Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Ross Pearson VS Aaron Riley

All fight discussion goes here.

Please note this fight is live in parts of the world and tape delay in North America, therefore this thread may contain spoilers.

I think this will be a real grind. Riley has a granite chin (forget the Shane Nelson stoppage, that was ridiculous), but doesn't have knockout power (6 KO's in 28 wins). This has got decision written all over it.

Aaron Riley Unanimous Decision

Riley is very well rounded and has been a lot of talk around different camps in the MMA world. He's also a veteran of the sport with tons of experince (28-4-1 record) and has been doing alright as of late. I don't think Pearson will do well with the expectations of winning his first fight with a professional UFC fighter and that will leave the fight open for Riley to take. Just to let everyone know, Pearson was my favorite from that season.

By the looks of it' date=' Riley doesn't stand a chance, can't find a way through...Pearson is all over him like a wet flannel in round one[/quote']

Superb win for Ross!

1-0 UK!!

Great performance by Pearson. Was it the knee tot he face or the punch that made him bleed like that. I think it was the knee but they never said which one it was.

Oh' date=' and maybe he will come back here and post some more.[/quote']

I talked to him a few weeks ago....he said he'll post again soon, he's just busy training.

I have to say......I am SO IMPRESSED with what Ross was able to do with such a soild fighter and vet. That was just a mauling. I was pulling for Ross to win, even though I thought Riley would be too much for him in his first fight. Needless to say, I' very happy to have lost that fight. I'm a big fan of Ross and have been since his qualifier for TUF. Looks like he has a shot at shaking things up in the LW Div down the road.

ALL of TUF Brits look good tonight...except Wilks..who probably could have won had he not gassed.

Ross looked great tonight. Riley is a notoriously difficult guy to finish, and although the fight was stopped on doctors advice, Ross was dominant and I think would have finished Riley anyway. Even the legendary Greg Jackson had no real answer to Ross, telling Riley betweenrounds that he had Pearsons number. While this may have been intended as a morale booster, it was completely wrong. Pearson threw great combinations which left Riley wondering what was coming next and where from. Ross still has a lot to learn and will improve, but for now is doing the right things the right way.

I had him down to Win the ultimate fighter from day one. I knew he would impress tonight and i was right :D Flying Knee was awesome, He mixes it up really well too.

Watching Ross on Tuf I thought he'd be in the top 10 in the LW division....after that performance he might be in the top 5....anyway I cannot wait to see the anger and ferocity of Deigo...on laid back Penn....if he doesnt get caught in a sub....you might see a bloody BJ

I have to say......I am SO IMPRESSED with what Ross was able to do with such a soild fighter and vet. That was just a mauling. I was pulling for Ross to win' date=' even though I thought Riley would be too much for him in his first fight. Needless to say, I' very happy to have lost that fight. I'm a big fan of Ross and have been since his qualifier for TUF. Looks like he has a shot at shaking things up in the LW Div down the road.

ALL of TUF Brits look good tonight...except Wilks..who probably could have won had he not gassed.[/quote']

agree with everything but the Wilks comments. Ross is/will be a force in the Lightweight division very soon, he'll move up the ranks. Riley is very difficult to finish and as great of a fight this was to watch i wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between these two guys, it was a great exciting fight to watch, wish it had a better ending, instead of a stoppage for a cut.

very impressive performance from ross.he dominated the fight.he deserve to get a better match with the top LW fighters.even at the tuf 9,he really showed that he can fight.good job ross,your fight was better than the main event.

very impressive performance from ross.he dominated the fight.he deserve to get a better match with the top LW fighters.even at the tuf 9' date='he really showed that he can fight.good job ross,your fight was better than the main event.[/quote']

Ross was excellent but to be fair every other fight on the main and undercard was better than the main event!

As fights I thought Brown/Wilks and Kang/Bisping were best as they were closest.

Ross, Hardy and Winner showed great skills to outclass very good opponents though.

i will say that i was impressed by ross' fight. i did think Aaron looked really tight, but ross did a good job of mixing it up. i would like to see the cut up close, b/c the one thing about Aaron, is that he bleeds a lot! i would be willing to bet that it was b/c it was on live in most places and national tv in others. once again though, i was impressed by ross, but i thought Aaron didn't look like Aaron!

you might see a bloody BJ

I've never seen such a blatent and horrific innuendo on this forum, lol.

Very impressed by Pearson. I think everyone liked him on TUF. Has a very laid back attitude and seems like a really nice guy. Might be a bit early to say he'll be a top 5 fighter or something like that. But he really bullied Riley there, and at such a young age it's hard not to get pretty optimistic about his talent.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get someone like Spencer Fisher next.

Great fight' date=' liked how Ross continued to push the action, he seems to have gotten over his mouth piece dilemma ?Can?t keep me mouth piece in? love the way the Brits talk.[/quote']

That wasn't Pearson, that was Dave Faulkner.

Great fight for Pearson. He is looking very strong, and clearly working hard to continue to improve his skills. That was one of the best fights of the night.

Pearson looked really sharp out there. I especially liked his Muay Thai clinch. And the MT clinch flying knee that cut Riley was really impressive. A knee on the chin would have been better, but he gets the win by TKO anyways.

Riley was game, but he was on the wrong side of a one-sided beating this time.