Sign in to follow this  
cbrboy12

Why is it that Kimbo is the only fighter to get a second chance?!

I have watched this whole season and many seasons before and im starting to really get sick of it. I just dont understand why Kimbo is the only fighter that they are planning on giving a second chance? In my opinion I feel there are a couple better fighters that lost and deserve a second chance before Kimbo. He showed no skill in his first fight and has never shown much skill in his MMA career, whats the deal?

Gotta agree on this one. Kimbo is definently marketable for sure. But I could have swore I read that Dana was signing him anyway. If he's already in, then why give him a chance at something he's already been promised? I think Kimbo should keep training to fight when they higher him and a different person should get the shot. Off the top of my head, the guy that just fought Roy Nelson didn't do to bad. That fact that he lost the first round where he pounded Nelson head all over is completely beyond me. Still, if Kimbo is already going to be in UFC, then give the shot to someone else.

I don't believe they ever said that Kimbo is the only one getting a 2nd chance, i don't believe i heard them say Kimbo was coming back. What i did hear was 1) dana said whoever might get the opportunity to come back and fight that they take advantage of the opportunity. 2) at the end of the "preview" for next week, they say a "shocking Kimbo moment" or something to that effect. I believe they offer it to Kimbo and he says he can't go cause of his knee, but IDK.

Either way i'm excited about next week, seems to be alot goin on in that 2hrs worth of TUF. I think Dana made it a 2 hr episode just to hurry up and get this season over with. LMAO

I agree that Kimbo didn't look good in his fight, but how good would anyone look with a 260 pound sack of *#$@ sprawled out on top of them.

That being said, none of those other guys were all that impressive either. Truth be told, we've seen some of the worst fights in the history of the show on this season. The pissing contests between Rampage and Rashad have been more entertaining. There isn't a single guy in the house right now that could handle anyone in the lacking UFC heavyweight division and that isn't saying much.

I hope Kimbo does get a second chance to fight! At least he's willing to take a punch! Aside from him and "Big Baby", this season should be called ULTIMATE FIGHTER 10 Dancing With The Has Been Football Stars!!

P.S. Matt Mitrione is a complete frontwiper!!! Corky from "Life Goes On" would have a better chance of winning this show!

You are right. What's the deal with that?? Is it just the editing?? Or merely a blatant display of favoritism?? I never heard any of the other members of team rampage mention about getting a second chance save for Kimbo. If that is not favoritism, then I'm the next ultimate fighter!

I agree/disagree with you guys. yes I think its BS that Kimbo is being favored but at the same time, since he was one of the first ones to fight, I think he has had more training time than the rest and has probably absorbed more than anyone else. guess we'll see when he fights Alexander

truth be told im seriously tired of tuf this season. I hope they never do HW's again ridiculous fail IMO. It should be obvious that Dana would make outrageous exceptions for kimbo only for one reason, because he already has name recognition and therefore means more money.

Oh and also i find it funny that originally Dana said that Kimbo would need to earn a contract just like every other TUF contestant...im pretty sure we all know that is some bs and there is pretty much no chance we wont see Kimbo in the UFC

Oh and also i find it funny that originally Dana said that Kimbo would need to earn a contract just like every other TUF contestant...im pretty sure we all know that is some bs and there is pretty much no chance we wont see Kimbo in the UFC

Odds are we will see him in the UFC, but bet your **** if he loses 2-3 times, he will be out of it just as fast as he came in. No one wants to see someone get thrown to the wolves, no matter what your name is.

truth be told im seriously tired of tuf this season. I hope they never do HW's again ridiculous fail IMO. It should be obvious that Dana would make outrageous exceptions for kimbo only for one reason' date=' because he already has name recognition and therefore means more money.[/quote']

TUF is just a soap opera.Its a Big Brother with taste of blood.If they really would like

to "find" good fighters they would.No matter whether its Heavy Weights or not.

About Heavy Weights, its ridicilous to select there some 1/3 of them fatsos, and some

of them being life-shortening fat, being quite young still.I believe they are there because

about the same percentage of viewers connect to them, being mortally overweighed too.

