a great fighter he isnt Title Ready yet and or Ever.

He's kinda stuck in the middle.

the first two pages of this thread are hilarious"swick by murdur" lmao' date=' once again the americans underestimate hardy the 4th time in a row. and what amazes me's that the people who were writing "murdur", "swictotine" and what not have come back, said nothing about how swick got beat at his game, but they've just swicthed the subject to "he's not going to get out of the first round against gsp" lmao i dont think he'll win either but he's not goin to be aggressive and get takendown easily like roid head alves did. i actually think hardy will beat GSP,by.....3rd TKO but 60% of my mind is thinkin GSP via UD[/quote']

me being american had nothing to do with be rooting for swick.

hardy is a prick, thats why i dont like him.

I don't think either of these 2 fighters are even in GSP's league though. Swick is rail thin otherwise he woulda ko'd Hardy with those nasty counter hooks he was throwing the whole fight :D

Hardy doesn't stand a chance against GSP niether did swick. I don't think either of those guys should even be considered a top contender WW. You better hope he gets aggresive thats the only chance he has a quick lucky Serra punch followed by a flurry. Because those weakass takedown attemps will only find him on his back recieving some ground and pound. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Hardy hater. I just couldn't believe him or swick are the top contenders in the WW division. This is why IMO GSP should jump to 185 so he can be challenged because none of these guys are ready.

I guessed Swick by murder...but I didn't count Dan Hardy out. I'm really glad he won. I like his fighting style, and regardless of what some people say, I think he has a good attitude.

you hit the nail on the head with your post,i dont think hardy will beat gsp but he has a 'matt serra's punchers chance' i didnt want him to take a title shot too early but he earned the number 1 contender spot and i dont see anyone else beating gsp in the division but COME ON HARDY DO US A FAVOUR AND BRING THE BELT BACK TO ENGLAND

Actually' date=' if you actually Read before you make assenine statements. You would see I said Hardy made me put my foot in my mouth.

I cant speak for the other Swick ****s but I even went as far as to say It was time to jump off swicks nuts and hang on Hardy's for a while.

I dont see swick coming back from this one, although he is a great fighter he isnt Title Ready yet and or Ever.

He's kinda stuck in the middle.[/quote']

what are you talking about? i suggest you go to the first page and look at the ignorant comments about how swick will swicotine hardy or murdur him!