Sign in to follow this  
mrslant

Michael Bisbing VS Dennis Kang

For all you bisping haters' date=' don't ever slag him off again, too come back from hendo knockout then an early knockdown v kang then to defend 3 mins with no damage and then dominate big time on top, that shows huge balls, wow, awesome and omg!!!!! He's pationate about his job, Kang is top 10 easy, bispings back baby!!!!!!! I just wish he'd GNP more on top , awesome defense against a black belt jj, kang just couldn't cope like mccarthey!!!!! Who's next for bisping? Hopefully top 3 guy? ?[/quote']

Damn I knew Kang was just another can Bisping would get another easy win over LAME....

Omg! He just can't win with you Americans can he! Kang is or was easy top 10, forget the hendo fight and loom at bispings record. Even hendo has got beat before. Bisping now 19-2!

Lets be honest, the American fans of sports will never accept us Brits as competitors. Perfect example is Joe Calzaghe. For most his career Calzaghe didn't get the chance to fight any big names and as a result, the Americans shunned him as a top fighter. Then came Jeff Lacey. What was quite possibly the best display of boxing that the world has ever seen, yet that wasn't enough. After that fight, right till Roy Jones Jr, he fought everyone the Americans wanted him too, disposing of them all. Yet after all that and retiring undefeated, there are still those who don't rate him as one of the greatest boxers of all time. To go 40 undefeated at anything is a damn good achievement and as you see in MMA all the time, sometimes the nobody can beat the big dog, so yeah...anyway...

My point is the American fans (not all) will refuse to accept the Brits as serious competitors until they physically beat whoever the Champion is to a bloody pulp and even then, you'll still get some who'll say so and so just had an off day or so and so cheated. It's a sad state of affairs.

Still, when i seen Bisping go down I thought that was him gone again, but he defended well and dealt with Kang well enough in the second to prove that he still has the potential to be one of the great fighters in the division. However, I think that he is going to fall short in his attempt to reach the top purely because his chin doesn't seem to be able to take too much punishment. Still, if he can fight back like he did, then who knows.

Bisping beat the chamption to a bloody pulp??? He did super tonight against a very good opponent, but he was crushed like a peanut by Hendo.

Bisping beat the chamption to a bloody pulp??? He did super tonight against a very good opponent' date=' but he was crushed like a peanut by Hendo.[/quote']

Clearly you didn't read what I said properly lol. Many American fans will not accept a British fighter until they leave whoever is the champion of their weight class on the floor in a pool of blood and even then, they still might not accept them.

As long as Kang don't beat himself it should be a easy victory for a vetran like Kang... Bisping is a easy win for any top fighter not like Kang is but as long as he's been in the fight game he should be good enough to win against him...

How do you go from that comment to then calling him a can? Or are you just bitter because a fighter you dislike picked up a great win?

I thought Bisping was excellent tonight certainly one of the best performances on the card but i dont understand why he is so hard for all you americans to like. Yes the guy is ****y as is dan hardy but so are guys like Griffin, Ortiz and Rampage and all those guys are well loved by ufc fans so whats the problem?

I have no problem with American sports stars but i do think you lot seem to think that know one in the uk is good enough compared to in the us. Boxing is a great example, Calzaghe was one of the best fighters of his generation but even after he demolished lacy and then beat Hopkins and Jones and retired undefeated people still say he wasnt all that, whereas Mayweather is a god and one of the greats.

I think after the Ultimate Fighter 9 we showed we have some great up and coming fighters which was also proved tonight and in Hardy & Bisping, well Hardy now has a title shot vs Gsp after only 4 fights in the ufc and Bisping has lost to Rashad & Henderson but has a pretty good record and is defo a top 8 fighter on his way back to becoming a top 4 fighter in the middleweight division!

I thought Bisping was excellent tonight certainly one of the best performances on the card but i dont understand why he is so hard for all you americans to like. Yes the guy is ****y as is dan hardy but so are guys like Griffin' date=' Ortiz and Rampage and all those guys are well loved by ufc fans so whats the problem?

I have no problem with American sports stars but i do think you lot seem to think that know one in the uk is good enough compared to in the us. Boxing is a great example, Calzaghe was one of the best fighters of his generation but even after he demolished lacy and then beat Hopkins and Jones and retired undefeated people still say he wasnt all that, whereas Mayweather is a god and one of the greats.

I think after the Ultimate Fighter 9 we showed we have some great up and coming fighters which was also proved tonight and in Hardy & Bisping, well Hardy now has a title shot vs Gsp after only 4 fights in the ufc and Bisping has lost to Rashad & Henderson but has a pretty good record and is defo a top 8 fighter on his way back to becoming a top 4 fighter in the middleweight division![/quote']

he would still get smashed by anderson silva

he would still get smashed by anderson silva

Maybe he would but who would beat Silva? Its still about building his way back up in the division & he says he wont duck anyone.

