Sign in to follow this  
brewster

James Wilks VS Matt Brown

All fight discussion goes here.

Please note this fight is live in parts of the world and tape delay in North America, therefore this thread may contain spoilers.

The Immortal has really impressed me lately' date=' I think he's got this one.[/quote']

I hope so, I have total repect for the way Brown fights and the way he conducts himself. It's gonna be close though.

again don't like Wilks! wish Frankie Lester KTFO of him. my guy Brown is gonna do the job. hopefully he worked on his ground defence & this stays standing.

Wilks is gonna get bodied!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Matty boy. TKO/KO FT ****** W!

again don't like Wilks! wish Frankie Lester KTFO of him. my guy Brown is gonna do the job. hopefully he worked on his ground defence & this stays standing.

Wilks is gonna get bodied!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Matty boy. TKO/KO FT ****** W!

Whats the matter?

Dont like the fact a brit came over and battered all you yanks!!

Wilks by rear naked round 1!

Whats the matter?

Came over?! He lives in the US, trains in the US and owns a gym in the US.

Whats the matter?

I'm Not American

& Etim/Hardy are two of my favourite fighters. Matt Brown is just better then Wilks, and he's gonna knock his head off.

Matt Brown via TKO Round 2

Matt Brown is pretty well known for his cardio and striking, and he isn't bad on the ground. The only thing I see Wilks having on him is speed, which I don't think will matter much. I don't know, I just can't see Wilks winning. But, I've been wrong before.

Came over?! He lives in the US' date=' trains in the US and owns a gym in the US.[/quote']

True,but he still kick your B**tholes.

Can see Wilks taking this straight to the ground and submitting Brown first round.

Someone should also point out even though it's spelt Leicester' date=' it's pronounced Lester haha. Cracks me up when i hear it as Liechester.[/quote']

Couldnt agree more.See a Wilks submission here!!

Brown was in trouble ONCE.. it was pretty effortless.

he tooled Wilks just like i thought he would. People need to stop sleeping on my guy MB./

destroys him on the mount.

I genuinely thought Wilks would do better than that. I thought out of the two TUF 9 winners, Wilks would do better and Pearson worse....Not too good on predictions there......

I genuinely thought Wilks would do better than that. I thought out of the two TUF 9 winners' date=' Wilks would do better and Pearson worse....Not too good on predictions there......[/quote']

lol yea bad call. matt brown has improved his game a ton

Can't we Brits just claim that as Wilks has been living in the US for nearly a decade that he has been disowned by Britain? I'm joking of course. In the fantasy picks I had Wilks by leglock, and when he tried to apply that heelhook I was bouncing in my chair. That lasted for 10 seconds until Brown got free then carried on destroying the American Wilks!

Matt Brown looked fantastic, great fight.

His nickname, 'the immortal', isn't so cool though IMO.

Matt Browns nickname should be 'Downtown Matt Brown', cause he takes guys downtown!

(Yes Matt, you can use that!)

Can't we Brits just claim that as Wilks has been living in the US for nearly a decade that he has been disowned by Britain? I'm joking of course. In the fantasy picks I had Wilks by leglock' date=' and when he tried to apply that heelhook I was bouncing in my chair. That lasted for 10 seconds until Brown got free then carried on destroying the American Wilks![/quote']

haha nah yall can keep him, i thought it was a good fight though, glad matt brown won, gave me a moment of national pride, that kamora almost ****ed him

Whats the matter?

well, that yank whooped his brittish **** didn't he. Did you see the pool of blood on the canvas after the GnP to finish the fight?

Wilks is another brit with a bad attitude, he along with Bisping are the reason Brits get a bad rep in sports, and its based soley on their attitudes. IF i was british and looking for a spokesperson for mma in britain it would be Ross Pearson, he's a great fighter and seems to be one the most humble down to earth people i've seen in along time from brittain.

I always though Wilks has a weak chin even against Frank I was worried in tuf 9, he has good skills but his stand up defence is lacking. He didn't have his hands up properly and when he saw the knee coming he put his hands down and braced to take it in the head as if he had an invisible shield that was gonna protect him lol. He instinctively put his hands down where you would think he would hold them up as the blow was coming, was weird.

a good fight also.almost had brown with the kimura,i don't know how brown pulled his hand and later on got a very dominant position.brown should fight the top contenders and another win can possibly give him a title shot.

haha nah yall can keep him' date=' i thought it was a good fight though, glad matt brown won, gave me a moment of national pride, that kamora almost ****ed him[/quote']

To be honest, this was the fight I was most unsure of, so I made Wilks my fantasy pick out of national pride, but I've been a fan of Matt Brown since TUF ever since he refused to react to Jeremy Mays' continual nonsense until they got in the cage and he took his head off.

Brown didn't show great sub defence, but did show fantastic sub resistance. Great fight.

Another solid performance by Matt Brown. Even though I picked Wilks to sub Brown, I knew that Brown had a tendency of going ninja and stopping fights. Well no real shock here that Brown out-classed Wilks. I gotta give Wilks some credit too for hanging in there during some tense moments. He didn't give up early, and there's no real shame in getting TKO'd by Brown.

Who's next for Matt Brown?

And Wilks for that matter...

Wilks has now gained access to an elite club, along with Joe Stephenson and Amir Sadollah. TUF winners who have lost their official debut. Wilks loss is the most damaging however, as Joe Daddy dropped a decision to Josh Neer and Amir was the victim of an early stoppage. Wilks was dominated by someone who is not long out of the TUF process himself, and Wilks biggest TUF asset, his submission game, was nullified by Brown.

well' date=' that yank whooped his brittish **** didn't he. Did you see the pool of blood on the canvas after the GnP to finish the fight?

Wilks is another brit with a bad attitude, he along with Bisping are the reason Brits get a bad rep in sports, and its based soley on their attitudes. IF i was british and looking for a spokesperson for mma in britain it would be Ross Pearson, he's a great fighter and seems to be one the most humble down to earth people i've seen in along time from brittain.[/quote']

Wilkes actualy lives in the USA! He must be picking up bad habbits mate!;)