Sign in to follow this  
SrH420x

Kimbo vs Houston Alexander TUF Finale

I forgot to put my input in. I think it could go either way if standing because there both strong there and Houston will take if it goes to the ground.

Yeah, if he can even fight because of his "arthritis" cough cough sandy ****** cough cough. I was disappointed to see him not take the shot and suck it the f'''ck up

Kimbo mice, tirn down a fight becuz of arthritis?!!!!! WTF! Houston will knock him into the next galaxy and he will need Captin Kirk to bring hi back! lol!

Kimbo mice' date=' tirn down a fight becuz of arthritis?!!!!! WTF! Houston will knock him into the next galaxy and he will need Captin Kirk to bring hi back! lol![/quote']

im glad u posted this here and not in my " why did Kimbo wimp out" thread lol

Easy to call someone a b**** when your not even a fighter. Step into the cage then you can talk. Who knows how bad the pain is. My dad and auncle have it and they complain just going to work, no telling how it feels when fighting. This is the first time Kimbo has turned down any kind of fight, and you can't really blame him when he turns around and takes a fight with an even stronger opponent in Houston Alexander. Kimbo is real. His fighting and all may not be the best, but he's a fighter. Give the guy some credit.

As for the fight between Kimbo and Houston, I think Houston has it. They both have horrible ground game so I doubt that would even matter if the fight decides to go to the ground. I think Houston has the experince and power to knock Kimbo out. But, you never know, Kimbo has some power to. I think it'll be a good fight that could possibly go either way, but for the sake of my UFC Fantasy points I'm going with Houston TKO Round 1.

As much as I like Kimbo, I have to go with reality here... Houston is going to slaughter him :(

All its going to take is getting Kimbo in a clinch (which should be easy for him to do) then deliver the brutal knees to Kimbo's face. :(

I will honestly go with Houston.He has shown a lot of potential as far as the stand up goes.I think for Houston to take this fight is a little insulting.Kimbo is like a little test for Houston,and is Houston loses then I believe his career will be in somewhat jeopardy.If Kimbo wins he'll get a lot of recognition.Houstons mauy tai will overwhelm kimbo.Even the control of houston against the cage will overwhelm slice.Only way I see kimbo winning is if Houston is tentative and hesitant with the stand up.If Kimbo explodes at the beginning while staying away from the clinch.Kimbo could win. That's my prediction anyways.

Houston Alexander will by youth. Kimbo should look into another gig. arthritis, he should take care of his bones, as old age has set in for him prematurely than it should have. I mean Kimbo is 35 y/o and has arthritis and still wants to fight!

He'll need to bulk himself up more to block shots because he can't even move around in the octagon like a boxer and streetfighting with no rules sucker punching, groin shots, etc. is not allowed in the ufc.

First off dont depend on Houston for the knockouts you seen on Keith Jardine.As of late hes lost some pretty well kind of a push over fight. He isnt steam rolling like he was so yea dont count on a broken jaw i mean cmon the 1 round knockout with James Irvin wow who saw that coming but i think it can go either way.i dont see the fight going past the 2nd. mainly because i dont know how Kimbos cardio will be and they will be too many bombs being threw..By the way i have a ? does this mean Kimbo is droppin to 205 where he belongs. I assume thats the weight.Pretty sure that Houston is fighting at 205 but can someone answer that for me

who cares if kimbo didnt take that fight on TUF

he's in the ufc regardless

he was hurt at the time so it was probably a smart move to not take the fight

DUHHH:rolleyes:

First off dont depend on Houston for the knockouts you seen on Keith Jardine.As of late hes lost some pretty well kind of a push over fight. He isnt steam rolling like he was so yea dont count on a broken jaw i mean cmon the 1 round knockout with James Irvin wow who saw that coming but i think it can go either way.i dont see the fight going past the 2nd. mainly because i dont know how Kimbos cardio will be and they will be too many bombs being threw..By the way i have a ? does this mean Kimbo is droppin to 205 where he belongs. I assume thats the weight.Pretty sure that Houston is fighting at 205 but can someone answer that for me

ive heard its gonna be a catchweight fight

kimbo needs to drop to light heavy anyway

who cares if kimbo didnt take that fight on TUF

he's in the ufc regardless

he was hurt at the time so it was probably a smart move to not take the fight

DUHHH:rolleyes:

he wasnt hurt..he had arthritus, which doesnt go away

he still has it and he said he didnt want treatment....sooo.....

you do the math

The only intriguing thing about watching Kimbo is that he looks like something out of a scary movie.

The only skills he has going for him is that he used to be good at overglorified streetfighting versus amateur and weight outclassed streetfighters and the other skill Kimbo has is that his beard grows out like a scary, greasy beard. That was a good description Rashad.

Besides those things just mentioned (greasy, scary beard and past overglorified streetfighting vs nonveteran super middleweight streetfighters, which serve more as psychological intimidating features, I see Houston who can also grow an intimidating goatee without the grease, and with professional mma skills KOing slow moving big greasy beard OUT!!!!!!!!!

Enough said.

Easy to call someone a b**** when your not even a fighter. Step into the cage then you can talk. Who knows how bad the pain is. My dad and auncle have it and they complain just going to work' date=' no telling how it feels when fighting. This is the first time Kimbo has turned down any kind of fight, and you can't really blame him when he turns around and takes a fight with an even stronger opponent in Houston Alexander. Kimbo is real. His fighting and all may not be the best, but he's a fighter. Give the guy some credit.[/quote']

+1, I don't appreciate it when people talk serious crap and say they suck and they're a b**** and all that nonsense. I understand disliking somebodies style, but you really don't have any right to say crap about a fighter unless you've taken some punches from them... End of story.

Both men have no ground game, and they are both incredibly strong and explosive. But only one has an injury. I gotta say the paper game belongs to Alexander, but Kimbo can win.

Neither guy offers much more than a classic brawlers style. Kimbo gases out, and Houston lacks dimension to his game. His advantage over Kimbo is experience. But if these guys just start swinging wildly, it's anyone's fight.

i think it's an important fight for both guys.

For Houston, it's a fight against a big-name (though not yet warrented) opponent with basically the same skill sets. Houston must prove he is far and above what Kimbo is, beat a media name like Kimbo, and get back into the UFC as a marketable fighter.

For Kimbo, it's step 1 to prove he belongs:

Step 1 is fight some who is basically his clone: stand up only, can punch like a brick but hasn't proven enough he can TAKE a shot like a brick.

Kimbo must beat his clone, and prove he can rise ABOVE it. He needs show fast powerful hands, take a shot or 2 and keep coming, show heart and cardio, and KNOCK Houston out.

after that, Step 2 is to fight someone who can TAKE big shots...and Kimbo must prove he has heart and perseverance against someone he can't knock out with one shot.

Step 3 is to take on someone with a ground game.....Kimbo must prove he's well rounded enough to put on a competitive fight with a well-rounded fighter.