I just think he deserves a bit more respect and i hope he gets some good fights to come, possibly against Wanderlei then eventually Marquart and would love to see a rematch with Hendo.

This was probably my favorite fight tonight if just because so many thought Bisping was going to get destroyed and he put on a great performance beating a world class fighter. He also added something to his gameplan that I think was greatly needed: takedowns. Kang looked good in the first round with the right hook that dropped Bisping and was active on the ground, though I thought he was maybe a bit too reckless trying to pass as that last armbar attempt by Bisping was fairly close. He got dominated in the second, though.

I would hope this would easen the hate Bisping seems to get, but I'm sure those adamant about it will come up with something else.

Lets face it, if Bisping and Hendo had a rematch and Bisping managed to pull out the win convincingly (not saying he would), then the Americans would simply turn around and say Hendo is past it like they did with Calzaghe in relation to Jones Jr and Hopkins.

Easy?

After actually watching the fight maybe not easiest for Bisping both are very over-rated...

Kang may be rated top 10 where he fought over in Japan fighting a bunch of nobodies like Bisping has done so far when Kang came to the UFC he shown he is really just crap like Cro Cop never really proving his worth... He may have all this experience fighting all the fights he has but he hasn't beat anyone notable same with Bisping...

Kang rocked Bisping with every wild punch that landed when Bisping actually gets some real competition like Wanderlei Silva the fight he should have had if Wanderlei didn't go under the knife Bisping would get wasted on....

Once Bisping got the dominant position Kang wilted both times hoping to get a opening to get back to the feet thesecond time he went into the fetal postion he's pathetic on the ground, Kang with all this so called experience and he's garbage on the ground...

Either one of these crappy fighters could have beat one another Kang would have KO'd Bisping if it stayed on the feet even with Kang's wild **** punches and Kang being total garbage on the ground Bisping got the easy victory...

Now that Bisping should have to fight a top contender finally he'll be the one that crumbles...

How do you go from that comment to then calling him a can? Or are you just bitter because a fighter you dislike picked up a great win?

I never seen Kang fight before after reading all the hype behind this scrub it sounded like he might actually be a good fighter a 10 ranked fighter no doubt...

After watching him fight yes he almost KO'd Bisping a few times with his horrible striking ability which shows that Bisping truely does blow and won't do jack fighting a real competitor if the UFC ever gives him one that is...

Once Bisping finally got the better of Kang he chooses to panic try to get back to the feet get taken down again then go into the fetal position? Kang obviously has zero ground skills he is horrible for a fighter with all this so called experience...

Kang is overly hyped up as such a good fighter when he never faught good competition thus far and won he lost against good fighters won easier fights like Bisping has done... Kang is horrible on the ground off his back that he is made it a easy fight for Bisping...

It reminded me of the fight where Bisping owned that scrub Jason Day, Kang and Day both were horrible on the ground....

Kang was widely regarded as on e of the best MW's in the world. The fact is that while I'm not a huge fan of Bisping he looked good tonight. Everytime Kang went to pass his guard, Bisping was able to control him, then took him down at will in the second round before overwhelming him.Kang is not a scrub, but admittedly is not the same Kang who fought in pride. The problem Bisping has is that his haters allow their judgemnet of his avbilities to be clouded. Fact is, it wasn't an easy fight for him but he bounced back from the Hendo defeat in style.

why are so many people so anti bisping? I love michael bisping, he's a cool guy, a great fighter and his record shows it. He gets knocked out and EVERONE hates him.

I knew bisping would win, the people that say kang is underrated overrate him.

I thought Bisping was excellent tonight certainly one of the best performances on the card but i dont understand why he is so hard for all you americans to like. Yes the guy is ****y as is dan hardy but so are guys like Griffin' date=' Ortiz and Rampage and all those guys are well loved by ufc fans so whats the problem?

I think after the Ultimate Fighter 9 we showed we have some great up and coming fighters which was also proved tonight and in Hardy & Bisping, well Hardy now has a title shot vs Gsp after only 4 fights in the ufc and Bisping has lost to Rashad & Henderson but has a pretty good record and is defo a top 8 fighter on his way back to becoming a top 4 fighter in the middleweight division![/quote']

Unlike Dan Hardy which is a good fighter Bisping sucks and only looks as good as he does because he fights nobodies getting easy wins making him look impressive... His stand up strikes have little power and had the tendency to throw a $hit ton of weak jabs then run away like a girl...

After watching Bisping tonight though his ground game looks alot better and while standing he didn't throw alot of his ghey jabs and run like a girl he actually faught Kang like a man and brought the fight to him... I'd say this is the best I seen Bisping in a long time maybe if he keeps that up he won't be so bad....