There is no advantage in extra fat whatsoever.With nothing I mean nothing, not a thing, nada etc.

Disadvantages should be quite obvious.

I like Fedor but even he should lose at least 10 to 20 kg of fat.Thats some 12 to 25 lbs

There may be a tactical reason for him not to do it i.e. not having to fight LHW.

I dont know the rules whether its allowed to fight HW is one is LHW.

Kimbo at least looks like an athlete and seems to be a nice person too.

My favorite is Marcus who looks like an athlete acts as a human being and

seems to have a fighters heart.I must say my "least" likable guy is the guy they call

ti-ties, dont remember his real name.I'm not trying to offend anybody but that guy is

scary in "headlines" way.Hope I'm wrong about him.

Since the beginning of the season..actually before, rampage and dana have been slobbering over Kimbo. Granted, the man has some powerful street experience. In his fight against Big Country however, he looked like a little boy with no defense. When he won, Dana was so disappointed that his boy didn't win that he lashed out at Roy. Roy just did what any good PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER would have done..went for Kimbo's weaknesses. I have heard some dis Roy because he "laid on" Kimbo. If that was all Roy had to do then that is even more evidence that Kimbo did so poorly that he does not need to be there. I mean this is the UFC/MMA, not boxing. There are plenty that deserve a second chance before Kimbo. It is plain $ motivation at this point...there is no logical argument for allowing Kimbo to get a second chance or to be the focus of attention that he is.

...there is no logical argument for allowing Kimbo to get a second chance or to be the focus of attention that he is.

I disagree just a bit.One argument is that it would be good for the sport if there's people

who look more like fighters than mcdunkindonuts.The sport needs respect.If there's

a professional fighter who doesnt even have discipline to eat properly, how could any

Average Joe believe UFC is a sport! At least outside USA.

In sumo there are fatsos but they have cultural reasons for that (ironically most of the really fat ones are from USA) and in their sport they dont need endurance.

In the NFL some linemen are fat but there its more beneficiary.I haven done any math on that but I'm sure if it would be bad thing there would be only athletic figures lining up for sure.

In MMA there's no reason for fat and all the reasons to get rid of it - even if it means

selecting Kimbo ;)

Wes Shivers' date=' demico rogers and mike wessell look better than kimbo. It is total bs. Im suprised none of the other fighters have spoke up about this.[/quote']

i agree demico rogers looked good in his fight and IMO he deserves the comeback

i like the guy and i like seeing him fight but the guy can never be a champion they need to be selective in picking his fights putting him up against only fighters with no ground game who are solely stand up bangers

Wes Shivers' date=' demico rogers and mike wessell look better than kimbo. It is total bs. Im suprised none of the other fighters have spoke up about this.[/quote']

Probably not very good for your long term career prospects.

I like the guy and I do not blame him but I am getting so sick of this Kimbo stuff.

Every week you get to see a spoiler for the next week and always about Kimbo. is he going to get another chance. and this has gone on for how long now? 5 weeks?

This is the worst season ever and I have all seasons on my hard disk cause I love the show. Don't like the fights don't like the Kimbo pushing and not really loving the fighters this year as much.

I think its because he is the one making most noise about having a 2nd opportunity. The other fighters dont seem to be too vocal about fighting again. Kimbo keeps asking for it, training for it, and seems the most ready to fight again.

I hear that Kimbo will be fighting Houston Alexander in the future.. Have I been lied to?

Right now, i call it all rumor. Nothing will be put out there as official until after the TUF episode next week (dec 2.).

I'm not sure how much of it i believe as something will have to give as far as weightclasses go, either Kimbo gonna cut to 205 or Houston gonna pack it on for heavyweight.

I think its because he is the one making most noise about having a 2nd opportunity. The other fighters dont seem to be too vocal about fighting again. Kimbo keeps asking for it' date=' training for it, and seems the most ready to fight again.[/quote']

Sorry but I really have to correct you on that.

Kimbo is the only one BEING SHOWN to make noise about a return to the octagon. There is not a guy in that house who wouldn't give Dana a fresh testicle to get a second chance, you can sure as hell believe that.

Well.....aside from Meathead