As for Kang he really is horrible and not any where as good as he was made out to be he's crap on the ground yet he was so close to KO Bisping with his horrible stand up....

As for Kang he really is horrible and not any where as good as he was made out to be he's crap on the ground yet he was so close to KO Bisping with his horrible stand up....

Have to disagree. He caught Bisping with a right as Bisping was moving forward. Don't think Bisping was actually in trouble. Kang is not the fighter he once was though and needs to put a run of at least 2 wins together, or he will be getting his walking papers soon.

Maybe he would but who would beat Silva? Its still about building his way back up in the division & he says he wont duck anyone.

I just think he deserves a bit more respect and i hope he gets some good fights to come' date=' possibly against Wanderlei then eventually Marquart and would love to see a rematch with Hendo.[/quote']

Not maybe Anderson Silva would destroy Bisping, if and when the UFC finally gives him real competitors like Marquart and Wanderlei they too will destroy Bisping easy....

Lets face it' date=' if Bisping and Hendo had a rematch and Bisping managed to pull out the win convincingly (not saying he would), then the Americans would simply turn around and say Hendo is past it like they did with Calzaghe in relation to Jones Jr and Hopkins.[/quote']

If Bisping could actually pull that off and beat Hendo, Wanderlei, Marquart, or Anderson Silva I'd be surprised and have to give him props but thats won't happen...

Have to disagree. He caught Bisping with a right as Bisping was moving forward. Don't think Bisping was actually in trouble. Kang is not the fighter he once was though and needs to put a run of at least 2 wins together' date=' or he will be getting his walking papers soon.[/quote']

Bisping was hurt twice if Kang was as good as he was made to be he would have been able to finish him.... The first time he had Bisping hurt he could have put him away via ground n" pound the second when he wobbled Bisping he should have followed it up with a good combo... Kang is really over-rated or lost alot of what talent he had when he came to the UFC he really hasn't been good at all since he got to the UFC...

Lets be honest' date=' the American fans of sports will never accept us Brits as competitors. Perfect example is Joe Calzaghe. For most his career Calzaghe didn't get the chance to fight any big names and as a result, the Americans shunned him as a top fighter. Then came Jeff Lacey. What was quite possibly the best display of boxing that the world has ever seen, yet that wasn't enough. After that fight, right till Roy Jones Jr, he fought everyone the Americans wanted him too, disposing of them all. Yet after all that and retiring undefeated, there are still those who don't rate him as one of the greatest boxers of all time. To go 40 undefeated at anything is a damn good achievement and as you see in MMA all the time, sometimes the nobody can beat the big dog, so yeah...anyway...

My point is the American fans (not all) will refuse to accept the Brits as serious competitors until they physically beat whoever the Champion is to a bloody pulp and even then, you'll still get some who'll say so and so just had an off day or so and so cheated. It's a sad state of affairs.

Still, when i seen Bisping go down I thought that was him gone again, but he defended well and dealt with Kang well enough in the second to prove that he still has the potential to be one of the great fighters in the division. However, I think that he is going to fall short in his attempt to reach the top purely because his chin doesn't seem to be able to take too much punishment. Still, if he can fight back like he did, then who knows.[/quote']

We do accept you a competitors. Not only that, we have this wonderful cultural exchange. You taught us colonization and witch hunting and we excel at both, and now we taught you mma and you are starting to excel at that. Bravo!

I've never really been a big fan of Bisping, but of the ones they showed us I thought his was fight of the night; that was impressive. When Kang had him down in round one they both did a great job(Kang at getting the better position and Bisping at stopping Kang from being able to land a lot of shots), but in round two he just bounced back and showed that he can be really good.

Looking forward to seeing him fight again.

Clearly you didn't read what I said properly lol. Many American fans will not accept a British fighter until they leave whoever is the champion of their weight class on the floor in a pool of blood and even then' date=' they still might not accept them.[/quote']

i dont know man i liked ross pearson even when he was on the ultimate fighter, was glad he won, i just dont like bisping cause hes an *******. but with that said he showed a lot of heart tonight

I gotta say I was impressed with Bisbing. Man.. he was an entire different fighter then we've seen in a long time. He had excellent hip escapes and he had takedowns!.. Bisbing... with takedowns?! wha?

lol

I though he put in an excellent performance. Really took me by surprise.

i dont know man i liked ross pearson even when he was on the ultimate fighter' date=' was glad he won, i just dont like bisping cause hes an *******. but with that said he showed a lot of heart tonight[/quote']

agree 100%, i've never like bisping since the ultimate fighter because of his attitude, its brits with attitudes like his that give those brits a bad rep. Ross Pearson should be the one the brits want to be the "spokesperson" for MMA. He's a great fighter and humble as can be, alot of respect for pearson from this american.

just imagine if bisping had of beaten dan henderson. He would have got owned anderson silva

I'm not being funny but if hendo fought silva again he would get owned like he did the first time! Anyone would so you can't just pick on bisping there

Since I woke up this morning I have read that at last someone else is apparently as over hyped as bisping apparently is which makes me think if battlemonkey thinks kang is over hyped even with all his expierience then Aaron Riley must be too who was dominated by Ross Pearson on his debut. You can't be over hyped with a 19-2 record only loseing to hendo (multiweight champion) and rashad Evans (who became lhw champion) and before everyone say he hasn't fought anyone bisping doesn't make the fights he takes what's given and has even taken them at very short notice which deserves respect. I just think he'll never be accepted just because he speaks what he thinks and hypes up fights. This one he didn't and did a great job. Look at rampage, he's like the American version of bisping and everyone loves him! Maybe bisping should talk in an American accent! Lol!

I gotta say I was impressed with Bisbing. Man.. he was an entire different fighter then we've seen in a long time. He had excellent hip escapes and he had takedowns!.. Bisbing... with takedowns?! wha?

lol

Bisping has always had takedowns but think he has been scared to use them against the wrestlers like Hamill, Evans and Hendo knowing that wrestling is his weak point or maybe he just didn't get the chance as he was taken down first lol. I've seen him in his older cage rage fights take opponents down and pound em.

Also I believe he cares about putting on a show for the fans which is why he likes to hype fights and be controversial.

It was no shame loosing to Hendo who has and iron chin and is one of the best fighters at middleweight and light heavyweight. I am disappointed that Hendo didn't get his title shot he deserved against Anderson and hope Dana sees sense and signs him for it.

I don't really think Bisping's perfformance was as outstanding as people say it was. Yes, it was good and it was his comeback, but I think it was rather a poor performance from Kang. He used up too much energy trying to get out of Bisping's guard and then came out gassed in the second. For 40-ish fights, he was playing it a bit foolish. He showed he had the tools to beat Bisping, he just fought stupid.

lol

Same here he has improved alot I still don't like him and think he won't be a factor over all but he showed he improved vastly with his ground skills... Plus this time he didn't throw a bunch of weak jabs and run like a girl he actually brought the fight to his opponent rather then go for the easy decision victory... To bad Kang sucks as much as he does and made it too easy for Bisping on the ground...

I never seen Kang fight before after reading all the hype behind this scrub it sounded like he might actually be a good fighter a 10 ranked fighter no doubt...

After watching him fight yes he almost KO'd Bisping a few times with his horrible striking ability which shows that Bisping truely does blow and won't do jack fighting a real competitor if the UFC ever gives him one that is...

Once Bisping finally got the better of Kang he chooses to panic try to get back to the feet get taken down again then go into the fetal position? Kang obviously has zero ground skills he is horrible for a fighter with all this so called experience...

Kang is overly hyped up as such a good fighter when he never faught good competition thus far and won he lost against good fighters won easier fights like Bisping has done... Kang is horrible on the ground off his back that he is made it a easy fight for Bisping...

It reminded me of the fight where Bisping owned that scrub Jason Day' date=' Kang and Day both were horrible on the ground....[/quote']

This comment just proves you talk absolute cack mate, you make comments, pass them on as fact, then when YOUR fighter losses you change your mind and call him rubbish, all the while you have NEVER even seen your fighter fight!! You tube is good, try it out sometime. How can you say Kang cant do this or that and is horrible, how do you know? you have NEVER seen him fight dont forget!!

Your hatred toward Bisping is really getting pathetic now fella, get over it!!

I don't really think Bisping's perfformance was as outstanding as people say it was. Yes' date=' it was good and it was his comeback, but I think it was rather a poor performance from Kang. He used up too much energy trying to get out of Bisping's guard and then came out gassed in the second. For 40-ish fights, he was playing it a bit foolish. He showed he had the tools to beat Bisping, he just fought stupid.[/quote']

But wasnt that because Bisping controlled Kang more than Kang gassing?

Same here he has improved alot I still don't like him and think he won't be a factor over all but he showed he improved vastly with his ground skills... Plus this time he didn't throw a bunch of weak jabs and run like a girl he actually brought the fight to his opponent rather then go for the easy decision victory... To bad Kang sucks as much as he does and made it too easy for Bisping on the ground...

His ground game hasnt improved, he has always had a good ground game, show me a fight where he was poor on the ground?

Hamill got him down, but the Olympic wrestler couldnt keep him down. And Rashard tried and failed to keep him down in a fight i think he won.